Word 3003 Typing URL is not active

In word 2003.  Something happened and changed the text I type of any email
address or URL.
The text appears in simple black text and  is not active.  HOW DO I RESET
THIS?

Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01CB02A5.1DBAEC80

If you add a URL to an email, it needs a Ctrl+Click to make it work for =
you, but when you have sent it, it should work with a single click by =
the recipient.

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  "Baha" <Baha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  In word 2003.  Something happened and changed the text I type of any =
email=20
  address or URL.=20
  The text appears in simple black text and  is not active.  HOW DO I =
RESET=20
  THIS?

  Thanks
------=_NextPart_000_0057_01CB02A5.1DBAEC80

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">If you add a URL to an =
email, it needs=20
a Ctrl+Click to make it work for you, but when you have sent it, it =
should work=20
with a single click by the recipient.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Baha" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Baha@discussions.microsoft.com">Baha@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:FD27D297-9102-41B2-AC04-BE9DF8DCED36@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:FD27D297-9102-41B2-AC04-BE9DF8DCED36@microsoft.com">news:FD2=
7D297-9102-41B2-AC04-BE9DF8DCED36@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>In=20
  word 2003.&nbsp; Something happened and changed the text I type of any =
email=20
  <BR>address or URL. <BR>The text appears in simple black text =
and&nbsp; is not=20
  active.&nbsp; HOW DO I RESET =
<BR>THIS?<BR><BR>Thanks</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01CB02A5.1DBAEC80--

0
Terry
6/2/2010 9:44:10 PM
Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type: check the box for
"Internet and network paths with hyperlinks." For existing email addresses
or URLs, either enable this option (and no other, perhaps) on the AutoFormat
tab and run AutoFormat, or, if there are just a few, select each one and
click the Insert Hyperlink button.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Baha" <Baha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In word 2003.  Something happened and changed the text I type of any email
> address or URL.
> The text appears in simple black text and  is not active.  HOW DO I RESET
> THIS?
>
> Thanks

0
Suzanne
6/3/2010 2:23:51 AM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
>Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type: check the box for
>"Internet and network paths with hyperlinks." For existing email addresses
>or URLs, either enable this option (and no other, perhaps) on the AutoFormat
>tab and run AutoFormat, or, if there are just a few, select each one and
>click the Insert Hyperlink button.
>
>> In word 2003.  Something happened and changed the text I type of any email
>> address or URL.
>> The text appears in simple black text and  is not active.  HOW DO I RESET
>> THIS?
>>
>> Thanks

You have to take help from ms-office help (F1).

--
kristain Hayes

kristain

Printing WORD docs from a form

Function that returns the active Window
Hello to all, Is there a function in dexterity that returns the name of the active Window? Thanks for your help. -- Best regards, Sergio Romero In short, No. It is possible to write triggers on the activate event of windows to set global variable to track the active dictionary, form, window. You could register the triggers for all windows on a form when the Security script is executed ad un-register them when the form closes. This would avoid having to register triggers against every form and window in every product on startup. What are you trying to achieve, maybe there is anothe...

ACTIVATE ACCESS from EXCEL?
Can I activate an Access session (database is already open) from an Excel macro? Here some code from MVP John Green that will activate a certain database in Access. Watch the version issue. This should get you started: http://tinyurl.com/66r5x HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can I activate an Access session (database is already >open) from an Excel macro? >. > ...

hiding cells with a certian type of formatting
How do I get excel to hide cells that has not been formatted in a row or colum that I applied a format condition to.? just for clarification...do you want the entire cell row or column to b hidden, or do you want the text color of the contents of just that cel to be changed to WHITE or whatever color would hide it given its fil color -- Excel_Gee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2642 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39828 ...

Appointment(Activity) database design
Hi, In the appontment activity when I say required, I get a lookup to select the Account,Contact,User,facility Equipment and Lead.The question is which table and column these fields are mapped to.( I could manage to get the relation for the regarding lookup.) I need to make a report on this field hence is very important. Thanks for the help in advance Regards SAM ...

Active Directory Backup Queries
I'm investigating the Active directory Backup functions and am somewhat confused. I have written a test program which I run on my machine (meteor). I have 2 queries: 1) If I call DsIsNTDSOnline(), passing in either of our live servers (dabs and galaxy) it succeeds and says that Active Directory is online. If I pass in our test server (dstest), it fails with RPC_S_INVALID_BINDING. MSDN for DsIsNTDSOnline() says that "The server must be the same computer that this function is called from". Surely it should return RPC_S_INVALID_BINDING for all 3 of the above cases since my machine...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

An error occurred while retrieving the list of users in Active Directory
hoe to fix this problem? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842493 "Vaidas" wrote: > hoe to fix this problem? > > > ...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

XmlTextReader URL Limitation???
I am feeding XmlTextReader a URL that returns the XML that then gets parsed. The URL forms a query that affects how much data is returned in XML but not the format of the data. The problem is that when the URL string exceeds about 163 characters (strange number) XmlTextReader seems to choke on it and it doesn't seem like any XML is actually being returned and the code throws an exception on reading the first element. Shorter URL strings seem to work fine. Strings longer than ~163 chars work fine when pasted into a browser, so the server is returning good XML. Sorry for the long post......

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

Rules
I've created an Outlook rule which automatically sends a reply to senders if they have included an attachment and the email is over 200KB. This works. However I only want to send this automatic reply if the attachments are not documents of type zip or pdf. I've tried "except with selected properties of documents". This does not include an option for document type. I've treid document subject, title, presentation format, etc, but these don't work. How can I only restrict this automatic reply to only emails with attachments which aren't zipped or pdf? ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...