Word 2003 Making Changes I Don't Want!

I am using Word 2003, and somewhere in the bowels of this program (!!)
there is an elf or goblin of some sort that keeps fixing things for me
when I don't want it to, and I cannot find where it lives so that I
can send it to the depths of Hades!

When I type a paragraph or something in ALL CAPS, occasionally when
the word THE comes up, the elf will change it to The (initial cap)! It
doesn't happen every time the word comes up, but it happens often
enough that it's now starting to make me crazy.  I can't even get a
handle on what it is that triggers it each time.

I have searched through all the Auto-Corrects, Auto-Texts, and
Auto-everything I can find, and I don't see any place where I can tell
it to stop doing this.  I have all of my Auto-things turned
off/unchecked because I don't ever want it to make those decisions for
me, but there must be one somewhere that I have missed?

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Many thanks. 

Bright Spark
0
Bright
11/11/2009 1:36:44 AM
word.newusers 801 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
734 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

Tools > AutoCorrect Options

Daddy

"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message 
news:t55kf5hu4h7sgono5otfufcsue6lvbsh00@4ax.com...
>I am using Word 2003, and somewhere in the bowels of this program (!!)
> there is an elf or goblin of some sort that keeps fixing things for me
> when I don't want it to, and I cannot find where it lives so that I
> can send it to the depths of Hades!
>
> When I type a paragraph or something in ALL CAPS, occasionally when
> the word THE comes up, the elf will change it to The (initial cap)! It
> doesn't happen every time the word comes up, but it happens often
> enough that it's now starting to make me crazy.  I can't even get a
> handle on what it is that triggers it each time.
>
> I have searched through all the Auto-Corrects, Auto-Texts, and
> Auto-everything I can find, and I don't see any place where I can tell
> it to stop doing this.  I have all of my Auto-things turned
> off/unchecked because I don't ever want it to make those decisions for
> me, but there must be one somewhere that I have missed?
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Bright Spark 


0
Daddy
11/11/2009 2:44:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Daddy, but I have tried all those
AutoCorrect Options a million times and I don't find it there in any
of them.

Bright Spark


On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:44:30 -0500, "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>
>Tools > AutoCorrect Options
>
>Daddy
>
>"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message 
>news:t55kf5hu4h7sgono5otfufcsue6lvbsh00@4ax.com...
>>I am using Word 2003, and somewhere in the bowels of this program (!!)
>> there is an elf or goblin of some sort that keeps fixing things for me
>> when I don't want it to, and I cannot find where it lives so that I
>> can send it to the depths of Hades!
>>
>> When I type a paragraph or something in ALL CAPS, occasionally when
>> the word THE comes up, the elf will change it to The (initial cap)! It
>> doesn't happen every time the word comes up, but it happens often
>> enough that it's now starting to make me crazy.  I can't even get a
>> handle on what it is that triggers it each time.
>>
>> I have searched through all the Auto-Corrects, Auto-Texts, and
>> Auto-everything I can find, and I don't see any place where I can tell
>> it to stop doing this.  I have all of my Auto-things turned
>> off/unchecked because I don't ever want it to make those decisions for
>> me, but there must be one somewhere that I have missed?
>>
>> Any help would be very much appreciated.
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Bright Spark 
>
0
Bright
11/11/2009 4:23:50 PM
Do you have any sort of "helper" utilities or Add-Ins that might interact
with Word?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 11/11/09 11:23 AM, in article 67plf5hn26mtmdalgvjqv7eid08fvc8s40@4ax.com,
"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, Daddy, but I have tried all those
> AutoCorrect Options a million times and I don't find it there in any
> of them.
> 
> Bright Spark
> 
> 
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:44:30 -0500, "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Tools > AutoCorrect Options
>> 
>> Daddy
>> 
>> "Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message
>> news:t55kf5hu4h7sgono5otfufcsue6lvbsh00@4ax.com...
>>> I am using Word 2003, and somewhere in the bowels of this program (!!)
>>> there is an elf or goblin of some sort that keeps fixing things for me
>>> when I don't want it to, and I cannot find where it lives so that I
>>> can send it to the depths of Hades!
>>> 
>>> When I type a paragraph or something in ALL CAPS, occasionally when
>>> the word THE comes up, the elf will change it to The (initial cap)! It
>>> doesn't happen every time the word comes up, but it happens often
>>> enough that it's now starting to make me crazy.  I can't even get a
>>> handle on what it is that triggers it each time.
>>> 
>>> I have searched through all the Auto-Corrects, Auto-Texts, and
>>> Auto-everything I can find, and I don't see any place where I can tell
>>> it to stop doing this.  I have all of my Auto-things turned
>>> off/unchecked because I don't ever want it to make those decisions for
>>> me, but there must be one somewhere that I have missed?
>>> 
>>> Any help would be very much appreciated.
>>> 
>>> Many thanks.
>>> 
>>> Bright Spark 
>> 

