slightly OT, but anyone know...

....of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?

everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.

anybody know of something very, very effective?
0
Robert

Google turned up the following:

http://www.yourdictionary.com/dictionary-articles/free-online-grammar.html

http://spellcheckplus.com/

http://www.grammarly.com/?q=grammar&gclid=CLWSs9SThaICFQa0bwodgg1yFw

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
> ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
> grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>
> everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
> worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>
> anybody know of something very, very effective?

0
Doug
6/4/2010 12:19:30 AM
"Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
> ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
> grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>
> everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
> worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>
> anybody know of something very, very effective?

Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
bj

0
bj

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01CB03C6.611C3E80

The problem with that is Ms. Lunt (Gertrude) would probably come round =
to my house to rap me over the knuckles with a ruler and say, 'write out =
1,000 lines, 'I taught you correct grammar at school''.

Terry Farrell
  "bj" <bjones44@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message =
  "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message=20
  =
  > ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
  > grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
  >
  > everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
  > worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
  >
  > anybody know of something very, very effective?

  Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
  bj
  =20

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01CB03C6.611C3E80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">The problem with that is =
Ms. Lunt=20
(Gertrude) would probably come round to my house to rap me over the =
knuckles=20
with a ruler and say, 'write out 1,000 lines, 'I taught you correct =
grammar at=20
school''.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Terry Farrell</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"bj" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:bjones44@bellatlantic.net&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:bjones44@bellatlantic.net">bjones44@bellatlantic.net</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  title=3D"news:976dnT9aX-0iypXRnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@giganews.com&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:976dnT9aX-0iypXRnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@giganews.com">news:976dnT9a=
X-0iypXRnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@giganews.com</A>...</DIV>"Robert=20
  Macy" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:macy@california.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:macy@california.com">macy@california.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <BR><A=20
  =
title=3D"news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroup=
s.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroups=
..com">news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroups.c=
om</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for<BR>&gt;=20
  grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
everything I've=20
  found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or<BR>&gt; worse wants =
to give=20
  me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; anybody know of =

  something very, very effective?<BR><BR>Send a copy to your old high =
school=20
  English teacher!<BR>bj<BR>&nbsp;<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01CB03C6.611C3E80--

0
Terry

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CB03DB.40274E30

:-)

--=20
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP
(Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com)

  "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message =
  The problem with that is Ms. Lunt (Gertrude) would probably come round =
to my house to rap me over the knuckles with a ruler and say, 'write out =
1,000 lines, 'I taught you correct grammar at school''.

  Terry Farrell
    "bj" <bjones44@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message =
    "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message=20
    =
    > ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
    > grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
    >
    > everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
    > worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
    >
    > anybody know of something very, very effective?

    Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
    bj
    =20

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CB03DB.40274E30

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 name=3D"Compose message =
area"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true">
<DIV>:-)</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Stefan Blom<BR>Microsoft Word MVP<BR>(Message posted via =

msnews.microsoft.com)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Terry Farrell" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:terryfarrell@msn.com">terryfarrell@msn.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:O$zZA47ALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:O$zZA47ALHA.584@T=
K2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI" color=3D#000080>The problem with that is =
Ms. Lunt=20
  (Gertrude) would probably come round to my house to rap me over the =
knuckles=20
  with a ruler and say, 'write out 1,000 lines, 'I taught you correct =
grammar at=20
  school''.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI" color=3D#000080></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI" color=3D#000080>Terry =
Farrell</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    title=3D"news:976dnT9aX-0iypXRnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@giganews.com&#10;CTRL =
+ Click to follow link"=20
    =
href=3D"news:976dnT9aX-0iypXRnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@giganews.com">news:976dnT9a=
X-0iypXRnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@giganews.com</A>...</DIV>"Robert=20
    Macy" &lt;<A=20
    title=3D"mailto:macy@california.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link" =

    href=3D"mailto:macy@california.com">macy@california.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
    message <BR><A=20
    =
title=3D"news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroup=
s.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
    =
href=3D"news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroups=
..com">news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroups.c=
om</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
    ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for<BR>&gt;=20
    grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
everything=20
    I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or<BR>&gt; =
worse wants=20
    to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
anybody know=20
    of something very, very effective?<BR><BR>Send a copy to your old =
high=20
    school English=20
teacher!<BR>bj<BR>&nbsp;<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CB03DB.40274E30--

