Why does header/footer (2007) fade when in the document?

In Word 2007, why does the information in the header and footer fades out?  I
put a legend, with different colors, in the footers but when I am in the
document the header and footer fade out instead of being full color like in
Word 2003.  The same for the header where I have a logo.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1f186e61-03a0-47d9-b265-5e3930840f3a&dg=microsoft.public.word.newusers

To distinguish it from the text in the body of the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Word 2007, why does the information in the header and footer fades out?
> put a legend, with different colors, in the footers but when I am in the
> document the header and footer fade out instead of being full color like
> in
> Word 2003.  The same for the header where I have a logo.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1f186e61-03a0-47d9-b265-5e3930840f3a&dg=microsoft.public.word.newusers

0
Doug

How do I put a publisher document on the web to be read?
I wouldn't - not everyone has Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brendon" <Brendon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54587E9A-409B-4E91-9B58-A0C27A7C773E@microsoft.com... > Create a PDF. "Brendon" <Brendon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54587E9A-409B-4E91-9B58-A0C27A7C773E@microsoft.com... | ...

Header of ListView
Hi, I have a Listview control with some items within. This ListView has 3 column A,B and C. A item's are left-aligned. B and C ones are right-aligned. this, only for items... but for header i would like to have a different alignment than their respective items. for example : A, B and C header will be left-aligned so graphically it should be like that : A | B | C | -------------------------------------- Item A1 Item B1 Item C1 Item A2 Item B2 Item C2 .... So how an i do it ? Because when i modify HDITEM structure it's for the full c...

Turn off calendar background colors
Hi there, Can anyone tell me how to turn off the background colors in Outlook 2007 calendar? I have appointment items that are categorized and so carry their respective color, whichis what I want, but I don't want the whole day colored that color as well. Any clues? Thanks John tools, options, calendar options to change the color. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-r...

HELP!! Header thats not a header
Hello All, I have a spreadsheet that when printed is 7 pages. I put a header that is from cells 1 to 6 and have set it in the page setup in the section sheets-print title - rows to repeat at top cells 1-6. This works perfect, every sheet when printed displays these rows at the top of the page. The problem is I don`t want this to print on the top of page 7. How can I make it so pages 1-6 the rows repeat on top and page 7 it doesn`t. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin M You have to print in 2 batches, first the 1-6 pages, then remove this and print the 7th page...

Outlook 2007 and Vista problems
Dear Anyone, I have recently installed Vista Business and Office 2007 on my development workstation. It's working quite well, except i have a critical problem with Outlook 2007. Whenever i try to access anything to do with the calendar, it hangs. The processor goes to 25% (one of the four cores maxed) and that's it. Game over. I'm connecting to an Exchange server, and everything works fine in XP with Office 2007 on a separate partition. Also, no problems with accessing the calendar using Outlook Web Access. Any ideas? TIA Notably, this seems to be a problem with the c...

GetObject
The GetObject function, as in “Set MyXL = GetObject("C:\MYTest.xls")” doesn’t work for a Excel 2007 worksheets. That is code copied directly from Microsoft Help, doesn’t work. However, the same code works fine if the worksheet is saved as a Excel 97-2003 worksheet. Is there something wrong in the Getobject statement, or is this a glitch in Outlook 2007? Don't you mean Set MyXL =3D GetObject("C:\MYTest.xlsm") or Set MyXL =3D GetObject("C:\MYTest.xlsb") or Set MyXL =3D GetObject("C:\MYTest.xlsx") ? --JP On Jan 19, 4...

Header
I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the lettered columns are. I need it to be centered across 4 columns. Thanks for the help Example 1. Put the word TITLE in cell 1. 2. Highlight cells A 1 to D 1 inclusive (your 4 columns). 3. On the Home tab in the Alignment group click on the Merge and Center button. The word TITLE will now be centred acros the said 4 columns. If my comment have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Belin" wrote: > I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the...

Frustration with 2007 set up
I just purchased a Palm Treo 750 (upgrading from 650) and had to switch from the Palm software to using Outlook. I was able to get Microsoft Office Professional from my school district since I am an employee and the phone will be used for district. I am ready to throw it all out the window at this point. I have installed the new version of Office and when I try to open Outlook I get to a certain point (it gives me a little dialogue box about updating information) it pops up with a box that says some junk about the Microsoft exchange Server. In it there is a line with 'msn.pop3.email...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

Date Format in Word 2007
I created a letter and I want to create a date to read MM/dd/YYYY. It is not showing in my drop down list? Lucy The dates available are dictated by the language format at the cursor. In the top right corner of the insert date dialog, there is a window from which you can select available languages. The US English language will provide the date style you require. OR If you are creating a letter template, add a Createdate field eg {CreateDate \@ "MM/dd/yyyy"}. OR If you simply want the date at the cursor, a simple plan is to add a macro to the QAT (Quick Access Toolba...

Excel 2007 Sort-How to Retain Sort Order
In earlier versions of Excel, if you had a worksheet that you sorted, then the sort columns and order (ascending/descending) was retained, so that if you added data and wanted to sort it, you simply told Excel to re-do the same sort. But in Excel 2007, the sort instructions are not retained, so that I have to recreate the entire sort instructions from scratch every time that I need to sort the worksheet. How do I get Excel to retain the sort instructions for a worksheet so that I can re-sort the worksheet without having to laboriously re-create the sort instructions every time that I ...

How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?
.... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually. Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all shoul change at the same time Pau -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39467 Frank, I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup. If all the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.) are to be the same...

