Weird Opening Document

Using Windows XP and Office 2007

I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I opened 
the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although Office 2003 
still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I have received 2003 
Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment 
it always launches Word 2007.

Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
time??? 


0
BK
3/11/2010 2:23:37 PM
word.newusers 801 articles. 0 followers. Follow

9 Replies
1416 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 7

My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in 
Word 2007 is .docx

Daddy

"BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>
> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I have 
> received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open 
> the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>
> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
> time???
> 


0
Daddy
3/11/2010 10:04:14 PM
But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 2003.




"Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
news:O1iCLbWwKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format 
> in Word 2007 is .docx
>
> Daddy
>
> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>>
>> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
>> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
>> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I have 
>> received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open 
>> the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>>
>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
>> time???
>>
>
> 


0
BK
3/12/2010 12:18:52 AM
It is not really a good idea to directly open documents as attachments to 
email messages.  Better to first save the attachment and then open it.

-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:#UuPamXwKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 
> 2003.
>
>
>
>
> "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:O1iCLbWwKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format 
>> in Word 2007 is .docx
>>
>> Daddy
>>
>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>> news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>>>
>>> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
>>> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
>>> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I 
>>> have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when 
>>> I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>>>
>>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
>>> time???
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 
0
Doug
3/12/2010 3:25:27 AM
While I agree with Doug about not opening e-mail attachments directly, have 
you made the registry changes that would allow Word 2003 and 2007 to 
peacefully co-exist? If not Word 2003 will grab back its file associations. 
The two versions will be in constant conflict. See 
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

-- 
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>


"BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:%23UuPamXwKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 
> 2003.
>
>
>
>
> "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:O1iCLbWwKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format 
>> in Word 2007 is .docx
>>
>> Daddy
>>
>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>> news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>>>
>>> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
>>> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
>>> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I 
>>> have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when 
>>> I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>>>
>>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
>>> time???
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Graham
3/12/2010 6:53:44 AM
I can certainly do a "save" before opening if that's safer.   Just don't 
understand why saving it first makes it safer to open.


"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%232lqtOZwKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It is not really a good idea to directly open documents as attachments to 
> email messages.  Better to first save the attachment and then open it.
>
> -- 
> Hope this helps.
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:#UuPamXwKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 
>> 2003.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:O1iCLbWwKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file 
>>> format in Word 2007 is .docx
>>>
>>> Daddy
>>>
>>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>>>>
>>>> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
>>>> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
>>>> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I 
>>>> have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when 
>>>> I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>>>>
>>>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
>>>> time???
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> 


0
BK
3/12/2010 1:21:02 PM
Thanks for the info.



"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:eeXMwCbwKHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> While I agree with Doug about not opening e-mail attachments directly, 
> have you made the registry changes that would allow Word 2003 and 2007 to 
> peacefully co-exist? If not Word 2003 will grab back its file 
> associations. The two versions will be in constant conflict. See 
> http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
>
> -- 
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
>
> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23UuPamXwKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 
>> 2003.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:O1iCLbWwKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file 
>>> format in Word 2007 is .docx
>>>
>>> Daddy
>>>
>>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>>>>
>>>> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
>>>> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
>>>> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I 
>>>> have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when 
>>>> I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>>>>
>>>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
>>>> time???
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
BK
3/12/2010 1:21:27 PM
Also note that whichever version was opened last will be the one that starts
with a double click on a file.  

Pam


Graham Mayor wrote:
>While I agree with Doug about not opening e-mail attachments directly, have 
>you made the registry changes that would allow Word 2003 and 2007 to 
>peacefully co-exist? If not Word 2003 will grab back its file associations. 
>The two versions will be in constant conflict. See 
>http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
>
>> But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 
>> 2003.
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
>>>> time???

-- 
Message posted via OfficeKB.com
http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201003/1

0
Pamelia
3/12/2010 1:53:04 PM
Well, one trap that it will help you avoid is going ahead and editing a 
document and then saving it thinking that you have saved the changes only to 
later discover that you were working on a document that was opened from a 
temporary location and when you close it, the "changed" file is deleted.

-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:eupxebewKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I can certainly do a "save" before opening if that's safer.   Just don't 
> understand why saving it first makes it safer to open.
>
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message 
> news:%232lqtOZwKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> It is not really a good idea to directly open documents as attachments to 
>> email messages.  Better to first save the attachment and then open it.
>>
>> -- 
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>> news:#UuPamXwKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 
>>> 2003.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
>>> news:O1iCLbWwKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file 
>>>> format in Word 2007 is .docx
>>>>
>>>> Daddy
>>>>
>>>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>>>>>
>>>>> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
>>>>> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
>>>>> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I 
>>>>> have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and 
>>>>> when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this 
>>>>> time???
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 
0
Doug
3/12/2010 9:50:23 PM
Yeah, been there done that before!!  <grin>




