Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
View.  Suggestions?
0
Gary

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:55:28 -0600, "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah>
wrote:

>I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
>Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
>View.  Suggestions?

The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.

What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
the text width implied by the page width and margins:

Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced, in the "Show document
content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
window". Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
end of the status bar.

If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
corruption in the document. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
>> I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
>> Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
>> View.  Suggestions?
>
> The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
> in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.
> What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
> all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
> the text width implied by the page width and margins:
> Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced, in the "Show document
> content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
> window".

That seems to work perfectly!  I need it not to wrap very occasionally.
Just with there was a quick keyboard shortcut.  Oh well.  Guess I'll need
some knowledge in the creating of macros to do that. :)

> Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
> end of the status bar.

Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
just right click it, Remove!  No can do.

> If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
> you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
> corruption in the document. See
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

No corruption.  Actually I'm surprised how smoothly MS Word 2007 is
running.  I would recommend it highly to others - especially newbies as a
lot of things are a little different from 2003 so you're not relearning a
lot of stuff.  It does seem to be laid out more intuitively.  I bet
newcomers will catch on to this much faster than Word 2003.
0
Gary
1/19/2010 2:11:33 AM
>That seems to work perfectly!  I need it not to wrap very occasionally.

Excellent!

>Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
>I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
>just right click it, Remove!  No can do.

The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
"Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
Word isn't happy about.)

If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
Reading view.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:11:52 -0600, "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah>
wrote:

>>> I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
>>> Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
>>> View.  Suggestions?
>>
>> The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
>> in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.
>> What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
>> all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
>> the text width implied by the page width and margins:
>> Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced, in the "Show document
>> content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
>> window".
>
>That seems to work perfectly!  I need it not to wrap very occasionally.
>Just with there was a quick keyboard shortcut.  Oh well.  Guess I'll need
>some knowledge in the creating of macros to do that. :)
>
>> Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
>> end of the status bar.
>
>Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
>I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
>just right click it, Remove!  No can do.
>
>> If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
>> you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
>> corruption in the document. See
>> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.
>
>No corruption.  Actually I'm surprised how smoothly MS Word 2007 is
>running.  I would recommend it highly to others - especially newbies as a
>lot of things are a little different from 2003 so you're not relearning a
>lot of stuff.  It does seem to be laid out more intuitively.  I bet
>newcomers will catch on to this much faster than Word 2003.
0
Jay
1/19/2010 2:49:07 AM
>> Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>> There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message
>> Bar. I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I
>> can't
>> just right click it, Remove!  No can do.
>
> The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
> "Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
> contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
> Word isn't happy about.)
> If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
> popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
> The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
> Reading view.

Well maybe that's something we can look forward to in Word 2010.  Thanks
for the info.
0
Gary
1/19/2010 6:43:56 AM
You'll be disappointed then.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message
>>> Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
>>> There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message
>>> Bar. I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I
>>> can't
>>> just right click it, Remove!  No can do.
>>
>> The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
>> "Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
>> contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
>> Word isn't happy about.)
>> If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
>> popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
>> The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
>> Reading view.
>
> Well maybe that's something we can look forward to in Word 2010.  Thanks
> for the info.

0
Terry

Access 2007 and PDF bookmarks
I need to produce a PDF report from Microsoft Access 2007 where my groups turn up as PDF bookmarks in the final PDF-file. In Word the hiearchy will automatically produce bookmarks, but I can't find a simular function in Access where a control automatically is used as basis for bookmarks. Can anyone help? ...

Outlook 2007 vs Groupwise feature comparison
Our office is migrating from Groupwise to Outlook 2007. We have been looking for a document that compares features in the two programs. I've found something for Outlook 2003 and a comparison that heavily favors Groupwise. Is there a rather unbiased comparison chart out there? Doing a google search on the term "compare groupwise outlook" returned all kinds of results. One of which is specifically for Outlook 2007 SP1 vs Groupwise 7 SP1: http://www.salisbury.edu/helpdesk/migration/resources/Outlook%20vs%20Groupwise%20Comparision.pdf Karl -- _________________...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...

Is office live small business and Outlook 2007 the answer?
Does Office Live Small Business provide a way to sync my outlook files on multiple computers and online? I have Office Pro 2007 on all computers and domain registration, email, etc. with Yahoo. Right now, keeping my email, calendar, etc. organized between multiple computers and yahoo mail is a nightmare. I have a NAS server in my office but that has not provided a solution for us. Self-hosted applications are out of my price range and I don't have the technical expertise to support them. There has to be a better way to manage everything. Any advice or suggestions would be ...

