1st Line in new docs

Hi

When I used to type a new doc there was a gap at the top so the text
appeared at the same point as when it was printed. Now there's no gap; the
text appears right at the top of the screen although it still prints with the
gap there.

How do I change it so the text appears where it will print.

I'm on Word 2007

TIA

Tim

Move the mouse cursor to the top of the document until it changes to two
vertically opposed arrows and a tool-tip "Double-click to show white space"
appears, then do that.

The display of the white space can also be controlled by clicking on the
Office button and then selecting Word Options and then clicking on Display
and either checking or unchecking the box for "Show white space between
pages in Print Layout view"
--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> When I used to type a new doc there was a gap at the top so the text
> appeared at the same point as when it was printed. Now there's no gap; the
> text appears right at the top of the screen although it still prints with
> the
> gap there.
>
> How do I change it so the text appears where it will print.
>
> I'm on Word 2007
>
> TIA
>
> Tim

0
Doug

New outlook application
I already have one oultook application can I add another one to the same PC? "bkland2000" <bkland2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77FD8B56-4907-48A0-9878-2103CB1DE528@microsoft.com... > I already have one oultook application can I add another one to the same > PC? What do you mean by "outlook application"? What do you need to do? You can only have one outlook version installed at a time and can only open one profile at a time in your windows account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

i'm new to MAC and want to continue using outlook and syncing to my palm. Is this possible?
Help! machilders@triad.rr.com wrote: > Help! > There is no longer an Outlook for the Mac, but Entourage is the Exchange client for the Mac. First see the Entourage Help Page: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/ And then post specific questions in the Entourage-dedicated group. Actually, search their archives. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/topics Lots of people doing similar things there. Dear ma, Here's a little triviality that you might be interested in, since you'll be enjoying your new Mac for a long time: "Mac" = abbr...

Inserting Lines
I have a spreadsheet that is several hundred lines in lenght. I would like to insert a line between each row. What is the easiest way to accomplish this task. Thank you. Mike If the blank row is just for appearance sake, an alternative would be to just increase the row heights so it looks double-spaced. Otherwise, a macro is fast. Sub InsertALTrows() 'David McRitchie, misc 2001-06-30 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Dim i As Integer For i = Selection(Selection.Count).Row To Selection(1).Row + 1 Step -1 Rows(...

assistance need with excel doc
Hi guys I am trying to copy rows which has minor function. These 5 rows have titles and a functions displaying items from another sheet. I tried to multiply (copy) these rows buy dragging the mouse down the sheet, but it makes copies with the function adding 5 instead of + 1. e.g "=Evaluation!C5&Evaluation!AY5&Evaluation!D5", the next set would be "=Evaluation!C10&Evaluation!AY10&Evaluation!D10" instead of "=Evaluation!C6&Evaluation!AY6&Evaluation!D6". I would like to know if I could copy these 5 rows a set adding + 1 for the formul...

Labeling 1st through 11th place
I have an excel file that has 11 place standings and I want a column to look at another column and label who has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... How would I go about doing that? I can get it to find the largest or smallest number in the set but no the other ones. I want it to update as the numbers change as they will each week. Help..... Thank you in advance, Paul =LARGE(A1:A100,1) =LARGE(A1:A100,2) etc. will get them all or a copy-able formula =LARGE(A1:A1,ROW(A1)) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "psilzle" <psilzle@bbei.com> wrote in message...

500 Command line too long
I get the above error from sending emails to only one recipient. Our Configuration. . . MDaemon 7.1.0 -> Cisco 831 router Their configuration is. . . Windows ISA server -> Norton Corporate (v8.5) Email Gateway -> Exchange 5.5 Below are the log entries for the failed connection. We are not having problems sending email to any other recipients. From the I can't tell which one of their three servers is actually the one that is rejecting the email. Does anyone have any experience with one of these servers wrongly issuing the "500 Command line too long" errors? Fri ...

