Apply Section Break - Odd Page to Style.

Hi!

We can apply page break easily on style by click the "page break before" in
"Paragraph..." settings but how do you apply Section Break - Odd Page to a
customized style?

We are using Heading 1 as Chapter title and we want it to have Section Break
- Odd Page before so the Chapter title page always begins as a new section on
the odd page.

Thanks!

No, a section break cannot be made part of a style. Sorry!

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"gistahuang" <gistahuang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> We can apply page break easily on style by click the "page break before"
> in
> "Paragraph..." settings but how do you apply Section Break - Odd Page to a
> customized style?
>
> We are using Heading 1 as Chapter title and we want it to have Section
> Break
> - Odd Page before so the Chapter title page always begins as a new section
> on
> the odd page.
>
> Thanks!

0
Suzanne

Excel 2007 Cell Style Question
Greetings, I just got upgraded to Excel 2007. I have made several custom cell styles that I use very frequently. I followed the instructions to create a Book.xltx in my XLStart foder. However, when I start Excel, the custom cell styles don't show up. How do I make this happen? TIA for your help! Ray ...

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Print first page to different printer from the others
Using Word 2003 - is it possible to print page 1 of a document automatically to a different printer from the other pages? I know it is easy to send to a different tray within the same printer, but that wouldn't work for us - we need to send page 1 to printer A and all other pages to printer B. Of course I also realise it is possible to select just page 1 and send it to A and then go back into File/Print and select the other pages and send them to B. But we want to make this automatic, if we can. Many thanks CW Answered in your similar earlier thread. -- <>>...

Page not found after installing FTP Server Service on MS CRM 1.2
I had installed MS CRM 1.2 successfully and had it running for the past few months. Yesterday, we installed the FTP Server Service for testing purposes. Now, when trying to access through IE, we receive the Under Construction Page (iisstart.htm) I went into IIS Administrator to check the obvious things (services running), removed the iisstart.htm, checked on Documents and added default.aspx. Now, when trying to access the server, we recieve the 404 error (page cannot be found). My guess is that when adding the FTP Server service, the Web Server got reinstalled. Is there any way how to...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

Sending more than 1 page in an email
I have created a 3 page newsletter and the mail program in Publisher only allows me to send 1 page. Is there a way to send all 3 in one email -- bob07 Send it as a PDF file. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. There are others. Do a search. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bob07" <bob07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71DD3B01-048C-491B-9D93-D0ECF9214A54@microsoft.com... >I have created a 3 page newsletter and the mail program in Publisher o...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Formatting detail section w/two lines
HELP, I'm trying to create the below in a report, but when I align the "title" field below the "name" field and the "background" field is more than one line, the "title" is no longer directly underneath the name. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Name Background Title Thanks for your expertise! Sincerely, Cynteeuh A couple of things to try. 1- Size Backgroundbigger than two lines and set Can Shrik to No. 2- Combine Name and Title into a single text box and set Can Grow to Yes. =[Name] & Chr(13) & C...

Printing Blank Pages
I've got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local printer and the other printer is a network printer. When I print a document on the local printer, everything works fine (Everything that is in the document is shown). But when I print to the network printer, the printer prints blanks and I cannot see anything including whatever I have typed in print preview. I have printed documents with network printer on a different computer and that works fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft Office. Do you know why this would...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

put calendar on two pages in publisher- calendar is 2 pages wide
When using publisher, I want to make a calendar that spreads across both pages. the templates only seem to allow me to put a calendar on one page. Is there a way to do this? thanks, Nancy J Are you creating a booklet? How are your pages setup? What size is your stock? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nancyj" <nancyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F025D58-D86E-4CAA-BEAD-BB878FE6A40A@microsoft.com... > When using publisher, I want to make a calendar that spreads across both >...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

Printer Friendly Email: Page Breaks
How do I insert a page break into the text of an email in Outlook Express 5? Any other tips on where to go to learn how to format email text using html? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpre...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Problem with web page created on the fly with VBScript
We have an internal web page that currently runs on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. The page calls a lot of VB scripts and everything works fine. We will soon have to move the web page to a new server running Windows 2003 SP2. I moved the code and set up a web server on the new box. When called from the server itself, the web page fucntions perfectly. However, when you access the web page from some other machine, the VB script fails saying it can't find wscript.exe. One odd thing though, is that I can get the page to work from the one individual in our department that is running Vi...

'This modification is not allowed because the section is locked'
i created an essay in a document. i had edited it, saved it and opened it again without any problems for few days. however the last time i tried to open it, it seems to be locked. i cannot click on any options apart from 'view' and when i try to edit my essay, 'This modification is not allowed because the section is locked' appears in the bottom left corner. how can i change my essay back to normal so i can edit it? any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks. Word 2007? It sounds like your trial copy has expired - time to buy the program. -- <>>...

is there a special way to centre pictures/text on the page
is there a special way to centre pictures/text on your page, Like centre horizontally or vertically, any options like that? cause i cant find them Mattias wrote: > is there a special way to centre pictures/text on your page, > Like centre horizontally or vertically, any options like that? cause > i cant find them ===================================== Which version of MS Publisher are you using? Try the options at: Arrange / Align or Distribute... -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://support.microsoft.com/ph/...

Shrinking pages
I have a flyer created on full page. How do i shrink the whole thing to print 4 per page or is that posible in publisher? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Crickett <Crickett@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I have a flyer created on full page. How do i shrink the whole thing > to print 4 per page or is that posible in publisher? This is not possible in Publisher - you can use a utility such as FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) to accomplish the same thing. Some printer drivers (HP, for example), offer this functionalit...

Payables issue with Applied Payments and Void Check
Hi, We had a user a number of months ago apply a number of Credit Memos from a vendor to a large invoice while creating a check. Apparently the check was then void, without a normal check number leaving us with "REMIT0000000000xx" as the reference to it. We now have a situation where the large invoice and all of the credits are still showing in the system as open. The individual credit memos do not show as having amounts applied, but when we try to apply them we're told that the amount is already applied. Everything seems to be stuck in limbo, with no way to post to resol...

Print Set-up is using only 10% of Page
I have a large document I am trying to have print out. The data I am printing is forced into about 10% of the page -- in the upper left hand corner -- rather than using the entire space available on the page. As a result, the data is too small to read. I had this document set up to print the way I wanted it -- using the entire page, and then at some point it got corrupted and crammed into the upper left hand corner. This happens to me quite often on this machine and on others. Thanks for any help. Excel 2000, XP. I would guess that on "Page Setup", you have the scaling checke...

unposted applied credits
how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. Thanks, Scott If you have SmartList Builder, you could use it to create a SmartList based on the Cash receipts work file. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Create a report off RM10201 (RM Cash Receipts Work File). Add a restriction where Current Transaction Amount <> Original Transaction Amount. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Which smartlist contains t...

"Fit to page" printing with Visio Viewer?
We use Visio Pro 2003 to draw prints for our cable harnesses, and I have installed the free viewer on all the shop floor machines. However, if they ever try printing anything, the drawing never fills the page like the original does; short of wasting 200 dollars on all the users that never need to edit a drawing, how can this be fixed? Even Acrobat Reader has "fit to page" available... it's not that hard. Thanks in advance. Same problem here. Not only it can't fit to print, but the fonts are unreadable, looks like print by dot matrix, anyone help? "saltydogmn@gmail.c...

Moving more than one page in Publisher.
How do I move more than a single book page in Publisher? I can move one page but I can't seem to figure out how to move more than one page. ...