wondering if it's possible to create some sort of form I can use to create an XML document

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to use Word to create a form I can
use to create XML documents.  Basically what I would want is something
where I can input certain information that will be used in a few
different places in a document and other information that will go in
one place.  For example (the places where I would want to type in
information are in brackets):

enter title: [TEXT INPUT]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <article><document>
<category>[PULL DOWN MENU]</category>
<Meta_Data>
		<Title>[INSERT DATA FROM "ENTER TITLE" FIELD] - Review</Title>
		<Keywords>[TEXT INPUT]</Keywords>
</Meta_Data>
<Heading>[INSERT DATA FROM "ENTER TITLE" FIELD] - Review</Heading>
		<Sub-heading>[TEXT INPUT - LIMITED TO 60 CHARACTERS]</Sub-heading>
		<Content>[TEXT INPUT - LIMITED TO 2000 CHARACTERS]</Content>
</Document> </Article>

Is this possible in Word 2002?  If so, could someone be kind enough to
tell me how I would do it or where I could find a very simple
explanation of how to do it?  Thanks.
0
cherold

Creating a catch all email box
We are 21 users and our emails are lastname@.... Our clients routinely spell our last names wrong. I'd like to route all undeliverable emails to a specific inbox. How do I accomplish this? Thank you in advance for any assistance Check this out: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html "Harry Lavallen" <lavallen@tallen-inc.com> wrote in message news:17f601c4ad56$0a57dea0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are 21 users and our emails are lastname@.... Our > clients routinely spell our last names wrong. I'd like to > route all undeliverabl...

Possible using a "Datagrid" ?
Is that possible to use a "datagrid" in excell ? i'd like to retrieve data onto a Datagrid and manipulate accordingly. -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit ...

What do you folks use to create icons?
Folks I'm curious as to what tools folks use to create icons. Mostly because I'd like to have a page on my website with a bit of info on icons and links to icon editors. I've been using Icon Edit (a Component of Icon Suite http://www.bouffler.freeserve.co.uk/) which is freeware. It's decent enough for someone of my very limited/non existent graphic skills. However it has one irritating feature which is that the transparent pixel feature isn't documented very well or at all. Also there is no way, that I know of, of telling it to make a specific background o...

Shared Sub-form referring to a field in the same sub-form
Hello. I have a subform called "frm_SubformCaseDetail". This sub-form is a sub-form on many Forms, about 20 in total for so many different reasons. I have a problem in the sub-form. One field references another field, example the Sub-Category combobox field narrows down its list based upon the Category combobox field. Since the query that runs the subform needs to be configured to look at the Category field it wants to point to a particular form with the entire path including [Form] [Sub-form] [field]. I don't want to create a seperate subform for each of the 20 F...

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

How-to
Hello there. Just installed CRM and is trying to figure out the best approaches. Right now i'm stuck with service pricing. We sell our normal products (software), but we also sell two additional services: Upgrade - 10% of total price pr. year Support - 10% of total price pr. year Whats the best approach to handle this price ? I tried to add a product with a price of 0,1, and then enter en amount of the total price but this insnt good enough because the price will not update, and i need to manually calculate the price.... Thanks in advance - René R. Nygaard There's no built...

how can i make a uniform timetable?
im making a timetable for school. everything needs to fit on one page but i do not know how to set up excel so that the fonts stay within the sized cells. It has been a long time since I was in school, but...... Why not just set upo the timetable, and then, when you are ready to print, go File|Print Preview|Setup and tick the option to fit to one page wide by one page tall. Excell will then shrink your timetable (and the font size) "student101" wrote: > im making a timetable for school. everything needs to fit on one page but i > do not know how to set up excel so tha...

Sorting with Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that contains a column of URL links. When I sort on a different column of information, the links to not sort with the rest of the data...the URL letters change, but the link itself does not. Exampl How can I get the links to sort with the rest of the data JT Are you sure you are selecting the whole range, INCLUDING the column with the links when you do your sort. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Can anyone give me the form template for the ingenic 6550?
Can anyone give me the form template for the ingenic 6550? Please!!!!!!! ...

Creating 1 chart with 2 sources
I would like to create a chart based on the following scenarios: 1. If cell A1=B1, then the chart source is AA10:BB14 OR 2. if cell A1 is not equal to B1, then the chart source would be AA20:BB30 Is there a way where this could be easily done? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Maureen. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] You can do this easily with named formulas. Using AA:AC as an example (rather than AA:BB, which is 28 columns!): Create the named formulas below with Insert...

Calculations slowing forms down
Good morning! We have recently switched our back end to SQL server and since then any of our search forms with calculations have slowed right down. I would like to remove any calcuations when the form opens and add a command button that does the calculations once the user has selected all of his criteria. Following is the function used for the search forms. Start of code: ************************************************************ Function FormFilterForm(strForm As String, strSubForm As String, strTag As String, strTbl As String, strSortOrder As String, tfClear As Boolea...

How do I create internal links in Microsoft Publisher
I am slightly confused here and if someone could help me, I would surely appreciate it. I created a webpage consisting of a navigating buttons at the top of the page; How do I make the buttons links to sections within the document (creating internal links)? Reference: Bookmarks aka Hyperlinking to a place on a page http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/09/81265.aspx In the future I would encourage you to post your web questions to microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "nobek" <nobek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46527DFD-5BCC-48D7-8...

Is this possible ?
Hi there. Is it possible to run a commandline tool of some sort so that on a Exchange Server 2003 (SBS 2003), that will move the database from its default path to something else. The best thing would be if it was done silent. The reason for this is i am useing the OPK tool, and if I specify a non default path during SBS setup, exchange will stop functioning after the windows welcome. I would prefere to have the database on the D drive insted of the system partition. Thomas Nielsen - Not sure what you mean by "silent" - if the Store/Database path needs to be moved, it wi...