0
Stefan
6/4/2010 9:44:11 AM
That would be tough for some of us. I don't think the dearly departed read
their mail.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"bj" <bjones44@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
>> ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
>> grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>>
>> everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
>> worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>>
>> anybody know of something very, very effective?
>
> Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
> bj

0
JoAnn
6/4/2010 10:54:01 AM
On Jun 3, 5:19=A0pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org>
wrote:
> Google turned up the following:
>
> http://www.yourdictionary.com/dictionary-articles/free-online-grammar...
>
> http://spellcheckplus.com/
>
> http://www.grammarly.com/?q=3Dgrammar&gclid=3DCLWSs9SThaICFQa0bwodgg1yFw
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

> > ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
> > grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>
> > everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
> > worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>
> > anybody know of something very, very effective?

thank you for these URLs.

the first one had four sites, each were spell check only, the last was
30 days or $49

the second one was spell check only

the third was spell check only until I asked for grammar then it said
it won't work with my browzer!  kept wanting me to run WinXP and later
programs.  That's crazy! this is a text monitoring program, why would
anyone need higher than DOS!!!

Odd it is so difficult to find out if punctuation is correct.

0
Robert
6/4/2010 4:49:48 PM
On Jun 3, 6:31=A0pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

> > ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
> > grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>
> > everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
> > worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>
> > anybody know of something very, very effective?
>
> Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
> bj

LOL!

Delay is tooooo long, plus when I ran it by 3 different English
'experts' I got three different answers!!!
0
Robert
6/4/2010 4:50:37 PM
While when I went to school 50 odd years ago, learning grammar was a major
component of English lessons, more recently in schools here, it is no longer
taught so there is a whole generation that would not know if something was
grammatically incorrect, or at least what was grammatically incorrect about
some text.

Fortunately, steps are now being taken to re-introduce the teaching of
grammar in schools.  However none of the current crop of teachers were
taught it themselves, so it is going to be a struggle.

--

> On Jun 3, 5:19 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org>
> wrote:
>> Google turned up the following:
>>
>> http://www.yourdictionary.com/dictionary-articles/free-online-grammar...
>>
>> http://spellcheckplus.com/
>>
>> http://www.grammarly.com/?q=grammar&gclid=CLWSs9SThaICFQa0bwodgg1yFw
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

>> > ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
>> > grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>>
>> > everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
>> > worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>>
>> > anybody know of something very, very effective?
>
> thank you for these URLs.
>
> the first one had four sites, each were spell check only, the last was
> 30 days or $49
>
> the second one was spell check only
>
> the third was spell check only until I asked for grammar then it said
> it won't work with my browzer!  kept wanting me to run WinXP and later
> programs.  That's crazy! this is a text monitoring program, why would
> anyone need higher than DOS!!!
>
> Odd it is so difficult to find out if punctuation is correct.

0
Doug
6/4/2010 10:34:20 PM
If you want a fourth opinion, ask Peter T. Daniels - grammatim@verizon.net

--

> On Jun 3, 6:31 pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

>> > ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
>> > grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>>
>> > everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
>> > worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>>
>> > anybody know of something very, very effective?
>>
>> Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
>> bj
>
> LOL!
>
> Delay is tooooo long, plus when I ran it by 3 different English
> 'experts' I got three different answers!!!

0
Doug
6/4/2010 10:38:01 PM
On Jun 4, 3:34=A0pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org>
wrote:
> While when I went to school 50 odd years ago, learning grammar was a majo=
> component of English lessons, more recently in schools here, it is no lon=
ger
> taught so there is a whole generation that would not know if something wa=
> grammatically incorrect, or at least what was grammatically incorrect abo=
ut
> some text.
>
> Fortunately, steps are now being taken to re-introduce the teaching of
> grammar in schools. =A0However none of the current crop of teachers were
> taught it themselves, so it is going to be a struggle.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 3, 5:19 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org>
> > wrote:
> >> Google turned up the following:
>
> >>http://www.yourdictionary.com/dictionary-articles/free-online-grammar..=
..