Recently used files in Mac Office Word
Is there any way to display the full pathname for recently used files under the "File" menu in Mac Office Word? In other words, I have 3 recently used files all called "blah.doc", but would like to pick them based on their full pathname. Thanks! On 10/3/04 10:30 AM, in article BD85AF93.3ADB%gho@mit.edu, "Grant Ho" <gho@mit.edu> wrote: > Is there any way to display the full pathname for recently used files under > the "File" menu in Mac Office Word? > > In other words, I have 3 recently used files all called "blah.doc", ...

Word 2003 password removal for a document
We have few documents that are password protected and the employee that put in the password is no longer with us. how can we delete the password protection and thus get spell check working as well as edit the template for new changes? -- Tom Dalton Senior Biomedical Engineer On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:31:01 -0800, Tom Dalton <tadalton54@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >We have few documents that are password protected and the employee that put >in the password is no longer with us. how can we delete the password >protection and thus get spell check working as w...

Office 2007 set up controller error
have done install and reinstall several times and wiped much of registry as well. each time i try to install or open an office component i get a error without a code Get a successsion of 2 or 3 pop ups of, contoller error, then to point to proplusww.msi, then it does not work and office component will work. I have done install from a disk, reverted to new trial install from windows site, and just outlook component from business exchange service i use and this new box will not get past the error I am loading onto windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition. Any help appreciated a...

Speed Issues Exporting Frx 6.7 Reports to Excel 2007
Our customer is experiencing speed issues exporting Frx 6.7 Reports to Excel 2007. It takes approximately 10 miniutes to export a report that previously took 2 minutes. Is anyone aware of this issue? Any suggestionas? Regards Konrad Make sure the client is using the most current version of FRx 6.7 for GP 10. You can download it now from partnersource. Turn off any unnecessary services on that workstation. See if this helps with the situation Hank www.precipiogroup.com "Konrad" wrote: > Our customer is experiencing speed issues exporting Frx 6.7 Reports to Excel &...

Find and replace of word causes change of font formatting
Hi, I am having a problem with find and replace. In a cell with mixed format - italics and regular text - when I do a find and replace of a "word" in the text - it automatically changes all the formatting to italics. I have quadrupled checked the "formatiing options" . That's not the reason. It seems like a "default" to the system for it to go to "italics" if that is one of the formats in the cell. I have looked this up in all available avenues "Help", Micorsoft excel online, Microsoft Office, Goodgle. You name it. I can'...

Administrative Time in PS 2007
I need to create a report displaying status of the Administrative Time for the managers to keep track of admin time already approved or pending. Administrative Time approved separately from the Timesheet where Timesheet is in the future and waiting for approval. What field in the database gets updated when manager approves Admin time request? Best to re-post this in the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server: microsoft.public.project.server. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 04/03/10 14:59, laguna wrote: > I need to create a report displaying status of the Administra...

Upgrading to MS 2007
I would like to bring my existing back up file into this new version. However, I would like to use the new features and am wondering how 2007 will handle my account history for the last 5 or 6 years. I only use this for personal finances. I would like to create a budget, track my investments, etc. I have always manually entered all my transactions. Does it work pretty well to download them from my financial institution? Help! Do I start fresh??? Forget the backup file, when you have installed M2007 it will find your .mny file. Everything you can see with your current version will be ...

Paste link 2003 excel charts into word 2007
When we try to copy & paste link charts made in excel 2003 into Word 2007 the whole left side is cutoff. This is when using the paste special paste link option & selecting Microsoft Office Excel object. When just accepting the paste default it does not cutoff but is distorted. When using the paste special paste then selecting Microsoft Office Excel object it does not cut it off but doesn't appear to be linked. I thought the default paste is paste/link now? Why doesn't these options work the same? Converting the 2003 excel spreadsheet did not help. Ultimately, I’d just l...

Excel 2007 chart line width + axis labelling with VBA
Folks, I'm creating a line-style chart with VBA in Excel 2007 and an attempting to control just two things: 1) The line weight (2 points) and 2) The text direction of the X-axis labels (they're inclined, I want them vertical). Now I can indeed achieve both these settings through the UI (Format Data Series/Line Style/Width and Format Axis/Alignment/Text direction/ Rotate through 270 degrees respectively) and naturally I thought that the macro recorder would help but alas, all I got was .... ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 19").Activate ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)....

Outlook 2007 Icon Issues
Today something strange happened to my outlook icons, meaning the icons in the menu bars in outlook. The icons are all washed out like they are in 16 color or something. I can't figure out for the life of me how it happened or how to fix it. I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit and Office 2007 Pro I routinely use outlook through a Terminal Services RDP connection. But this is the first time this has happened so it's hard to tie it to that. At first I thought my RDP client was just messing up. But now that I am local on the machine, and after a reboot, the behavior persists. Anyone ever...

