will this usenet group disappear too?

How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear?

Will this one, too?
0
Robert

On Usenet, the groups may live on, but Microsoft's server msnews.microsoft.com
will be shut down on June 1st.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
> How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear?
>
> Will this one, too?

0
Stefan
5/21/2010 5:26:51 PM
Robert, my understanding is that it is being replaced by:-

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword

Hope the above helps.

On May 21, 11:18=A0am, trip_to_tokyo <i...@pierrefondes.com> wrote:
> Robert, my understanding is that it is being replaced by:-
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword
>
> Hope the above helps.
>

> "Robert Macy" wrote:
> > How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear?
>
> > Will this one, too?
> > .

Thank you.  Is there a URL to go to to find ALL abandoned
microsoft.public.xxxx sites?.

Frustratingly, upon clicking to go to that URL, my screen went from
this very efficient display containing 90% useful information to a
blank screen requiring a download of 1 minute (dial up link) to
produce a screen that has around 10% information.  The rest of the
screen contains useless boxes, blank frames, prettiness with no
information, etc etc, and irrelevant words.  Amazing, simply amazing.
Again, and in true tradition, someone was allowed to "improve" the
systems backwards!

0
Robert
5/21/2010 9:22:28 PM
Thank you.  Is there a URL to go to to find ALL abandoned
microsoft.public.xxxx sites?.

The are ALL going away. Every last one of them.

0
Tom
5/21/2010 9:53:16 PM
Almost certainly the newsgroups will live on. What is changing is the link
to Microsoft's help forums, which (like many other similar web forums) have
been interfaced with the MS News server so what appears in one medium should
also appear in another. In future that link will be broken and the help
forums will change. NNTP access will then only be available to the new
Microsoft Answers forum via the NNTP Bridge. A new bridge for that purpose
was supposed to be available yesterday, but so far I see no sign of it at
http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Because of the way newsgroups are peered in Usenet, they will have a life of
their own even if/when Microsoft turns off their server. You will of course
need to find another text newsgroup server if you wish to continue using
them. There are plenty out there to choose from. Your ISP may provide a news
feed and that would be the first place to look. After that you need to look
for free text based news servers. They should also continue to be available
via Google Groups.

Inevitably as Microsoft steers its users elsewhere for their help, traffic
levels on the newsgroups will fall, and moderation may go out of the window
as Microsoft will not be spam filtering :(

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
> How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear?
>
> Will this one, too?

0
Graham
5/22/2010 5:38:08 AM
OK the link to the new bridge is now working - which is more than can be
said for the bridge. Let's hope it is sorted out over the weekend :(

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Almost certainly the newsgroups will live on. What is changing is the link
> to Microsoft's help forums, which (like many other similar web forums)
> have been interfaced with the MS News server so what appears in one medium
> should also appear in another. In future that link will be broken and the
> help forums will change. NNTP access will then only be available to the
> new Microsoft Answers forum via the NNTP Bridge. A new bridge for that
> purpose was supposed to be available yesterday, but so far I see no sign
> of it at http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/
>
> Because of the way newsgroups are peered in Usenet, they will have a life
> of their own even if/when Microsoft turns off their server. You will of
> course need to find another text newsgroup server if you wish to continue
> using them. There are plenty out there to choose from. Your ISP may
> provide a news feed and that would be the first place to look. After that
> you need to look for free text based news servers. They should also
> continue to be available via Google Groups.
>
> Inevitably as Microsoft steers its users elsewhere for their help, traffic
> levels on the newsgroups will fall, and moderation may go out of the
> window as Microsoft will not be spam filtering :(
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
>> How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear?
>>
>> Will this one, too?

0
Graham
5/22/2010 6:56:41 AM
The problems with the 'new bridge' will be exactly the same as with the old
one. The only changes are that the port is now configurable and that it
connects to the same service on a different server. Basically they split the
load and that's it. I guess the upside is that there are now less other
forums/threads where your post might end up if it goes wrong again.

For the people who can't run the original NNTP bridge because they have
already running something on port 119, this implementation could be a
workaround. All they would have to do is copy the files from the new bridge
to another directory, and edit NntpBridge.exe.config. If they change the
ForumsWebServiceUrl to the old one, and set the NntpServerPort to something
they like, they are good to go.

