Blank Pages in Word

For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that DO
NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the numbering.
ie.;
page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .

This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
facing page.

You will need to insert section breaks and then turn off the Same as
Previous setting to disconnect the headers/footers for those pages you want
to be blank. You will also need to then copy the header/footer information
to the next section where they are again wanted.

This article provides some useful tips for how to work with document
sections in Word:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/Formatting/WorkWithSections.htm

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"SijoZ" <SijoZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that
> DO
> NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the
> numbering.
> ie.;
> page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .
>
> This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
> facing page.

0
Herb
11/12/2009 2:06:57 AM
Although Herb has told you how to do this, note that this is entirely
contrary to convention, and Word will fight you all the way. The
conventional approach would be to use Odd Page section breaks, which will
insert a completely blank even page as needed (that is, when a section ends
on an odd page), but pages will be paginated continuously (as readers would
expect). In the example you gave, you would have:

Page 1, page 2, page 3, (blank page 4), page 5, page 6, page 7 (no blank
needed after 6 because 7 is an odd page).

If what you really want is pages that are blank on both sides and don't
interrupt the numbering, it would be easier just to insert blank sheets
after printing.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"SijoZ" <SijoZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that
> DO
> NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the
> numbering.
> ie.;
> page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .
>
> This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
> facing page.

0
Suzanne
11/12/2009 3:21:59 AM
I took him literally (1, 2, 3, blank, 4...), and yes... the approach I gave
will cause struggle, but can accomplish it the stated aim.

Of course, if he really does want the conventional approach, odd page page
breaks are a lot simpler, automatic, and lower maintenance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Although Herb has told you how to do this, note that this is entirely
> contrary to convention, and Word will fight you all the way. The
> conventional approach would be to use Odd Page section breaks, which will
> insert a completely blank even page as needed (that is, when a section
> ends on an odd page), but pages will be paginated continuously (as readers
> would expect). In the example you gave, you would have:
>
> Page 1, page 2, page 3, (blank page 4), page 5, page 6, page 7 (no blank
> needed after 6 because 7 is an odd page).
>
> If what you really want is pages that are blank on both sides and don't
> interrupt the numbering, it would be easier just to insert blank sheets
> after printing.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "SijoZ" <SijoZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that
>> DO
>> NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the
>> numbering.
>> ie.;
>> page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .
>>
>> This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
>> facing page.

0
Herb

Printing right to the edge of the page without borders???
I have an image that I need to print to the exact page size (A5). I have changed the image dimensions to match the page dimensions but when I print it keeps cutting part of the iamge off?? Does anyone know how I can fix this?? Sharina wrote: > I have an image that I need to print to the exact page size (A5). I > have changed the image dimensions to match the page dimensions but > when I print it keeps cutting part of the iamge off?? Does anyone > know how I can fix this?? ======================== Maybe your printer doesn't print full bleed (edge to edge)? "How to find ...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

populate word template from Outlook custom form
Outlook 2003 SP3 Hi, I have a script that populates a Word template with Item.Body. The following DOES work: Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection Set objTable = objDoc.Tables(1) objDoc.Bookmarks("Body").Range.InsertBefore Item.Body The problem is that it doesn't keep the formatting. So I tried to do this and it DOES NOT work. What am I missing? Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection Set objTable = objDoc.Tables(1) objSel.Copy Item.Body objSel.PasteAndFormat (wdPasteDefault) Thank you very much for your help, Joel If you use Word a...

When I publish a web page that's supposed to be interactave it be.
When I publish a web page that's supposed to be interactave it become a static web page? Not sure it there is trick to this but I have tried several times with always the same result ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

word shuts down when pasting from mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel On my iMac, when I try to paste the text from an email message into Word, Word crashes - shuts down. This did not always happen. Up until last week copy and paste from Mail to Word was fine. Any suggestions? Word might have problems with some formatting in the text you are trying to copy. Does this happen with every text, or just with the one you are trying to copy? In any case, copy the text, open Word and then click on Edit>Paste Special and choose to paste the unformatted text only. This should not ...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

updating/overwriting a driver that uses paged code and is active.
Hi, Is it safe to updated a driver by simply copying over it when it's loaded in memory (started) and has paged code sections? I tried to messing things up by deleting it and seems to work fine. Is there a way I can force a drivers paged sections to be flushed out of memory to see if it could be a problem? Or if it's known to be a problem, I can simply check the service status and not update if it's "started". TIA!! "David F." <df2705@community.nospam> wrote: > >Is it safe to updated a driver by simply copying over it when it&...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

problems with graphics in word
I have webpages that I made in Word for Windows (office xp for students and teachers version 2002) but when I edit them and then preview them in word for mac(office for mac for students and teachers 2004), I get weird code on the top of the page and the graphics (jpegs and gifs) disappear (this happens when you view the page in Safari or Firefox and in IE the whole page is now gibberish).I've also noticed that when people send me word docs with graphics, the graphics don't show when I open the attachments in word. How do I fix this? Also posted on the Word group, look there fo...

