Single Label

Using Windows  and Office 2007

I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
specific row and column.  When I type that information in the address box,
how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and  a specific style and
size?  The only way  to do that seems to be to select new document and view
the gridlines so that I can  find the specific row and column.  Then I can
type the text and format it.

Is there any way to format the label text from the single label option??

0
BK

After typing the address information, select it all and then right-click.
You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and format it that way.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

BK wrote:
> Using Windows  and Office 2007
>
> I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
> specific row and column.  When I type that information in the address
> box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and  a specific
> style and size?  The only way  to do that seems to be to select new
> document and view the gridlines so that I can  find the specific row
> and column.  Then I can type the text and format it.
>
> Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
> option??

0
Jay
1/14/2010 4:50:16 PM
Thanks so much for the information.  I wish I could remember to right click
everything before I ask a question.  <grin>

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> After typing the address information, select it all and then right-click.
> You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and format it that way.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so all may benefit.
>
> BK wrote:
>> Using Windows  and Office 2007
>>
>> I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
>> specific row and column.  When I type that information in the address
>> box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and  a specific
>> style and size?  The only way  to do that seems to be to select new
>> document and view the gridlines so that I can  find the specific row
>> and column.  Then I can type the text and format it.
>>
>> Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
>> option??

0
BK
1/14/2010 6:45:13 PM
Here is another question:  I am not typing an address on an address lable.
I'm typing a name on a name tag and would like it centered.  Didn't find
that option in either the font or the paragraph options, so I tried CTRL + E
and it didn't work.  Am I just missing something again????

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> After typing the address information, select it all and then right-click.
> You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and format it that way.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so all may benefit.
>
> BK wrote:
>> Using Windows  and Office 2007
>>
>> I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
>> specific row and column.  When I type that information in the address
>> box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and  a specific
>> style and size?  The only way  to do that seems to be to select new
>> document and view the gridlines so that I can  find the specific row
>> and column.  Then I can type the text and format it.
>>
>> Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
>> option??

0
BK
1/14/2010 6:56:08 PM
Yes, it's unfortunate that the keyboard shortcuts don't work in that dialog.

Choose the Paragraph dialog from the right-click menu, and set the Alignment
dropdown to Center.

BK wrote:
> Here is another question:  I am not typing an address on an address
> lable. I'm typing a name on a name tag and would like it centered. Didn't
> find that option in either the font or the paragraph options,
> so I tried CTRL + E and it didn't work.  Am I just missing something
> again????
>
> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> After typing the address information, select it all and then
>> right-click. You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and
>> format it that way. --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> BK wrote:
>>> Using Windows  and Office 2007
>>>
>>> I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in
>>> a specific row and column.  When I type that information in the
>>> address box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and  a
>>> specific style and size?  The only way  to do that seems to be to
>>> select new document and view the gridlines so that I can  find the
>>> specific row and column.  Then I can type the text and format it.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
>>> option??

0
Jay
1/14/2010 7:37:52 PM
Duh!!  Thanks so much.  I must have been blind when looking at this.  <grin>

> Yes, it's unfortunate that the keyboard shortcuts don't work in that
> dialog.
>
> Choose the Paragraph dialog from the right-click menu, and set the
> Alignment dropdown to Center.
>
> BK wrote:
>> Here is another question:  I am not typing an address on an address
>> lable. I'm typing a name on a name tag and would like it centered. Didn't
>> find that option in either the font or the paragraph options,
>> so I tried CTRL + E and it didn't work.  Am I just missing something
>> again????
>>
>> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> After typing the address information, select it all and then
>>> right-click. You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and
>>> format it that way. --
>>> Regards,
>>> Jay Freedman
>>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>>> newsgroup so all may benefit.

0
BK

Save a single worksheet in Excel as a single file.
I have multipe worksheets in a single workbook. I would like to be able to save each worksheet individually. I want to send each worksheet to an individual, I do not want to send the entire workbook. All information must be retained in the one workbook, but as the individual worksheets are updated, the individual worksheet needs to be saved and sent to that individual. Help anyone? Thanks. Linda you can probably find the answer here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dakota" <Dakota@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How do I change the text on each label? I dont want the same info.
I want to print labels 6 per page; however, I want to control whats on each label. Only one label appears on screen at one time. How do I get all the labels to appear on the screen prior to printing so I can modify each one. You will have to setup your page manually. Take a look at the margins and gaps when you select your preferred label. Using these dimensions -- for example, label 5164 -- Arrange, Layout guides, type .16 left & right, .5 top and bottom, grid guides, 2 columns .19 spacing, 3 rows, zero spacing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "CCU" <CCU@disc...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

FRx row format account labels
Hello: When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of Accounts" and so forth, how does FRx determine the name of the account to place within the row? What I'm getting at is that a row format that is based on the natural account segment can represent several accounts--for example, an account that represents several departments--can be "divided" into different departments based on the segment of the account. So, for an account that has as many as ten departments, how does FRx determine the name for the account. The account description ...