> >>http://spellcheckplus.com/
>
> >>http://www.grammarly.com/?q=3Dgrammar&gclid=3DCLWSs9SThaICFQa0bwodgg1yF=
>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps.
>
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> >> services on a paid consulting basis.

> >> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

..

> > thank you for these URLs.
>
> > the first one had four sites, each were spell check only, the last was
> > 30 days or $49
>
> > the second one was spell check only
>
> > the third was spell check only until I asked for grammar then it said
> > it won't work with my browzer! =A0kept wanting me to run WinXP and late=
> > programs. =A0That's crazy! this is a text monitoring program, why would
> > anyone need higher than DOS!!!
>
> > Odd it is so difficult to find out if punctuation is correct.

Interesting.  Unfortunately, the audience is not likely to be that
group that gapped in education.

As in, "Why Johnny Can't Read," now in VHS format!

0
Robert
6/4/2010 10:55:47 PM
On Jun 4, 3:38=A0pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org>
wrote:
> If you want a fourth opinion, ask Peter T. Daniels - gramma...@verizon.ne=

looks like: Peter T. Daniels - gramma...@verizon.net

thanks but the email address is munged as it comes in here.
0
Robert

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01CB0442.09F78480

But he only has one opinion.

Terry Farrell

  "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message =
  If you want a fourth opinion, ask Peter T. Daniels - =
grammatim@verizon.net

  --=20
  Hope this helps.

  services on a paid consulting basis.

  "Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message=20
  =

  > On Jun 3, 6:31 pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
  >> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message
  >>
  >> =
  >>
  >> > ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
  >> > grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
  >>
  >> > everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, =
or
  >> > worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
  >>
  >> > anybody know of something very, very effective?
  >>
  >> Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
  >> bj
  >
  > LOL!
  >
  > Delay is tooooo long, plus when I ran it by 3 different English
  > 'experts' I got three different answers!!!=20

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01CB0442.09F78480

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">But he only has one=20
opinion.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Terry Farrell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org">dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:AA8912D0-AF39-43E2-BE1D-1C15EC5B90C8@microsoft.com">news:AA8=
912D0-AF39-43E2-BE1D-1C15EC5B90C8@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>If=20
  you want a fourth opinion, ask Peter T. Daniels - <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:grammatim@verizon.net">grammatim@verizon.net</A><BR><BR>--=
=20
  <BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Please reply to the newsgroup unless you =
wish to=20
  avail yourself of my<BR>services on a paid consulting =
basis.<BR><BR>Doug=20
  Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via =
msnews.microsoft.com<BR><BR>"Robert=20
  Macy" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:macy@california.com">macy@california.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:dda8debb-3835-4ec8-9ba8-c93239873327@x27g2000prf.googlegroup=
s.com">news:dda8debb-3835-4ec8-9ba8-c93239873327@x27g2000prf.googlegroups=
..com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  On Jun 3, 6:31 pm, "bj" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:bjone...@bellatlantic.net">bjone...@bellatlantic.net</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt; "Robert Macy" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:m...@california.com">m...@california.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in=20
  message<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroups=
..com">news:0c6a14a6-bee3-4a42-906e-edf6a1e25a3a@r5g2000yqr.googlegroups.c=
om</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt; ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, =
for<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt; grammatical accuracy and correct =
punctuation?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt; everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons,=20
  or<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which =
rarely=20
  apply.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; anybody know of something very, =
very=20
  effective?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Send a copy to your old high school =
English=20
  teacher!<BR>&gt;&gt; bj<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; LOL!<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Delay is =
tooooo=20
  long, plus when I ran it by 3 different English<BR>&gt; 'experts' I =
got three=20
  different answers!!! <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01CB0442.09F78480--

0
Terry
6/4/2010 10:59:59 PM
On Jun 4, 3:59=A0pm, "Terry Farrell" <terryfarr...@msn.com> wrote:
> But he only has one opinion.
>
> Terry Farrell

Yes, but if that opinion agrees with mine, I'll consider him a wise
source of enlightenment
0
Robert
6/4/2010 11:13:09 PM
You will find him in the docmanagement newsgroup.

--

> On Jun 4, 3:38 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org>
> wrote:
>> If you want a fourth opinion, ask Peter T. Daniels -
>> gramma...@verizon.net
>>

> looks like: Peter T. Daniels - gramma...@verizon.net
>

> thanks but the email address is munged as it comes in here.