"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:ui6NJ4iwKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Well, one trap that it will help you avoid is going ahead and editing a 
> document and then saving it thinking that you have saved the changes only 
> to later discover that you were working on a document that was opened from 
> a temporary location and when you close it, the "changed" file is deleted.
>
> -- 
> Hope this helps.
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:eupxebewKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I can certainly do a "save" before opening if that's safer.   Just don't 
>> understand why saving it first makes it safer to open.
>>
>>
>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message 
>> news:%232lqtOZwKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> It is not really a good idea to directly open documents as attachments 
>>> to email messages.  Better to first save the attachment and then open 
>>> it.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>>
>>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>>
>>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:#UuPamXwKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> But I have opened other .doc email attachments that do not launch Word 
>>>> 2003.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Daddy" <daddy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
>>>> news:O1iCLbWwKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>> My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file 
>>>>> format in Word 2007 is .docx
>>>>>
>>>>> Daddy
>>>>>
>>>>> "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:uAX2ncSwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Using Windows XP and Office 2007
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I just  received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment.  When I 
>>>>>> opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system.  Although 
>>>>>> Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007.    I 
>>>>>> have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and 
>>>>>> when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 
>>>>>> this time???
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>> 


0
BK
3/13/2010 2:05:52 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Can't open appointment form
When trying to open an appointment form by any method I get the following message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." Yes it did say message. All other forms work. The problem is I am the administrator. I did do a Detect and Repair and rebooted without resolution. I am using WinXP Pro on the client I am attaching to Small Business Server 2K3. Using Outlook 2k3 on both client/server. I am also having trouble on occasion opening Outlook. I activate the menu selection, the cursor turns into a hourglass, and then a regular cursor i...

Automatically execute a CTRL-ALT-F9 when I open a workbook
I created a function that reads data from other files and returns the result in a cell. So, I would like to automatically force recalculation every time my WB is openned. How can it be done? Tks. You could use an auto_open sub: Option explicit sub auto_open() application.calculatefull end sub If .calculatefull isn't available to you (added in xl2k????). You could use: Application.SendKeys "%^{F9}" Antonio Duarte wrote: > > I created a function that reads data from other files and returns the result > in a cell. So, I would like to automatically force recalcu...

Excel opening with only the toolbars showing
Hi, I have been having this problem for a day or so. Whenever I open any Excel file it shows the toolbars at the top and the status line at the bottom, but between there is nothing between, i.e. a totally empty screen showing thru to the programs or background behind it, it's like the whole spreadsheet part is just not there! Even when it's the only open program on the computer it just has the header and a blank screen showing the desktop. Can anyone offer advice as to WTF is going on and how to fix it because currently I am totally unable to access any Excel files at all. All assist...

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

how to open up messages in seperate window?
Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is good, except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? "cbeck715" <cbeck715@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29DA0005-E04E-44D5-9A36-592EE7DCAD30@microsoft.com... > Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is > good, > except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? double-click on them.... ...

a query that opens but errors on Set qry=currentDB.Openrecordset()
MSA2k7: An existing select query and an existing sub that all work fine I add one more column to my select query to filter the records further. It uses a "like" function that pulls a value from an unbound combo box on a form: Like "*" & [Forms]![frmGroups].[cboFilterCrit] & "*" The query works. It opens from the db container, and from a docmd.openquery command: But: Now my existing sub crashes when I set an object to the query : Set objSourceQry = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSourceQry) ' - this line crashes with "Too few parameters expecte...

Attach to ACT contact(s) ? on opening of Outlook
I get the following error when I start Outlook, How can I get rid of it? I have opened ACT(contact manager)and it still appears. Error is: You must run ACT at least once before you can use this feature. Version is 2002 with sp-2 Thanks Bill ...

Outlook Problem -- Closing itself down as soon as it is opened
I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the program it opens up, but then a second later closes down. Even the little icon in the system tray disappears. It doesn't happen each time I open the program but it is happening rather frequently. Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks, Jake Cripes, that's not even time enough to click on hotbabe.jpg.pif "Jake" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message news:%23H09oyhWEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the >...

weird symbol instead of comma in address?
I have Office 2007 and I am using the Publisher with the mail merge to populate the addresses in thank-you cards to be mailed out. The only problem is that the comma between the city and state does not look like a comma but a small right triangle without the hypotenuse. What do I need to do for the comma to appear correctly in the address? Are you using a decorative font? I can't duplicate your issue. Is the comma in the city field or are you manually adding it? Personally I don't use the comma any longer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsac...

opening attachments #8
I can read emails but when I click on the paperclip for attachments the attachment drop down opens but the attachments are not in bold print available for opening. ...

Cannot open Workflow Manager
Hi All, I have installed CRM 1.2 on a Windows Server 2003 machine. I cannot open the Workflow Manager or Workflow Monitor. An error message is displayed "You do not have sufficient priviledges to run this program. Contact your System Administrator". I am opening the Workflow Manager as an administrator on the CRM Server machine. I can access the CRM using web. Please tell me why this problem is occuring and how to get over it. Thanks and Regards, Harshad Harshad, You have to be logged in as the user that installed CRM to open the Workflow Manager. ~Dave Hi D...

