The "Final Showing Markup" change-tracking markups keep stubbornly reappearing in pastes of text, and etc.

For a Creative Fiction Writing class assignment, I enabled "Track
Changes" and got the document to show all changes done to it, because
one of the final writing assignments was to print out a copy of the
paper with the changes highlighted.

I of course printed out the paper with the "Final," without showing
the change-tracking mark-ups.

Now, I plan to paste my story onto a blog. I hit a HUGE snag:

First of all, when I reopened my story, it was in the change-tracking
mode again, with all the changes highlighted, and etc. So I changed it
from "Final showing markup" to "Final," therefore removing ALL the
mark-ups that indicated changes to the documents. (Also, when I save
it in the view that does not show these change-tracking mark-ups,
close, and re-open the document, these change-tracking mark-ups
reappear.)

Then when I pasted my story, the WYSIWYG editor on Blogger.com showed
me all the underlines, strikethroughs, and mark-ups indicating changes
to the story. That was the snag.

How do I get it so that the document copies and pastes the CLEAN,
final text, without all those change-tracking mark-ups, onto my
blogsite's editor? I've been scouring throughout MS Word 2007's
functionality options and I'm not one step closer to solving this
problem so far.

Please help, so I can finally get this story posted online without any
trouble. Thanks,

-ENG
0
Egao

Final showing markup and final are merely views of the same thing. If you
want to remove the tracking, you should turn off tracking and accept all the
changes. Do so in a copy of the document if you need to retain them for
whatever reason.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Egao No Genki" <egaonogenki@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For a Creative Fiction Writing class assignment, I enabled "Track
> Changes" and got the document to show all changes done to it, because
> one of the final writing assignments was to print out a copy of the
> paper with the changes highlighted.
>
> I of course printed out the paper with the "Final," without showing
> the change-tracking mark-ups.
>
> Now, I plan to paste my story onto a blog. I hit a HUGE snag:
>
> First of all, when I reopened my story, it was in the change-tracking
> mode again, with all the changes highlighted, and etc. So I changed it
> from "Final showing markup" to "Final," therefore removing ALL the
> mark-ups that indicated changes to the documents. (Also, when I save
> it in the view that does not show these change-tracking mark-ups,
> close, and re-open the document, these change-tracking mark-ups
> reappear.)
>
> Then when I pasted my story, the WYSIWYG editor on Blogger.com showed
> me all the underlines, strikethroughs, and mark-ups indicating changes
> to the story. That was the snag.
>
> How do I get it so that the document copies and pastes the CLEAN,
> final text, without all those change-tracking mark-ups, onto my
> blogsite's editor? I've been scouring throughout MS Word 2007's
> functionality options and I'm not one step closer to solving this
> problem so far.
>
> Please help, so I can finally get this story posted online without any
> trouble. Thanks,
>
> -ENG

0
Graham

Word 2007 track changes "final" v. "final showing markup"
When I am working in a document where track changes has been turned on, and I turn off the track changes, the document still opens in "final showing markup" instead of "final." I want the document to open in "final" form. Is there a way to do that? By default, any markup is always made visible when you open a document in Word. This is a privacy setting, so that you don't inadvertently send the file to someone else, forgetting about the markup. You can turn the setting off, but only for your machine (you can't control what others see if they...

How to get list of revisions by Final Showing Markup?
My application (C#) compares two MS Word documents and save diff document at user's location. The application also generates a summary report of documents compared and specifies number of differences found on each page of documents compared. In order to determine number of differences on each page, it iterate through all the revisions object of the diff document saved at user's location. From each revision I determine the wdActiveEndPageNumber from the Range member of that revision. This give the number of difference found on each page of document. For some reason ...

Keep 'Final Showing Markup' in a document copy.