How to Link a cell in an Excel spread sheet to a text value in Visio 2007
I would like to have a text value in Visio take the value of a cell in an Excell spread sheet. Is there a way to do this, at least on opening the Visio Document? Thanks in advance, Marco UCO Lick Observatory Laboratory for Adaptive Optics visio 2007 professional http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA100518191033.aspx al "Marco" <null@null.net> wrote in message news:uCcafQkuKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I would like to have a text value in Visio take the value of a cell in an > Excell spread sheet. Is there a way to do this, at leas...

greeting card template appears as word doc
I have been unable to create a greeting card using the templates in Works Suite 2006. When I click on any greeting card template, a word document appears with the chosen motif on the lower right side of the page. How do I get to a true half fold greeting card template? This is a Publisher group. That said, Works creates the template in Word. If you were to print the page as seen on the screen, you would have a side folded card. The card will be folded in fourths and the "motif" would be the front of the card. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...

Word Auto Number Question
I'm making tickets using a perforated business card sheet, and am wondering if there is a way to automatically number the individual tickets, i.e., not pages. Thanks! Kathryn Douglas There's a newsgroup called microsoft.public.word.numbering that you should check out for this. Also try microsoft.public.word.newusers. "Kathryn Douglas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ca401c397e4$db5ba5a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm making tickets using a perforated business card sheet, > and am wondering if there is a way to automatically number...

Downloading CC info in 2007 requires Windows Live/Passport login?
Unless I'm missing something, is Money 2007 telling me I have to push some of my data to the silly MSN Money service just to download statements from my credit card companies? Please tell me I'm wrong. Thanks! Jeff (Sorry if this is a repeat question; did a quick check of the 2007 messages and didn't see anything.) Money 07 handles sync the same as Money 06. It's fully explained in the user documentation/online help if you didn't use previous versions of Money. "Jeff Key [Jeff Key]" <jeff.key@sliver.com> wrote: >Unless I'm missing something...

Office 2007 01-17-10
I have two accounts set up in Office 2007. I would like to use a different signature for each one. I have created two different signatures but I can't assign a signature to an account. Just the the default signature which ever that is. How can I get a different signature when I email from different accounts (Without going back and changing the default signature)? "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E168E1FD-3818-461E-9E6B-923792D25AA8@microsoft.com... > I have two accounts set up in Office 2007. I would like to use a different ...

How to install Office H&S 2007 on 4th new computer?
We purchased Office Home and Student 2007 which allows for use on three computers and we installed it on my computer, my wife's and my son's. Now my son has had to purchase a new computer and the old one is broken and no longer in use. How can we change the installation so that my son can once again have the Office software? Insert Office cd, install, if online phone activation fails use phone activation. The licence is for 3 working PC's "Omega14" <Omega14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE47B200-2CC7-491A-958B-01280CCF08CE@micro...

Office 2007 "setup cannot find setup.exe"
I chased my tail on this for a very long time. I found the following successful solution to install it on a Win 7 64 bit system: 1. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the Setup.exe file in the root directory of the Office Professional 2007 disk: 2. Right click on it,: 3. Select Win XP compatibility: 4. Double click it to launch it. It then installed normally. This fix should be in the Microsoft Knowledgebase. It would have saved me a lot of time. ...

How to define workflow for Status Report in Project Server 2007
Hi to all, Can we define workflow for any status report, so we can customize the viewers and their orders for our needs? Thanks. You mean like an approval workflow? What exactly are you looking for? Status reports are pretty limited in functionality. So limited that not many people actually use them. You can't really develop any workflow with them. "Melih Öztürk" wrote: > Hi to all, > > Can we define workflow for any status report, so we can customize the > viewers and their orders for our needs? > > Thanks. Yes. I w...

Excel 2007
Good morning, I have developed a spreadsheet at work and I have now been asked to share with the other departments. I would like to somehow protect from people copying my work and saying that it was their development by putting my name in place that noone would be able to delete. How can I do it? Best Regards, Vanessa Hi what you can achieve is very limited but if you are only trying to stop someone at work stealing your development there are some simple techniques that make it more difficult. 1. Make sure ALL the cells containing your formulas have the '...

Excel 2007, where are ribbon settings kept?
My IT dept have removed my documents and settings folder as it was causing problems and all of my old settings have been lost including my macros on the ribbon and my pinned files in the main menu. Can I copy these from a file into my new settings as I still have access to the old folder? Thanks Some settings are kept in Excel.qat stored here............ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 25 May 2010 03:50:01 -0700, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My IT dept h...

EXcel 2003
I've trying to implement the advice in John Walkenbachs book regarding formatting cells in a column in my spreadsheet if they contain the word "PLANS" Cannot get it to work Can anyone please help? hi, by exemple, select column A and doing the conditional formatting with this formula =SEARCH("PLANS",$A1)>0 -- isabelle Le 2011-07-20 11:13, kop202 a �crit : > I've trying to implement the advice in John Walkenbachs book > regarding formatting cells in a column in my spreadsheet if they > contain the word "PLANS" > Cannot get it to wor...