Transferring to a new computer
I purchased a new computer and ordered it w/ Works thinking I could use my Office 2007 Upgrade CD I used on my old computer (to upgrade from Office 2003). Apparantly that won't work?? It says I don't have a valid Office copy on the new computer and it doesn't recognize the Works either. I thought you could install on 3 computers?? My old computer had OEM installed software which was Office 97 upgraded to 2003, to 2007. Do I need to buy a full copy for the new computer??? Thanks in advance. You need to run MSUpdate for the Works patch http://support.microsoft.com...

"/" as 1st character in a cell
I am having difficulties entering values in cells that begin with "/". Is there some over-write that will let me enter these normally as part of a text?? Tx On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:36:46 -0500, "Veronika" <v.cabanus@y2000.on.ca> wrote: >I am having difficulties entering values in cells that begin with "/". Is >there some over-write that will let me enter these normally as part of a >text?? >Tx > Several Methods: 1. Prefix the "/" with a single quote. The single quote will not be displayed in the cell, but will tell Excel ...

Leader lines on charts
:( I cannot get the leader lines to rpint on my pie chart. The lines ar printing on the preview, but will not print on the hard copy. ????? Can anyone help ? LBMCaju -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check the printer manufacturer's web site, to see if there's an updated version of your printer's driver. If there is, download and install it, and it may correct the problem. LBMCajun < wrote: > > I cannot get the leader lines to rpint on my pie chart. The lines are > printing on the preview, but will not print on the hard copy. -- Debra Dalgle...

Auto number new vendors
I have a client that adds vendors on a regular basis and they use numeric vendor numbers. Will there ever be a way for the system to offer an option to auto number the next new vendor ID? -- Debbie Bergman GP Consultant RSM McGladrey | Phoenix, AZ Debbie, Ethotech's Next Numeric Collection can do this: http://ethotech.com/nextnum.html -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Debbie Bergman" <DebbieBergman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E5...

Exchange 2003 Removing 1st server
Hi Guys I was running a exchange on a test server in my organization, and following 6 months testing andevaluation it was time to go live and install it on a live server. This was done, and all the mailboxes running on the test server migrated onto the new server etc. I was following KB822931 to decommision the test server and run into a problem. The Free/Busy folder will not synch between Test and Live when I rehome it. I constantly get the destination server (Live) saying "Locally Modified". I've even tried "Send Hierachy" from Test to Live server and it sti...

1st Wed, 1st Sat, 1st Sun
Hey all, I received this formula on this forum to always show the 1st Wed. of a month: =TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+8-WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())-3) What I now need are the formulas to always find the 1st Sat. and the 1st Sun. I'm setting up a monthly schedule with 5 weeks and I'm wanting the dates to automatically show the 1st Wed, Sat, & Sun of the month. Here's my set-up: B7 = 1st Wed. (the above formula resides in this cell) B10 = 1st Sat. (right now the formula in this cell is B7+3) B13 = 1st Sun. (the formula here is B10+1) I realize there ...

Creating Form, Need 1st 2 lines of field to indent, 3rd to wrap
I'm creating a form for myself to enter into. I have lines that are formatted in what they call "Indented Block" - I have a heading on the left margin, which I don't touch when filling in the form, the field starting at an indent of 3", the 2nd line of the field if it's long enough to wrap to also be at 3" and any lines after that to wrap back to the left margin. Kinda like this: heading: field 2nd line of field 3rd line of field continued BUT, I need to be able to indent the 3rd line also to 3" if it's too short &...