Yves

> OK the link to the new bridge is now working - which is more than can be
> said for the bridge. Let's hope it is sorted out over the weekend :(
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Almost certainly the newsgroups will live on. What is changing is the
>> link to Microsoft's help forums, which (like many other similar web
>> forums) have been interfaced with the MS News server so what appears in
>> one medium should also appear in another. In future that link will be
>> broken and the help forums will change. NNTP access will then only be
>> available to the new Microsoft Answers forum via the NNTP Bridge. A new
>> bridge for that purpose was supposed to be available yesterday, but so
>> far I see no sign of it at http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/
>>
>> Because of the way newsgroups are peered in Usenet, they will have a life
>> of their own even if/when Microsoft turns off their server. You will of
>> course need to find another text newsgroup server if you wish to continue
>> using them. There are plenty out there to choose from. Your ISP may
>> provide a news feed and that would be the first place to look. After that
>> you need to look for free text based news servers. They should also
>> continue to be available via Google Groups.
>>
>> Inevitably as Microsoft steers its users elsewhere for their help,
>> traffic levels on the newsgroups will fall, and moderation may go out of
>> the window as Microsoft will not be spam filtering :(
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
>>> How many, which ones, of microsoftusenet groups will disappear?
>>>
>>> Will this one, too?

0
Yves
5/22/2010 8:18:12 PM
My comments were addressed more towards the fact that the new bridge was
released to the public yesterday and it simply didn't work. It crashed every
time with a variety of error messages. There were howls of complaint in the
MVP private newsgroups yesterday from other MVPs around the world who were
having the same problems. This morning I haven't checked the bridge yet, but
at least it appears to have downloaded the message headers without error, so
the signs are a little more hopeful.

As for the port, some ISPs and some companies block port 119 to prevent
newsgroup access. Having a configurable port should get around that - but
for others port 119 should still work if the application is re-directed
there - even if other news-servers are using port 119. Most users can leave
the new bridge set with the default port of 120.

My understanding - though again I haven't checked as nothing was working
properly yesterday - is that the Answers forum access has been removed from
the old bridge. I don't know what the thinking behind that was as if you are
not registered with the other services - MSDN etc - , the old bridge should
not be able to post in them.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The problems with the 'new bridge' will be exactly the same as with the
> old one. The only changes are that the port is now configurable and that
> it connects to the same service on a different server. Basically they
> split the load and that's it. I guess the upside is that there are now
> less other forums/threads where your post might end up if it goes wrong
> again.
>
> For the people who can't run the original NNTP bridge because they have
> already running something on port 119, this implementation could be a
> workaround. All they would have to do is copy the files from the new
> bridge to another directory, and edit NntpBridge.exe.config. If they
> change the ForumsWebServiceUrl to the old one, and set the NntpServerPort
> to something they like, they are good to go.
>
> Yves
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> OK the link to the new bridge is now working - which is more than can be
>> said for the bridge. Let's hope it is sorted out over the weekend :(
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Almost certainly the newsgroups will live on. What is changing is the
>>> link to Microsoft's help forums, which (like many other similar web
>>> forums) have been interfaced with the MS News server so what appears in
>>> one medium should also appear in another. In future that link will be
>>> broken and the help forums will change. NNTP access will then only be
>>> available to the new Microsoft Answers forum via the NNTP Bridge. A new
>>> bridge for that purpose was supposed to be available yesterday, but so
>>> far I see no sign of it at http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/
>>>
>>> Because of the way newsgroups are peered in Usenet, they will have a
>>> life of their own even if/when Microsoft turns off their server. You
>>> will of course need to find another text newsgroup server if you wish to
>>> continue using them. There are plenty out there to choose from. Your ISP
>>> may provide a news feed and that would be the first place to look. After
>>> that you need to look for free text based news servers. They should also
>>> continue to be available via Google Groups.
>>>
>>> Inevitably as Microsoft steers its users elsewhere for their help,
>>> traffic levels on the newsgroups will fall, and moderation may go out of
>>> the window as Microsoft will not be spam filtering :(
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message