0
CyberTaz
11/11/2009 5:40:32 PM
No, I don't have any helpers or Add-Ins.  It's just such a mystery!
Thanks. 

Bright Spark


On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:40:32 -0500, CyberTaz
<onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

>Do you have any sort of "helper" utilities or Add-Ins that might interact
>with Word?
>
>Regards |:>)
>Bob Jones 
>[MVP] Office:Mac
>
>
>
>On 11/11/09 11:23 AM, in article 67plf5hn26mtmdalgvjqv7eid08fvc8s40@4ax.com,
>"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion, Daddy, but I have tried all those
>> AutoCorrect Options a million times and I don't find it there in any
>> of them.
>> 
>> Bright Spark
>> 
>> 
>> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:44:30 -0500, "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> 
>>> Tools > AutoCorrect Options
>>> 
>>> Daddy
>>> 
>>> "Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message
>>> news:t55kf5hu4h7sgono5otfufcsue6lvbsh00@4ax.com...
>>>> I am using Word 2003, and somewhere in the bowels of this program (!!)
>>>> there is an elf or goblin of some sort that keeps fixing things for me
>>>> when I don't want it to, and I cannot find where it lives so that I
>>>> can send it to the depths of Hades!
>>>> 
>>>> When I type a paragraph or something in ALL CAPS, occasionally when
>>>> the word THE comes up, the elf will change it to The (initial cap)! It
>>>> doesn't happen every time the word comes up, but it happens often
>>>> enough that it's now starting to make me crazy.  I can't even get a
>>>> handle on what it is that triggers it each time.
>>>> 
>>>> I have searched through all the Auto-Corrects, Auto-Texts, and
>>>> Auto-everything I can find, and I don't see any place where I can tell
>>>> it to stop doing this.  I have all of my Auto-things turned
>>>> off/unchecked because I don't ever want it to make those decisions for
>>>> me, but there must be one somewhere that I have missed?
>>>> 
>>>> Any help would be very much appreciated.
>>>> 
>>>> Many thanks.
>>>> 
>>>> Bright Spark 
>>> 
0
Bright
11/11/2009 6:56:01 PM
Are you sure that you don't have an AutoCorrect option listed for THE to The 
because it sure as hell sounds like AutoCorrect?

What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode and test it. From Start | Run 
(Winkey+R), type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test again now.

-- 
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message 
news:c42mf59v02sog4lmk364lotp7fd0mq7kg1@4ax.com...
> No, I don't have any helpers or Add-Ins.  It's just such a mystery!
> Thanks.
>
> Bright Spark
>
>
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:40:32 -0500, CyberTaz
> <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:
>
>>Do you have any sort of "helper" utilities or Add-Ins that might interact
>>with Word?
>>
>>Regards |:>)
>>Bob Jones
>>[MVP] Office:Mac
>>
>>
>>
>>On 11/11/09 11:23 AM, in article 
>>67plf5hn26mtmdalgvjqv7eid08fvc8s40@4ax.com,
>>"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the suggestion, Daddy, but I have tried all those
>>> AutoCorrect Options a million times and I don't find it there in any
>>> of them.
>>>
>>> Bright Spark
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:44:30 -0500, "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Tools > AutoCorrect Options
>>>>
>>>> Daddy
>>>>
>>>> "Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:t55kf5hu4h7sgono5otfufcsue6lvbsh00@4ax.com...
>>>>> I am using Word 2003, and somewhere in the bowels of this program (!!)
>>>>> there is an elf or goblin of some sort that keeps fixing things for me
>>>>> when I don't want it to, and I cannot find where it lives so that I
>>>>> can send it to the depths of Hades!
>>>>>
>>>>> When I type a paragraph or something in ALL CAPS, occasionally when
>>>>> the word THE comes up, the elf will change it to The (initial cap)! It
>>>>> doesn't happen every time the word comes up, but it happens often
>>>>> enough that it's now starting to make me crazy.  I can't even get a
>>>>> handle on what it is that triggers it each time.
>>>>>
>>>>> I have searched through all the Auto-Corrects, Auto-Texts, and
>>>>> Auto-everything I can find, and I don't see any place where I can tell
>>>>> it to stop doing this.  I have all of my Auto-things turned
>>>>> off/unchecked because I don't ever want it to make those decisions for
>>>>> me, but there must be one somewhere that I have missed?
>>>>>
>>>>> Any help would be very much appreciated.
>>>>>
>>>>> Many thanks.
>>>>>
>>>>> Bright Spark
>>>> 
0
Terry
11/11/2009 8:30:52 PM
Yes, I'm sure I don't have an AutoCorrect for it -- I have scrolled a
million times through all the listings in that feature and also
through the AutoText feature, and there are such things as changing
teh to the, etc., but nothing for the all caps THE.  It sounds like
AutoCorrect to me too, but I've looked everywhere to get rid of it and
I'm just plain flummoxed!