Two Subject Lines in same Internet Header
We currently use Brightmail to mark anything it detects as spam with a <spam> in the subject. However, recently some spam is slipping by withbout being marked. If I look at the Internet header on these messages, I see the following: Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 Received: from mail.umassmed.edu ([146.189.194.28]) by server.umassmed.edu with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Sat, 7 Jan 2006 08:18:59 -0500 Received: from 39F9B928 ([61.91.169.18]) by mail.umassmed.edu with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Sat, 7 Jan 2006 08:20:12 -0500 Received: (from inveigle@localhos...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

1st Data as CC Processor
In one post someone mentioned that 1st Data worked as a CC processor with RMS? I've not seen this documented anywhere? We currently use 1st Data but still have ICVerify. I would love to discontinue ICVerify and use RMS only - especially since ICVerify has to be upgraded in near future for compliance and support issues. -- John M. You would have to use PC Charge or ICVerify. RMS alone does not support First Data. "John M." <anonymous@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message news:OI9eUFpEHHA.3396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In one post someone mentioned t...

new Administrative Group or new Storage Group?
We have a school running one Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. There is the default Adminstrative Group which contains the mailboxes for faculty/staff. We'd like to give students mailboxes. Should I create a new Adminstrative group for them, or a new Storage group? Which is recommended, which will give me more conrol, etc. It looks like I can't change the message size for just the student mailboxes if I only create a Storage group. thanks chrism Administrative Groups are logical groupings of servers for administrative purposes. You need to create a new storage group and as ...

Open a new year without closing Previous year
Question for all of you. Can you open 2006 for posting if you have not yet closed 2005. Thanks in advance for your responses. -- GPUtilizer Yes, you can have an unlimited number of open years in GP if you are on anything higher than version 5.0 or so (I forget the exact version this changes in). You need to be careful about posting to subledgers in 2006 if you are going to be performing a 2005 year end close and actually relying on the 'amounts since last close'. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "GPutilizer" <GPutilizer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

To "collapse" text within a new message
Is there a way to add text within an email message so that it can be "expanded" or collapsed" by the reader upon receipt? Sounds like you are referring to an attachment, Word doc or Notepad text file. Eric_G wrote: > Is there a way to add text within an email message so that it can be > "expanded" or collapsed" by the reader upon receipt? No, because Outlook (and many other mail clients) don't support active content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

Line chart: Dates in uneven intervalls on x-achsis #2
'Supplementary' questions: Is there a clever way to make excel recogniz that '3 months' stands for '0.25 years', and '6 months' stands for '0. years'? I know, this is only cosmetics. Nevertheless it would be interesting ;) Gil -- gdavid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gdavids's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27378 You could use a helper column that divides months by 12 to scale as years. Jer...

new performance object
Hello NG, I want to create a new performance object with own counters in my application to access them later in the Performance monitor. How I can relize this problem. The example program PerformanceScribble ( I work with ATL 7.0 ) doesn't work well, because I cannot see the new performance object in the performance monitor. This ist my problem. How I can see new performance objects in the performance monitor ? Thanks for all help Cristina ...

Removing the 1st Exchange server
The very first server in our Exchange environment is old and it's ready for retirement. We are going to wipe out the server and rebuild it for some light task. All mailboxes, public folder and SMTP functionality are moved to newer servers. This is the very first server we built years ago in our Exchange 2000 environment, I am wondering if there is any special thing we need to do except uninstalling Exchange. Is there any "role" in Exchange like Schema master for AD, that needs special care? How to remove the first Exchange 2000 Server computer from the site http://support....

Error on CRM, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services configuration doc
The file: "Additional Setup Tasks When Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Is Installed on a Separate Server from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or Microsoft SQL Server" contains an error that may result in confusion. On page 2-3, Configuration 2 (Figure 3) shows CRM and Reporting Services on a single server and SQL on a different server. Configuration 3 (Figure 4) shows Reporting Services on one server and CRM installed with SQL on the other server. On Page 4, the Configuration descriptions shown in the summary table are reversed. That is, Configuration 2 shows Server 1 with Reporting Ser...

removing 1st E2K
We have recently introduced a W2K3/E2K3 Ent Edt to our single W2k/E2K domain. We have ran all the necessary prep require for W2k3/E2K3 upgrades when we implemented the first E2K3. The E2K3 joined the E2K during installation as a member and now we are ready to transfer the master role of the E2K to the new E2K3 server. I need to find the best way to move all the first exchange server role to the E2K3 because we are decommishing the E2K due to hardware. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "manoa" <manoa@d...