Creating a New Form in Outlook 2007
I need to create a new form in Outlook 2007 for the purposes of reporting by email NNTP access statistics on a regular basis to my ISP. I've looked at Help and can't seem to find any way of doing this. Is this possible? Depends, what modifications are you trying to make? To go to form design choose; Tools-> Forms-> Design a Form -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Gordon&q...

Header is covered up
I imported a word document into Pub 2003. I let Publisher create the textboxes. This is a large patient handbook that we want to put into Publisher. Lots of the textboxes cover up the Header and some do not. Does this mean I will have to resize every textbox or is there another way? Is the header from Word too? Publisher does not support headers. If you are importing from Word you have no control on how Publisher places the text. If you copy/paste you can set your margin to below the Header. You will have to design the header in Publisher manually. Create your first text box, pas...

Money 2007 crashes when changing matched transactions
Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe running on XP. I downloaded a statement and duplicates came up, some correct some not. When my entry and the banks entry are different I choose Change. That is when Money 07 (XP) locks up. If I get as far as being able to separate the transactions it also locks up. In microsoft.public.money, ncsupack wrote: >Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe running on XP. I downloaded a statement and >duplicates came up, some correct some not. When my entry and the banks entry >are different I choose Change. That is when Money 07 (XP) locks up. If I >get as fa...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

Make 2007 macros work in 2003
I made a survey in Excel 2007 with macros that will unhide rows based on the value of another cell. I saved it first with .xlsm extension, and when a user opened it in Excel 2003, it was read only. I then saved it with .xls and the user was never promted to enable macros when they opened it, but, after some digging, was able to enable macros and use the form. This survey is going to non-technical people who won't know how to dig around to enable their macros. It has to be obvious. Is there a way for someone with Excel 2000 or 2003 to easily open and use this document? I...

Lookup Values, etracting Row header and column header.
Hi all, I have a dat matrix having 100 rows and 100 columns. The data is dynamic and keeps changing. 3500 3550 3600 3650 3700 3550 - - - - 3600 - - - - 3650 - - - - 3700 - - - - 3750 - - - - 3800 - 20 - - 3850 - - - - 3900 - - - 15 For eg: the data in row 3800 and column 3600 shows a value of 20. Is there any function by which i can extract any positive values in the data matrix such that it gives a summary in another worksheet: # Row Column Value 1 3800 3600 20 2 3900 3700 15 Note: th...

PO will not close
I have a PO that I cannot close. It appears that in the POP10300 table the receipt transaction header is corrupted. Several of the columns are empty, but the line detail is there in the POP10310 table. I think because the line detail is there the GP will not allow me to close or cancel the PO. I have run checklinks against it as well as the purchasing reconcile and it doesn't seem to clean up. Any suggestions? JR, But, have you posted the receipt? If not, why don't you remove the receipt, re-enter, and post? After doing this, you should be able to close the PO. Best regar...

Filtering on Header content
Hello, I'm interested in knowing if Outlook Express & Outlook 2002 can filter received messages based upon "Header content". Example: X-Is-Spam-Level:***** I was able to setup the rule with Outlook 2002, although it hasn't worked for me(does it only work for specific modes). I haven't been able to determine where to add the filter rules for the "Header content" with Outlook Express. With Eudora only the "Sponsored or Paid" mode offer the ability to filter received messages based upon content of message "Header information". Thanks ev...

missing alias in outlook 2007
I have recently upgraded my vista notebook from outlook XP to Outlook 2007. with XP I had three aliases - one for me, one for my wife and a general one - that made it easy to apply rules for various emails. since the upgrade only my alias is getting picked up by Outlook, the other two are being left on the ISP whre we have to get them by web mail. Can anyone help? -- Mike Allen http://forums.slipstick.com "Mike Allen" <Mike.Allen.3za6ba@invalid> wrote in message news:Mike.Allen.3za6ba@invalid... > I have recently upgraded my vista notebook from outlook XP to Outlook ...

Quicken Premier 2007 to Microsoft Money Plus Premium
Has anyone switched from Quicken to Money? Will Money Plus open a Quicken 2007 data file correctly? Any problems encountered? Thoughts or advice? ...

My report header shows in design view but not print preview
I have a report header in a report that prompts for info and omits some information in the detail section if the data is zero or null. While the report header shows up in the design view; it doesn't show in the print preview mode. Any suggestions? -- Thanks, Karen "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:991881A0-921F-47A7-B1B2-6B180111081B@microsoft.com... >I have a report header in a report that prompts for info and omits some > information in the detail section if the data is zero or null. > > While the report header shows up i...

Outlook 2007 loses connection intermittently
Hi, My company is using Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. Recently users have noticed that they get disconnected intermittently and Outlook reconnects successfully after a while. They noticed it because there was a Outlook prompt. Just 2 quick questions does Outlook disconnect after some period of inactivity? Is there any knowledge based articles that this is a known issue for the Outlook program? Any help is appreciated. Thanks On 3/2/2010 12:44 AM, Roz wrote: > Hi, > My company is using Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. Recently users have > noticed that they get disco...

Changing font of CListCtrl's header
Hi All, I have a CListCtrl instance. I can get the pointter to the CHeaderCtrl of the CListCtrl using GetHeaderCtrl(). My requirement is to change the font of the header items.How do I do that? Any clues/suggestions are heartfully appreciated. Regards, Vinodh Kumar P I think simple subclassing the headercontrol and changing its font should do. See if the following helps you: http://www.codeguru.com/listview/HeaderCtrlEx.shtml -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Vinodh Kumar" <thecomdeveloper@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bdr48r$6im$1@news.m...