Avery Post Cards 8577 Template Problem

I created a 2 column post card in word to be used as a 4-up post card for
Avery's 8577 postcard paper.  I am unable to copy and past the document
created in word with 2 columns and maintain the 2 column formatting.  Even
when I hilight the cell and tell it to create 2 columns, nothing changes.

Avery suggest their online design and print, but it is horrible...

Help please.

It's not clear what you're trying to do, but the correct way to approach
such tasks is through the label definitions in the Labels dialog. Even if
the Label Options doesn't include a label definition for these specific
postcards, you should be able to use 3263 (landscape) or 5845 (portrait).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Dr Bill" <DrBill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a 2 column post card in word to be used as a 4-up post card for
> Avery's 8577 postcard paper.  I am unable to copy and past the document
> created in word with 2 columns and maintain the 2 column formatting.  Even
> when I hilight the cell and tell it to create 2 columns, nothing changes.
>
> Avery suggest their online design and print, but it is horrible...
>
> Help please.

0
Suzanne

Excel hang-up/crash problem
I have two realively large workbooks with macros. Data is to b exchanged between them. But when I have both two open, Excel jus halts/crashes without any error message. Separately both works jus fine (also at the same time running in separate Excel applications). Any ideas on how to fix this? Could settings for mermory be the thing? How can I change the me settings? (i run Excel 2000 on XP Pro.) Thanx in advance! Georg Rokn -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi gerok! Find and Select C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\local settings\temp Select all files and delete...

Problem with Public Folders #3
I hope someone can help me with this. I had an Exchange 2000 server and added an Exchange 2003 server and migrated over all of the mailboxes. At some point, something happened and I was no longer able to modify the security / rights in the public folders like I used to be able to. I could set up new folders and I'm able to modify those, but not the old ones. I've since uninstalled the Exchange 2000 server, hoping that would solve the problem. It didn't. I reinstalled Exchange 2003 over the current, and that didn't help either. If I am in Outlook and right click prop...

Modifying of PA PO Receiving Posting Journal Report
Hi, I want to modify this Project Purchase Receiving report I tried alot but I could not bcz this report is using temp tables and value fields as string1, string2.... in report body area and these string fields are displaying multiple lines. So how can i modify this repot in the below format as single line: Project# Cost Cat ID, Quantity, receipt date, Extend Price Your quick help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer ...

Numbered business cards
I'm using Pub's biz-card format to create "punch-cards." Can Publisher insert sequential numbers on each business card on the sheet? (instead of printing each card on the sheet identically?) HELP PLeasE! Stumped <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm using Pub's biz-card format to create "punch-cards." Can > Publisher insert sequential numbers on each business card on the > sheet? (instead of printing each card on the sheet identically?) Yes, just use Mail Merge. (There is a tutorial detailing exa...

CRM 3 Post-callout issues
Hi guys I am having a bit of trouble getting a post-callout working for v3 of CRM, I have found that compared to the documentation for the CRM 1.2 SDK documentation, the docs for 3.0 are quite lacking. I have written and compiled my callout and I have registered it on the CRM server inline with the documentation and this error appears in the event log of the server when I try to access the object which has been configured to use the callout. --------8<--------- Error: ISV code threw exception: assembly: XXXXCrmCalloutV3.dll; class: XXXX.Crm.Callout; entity: account, event: postcreate, exc...

printing using avery paper
I am trying to print business cards on avery business card paper #8876. I cannot find a place to choose a specific avery paper so I did page set up and changed the vertical and horizontal gaps to zero and adjusted the card to its appropriate size. The problem i have run into is that as it prints my header gets closer and closer to the top edge of my cards. It shouldn't be a printer issue as the printer is brand new as of june 28th. Any suggestions? Free software that makes the production of business cards a breeze.. http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetai...

Problem printing Publisher document
I get the following error when trying to print - Publisher cannot print this Publication. To print composite CMYK or separations, you must use a printer driver that is set to output Post Script language Level 2 or later. I am using an Epson Color Stylus 670 and I have installed the lastest drivers for this printer. Any tips? Are you trying to produce a CMYK file for a consumer inkjet printer? You don't need that setting. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cd01c4263d$017434f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I...

