Table Columns/Expanding Cell Width

I was creating my first table in Word 2007. I used Insert->Tables-
>Tables.

When I typed in text, the column kept expanding and the text did not
wrap until it hit the end of the line and the adjacent cells were
compacted to their margins.

Then I did Table Tools->Auto Fit->Fixed Column Width and the column
width stayed the same and wrapped.

So now I create a new file and the do a table. Now the column width
stayed the same.

Not that I would want the initial behavior of columns expanding---why
does it no longer appear?
0
faceman28208

Column width
I would like to if it is possible to change the default of the width of a column. I am not talking about the usual width of a column where your text goes, but the width of the space between the columns. Thanks for any help. Ryan ...

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Move 2 cells to right
hi, Please help. In excel vba, what is the command to move the cursor. Example: The cursor was in one cell and i want move it 2 cells to the left. Thanks in advance. Activecell.Offset(0,2).Select -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F380F18E-8A51-44DC-82AA-F83FE91FD34B@microsoft.com... > hi, > Please help. > In excel vba, what is the command to move the cursor. > Example: The cursor was in one cell and i want move it 2 cells to the left. > > Thanks in a...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

Conditional Format for Blank Cells
I am trying to figure out, if possible, to make certain blank cells in a row/column to be filled-in (blacked out) if a certain cell contains a particular text. For example: Let's say I'm wanting to create a spreadsheet that will help me indicated, from a list of ingredients in Column A, what ingredients to make for certain cakes. If Cell B1 Contains the word 'pound cake', then I wanted a range of cells in that same column to shade out those ingredients that do not pertain to making a pound cake. Is this clear? Is this possible?? Thanks! -- -Liz >I...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

format cells for date not working...please help
I have imported a text document, everything worked. I have dates i cells in a format like 23-5-2004. I need to change them to 5/23/2004. go to format the cells to this date format and nothing happens. I hav tried to format a single cell this way, and nothing. I have als unchecked the protection box. It will kill me to do 5000 dates one b one. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm guessing the 23-5-2004 is Text, not a real date. Try selecting the dates and Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next "column data format"...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

Column Formats & Merging to Word
Recently upgraded to v. 2003 and now have a problem with data that merges into MS Word 2003. The excel column has a basic formula in it, and is formatted to show only one decimal place. However, when it merges into word, there are many decimal places (8, 10, can't remember how many). How do I fix this? It was never an issue in v 2000. TIA Christina Christina There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

In macros, an instruction that returns the position of the Active Cell
In a macro, how can I make it return the position of the Active Cell Colum & Line. Or how can I set that position as a Condition; e.g. �If ActiveCell i B7 Then�.� Or �If ActiveCell belongs to Column G Then�.� Thanks in advance for any help. AC -- ac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aca's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=385 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187368645 Hi Sub test() Dim ws1 As Worksheet Set ws1 = Workbooks("Tester.xls").Sheets("Sheet2") With ws1 MsgBox ("Cell address is &qu...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

How to pick every third cell?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a column in which I keep dates. The date appers in every third cell of this column and the other two cells are blank. I have the another sheet in this workbook in which I want those dates to appear in the column in consecutive order. I'm using cell reference comand right now but have to do it manually every time I have a new entries. So in the other sheet there is a column with cells having references to every third cell in the first sheet. I trided to high-lite the multiple bunches of cells and drag-copy it down - but it's not working. Any ideas??? Tha...

change column names to letters
Normally column headers have names using letters and row header has names using numerals. In my excel numerals are used to define both columns & rows headers. Normally you have A1 cell, and I have R1C1. How can I change to normal headers, so that Columns header would consist of letters, and rows header consist of numerals? Thank you very much. Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Raimundas Dundulis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e601c3a7b9$657d6190$a301280a@phx....

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...

Trouble drilling through 3D column chart in ReportViewer WinForm C
Hi, I am using ReportViewer WinForm control to show chart reports generated by RS 2008. My Visual Studio is 2008. Here is my scenario: show a 3D column chart first, then drill through when clicking on the column. I found something wrong with 3D column chart: only when you move mouse to the top plane of the 3D column(no matter it is cubic or cylinder), the cursor can change to hand and drill through is possible. When you move mouse to other surfaces of column, the mouse won't change and you can't drill through. There is no such problem when you preview chart in VS, ...

Pivot Table not sorting correctly
In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is displayed seperately. I followed the same exact procedure for this table as I have for the others that I displayed correctly. What causes those lines to be displayed on separate lines? Perhaps some of the entries have space characters at the end, and others don't. Marian wrote: > In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled > exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each ...