0
Doug

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01CB049E.19787660

Good luck.

Terry

  On Jun 4, 3:59 pm, "Terry Farrell" <terryfarr...@msn.com> wrote:
  > But he only has one opinion.
  >
  > Terry Farrell

  Yes, but if that opinion agrees with mine, I'll consider him a wise
  source of enlightenment
------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01CB049E.19787660

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Good luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Terry</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Robert Macy" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:macy@california.com">macy@california.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:c3351bdd-2246-4005-8633-69831675a5b5@x27g2000prf.googlegroup=
s.com">news:c3351bdd-2246-4005-8633-69831675a5b5@x27g2000prf.googlegroups=
..com</A>...</DIV>On=20
  Jun 4, 3:59&nbsp;pm, "Terry Farrell" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:terryfarr...@msn.com">terryfarr...@msn.com</A>&gt; =
wrote:<BR>&gt;=20
  But he only has one opinion.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Terry =
Farrell<BR>&gt;<BR><BR>Yes,=20
  but if that opinion agrees with mine, I'll consider him a =
wise<BR>source of=20
  enlightenment</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01CB049E.19787660--

0
Terry

Document sizes slightly different

anyone experiencing graphics instability in Excel 2007
have written,(am writing) an Excel Spreadsheet Excel 2007 PC ver to track AFL (Australian) results and maintain a tipping comp. No probs with the database aspect but sometimes I get graphics, particularly activeX controls superimposed on not the sheet they reside. This will usually disappear by scroling the garbled cells of screen and back again. The only thig I have done differently in this to other workbooks I've createdI is rather extensive use of private Function()s The above problem is particularly prevalent after initial loading. ...

RE: How to know what tables are behind the Integration Manager
Is there a way to know what table is behind the integration point, say inventory -> Inventory Item ? I am using Integration Manager 8.0 and want to know what tables are involved in each integration. Is it possible ? Thanks. Bing Get to the Window that you want to integrate into and then go to Tools>Integration and then Table Import. This will show you the tables that are used to create this window. "Bnig Yu" wrote: > Is there a way to know what table is behind the integration point, say > inventory -> Inventory Item ? > > I am using Integration Manag...

sorting out duplicate data of slight variation
hi. in a school district volunteer effort, i have a need to sort out rows of data which are duplicates of other rows of data yet some fields contain different data. picture this: columns: first name, last name, address rows contain data like below: susan, smith, 1440 wallaby way joe, smith, 1440 wallaby way bart, smith, 200 kings court i need to keep susan or joe but not both. HELP! Hi Carl, You can use a filter, but I expect your initial goal is to identify them and chose one of them at the primary one to keep. Chip Pearson has a rather complete collection of dealing with duplicates. ...

Don't know how to synch my Sent Items folder w/web?
I just started using Outlook to manage my email for my work account. I used to log into a web portal to manage my email anywhere, which I liked. I'm trying to use Outlook, but still want to be able to access my emails from the web elsewhere if need be. I checked the box to leave my emails on the server, but I can't figure out how to get copies of my SENT messages to be saved on the email server. Is there a way I can get Outlook to sync up my Inbox AND my Sent Items folder whenever I click the "Send/Receive" button? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank yo...

slightly OT, but anyone know...
....of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation? everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply. anybody know of something very, very effective? Google turned up the following: http://www.yourdictionary.com/dictionary-articles/free-online-grammar.html http://spellcheckplus.com/ http://www.grammarly.com/?q=grammar&gclid=CLWSs9SThaICFQa0bwodgg1yFw -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yo...

OT: printing from command prompt
In DOS, I used to be able to list a directory to the printer by typing something like DIR >lpt1. Can anyone tell me if this is still possible from the XP command prompt and what the command would be to a USB001 printer? Thanks Bill Bill Lentz wrote: > In DOS, I used to be able to list a directory to the printer by typing > something like DIR >lpt1. Can anyone tell me if this is still > possible from the XP command prompt and what the command would be to a > USB001 printer? > > Thanks > Not sure about USB, but Window R (run), cmd.exe to get the command line, ...