.asd files created by Word 2007
I am starting to get these files on a regular basis and the only way to clean them ups is to LOG OFF then LOG ON again Is there an easier way to clean them up? Thanks Al ...

New record if not found on form
I have a text box that goes to a specific record on a form after update. I want the user to be able to add new records so that if the value entered in the text box isn't found on the form, it goes to a new record and sets the value of the "matching" field to whatever was entered in the text box. txtMos = Mos If the Mos (mm/dd) isn't in the table, I want them to be able to add it. Make sense? Thanks! Jim Have you tried a ComboBox and using the NotInList event? Jim wrote: >I have a text box that goes to a specific record on a form after update. I &...

Form Creation To Track Investments
Hi all, Firstly, can I say I have been through the forum looking for an answe and have came up with nothing but VBA solutions. For someone wit absolutely no VBA experience, this is daunting!! I'm attempting to create a workbook which will contain 9 worksheets o separate investment portfolios, from which I will use excel to analys the data. However, my problem lies in getting the data in there in th first place. Ideally I would like another worksheet to contain nothing but a for which would allow me to choose the portfolio, the investment, date o valuation and value. Data from this form w...

Is it possible to have two computers share mailboxes on a networked disk?
I have a home computer and a laptop; both with licensed copies of Outlook XP. What I would like to be able to do is have one location for my e-mail which I can acess from either my home machine or my laptop; which I take with me when I go to school. Currently I have my mail residing on my laptop inside of a share called mailbox that only I can see. I have three pop servers that I get e-mail along with one Hotmail account and one IMAP account. I would like to be able to read mail from my home machine when I am at home; with the laptop being nothing more than a disk server. When set...

Regarding Sorting Columns
I made a worksheet of a list of books for a classroom library. The first column I named "Title"; the second one- "Author"; the third one "Genre"; ....and so on. Now, once I finished, I clicked the first column (A- "Title"), and then clicked the A to Z function; this sorted all the Titles in alphabetical order, but not any of the other columns. Now, what I then did after undoing this is to highlight all the rows of the columns to the right of "Title", and then clicked the A to Z function, this then put all the Titles in alphabetical or...

using the standard input from an MFC application
I have an VS6.0 MFC dialog application. and I want to use the standard input and output. I want my application to support a protocol (UCI) that will comunicate with my application through the standard inout/output. How can I do it? I've tried: cout<< "Hello world" ; does nothing cin.getline( line, 100); does nothing cin >>line ; does nothing what an I doing wrong? Thanks Dudu I wonder if you can use ReadConsoleInput(...) to do that. AliR. "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F7135BB-E65D-4461-A08C-425003BCBE4...

Is it possible to transfer a license?
I purchesed MS office 2007 for my PC a few years ago, but now I have decided to switch to a MAC. I have only used 1 license used on my previous version of office. My question is; is it possible for me to acqire a license for office 2008 for mac without buying the whole suite? I am trying to avoid having to pay the extra $120.00 that I don't have. I am a student, and thus, not what you would call "financially well off." Thanks for your help. Peace and Blessings, Christoper On 4/23/09 2:56 PM, in article 59b72c47.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Spartincarter@officeformac.com&quo...

XML to XML
I want to convert an XML Document into another XML Document through XslTransform.Transform, but I do not want to save the the resulting XML document into a file or output stream. I want to save it into a XML Documnet object. Any help is appreciated. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Try using the overload of the Transform method that takes an XML writer and pass in an XmlNodeWriter as input. You can get the XmlNodeWriter implementation from http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleG...

Help! How to sort addresses by street then by #......
(NOTE: PLEASE E-MAIL REPLY DIRECT AS WELL AS TO THE GROUP, AS MY SERVER OFTEN GOES DOWN, ETC....THANX) I'm having difficulty sorting addresses for my delivery route..... From the example pasted below, you can see that Holland St is spread out throughout the column....I need to group/sort this column so that it would look like this (example 110 Holland St 111 Holland St 112 Holland St but instead it looks like this, (below), and as you can see, Holland St is spread out all over the column! Help?? thanx: 163 WASHINGTON ST 169 HOLLAND ST 169 HOLLAND ST 169 HO...

How can you set a cells data using a formula?
I would like to set a cells data using a formula... is this possible? For example is there a function to set cell A1 to have the value "Bob" =set(a1,"bob") =A1="Bob" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Moloth" <Moloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:677E8F28-06E8-462F-919F-52EE5A1EAC9C@microsoft.com... >I would like to set a cells data using a formula... is this possible? > > For example is there a function to set cell A1 to have the value "Bob" > > =set(a1,"bob") Note that a function can only r...

Visual Studio Tools Form Controls Crash
Hi It's not a critical issue, but i think it's worth knowing why it happens: In a VSTDG form when i drag any of the inherited controls in the bottom of the area (dexDefaultColorsProvide, dexLabelProvider, etc) visual studio crashes. VSTDG version is 10 with latest service pack. i tried visual studio 2005 & 2008 with same results. i also tried in different os ( vista, xp, 2003 server ) anyone knows something about it? salvattore, Yes that is a good question. Another good question is, why are you trying to do this? Why not just have your form inherit from DexUIForm and th...

Any Help Would Be Wonderful!
Ok, here goes... I have a sheet that I am creating here at work that is going to trac the hours worked and time off that our drivers have. So far it' working out just fine except this: When a driver has worked 70 consecutive hours they need time off unles during that time they have 34 consecutive hours off. If they do acheiv the 34 hour mark for time off then the cycle goes back and starts at 7 hours available to work. If not, then you keep subtracting the hour worked from 70 until it's 0 and they have 34 hours off. I hope thi makes sense. My question is about the If/And statement. I n...