0
Graham
5/23/2010 6:22:50 AM
I have now checked and the bridge problems of yesterday seem to have been
fixed.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> My comments were addressed more towards the fact that the new bridge was
> released to the public yesterday and it simply didn't work. It crashed
> every time with a variety of error messages. There were howls of complaint
> in the MVP private newsgroups yesterday from other MVPs around the world
> who were having the same problems. This morning I haven't checked the
> bridge yet, but at least it appears to have downloaded the message headers
> without error, so the signs are a little more hopeful.
>
> As for the port, some ISPs and some companies block port 119 to prevent
> newsgroup access. Having a configurable port should get around that - but
> for others port 119 should still work if the application is re-directed
> there - even if other news-servers are using port 119. Most users can
> leave the new bridge set with the default port of 120.
>
> My understanding - though again I haven't checked as nothing was working
> properly yesterday - is that the Answers forum access has been removed
> from the old bridge. I don't know what the thinking behind that was as if
> you are not registered with the other services - MSDN etc - , the old
> bridge should not be able to post in them.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The problems with the 'new bridge' will be exactly the same as with the
>> old one. The only changes are that the port is now configurable and that
>> it connects to the same service on a different server. Basically they
>> split the load and that's it. I guess the upside is that there are now
>> less other forums/threads where your post might end up if it goes wrong
>> again.
>>
>> For the people who can't run the original NNTP bridge because they have
>> already running something on port 119, this implementation could be a
>> workaround. All they would have to do is copy the files from the new
>> bridge to another directory, and edit NntpBridge.exe.config. If they
>> change the ForumsWebServiceUrl to the old one, and set the NntpServerPort
>> to something they like, they are good to go.
>>
>> Yves
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> OK the link to the new bridge is now working - which is more than can be
>>> said for the bridge. Let's hope it is sorted out over the weekend :(
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message

0
Graham
5/23/2010 7:51:38 AM
It was sorted out late last night (European time). Access via the previous
bridge ceased working when they started the upgrades.

Terry Farrell

> I have now checked and the bridge problems of yesterday seem to have been
> fixed.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> My comments were addressed more towards the fact that the new bridge was
>> released to the public yesterday and it simply didn't work. It crashed
>> every time with a variety of error messages. There were howls of
>> complaint in the MVP private newsgroups yesterday from other MVPs around
>> the world who were having the same problems. This morning I haven't
>> checked the bridge yet, but at least it appears to have downloaded the
>> message headers without error, so the signs are a little more hopeful.
>>
>> As for the port, some ISPs and some companies block port 119 to prevent
>> newsgroup access. Having a configurable port should get around that - but
>> for others port 119 should still work if the application is re-directed
>> there - even if other news-servers are using port 119. Most users can
>> leave the new bridge set with the default port of 120.
>>
>> My understanding - though again I haven't checked as nothing was working
>> properly yesterday - is that the Answers forum access has been removed
>> from the old bridge. I don't know what the thinking behind that was as if
>> you are not registered with the other services - MSDN etc - , the old
>> bridge should not be able to post in them.
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The problems with the 'new bridge' will be exactly the same as with the
>>> old one. The only changes are that the port is now configurable and that
>>> it connects to the same service on a different server. Basically they
>>> split the load and that's it. I guess the upside is that there are now
>>> less other forums/threads where your post might end up if it goes wrong
>>> again.
>>>
>>> For the people who can't run the original NNTP bridge because they have
>>> already running something on port 119, this implementation could be a
>>> workaround. All they would have to do is copy the files from the new
>>> bridge to another directory, and edit NntpBridge.exe.config. If they
>>> change the ForumsWebServiceUrl to the old one, and set the
>>> NntpServerPort to something they like, they are good to go.
>>>
>>> Yves
>>>
>>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message

0
Terry

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Launch icons disappear
Windows XP Pro Sp3 IE8 Every time I boot up some of my launch icons which used to show are gone. Some do but after a while they all disappear except the server connection icon. I installed the latest Google update and now it has to be reinstalled each time in order for the icon to appear on the desktop and the launch bar. I updated the Vipre antivirus program but can't recall if the icon problem happened before or after that. I also have the black bar problem in my IE8 browser page which it appears cannot be fixed. -- Ray ____________________________________________...

Leader lines disappear
I have 3 pie charts, with leader lines to the labels, in an Excel workbook. After I close my file all the leader lines are gone when the file is reopened. If anyone knows the trick to fix this, I would really appreciate the help. -- BillieJ Hi, Not a pleasent trick but if you move the labels slightly the leader lines will probably reappear. Leader lines may not appear if Excel feels they are unimportant (obvious) so you sometimes have to force them to show. Move the each lable until the line shows is one option. I suppose one could write VBA to automate the task. -- Thanks, Sh...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

Outlook 2002
Office XP sp3 (Outlook 2002) non Exchange I have a network user who cannot create an appointment in his Outlook Calendar. In Day/Week/Month view, you can type in an appointment, but within a few seconds of hitting Enter, the label disappears and nothing more appears to happen. The monthly calendar shows bold, indicating an appointment for the date, and trying to enter another appointment on the same time on the same day generates a warning that there is an existing appointment. However there is no visible sign of the appointment. Now this is not an exchange setup, but the user has a ro...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

group by week in pivot table
i have design a pivot table in excel, but I found no group by WEEK in the grouping function...is it possible to do that in other way or let me to define date of range ??? Million thanksss Right-click on the Date field button Choose Group and Show Detail>Group Select Days, and set the number of days to 7 Click OK Grey wrote: > i have design a pivot table in excel, but I found no group by WEEK in the > grouping function...is it possible to do that in other way or let me to > define date of range ??? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com...