OT: can norton 360 firewall limit rdp access by mac address?
can Norton 360 firewall limit rdp access by mac address? the windows firewall does not seem to be able to do so. Your router should be able to do that. To block access using mac address is always the work of hardware based firewall not software based firewall. I would not invest on any software based firewall especially if you have enabled Windows Firewall and you have effectively configured your router's firewall. this should be more than sufficient in my opinion. hth "MSDN newsgroup" <NoOne@allMailSunken.net> wrote in message news:OyONn%23MwKH...

Printer problem with linefeeds at beginning, slightly solved
Hello, at first I want to thank you answering my last problems. I think it's a device driver problem or a windows problem (tried W2k, WinXP, Editor, Wordpad, all the same). There seems to be bad data in the buffer when each print job starts, also after cold booting the pc and printer - so there's always bad data before printing. My question: Is it possible to erase the contents of the printer buffer? I think this could solve my problem. How can I erase the buffer? Thanks for your help, Guido Hello, I have an ESC command of the printer to initialize it: ESC @ But I don't know ...

OT Fixed my slow IE, and Spyware was the problem.
Hello to all, a few days back I posted here in the hopes of tapping some of the brain power here about my problems with IE, and for a link if there was one. Well I finally found out what it was, and the problem is very wide spread, and perhaps you or someone else might have been having these same problems, and so I thought since I have received so much help here in the past with my Excel problems and questions, I would return the kindness by posting the problem and fix for the problem that I encountered with my IE just in case somebody else is having the same symptoms. Tracking this down was...

I am interested in knowing some of your favorite Excel Add-ins
Hello - I have been too cheap to buy any excel add-ins or plug-ins, and then recently I downloaded one (i.e., the PUP v6 toolbar), and realized that it was worth much more than the $40 price tag. I would be interested to hear some of your favorite add-ins (either free or purchased) and why you find them to be valuable. It would also be helpful to have the link to where they can be found. Thanks! - M If you regularly write really complex formulas this add-in has some very useful functions: Morefunc - free download: http://xcell05.free.fr/english/ If you find yourself searching the inter...

Anyone try running 1.3 on windows 2000 professional?
Understand that RMS SO 1.3 requires Win XP at least. Anyone tried running it on windows 2000 professional for the POS terminal? If yes, any problems so far? Thanks. P.S. I have 9 lanes running Win 2k pro, hate to upgrade to Win XP pro just to upgrade to 1.3. Raymond Currently the 1.3 installer prevents the upgrade on Win2k. I say currently because it's a distinct possiblity this may change with 1.3 SP1. R. "Raymond Cheok" <raymondcheok@fareastflora.com> wrote in message news:C0474BB9.15BA6%raymondcheok@fareastflora.com... > Understand that RMS SO 1.3 requires Wi...

Slightly OT.... Webshield is allowing SPAM
All, We are running Exchange 5.5 (SP4) on an NT4 server (sp6a), mail delivered by SMTP. I have installed webshield 4.5 MR1a on the same server and set the IMS to run on port 26 by modifying the services file. All has been fine for a week or so, but suddenly we are deluged with SPAM messages, up to nearly 1000 per hour. The result of which is Exchange cant cope and even "real" messages never arrive in the users inboxes, even though if I send an email from an external address with a delivery receipt, exchange sends back a delivery receipt correctly. I enabled anti spam in Webshiel...

Can it do this? Don't know what its called!
Hi All Im new to excel and was wondering about the following: In one of the columns i have to put the same information except for the number at the end, eg example1, example2, example3 etc. Is there something on excel that will add what i want with the number from 1-1000? Even if it put a space that i could later remove would help. Thanks -- noidea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ noidea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562504 ...

Anyone satisfied with M05?
Hi, Hearing many of the negative comments about M05, is there anyone who is using it and is satisfied with it? Please let us know. -- John I am satisfied completely. No problems. Jerry On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:28:01 -0400, "John G. Ata" <John@TheAtas.org-spamguard> wrote: >Hi, > >Hearing many of the negative comments about M05, is there anyone who is >using it and is satisfied with it? Please let us know. > >-- John > Thanks very much Jerry... are you a new user or were you a previous Money user? Thanks again... -- John "Jerry Hughes&...

