"hidden"codes "paragraph" symbol, etc, showing in doc-how delete?

have normally "hidden" codes, such as "paragraph" symbols, "arrow head
pointers" and "indentation markers" showing up in MS wWord document
previously typed WITHOUT SUCH SYMBOLS SHOWING.

How do I get rid of them. They do not show when documetn is printed. But
code symbols make editing document a real headache. I know there is some
simple key to depress which will send them back into "hiding."  But which key
? And how to prevent reoccurences of same 'hidden codes' "popping up" in
document.
Thanks any help.

brackney_law2@yahoo.com

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Charles brackney_law2@yahoo.com" <Charles
brackney_law2@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> have normally "hidden" codes, such as "paragraph" symbols, "arrow head
> pointers" and "indentation markers" showing up in MS wWord document
> previously typed WITHOUT SUCH SYMBOLS SHOWING.
>
> How do I get rid of them. They do not show when documetn is printed. But
> code symbols make editing document a real headache. I know there is some
> simple key to depress which will send them back into "hiding."  But which key
> ? And how to prevent reoccurences of same 'hidden codes' "popping up" in
> document.
> Thanks any help.
>
> brackney_law2@yahoo.com

0
Stefan
6/4/2010 7:24:25 PM
WORD 2007

Home tab / Paragraph group / in the top right hand corner there is a
paragraph marker / clicl on that paragraph marker to turn off non printing
characters in your display.

Thanks.