Mail undelivered in certain groups
Hi, I got this problem with Exchange 2003. When I sent an email to certain Distribution Groups, the mail never is delivered and I don't get any message of error. I created a brand new group and send Test mails, and it works fine, the mail is delivered. Actually, I got like 10 different groups, and only 4 of them are having this problem, any idea? Thank you. Ciryus � wrote: > Hi, I got this problem with Exchange 2003. When I sent an email to > certain Distribution Groups, the mail never is delivered and I don't > get any message of error. > > I created a brand ne...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

User/group relationship for security in FRx
In FRx security, the security settings for groups immediate cascade down to the users so later changes need to be applied to each member individually. It would be helpful to have the security setting remain at a group level so later updates could be done more easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then...

Money keeps disappearing from my computer
As crazy as this sounds, on Saturday I woke up and went my computer and Money 2005 was gone completely from my computer. No desktop Icon, nothing in the start menu. I went to Program Files, I have directories on my commuter for "Microsoft Money" (2002) "Microsoft Money 2004", "Microsoft Money 2005", and "Microsoft Money 2006". 2006????? I don't even know where that came from. Anyway, there is hardly anything in these directories, except the 2002 version. The others are either totally empty or nearly empty. There was nothing in the rec...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

Form/Subform Will Not Open
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in me...

E-mail folders will not open when Outlook installed
After OUTLOOK 2002 was installed on my computer it would not work properly, and the following error message was received: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found." "MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered ...

Managers cannot modify group members
I am running windows 2k server with Exchange 2k. I setup a global distribution group. add members to it and send a test email to make sure it works. then I assign that department's manager as the manager of the distribution group. problem is then the manager opens the group from within outlook 2k. then clicks on MODIFY MEMBERS. adds members to the group and when they click OK it comes back with: "Changes to the Distribution list could not be saved. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." any ideas?? thanks in advance, Buddy I ...

You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week.
You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week. It is obvious that quartz watches are much more accurate and reliable than a mechanical watch. What makes quartz so accurate is its extremely high oscillations of up to 32,768 cycles per second at$B!'(Bsalereplicawatch.com ...

Grouping Columns
Using Excel 2000 in a Win 2000 O/S, is is possible to group columns individually? Currently if I group, for example, column C, so that I can collapse it, when I group column D, it gets joined to column C's group. I want to be able to collapse and expand columsn separately. -- LPS Maybe you could insert a very skinny column between C and D (not hidden, though). LPS wrote: > > Using Excel 2000 in a Win 2000 O/S, is is possible to group columns > individually? Currently if I group, for example, column C, so that I can > collapse it, when I group column D, it gets joined ...

Will not send but will reply..
I have Outlook2000 ...and I have a strange issue. I can recieve emails and reply to emails but I cannot send a new email? What happens when you try? Any error messages? If so, what are they (exact text please)? Also, what kind of mail account are you using...POP3/SMTP? IMAP? Other? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1672f15a.0402211238.2022f074@posting.google.com, J.C. wrote: > I have Outlook2000 ...and I have a strange issue. I can recieve ...

Totals in Report Footer to be printed on same page as last group
I'm sure this is a simple question with a simple answer, but can't think why I can't see a previous response to this. I have a report, it has a report header,page header, grouping header, detail, group footer, page footer, report footer. There is a force new page after group footer so each group is on a separate page. At the end of the last group, I would also like to include the report footer total. Is this possible? Thanks Wendy ...

Grouping results
Hi How can I query a table with the following data: CreditorName, CreditorID, Value so the date is summed up by Value (there are multiple entries for one Creditor) and grouped in the following way: from 0 to 5000 from 5001 to 10000 from 10001 to 1000000 more than 1000000 So I don't whant to see sums of the value column. I just want to see the Creditor name and ID within the give value groups. Thanks for any help IgorM Use the [Iif] statement... if you're using the GUI to build your SQL you will need to build the totals and "group by" the releva...

how to group several items in different groups to be placed in a c
I have a budget plan which have different headings (Housing, Transportation, Food, Entertainment, and so forth). I would like to keep the items that is listed under those heading and give the heading a total $ amount for each headings and place that heading in a chart. eg: to have the heading/catergory represent these area of the budget plan. is that possible? If you simply wish to chart a few items with descriptions, assuming tha you have for example "Housing" in G4 and the subtotal for housing in H4 "Transportation" in G8 and the subtotal for transportation in H8, yo...