The problem is that it doesn't happen every time I type the word THE -
only once in a while with no rhyme nor reason - so I don't think the
Safe Mode test would help, I'm afraid. 

Thanks anyway, Terry.

Bright Spark


On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:30:52 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
<terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote:

>Are you sure that you don't have an AutoCorrect option listed for THE to The 
>because it sure as hell sounds like AutoCorrect?
>
>What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode and test it. From Start | Run 
>(Winkey+R), type in
>
>winword /a
>
>and press enter. Test again now.
0
Bright
11/12/2009 2:10:15 AM
How about this setting: Correct accidental usage of cAPS lOCK key.

Daddy

"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message =
news:cbrmf5ljb658lbsdijkpo2ijn4gghecbjr@4ax.com...
> Yes, I'm sure I don't have an AutoCorrect for it -- I have scrolled a
> million times through all the listings in that feature and also
> through the AutoText feature, and there are such things as changing
> teh to the, etc., but nothing for the all caps THE.  It sounds like
> AutoCorrect to me too, but I've looked everywhere to get rid of it and
> I'm just plain flummoxed!
>=20
> The problem is that it doesn't happen every time I type the word THE -
> only once in a while with no rhyme nor reason - so I don't think the
> Safe Mode test would help, I'm afraid.=20
>=20
> Thanks anyway, Terry.
>=20
> Bright Spark
>=20
>=20
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:30:52 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
> <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote:
>=20
>>Are you sure that you don't have an AutoCorrect option listed for THE =
to The=20
>>because it sure as hell sounds like AutoCorrect?
>>
>>What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode and test it. From Start | =
Run=20
>>(Winkey+R), type in
>>
>>winword /a
>>
>>and press enter. Test again now.
0
Daddy
11/12/2009 2:59:13 AM
Tried that, Daddy - all of those boxes are UN-checked.  Thanks anyway
- I guess I'll just have to live with it and keep my eyes on the
monitor when typing in all caps.

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

Bright Spark


On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:59:13 -0500, "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>How about this setting: Correct accidental usage of cAPS lOCK key.
>
>Daddy
>
>"Bright Spark" <brightspark-notnowhere@nomore.com> wrote in message news:cbrmf5ljb658lbsdijkpo2ijn4gghecbjr@4ax.com...
>> Yes, I'm sure I don't have an AutoCorrect for it -- I have scrolled a
>> million times through all the listings in that feature and also
>> through the AutoText feature, and there are such things as changing
>> teh to the, etc., but nothing for the all caps THE.  It sounds like
>> AutoCorrect to me too, but I've looked everywhere to get rid of it and
>> I'm just plain flummoxed!
>> 
>> The problem is that it doesn't happen every time I type the word THE -
>> only once in a while with no rhyme nor reason - so I don't think the
>> Safe Mode test would help, I'm afraid. 
>> 
>> Thanks anyway, Terry.
>> 
>> Bright Spark
>> 
>> 
>> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:30:52 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
>> <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote:
>> 
>>>Are you sure that you don't have an AutoCorrect option listed for THE to The 
>>>because it sure as hell sounds like AutoCorrect?
>>>
>>>What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode and test it. From Start | Run 
>>>(Winkey+R), type in
>>>
>>>winword /a
>>>
>>>and press enter. Test again now.
0
Bright
11/12/2009 4:10:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Printing WORD docs from a form
I have a button on a form and I want it to print a Word mail merge document that contains data from the database that is linked to my application. I'm using the following code but always get a 5922 error - Word can't open the source... All variable names contain valid data, so that's NOT the problem. With appWord .Visible = True .Documents.Open pathdocname With .ActiveDocument.MailMerge .MainDocumentType = wdFormLetters strConnection = "DSN=MS Access Databases;" _ & "DB...

problem with BOLD. ITALIC...using Word as editor
I compose a msg using Outlook. Word is the editor. I set a word in bold ot italic. I send msg to myselg, reading in Outlook. The bold or italic is gone. What to do? Thanks, Leo Are you sending the message as text only? If so all formatting will disappear. If you want to retain your formatting you'll need to send your messages as HTML. You can check this in your Outlook options. -- Martin Sketchley | www.msketchley.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk (remove EGGBEANSANDSPAM to reply by e-mail) ...

