word keeps changing old date to current date on old documents

I have word documents from weeks ago and when I go back into them the date
automatically changes and I no longer know the original date that they were
typed.
Any help?

Press Alt+F9 to display the field code. Edit DATE to read CREATEDATE. Press
Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 to update. Better yet, change the field
in the template on which the documents are based.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"BrittRox" <BrittRox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have word documents from weeks ago and when I go back into them the date
> automatically changes and I no longer know the original date that they
> were
> typed.
> Any help?

0
Suzanne
1/24/2010 3:26:52 AM
This is probably because the older documents were created using the "Date"
field versus the "CreateDate" field.

If you look in the Insert / Quick Parts / Field area, you'll see the
description for both fields. "Date" will always fill in the current date
when you open the file and "CreateDate" will retain the date the document
was created.

Lynette

"BrittRox" <BrittRox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have word documents from weeks ago and when I go back into them the date
> automatically changes and I no longer know the original date that they
> were
> typed.
> Any help?

0
Lynette

Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document
I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my pages within the booklet. If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square. Help! Try inserting it as an Object. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D1BC77-CE3F-4D3D-BC93-C168FE9DA2AA@microsoft.com... |I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in | Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my ...

Changing the Normal template
I have Office 2007 on my new Windows 7 OS. When going through Help to learn how to modify the Normal template, the instructions only tell you what to do for Vista and XP OS. How do you modify and save a new Normal.dot template? -- Judy18 First, since you're using Word 2007, it will be Normal.dotm, not Normal.dot. Second, the instructions for Vista should also work for Windows 7. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Judy18" <Judy18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Retrieve posted date for inventory transactions
Hi, I have posted some transactions that are not linked to General Ledgfer i.e. it is 2separate processes. I need to retreive these transactions and the date they are posted (with audit trails). As we are talking aboput many transactions, i would not like to use the reports transaction journal to check individually. Is there a way I can find where in the GP system date posted are stored for inventory transactions? Thanks. Look at the IV30200 table (Inventory Transaction History). There is a field called GLPOSTDT that might give you what you need. -- GP 9.0, SP2 "Richard"...

Printing WORD docs from a form

startup just changed
Hi. My copy of Money 99 just started doing something unusual after several years of using it. When it starts, it looks for a disk in drive E (my CD drive). I have to Cancel past this screen. Just an annoyance, but any idea how I can make this stop? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No change. Any tip here would be appreciated.. Thanks. Bruce More.... I should have mentioned that I just upgraded to XP Home about a month ago. Just started this today, however.. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bruce Bowe wrote: >Hi. >My copy of Money 99 just started doing some...

Bank Reconciliation in GP for o/s checks and deposits from old sys
Hi - How do we reconcile checks and deposits made from old system? Those checks and deposits will be reflected in the bank statement but since they were conducted before you began using GP, there will be no record of those transactions in the system (except in the amount entered in the "last reconcilied amount" from the checkbook ID maintenance screen which is a total amount). When doing the bank rec - for the first time, how do we go and select those checks and deposits? Thanks - ...

If change password of AD Account through which we can login to epm
I have installed epm 2007 in two server in company. and all is going fine . i am using a same AD account in both server . If i will change the password of that account . it will create or raise errors in EPM Servers ? (either in front end or back end server) Hi Sam, The answer is that it probably will. In the Microsoft guidelines they recommend to use an account that doesn't have the password change. However, if you have to use a userid that the password changes then you needto be very careful to make sure that everywhere you used the account in the setup is changed...

APP for dynamic format change TEST
I want to add dynamic format change function to our UVC camera. I got some code in amcap sample program. I called IAMStreamConfig::SetFormat. But it returned VFW_E_WRONG_STATE. Would you know any sample programs in windows SDK, etc for test of dynamic format change ? Thank you for your help, Regards shinji ...

How do I change default font size for inserting text in ppt 07
Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I want to reset the default to somethng like 24pt. How do I do this? PPT2007 Hi Set a text box the way you want it then right click -> set as default text box. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "PAH555" <PAH555@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:501FF5A2-344F-4298-BF8D-1FD903341235@microsoft.com... > Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I > want > to reset the defa...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Where are my saved word?

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

dates change when I copy and paste
I have a report that has columns for Day of week and a column for th date(10/15/04) but when I copy and paste to another excel worksheet th date changes from ex: 10/15/04 to 10/13/08. Any ideas why this woul happen. It's a pretty lengthy report and I hate to always have t change each date. Help. : -- Nesi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nesia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1534 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26965 Hi both workbooks have different date setting (...

setup formula to calculate random dates
Hi all, I am trying to setup a formula to calculate employees terminated each months. I hate doing this and it sucks. I have a employee spreadsheets and it contains all the users (hire date, termination date). the data is enter in different columns. At the end of the month, I need to know how many employees are teminated. I have another column by months (Jan, Feb, .... December) I need to calculate how many people were layed off each month. Thanks for all your help. Try Sorting by the Month Column and then using Data | Subtotals to Count the Entries in the Terminated Column every time the...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Exchange circular logging keeps switching itself on
Hi sbs 2003 standard with exchange 2003. I keep turning off circular logging in exchange but it keeps turning itself on. What is the problem and how can I keep the circular logging off permanently? Thanks Regards On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 00:13:17 -0000, "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >sbs 2003 standard with exchange 2003. I keep turning off circular logging in >exchange but it keeps turning itself on. What is the problem and how can I >keep the circular logging off permanently? Since this is SBS, I'd guess there's some sort of...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

I D like to recover my old e mail addresses from net zero
How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the upgrade from outlool express to Windows Mail Hi, Nestor. What does NetZero support say when you ask them? This has NOTHING to do with the upgrade from OE to WM. RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Nestor Lozada" wrote in message news:eMD6rSCULHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the u...