Create SplitterWnd with 2 different documents
I've looking some samples of SplitterWnd, but they all refers to one child-one doc-multiple views. I need something like one child-multiple docs-one view per doc. Has anybody seen something like this before? Is it possible to be done under Doc/View architecture? Thanks a lot for your attention and help Alvaro Palma wrote: > I've looking some samples of SplitterWnd, but they all refers to one > child-one doc-multiple views. I need something like one child-multiple > docs-one view per doc. Has anybody seen something like this before? Is it > possible to be done under Doc/...

Outlook: folders cannot be opened
I have just installed Outlookfolders product as found at www.outlookfolders.com. Server setup was fine. I installed it on my workstation also. Using Outlook beta 2. After fiddling with some settings, I got an error. Now, when I try to open Outlook 2003 beta, I get the following message: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Well, I am the administrator! Looks like it is trying to find folders on the Server and cannot see them. But ...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

Weird Spacing Problem
I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document. To test, I used the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it didn't do it for me. But then I had him go in to that Contact and open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines at the top (that he can't get rid of). If he sends the email it leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email. Anyone seen anything like this? I thought at first maybe it was an OL 2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I t...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

Trying to Open subform on click event to current record from main form
Hello, hoping for a little help on this one: I have a subform called 'Company Info' in the main form. I want users to be able to click a button to open a split form called 'Add Companies'. My current code opens to the appropriate record, but filters the records. Any help on the proper way to open to the current record from the 'Company Info' subform to the related record on the 'Add Companies' split form without filtering any records would be greatly appreciated. Private Sub EditCompanyInfo_Click() On Error GoTo Err_EditCompanyInfo_Click Dim ...

encryptet Mail is no able to open... (XP)
If i try to open an encryptet mail, i get the password- inputbox. but nothing happens. if i save the password, nothing happens either! and after i saved the pw and klick on to another encryptet mail it suddenly opens. but i want to open it without saving the password! has anybody had this problem before? ...

Open a FORM in MS Access Application from DotNet Code
Scenario is: We have a Application developed in MS Access 2003 + VBA. Now for new features, we are relying on VB.NET. We often have to link up/integrate our both applications. For example open Dot Net Application from Access or open Access forms from Dot Net Application. But i am unable to refrence and open access form from Dot Net Based application. in vb you can go: Dim accessApp As Object Set accessApp = CreateObject("Access.Application") accessApp.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\Documents and Settings\Albert\My Documents\Access\ScriptExample\MultiSelect.mdb"...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

can't open attachments.
Since I have updated my Outlook Express a few months ago, I have had trouble opening up any attachments. When a message is sent to me with an attachment, most of the type this message appears"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment.....". The bad thing is that I know who is sending me the attachments and they have never sent me any bad ones. Is there any way that I can remove OE from being so picky with my attachments so I can start opening them? :) Help! Melissa melissa wrote: > Since I have updated my Outlook Express a few months ago, > I have had tr...

Email messages sent as attachments in WLM open in Outlook Express
I have been using Windows Live Mail to access my hotmail email accounts from my desktop successfully, without any probs, for about a year now. Email messages sent as attachments are opened through Outlook Express whenever I open the attachments instead of Windows Live Mail. Can any one help? -- Debonair Make sure WLMail is set as default. Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults | Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for Windows Live Mail. If still no joy, create a file association. 1. Download and save the attachment on t...

how do i retrieve an unnamed deleted document
I was working on a paper and I did not save the document I mistakingly deleted it, is there a way I can get that paper back? If you didn't save the document, you cannot retrieve the changes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Puddyn" <Puddyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFD4FB4E-F998-465E-9218-0222450E300B@microsoft.com... >I was working on a paper and I did not save the document I mistakingly > deleted it, is there a way I can get that paper back? If nothing was saved, there is nothing to recover. On Dec 11, 7:11=A0a...

Mailbox management -- recipient policy age limit weirdness
I've been testing a couple recipient policies, and I come across this kind of thing now and then. I end up with a report that shows a few users with something like this when absolutely nothing should get tagged for deletion on them: ---------- Cleaning Mailbox user@domain.com Recipient Policy: Test1 Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB) Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB) Folder / Done: 0 Items Processed, 1 Items Would Be Moved or Deleted (2097409 KB) Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB) Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB) Folder /Outbox Done: 0 Items Processed, 0 Items Wou...

weird outlook 2007 shutdown problem
I run Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Pro SP2. When I reboot my computer ... the first time I start Outlook and go to close it ... It still runs in task manager. It doesn't use any CPU time so normally I would just say the heck with it but .... it does use anywhere from 66M to 127M of ram and I noticed when if I continue to let it run it slowly uses more and more ram... I can open and close it as many times as I want yet it still runs in TM. I have to end task on the process to get it to shut down .. Once I have ended task on the processes and launch Outlook again ... when I close it .. ...