Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
View.  Suggestions?
0
Gary

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:55:28 -0600, "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah>
wrote:

>I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
>Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
>View.  Suggestions?

The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.

What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
the text width implied by the page width and margins:

Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced, in the "Show document
content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
window". Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
end of the status bar.

If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
corruption in the document. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
>> I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
>> Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
>> View.  Suggestions?
>
> The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
> in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.
> What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
> all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
> the text width implied by the page width and margins:
> Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced, in the "Show document
> content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
> window".

That seems to work perfectly!  I need it not to wrap very occasionally.
Just with there was a quick keyboard shortcut.  Oh well.  Guess I'll need
some knowledge in the creating of macros to do that. :)

> Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
> end of the status bar.

Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
just right click it, Remove!  No can do.

> If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
> you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
> corruption in the document. See
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

No corruption.  Actually I'm surprised how smoothly MS Word 2007 is
running.  I would recommend it highly to others - especially newbies as a
lot of things are a little different from 2003 so you're not relearning a
lot of stuff.  It does seem to be laid out more intuitively.  I bet
newcomers will catch on to this much faster than Word 2003.
0
Gary
1/19/2010 2:11:33 AM
>That seems to work perfectly!  I need it not to wrap very occasionally.

Excellent!

>Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
>I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
>just right click it, Remove!  No can do.

The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
"Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
Word isn't happy about.)

If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
Reading view.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:11:52 -0600, "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah>
wrote:

>>> I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
>>> Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
>>> View.  Suggestions?
>>
>> The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
>> in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.
>> What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
>> all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
>> the text width implied by the page width and margins:
>> Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced, in the "Show document
>> content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
>> window".
>
>That seems to work perfectly!  I need it not to wrap very occasionally.
>Just with there was a quick keyboard shortcut.  Oh well.  Guess I'll need
>some knowledge in the creating of macros to do that. :)
>
>> Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
>> end of the status bar.
>
>Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
>I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
>just right click it, Remove!  No can do.
>
>> If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
>> you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
>> corruption in the document. See
>> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.
>
>No corruption.  Actually I'm surprised how smoothly MS Word 2007 is
>running.  I would recommend it highly to others - especially newbies as a
>lot of things are a little different from 2003 so you're not relearning a
>lot of stuff.  It does seem to be laid out more intuitively.  I bet
>newcomers will catch on to this much faster than Word 2003.
0
Jay
1/19/2010 2:49:07 AM
>> Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>> There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message
>> Bar. I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I
>> can't
>> just right click it, Remove!  No can do.
>
> The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
> "Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
> contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
> Word isn't happy about.)
> If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
> popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
> The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
> Reading view.

Well maybe that's something we can look forward to in Word 2010.  Thanks
for the info.
0
Gary
1/19/2010 6:43:56 AM
You'll be disappointed then.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message
>>> Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>>> There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message
>>> Bar. I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I
>>> can't
>>> just right click it, Remove!  No can do.
>>
>> The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
>> "Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
>> contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
>> Word isn't happy about.)
>> If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
>> popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
>> The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
>> Reading view.
>
> Well maybe that's something we can look forward to in Word 2010.  Thanks
> for the info.

0
Terry

Printing WORD docs from a form

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Where are my saved word?

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available
Folks: The latest DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=775e1a23-825f-450a-9d71-6b8c951ea748. The KB page is available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979970 -- Thanks Praveen T [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

MS Pub 2007
I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HTML fragments. I am attempting to insert the javascript from aWeber where a person can subscribe to my newsletter off my website (created with Pub). How can I set up a "submit" button in my publication with the script? Thanks for your help. Gary Inserted HTML code fragments will not work in an email message from Publisher. Sorry. DavidF "geedc" <geedc1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff5f787-ccfe-423e-b392-66227f87c16d@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HT...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Outlook 2007 problems 03-08-10
Hello guys, When I run Outlook, the first thing I see is Outlook Today, which is good. But I cannot see my calendar entries on it. I have my work schedule, birthdays, public holidays all in separate calendars in outlook, but none of them show up on outlook today at all, I've search the net but cannot seem to find the answer help please... Are they all in subfolders of the default calendar or do you have anything IN the default calendar folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/out...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

Can I modify the default shortcut menu in access 2007?
I have an access 2007 application. I have managed to create a shortcut menu "ExportToExcel" that calls a vba function and does the export as explained here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102825091033.aspx But my new menu with one single item replaces the default shortcut menu with text filtering etc. . What I want is this new item ExportToExcel to be added to the existing default shortcut menu. Is it possible, and how? Regards from Tore On Nov 27, 9:28=A0pm, Tore <t...@nospam.nospam> wrote: > I have an access 2007 application. I have managed to...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...