Exchange 2003/Deleting User Account/Email Accounts
Using Exchange 2003 (AD) on Windows 2000, yes 2000, I want to delete email accounts for terminated employees. What is the best way to do that? Our backups keep failing because I have disabled the accounts, but now I want to delete them entirely. Thanks for the help, as always, MG your backups should not be failing because you've disabled accounts...are you doing BLB backups? to delete the mailboxes, in the ESM, select the appropriate mailboxes, do a right-click, select Exchange Tasks, then select "delete mailbox"... "MG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Changing the Normal template
I have Office 2007 on my new Windows 7 OS. When going through Help to learn how to modify the Normal template, the instructions only tell you what to do for Vista and XP OS. How do you modify and save a new Normal.dot template? -- Judy18 First, since you're using Word 2007, it will be Normal.dotm, not Normal.dot. Second, the instructions for Vista should also work for Windows 7. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Judy18" <Judy18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Windows XP: Open file in read-only: Word, Excel, Visio
I'm often sharing files on a network drive with someone. Often, one of us knows that we don't need to open a file for modification, and we only need read-access. Is there a way to open a file in read-only mode so that when someone does need to open it for modification, the read-only user is not blocking that? If there is not a way to do this native to Windows XP, is there a way to do it from the three applications that we use most, namely Word, Excel, Visio? All are 2003 versions. Thx. I used to save files like this in "read only recommended" mode. File|SaveAs|Tools|Ge...

Outlook 2003, corrupt DRAFTS folder
Somehow Ive managed to corrupt the DRAFTS folder. When I attempt to open it, I get the following message: Unable to display the folder. When I try to view the properties I get this message: DRAFTS PROPERTIES - ADMINISTRATION Views assoicated with this folder could not be retrieved. I have tried to detect and repair, uninstall and reinstall, recreate my profile, even registry hacks to try to kill the folder. None of which have worked. Anyone have any ideas? Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /ResetFolders (note the space between ".exe" and "/ResetFolder...

Not enough memory error trying to open a Word X file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Error message: &quot;There is not enough memory or disk space available to complete the operation&quot; when trying to open a Word X file in Office 2008 in Leopard or Snow Leopard on iMac that works fine in Word X despite resaving a new version. Any tips? Not enough information to answer. Check that OS X and Office 2008 have the latest updates applied. Use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions. Check the access your user ID has to the system Temporary folder (don't worry about this if you ar...

APP for dynamic format change TEST
I want to add dynamic format change function to our UVC camera. I got some code in amcap sample program. I called IAMStreamConfig::SetFormat. But it returned VFW_E_WRONG_STATE. Would you know any sample programs in windows SDK, etc for test of dynamic format change ? Thank you for your help, Regards shinji ...

Cannot upgrade to Word 2007 from Word 2002 as word crashes when tr
We have a word add in that programatically inserts an auto text table then adds rows to it. This works ok in Word 2002 but occasionally crashes in Word 2007 - this is not a consistent crash when we carry out the same operation it happens in no specific sequence. The only place we are able to track it down to is the auto text table inserting rows. Word itself is crashing. We are using COM AddIn written in VB6. Does anyone know of any key differences/issues between Word 2002 and Word 2007 that could cause such an error. Or is there a better way to attach a debugger/word debugg...

Outlook 2003 SMTP?
After upgrading from 2002 to 2003 I cannot send email to anyone in my domain through Outlook 2003. I can do so without problem through Outlook Express. I have created a new mail profile, but this did not resolve the problem. I have removed the email account and recreated it twice, but this did not resolve the problem. Since Outlook Express works, I have removed the email account and imported the email account settings from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003, but this did not resolve the problem. The only thing that DID happen was that after importing the OE email account settings into Outl...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...
Hi there, When I use Word 2007 TOC, and I want to edit an existing TOC layout, etc. It wont remember my settings. I go to References Table of Contents Insert Table of Contents Then I make my chnages here, such as changing the levels of the various styles and how they show up Then I select OK, the TOC is created.. I then decide I don't like the changes I made, or I need to include another style So I go to References Table of Contents Insert Table of Contents The changes I made are no where to be seen. I have to start over from scratch. What am I doing wrong,...