Avery Labels 8195
I want to use the Avery label 8195 with RMS, It uses the 5195 template. Can this be done? If it similar layout to avery label formats included in RMS (ie 5160), then probably yes. - Open up label designer - select the 5160 or similar format - save as "test 5195" in both file name and "description" within the GUI - tweak it - print a full page worth of labels with your new design but on a regular piece of laser size paper - hold it up to the light behind a 5195 sheet of labels - adjust your design as needed (up, down, to the right to the left) Hope this ...

Loop and Insert Problem
I have to move X number of records from one table to another table so this is a 2 part question. First I need to run the loop the number of times that TxtCount equals. Second I need to insert from the CheckDetails table to the Transfer table, however they have different fields. How can I do this? Any help appreciated. Thanks DS Me.TxtCount = Nz(DCount("CDItemID", "tblCheckDetails", "CDCheckID = " & Me.TxtLeftID), 0) Do Until Me.TxtCount Me.TxtTransferID = Nz(DMax("[TransferID]", "tblTransfers"), 0) + 1 CurrentDb.Execute "INSER...

Predefined distribution list in outlook template
Hi everyone, Here is my current situation, I have a central mailbox to send out urgent messages to predefined distribution list in my Personal Address Book (PAB). The problem is message owners need to rely on me all the times (even when I am not in the office!) to send out messages since I am the person who maintain the distribution list and to make sure the message sent to right group of people. I think this is not a efficient process. I am looking for an automation way so that message owners can send out messages themselves while making use of the distribution list I maintain. I...

Dont print Kit details on 40 column receipt template
Could somebody share how to make it so all of the Kit detail does not print onto the 40 column receipts? Microsoft does have an article in the knowledge base that discusses how to do this, however, it seems to be old material that needs to be updated. It does not match or work with the current receipt.xml that comes with 1.3 Refresh. I believe it is something very simple to do, but I am having problems making it work correctly. Any help would be appreciated. thank you. Scratch that question... the 1.3 Refresh receipt.xml already has the fix included into it. haha, Ive spent the last ...

Avery Labels
I am trying to create a postcard in publisher using an Avery label. Is this possible?? I see that the page setup allows for post cards but I'm not sure where the paper stock is supposed to come from. I have already purchased Avery and would REALLY like to use it. Any advice?? Thanks in advance!! -- Thank you, KDill What do you mean by "where the paper stock is supposed to come from"? If you are talking about size, as long as it fits your stock, use it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "KDill" <KDill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

problem with .emf files in PP
I insert a emf logo created in Illustrator in PP programmatically , it prints just fine but it looks jagged and ugly on the screen. Because I have background I can’t use other formats , I tried wmf and results are the same and png format has just opposite results ( they look good on the screen , but print poorly) . Any suggestions? -- Best regards, Edward In article <BC0B10E0-ED3F-4111-B2D5-100863C5B6D2@microsoft.com>, Edward wrote: > I insert a emf logo created in Illustrator in PP programmatically , it prints > just fine but it looks jagged and ugly on the scr...

View the template of current document
How can I view the template of current document. Or in-generall "Template and Add-ins" dialog? Since you're asking, I'll assume you have Word 2007. You can access the Templates and Add-ins dialog in a couple of ways: 1. If you have the Developer tab showing on the Ribbon, you can click on Document Template to get the dialog (if you don't have this tab, you can add it by checking "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" at Office Button | Word Options | Popular). 2. Office Button | Word Options | Add-ins. At the bottom of the dialog, beside "Ma...

Excel Attachment Opening Problem in Outlook 2000
I have several users who have lost the ability to open Excel attachments from Outlook. When the users click on the Excel attachment, the Excel shell opens and the error message state that 'access to the specified device, path or file denied.'. Additionally, if the users attempt to save the file to his/her hard drive, he/she gets the error message that 'the system cannot find the file specified.'. Users are able to open all other types of Office 2000 files, i.e., Word, Powerpoint, and Access files. If anyone can help me with this issue or clue me in on how to find ...