Slight change to Script!
Any help with this would be appreciated.......Bob Private Sub cmdClose_Click() If IsNull(Me.subHorseDetailsChild.Form.OwnerID) Then If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo End If '****** I want the form not to save if OwnerPercentage is 0%******* If IsNull(Me.subHorseDetailsChild.Form.OwnerPercentage) Then If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo End If If IsNull(Me.subHorseDetailsChild.Form.OwnerID) Or _ (IsNull(tbName) And IsNull(cbFatherName)) Then If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo End If End If End If End If DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name End Sub On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:08:43 ...

Can anyone tell me how to do it in Dexterity
Can anyone tell me how to do it in Dexterity I want to fill lookup window that contains vendor. Record should display in scrolling window of Vendor ID that contains '-' Example: Vendor-91 Vendor-92 Vendor-93 Vendor1 Vendor2 Vendor3 I just need vendors that contains'-' Kindly assist me to do it. Thanks RSN 1 ) Create a table for temporary storage, containg the fields you want to display in the scrolling window. 2 ) On window pre event fill the tamporay table with the values you want to display (containg '-' in vendor id) in the scrolling windo. 3 ) Attach th...

Slightly OT: Anybody programmatically burn CDs/DVDs from Win32 code...?
Does XP offer the ability to do so? Are there 3rd party controls/APIs/tools for doing this? I'd like to add the ability to burn data to disc to our product and I was wondering what people on this list have done successfully. Thanks, WTH XP has some support for this (ICDBurn interface). XP has a directory (staging area) for each user where you place the files to be burned. The default path to the staging area is "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning". You can get the path to the staging area by calling SHGetFolderLocation ...

Anyone developed an Excel sheet for Cost of Quality? #2

OT: Hiding the taskbar
//Hide desktop icons ShowWindow( FindWindow( "progman", NULL ), SW_HIDE ); //Hide Taskbar start button ShowWindow( FindWindow( "Shell_TrayWnd", NULL ), SW_HIDE ); //Hide Taskbar ShowWindow( FindWindow( "Shell_traywnd", NULL ), SW_HIDE ); Out of curiosity, I've code in a VB app (I wrote for some VB devs at work) that makes these same calls and works successfully. When my MFC/C++ application calls a function in a DLL which makes the same calls, the three items in question hide for an instant and then reappear. I'm not much of a UI guy, so I was wondering...

LTGRAY brush slightly out when double buffering
I am double buffering drawing to dialog application which has some static text and sliders. I start off by filling the whole thing with the LTGRAY brush but this is slightly different to the color that the slider and the static text use. I am using win2000. When I run it under win98 then it is ok I would like to have them all the same gray color as now it looks stupid. CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting //CClientDC dc(this); CDC memoryDC; //for double buffering memoryDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap memoryBitmap; memoryBitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc,rect.Wi...

Anyone having bufferoverun errors with inetinfo.exe?
At least once or twice a day a visual c++ error box pops up stating a buffer overrun was detected and it shuts down inetinfo.exe. running iisreset restores functionality - for a while The only web app running on this box is CRM 3.0 This has started in the past week or so.... Anyone else see this or have a solution? Bernie Walker. Yes Bernie, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm running a Small Biz Server 2003 with 3 gigs of ram (which it was mentioned to up the ram somewhere else). There are only 3 users, and the only other things that are running are Exchange & SQL - I h...

i dont know how to use this
how can i send messages?? "CLAUDIA" <lozano_claudia2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:34076C9B-7196-47CB-9104-B365D0D43A93@microsoft.com... > how can i send messages?? Well this one got through, so what is the real problem? Crystal Ball Sez?: Here is the trick that may be needed, to set up the Hotmail account in WM & WLM. Start with a new account setup and use username@sgb.com for example. Setup the account with the correct server, port and SSL settings, (below), save it, ignore errors, then go back and enter the correct email address an...

!!Do you know??!?!?
how can i get outlook to lie inbetween months everytime it opens? thanks in advance laura... :) ...

OT, slightly
Has anyone had *any* success at all using Spb Finance with MS Money 2006? I thought I'd use it until MS gets their act together and publishes MS Money 2006 for the HPC (PDA, whatever you want to call it). I cannot get Spb to sync with Money 2006 on my computer via ActiveSync. I have let it sit for over **two** hours with Task Manager showing more than 28Mb of data being transferred as Spb was "syncing" to MyMoney file. The Spb documentation says this "could take some time"!!! Over two hours?! C'mon folks. I finally gave up and aborted the operation, whic...