Exchange 5.5 eseutil on Windows 2003
Am trying to mount a snapshot of a Exchange 5.5 mount onto a Windows 2003 Server to run the eseutil check. Will the Exchange 5.5 eseutil run on Windows 2003 even though Exchange 5.5 is not supported? ...

Encoded Word Documents
We have recently purchased a new pc with windows 7 and have installed the Microsoft Office software however when I got to open a PDF or word document from a webpage a file conversion pop up box comes up and asks for me to select the encoding that makes the document readable but none of them do. even the windows default doesn't work...... You cannot open a pdf in Word. You need Adobe Reader. What you're downloading from a web page probably isn't a Word document, either. On May 27, 4:25=A0pm, Newuser <Newu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have rece...

How do I make my ERDs more automatic?
Hello all, I am currently working on finding a way to automize VISIO. What I mean by this is that I want to find a way to create some sort of database that is connected to more than one Entity Relationship Diagram and, when I make a change on an object on the database, I want that change to be reflected in all ERDs that contain that particular object. These changes would be things such as font, color, relations to other objects, etc. Is there any way to do this? I only have basic computer skills so I need simple explanations. Thank you ------=_NextPart_0001_007299F6 Content-Type: te...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment
I need to be able to send a bulk e-mail (not from a template) with attachments of a number of different document types to a group of contacts (could be from a Saved View or Marketing List). Direct E-mail, Quick Campaigns and Mail Merge do not seem to be able to do this. Is there another way? Thanks. Nope. Take a look at this blog http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/msg/0a84808e99645006?dmode=source&hl=en Cheers, Venkatesh ---- On May 16, 11:57 pm, DStella <DSte...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to be able to send a bulk e-mail (not from a tem...

Reminder Popup when making a new appointment
I proxy to an account called cfiles (this account was created as an individual, not a group),when I create an appointment & set the system to remind me of this appointment 15 minutes before, the reminder box does not pop up. However, if I create an appointment from my personal calendar the reminder box does pop up. Any suggestions? Thank you i don't know what you mean by 'proxy to an account' but i think what you're doing is setting calendar reminders on a box that is not set up as the primary account for your outlook mail profile. the only calendar you'll ...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?
I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under View. Suggestions? On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:55:28 -0600, "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote: >I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where >Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under >View. Suggestions? The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken. Wha...

Where are my saved word?
I open the attachment directly, it is .doc and edit it in a loong time, what I ask is when I press save button and it show nothing so I think it succes. And I close it!! I can't find it now, could you help me ????? Thanks! It is gone. When editing an attachment, you /must/ save it to your HDD first, edit it and then reattach it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "smezsc" <smezsc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AF0D07A-D490-4819-A649-1C5FC079027F@microsoft.com... >I open the attachment dire...

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I can create "search folder" in Outlook 2003, where will be show only messages, that I not reply to message.(NOT UNREAD!, but UNREPLY) Thanks you for help. -- MAd #ICQ: 247356388 No way that I know of... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.on...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line
Hello: I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between paragraphs on my page. I have no idea how to get this thing to go away. Please, could you tell me what to do to get rid of it? Thanks, John Saxon See here http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "John" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message news:2B22C75C-4BBB-43E0-8C67-BE19C55B818C@microsoft.com... > Hello: > > I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between paragraphs on > my p...

Setting up hosted accounts in exchange 2003
We are trying to host another domain on our exchange server. We have added the domain into the recipient policy and have our ISP pointing all mail to our IP. Everything works fine for our main domain that we host. The problem is that we can send to externally but we cannot receive from the outside world. The error we receive when trying to send from an external address is <our address >: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=our address type=A: Host found but no data record of requested type The error on our server is MS Exchange Transport 7002 The error we rec...

Money 2003 Can
I have lost my MS Money 2003 CD Canadian Edition, but I have my Cert of Authenticity. I blew up my machine and am reinstalling everything on the same machine it was on before. Is there anyway I can download the Install files from somewhere to reinstall? I'm willing to call MS support and give my Cert information, but I'm not sure that is necessary. Can anyone give me a recommendation? One more additional question ---- Should I just upgrade? To what product? Obviously using the product I already own is preferred choice, but I would appreciate any feedback. Have a look here: http:/...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7
My niece is handicapped and her new computer has Office 2007 on it. She would like me to install word 2002 on her Inspiron 546. Is this possible? Yes, if it is licensed for another computer. If it is an OEM version, it cannot be installed on any but the system with which it was sold. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sharon F" <SharonF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216DC8A6-4282-46A1-876D-B4D76E793F33@microsoft.com... > My niece is handicapped and her new computer ...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...