White edges when creating templates
I want to know how to get rid of the white edges when i'm greating a template. I have the template set on Auto and I have installed the Template Manager. But i still get about half a centameter of white edge on all four sides. I'm using One Note 2003. Any help would be great. Thanks. Chrys H. ...

Contacts problem #5
I don't understand the relationship between the email addresses I type, and which come up in the 'To' field, and my contacts list. How do I get the email addresses I type to be included in my contacts? Pretty vague post you made here. We don't even know your Outlook version. There is no relationship whatsoever between your autocompletion cache and your Contacts Folder, if that's what you're asking. The autocompletion cache is simply a list of the recipients to whom you have sent messages. If you want the email addresses that you manually type into the To: fiel...

Multiple posting accounts for salesperson commissions expense
I need to be able to post commissions to separate expense posting accounts depending on the salesperson. Is this possible in GP 8.0? If so, how? ...

Avery labels
I am having a problem with Avery labers specifically A4 L7163 labels. when I print on them they are not alligned properly the it is as if the margins are all out. The paper settings are correct in both application and printer and this worked on 2003 before I upgraded can anyone advise what I need to do. Thank you 1. You have added a header/footer to the normal template. 2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size of the label sheet. 3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog 4. Your printer has poor paper handli...

Problem with Excel freezing up...
I'm having troubles with Excel freezing up when I export a table from Access to Excel. Excel begins to open, the toolbar appears, then total freeze-up. This doesn't happen all the time, just once in awhile. And, it doesn't seem to be influenced by the Table size. In other words, some big tables work fine, but it'll freeze-up on a small table. I'm running Windows XP. Thanks in advance. GGGiddy-yup!!! ...

3rd Posting of Out of Office Assistant not Responding
I've have posted this question twice where an MVP has responded and has not checked back on the thread to see if any additional help was needed. Here is the background on this issue: Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not sending an AutoReply response to sender. The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net structure to our domain. Com for external use and Net for internal use. Both are being handled by an Internal Exchange 2000 server. This is not a global issue. This is happening to a single user. It is not workstation related. No matter where she uses her roami...

Newbie Outlook user needs help post haste!
As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed to logging in and all. I've finally managed to do that, but when I click the "send/receive" button, I get the following error message: "Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR unable to lock mailbox" Ok. That's pretty mind boggling. To me, anyway. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated! Kristine wrote: > As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed ...

non CRM posts
Sorry to inject this, but is MSFT still trying to fix the issue with all the non-CRM posts to this NG? Seems like they're trying, but now we're getting Media Player and a lot of Excel questions. (And, in case a MSFT person does read this or follow-up, I don't use the web interface to post or read the newsgroup, use a news reader) -jim I've contacted Microsoft direct about this. May be able to get something done about it. I just wish they would give someone the ability to delete posts that are not crm related as I know MS are a bit too busy to be monitoring this group all...

Email problem 01-29-08
Hello, I am trying to put in 5 five names in the SendCC and it works fine for the first three but when I drop to the next line to add the other two, I get a syntax compile error and the last two name appear in red. Could someone please help me. I'm sure I am not adding something in the code but don't know what. Here is the code I am using: On Error GoTo EH Dim SendTo As String, SendCC As String, MySubject As String, MyMessage As String SendTo = "" SendCC = "dalia.ssssssss@bankxxxxxx.com, alpheretta.sssss@bankxxxxxx.com, myrna.sssss@bankxxxxxx.com &a...

problem with MOD in lookup
In a certain column I have a value =M2/L2 let's say, but I need it to be in units of 0.05 so I do =M2/L2-MOD(M2/L2,0.05) this seems to give the right answers. However when I use this value in a lookup table, with the number being the value on the row I need out of the table, many results come back as #N/A Now, when I either type in THE SAME VALUE ! or do a copy/paste special/values only with the numbers that I've trimmed to be in units of 0.05, suddenly the lookups work properly I am thinking that the MOD function is perhaps doing something funny here but I'm not sure what a...