When I open a new page, I get background with small boxes?
Recently, when I started opening a new page, in Word, I am getting a bcakground on the page, like a table, with 52 columns across and more down. Very much like graph or grid paper. How can I get rid of this? Depends on the Word version - for Word up to 2003, turn off the grid from the Drawing toolbar > Draw > Grid For Word 2007 - insert or select a shape, then from the drawing tools > format > arrange > align > uncheck 'view gridlines'. In any version, the following macro will toggle the gridline display on/off Sub ToggleGridlines() Options.Display...

Scroll wheel not working in Word 7
I have Word for Windows 95 version 7.0. I am using it on my current XP Home SP3 system, and it works fine, except that the mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. Any suggestions? It is a Labtec mouse. Device Manager says: PS/2 Compatible Mouse This device is working properly Driver Provider: Microsoft Driver Date: 01/07/2001 Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0 (I know there are more recent versions of Word, but I'm a skinflint. I was using Open Office for a while, but find it slower and more clunky than Word, though it is handy for opening fil...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

Pasting in Tab Control pages
Hi. I use Access 2003. I have a couple wide rectangles I need to duplicate. I do copy and when I do paste they are pasted almost outside the page area stretching the page and creating a mess. Looks like it takes the rectangles width and pastes horizontal shifted by that width. Is there a way to have pasts vertically shifted only? Thanks Henry ...

Blank, yet not blank
Hi, I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to manipulate the data. I notice that some of the cells, though appearing to be blank (and not showing 0 either), still responded to a simple formula like IF(OR(A1="",A1=0),1,0) giving the answer as 1. Can anyone tell me what's happening here, as it does mean I need to unneccessarily extend the formulas to exclude these cells. Rob "Rob" wrote: > Hi, > > I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to > manipulate the data. I notice that so...

BLANK FORM / QUERY
My database is pretty basic with tables, forms, queries etc. I'd like to display a form that allows me to type in a figure in the first field and the rest of the fields will populate automatically. I'm not sure how to create a query where the field awaits input. Thanks in advance. -- TomMurray In the query's criteria box, use square brackets: [Enter a value] or from a form: [Forms]![FormName]![txBoxName] in the first case, you will be prompted. In the second, you will only be prompted if the form isn't open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

why is extra information page being printed in Word
Every time I print a document in Word 2003 I first get an informational page printed that lists some details of the file history and number of characters, etc. This just popped up several days ago, and in my 15 years of using Office products I have never seen or heard of such a thing. My real question is "How do I get rid of this feature?". Thanks! Tools, Options, Print tab, uncheck the Document Properties box in the Include with document section. Hope this helps DeanH "bigbaka" wrote: > Every time I print a document in Word 2003 I first get a...

How do I print all pages in a pivotchart?
I have a pivotchart with about 20 "pages"/"categories" that are accessible from a dropdown list. I want to print out every one of them under Excel 2003. How do I do this? (even if I have to write a Macro - but I really shouldn't have to go that far!) If I'm not clear, just ask and I'll make this request more detailed. Thanks. ...

Blank Records in Catalog Merge
I am printing a directory with the following information: Name Child's Name Phone Number Address The records that do not have an entry under "Child's Name" are coming out like this: Name Phone Number Address (...with a blank space where the "Child's Name" field would be.) Even worse (and more confusing when reading the final document) is when the record has neither a "Child's Name" entry nor a "Phone Number" entry, and you get this: Name Address Basically, I want it to ignore the line if there is no data in the field. Accord...

Blank Document no longer blank
Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will remove the words or picture from the default new document HELP please! See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm for tips on how to remove content from the Normal.dot(x) Hope this helps DeanH "AnaMarie" wrote: > Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) > appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will > remove the words or p...

Page shows up in print preview, but prints blank...
I'm trying to print a booklet with graphics on both the front and back covers. The back cover graphics and text appear fine in print preview, but when I send it to the printer, it prints blank. The front cover is fine. Help! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Have you checked the manufacturer's web page for your model printer? There maybe an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offi...