Label - Mail Merge
I have a data source of 100 rows. My word document - label format - contains 4 rows each page. When I do the mail merge; each label sytax reads as follows: «Next Record»«CUSTOMER_NAME» «CONTACT_DETAILS» For some reason, the merged data that comes repeats itself.. If the 1st page has row 1, 2, 3 and 4... then the 2nd page has rows 2, 3, 4 and 5... the 3rd page has rows 3, 4, 5 and 6... I dont want it this way.. I want the labels to continue the sequence... 1st page - rows 1, 2, 3 and 4 2nd page - rows 5,6,7 and 8 and so on.. I tried usi...

rpc-https on Single server
Hi, I am enabling rpc over https on single exchange server, which is also a DC and GC. After installing rpc proxy component on Windows Server 2003, I used ESM to enable rpc-http for Back-End server. Upon doing so, I got a dialog box complaining there is no Front-End server in my environment. However, the rpc-http for Back-End option is still selected. When I open outlook 2003 which is configured to use rpc-http, the connection status still use TCP/IP. I checked the rpcProxy ports in registry, all entries are defined correctly. Do I miss out any important steps or any websites I can refe...

skip blank labels on first page only
I have the following code which I found in another post and it is working great! The only problem I have is that if I skip blank labels, it skips those labels on each page. I am using an 8 label per page set up. If I need to skip the first 2 and print 12, how do I only skip 2 on the first page of labels? Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me! Option Compare Database '********************************************************* 'Declarations section of the module. '********************************************************** Option Explicit Dim LabelBlanks& Dim Lab...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

Single record
Is it possible to print a single record per page? I have a spreadshee with 240 records and I want to be able to print a single record pe page, preferably with the column headings vertically down the side. have only a short time (about 20 hrs) to acheive this. : -- zigeune ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zigeuner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2752 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47047 How about a small macro to get you started: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim w...

PT Maintain Group Label
When I have no data for a group, the group becomes invisible and th group label loses its name. For instance: Group MM becomes group1. Thi table is run against an OLAP cube and I understand that this is standar behavior. Does anyone know how to maintain the label name -- Steele ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steeler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27664 ...

Label Printing
I create about 500 new items per week. I enter items in HQ, do WS250, go to each site (2 stores), then print out labels on 5160 sheet lables from inkjet. I also have several items each week that lose price tags and I need to painfully print labels for them one by one. This is such an inefficient process and I am looking for a better way. 1. What do people use to print price tags that you print barcode/prices directly on, instead of using labels? 2. Is there a way to print labels/tags from HQ instead of going to each site? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_0...

Two accounts same machine share a single pst file
I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. I would like to have both accounts point to a single pst so that I don't have to use my pda to synch between the two. Any suggestions? John What you mean by "accounts" is not clear. Assuming you mean Internet Mail accounts, just setup both accounts in the same profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dsfds" <dsaf> wrote in message news:422d7b17$0$6967$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. >I > would like...

Axis labelling
When i make a chart and label the x axis (ex: temperature) when it shows up i can only see half of the word (ex: tempera) i cannont extend the text box, and when i copy my chart to word i still cannont see the whole x axis label. Could someone please help me resolve my problem, i am using office xp 2003 thanks have you tried clicking on the text box which is the axis label an enlarging it (grab a corner and drag) -- duan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1162 View thi...

is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook?
is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook? as i have got over 500 cells with vlookup in a single sheet, with more than 50 sheets in a workbook. Thank you!! Shift+F9 will calculate only the active sheet. From the XL Help for XL2003: ----- Press F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and formulas dependent on them, in all open workbooks. If a workbook is set for automatic calculation, you do not need to press F9 for calculation. Press SHIFT+F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and fo...

Route all emails to a single SMTP address ?
Hi, Due to severe issue on my BE server, I'm looking for a quick way to redirect all the mails supposed to go to this server to a specific SMTP recipient, whoever was the original recipient. Thanks, Chris On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:32:52 +0100, "Chris" <tophe_news@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Due to severe issue on my BE server, I'm looking for a quick way to redirect >all the mails supposed to go to this server to a specific SMTP recipient, >whoever was the original recipient. > >Thanks, >Chris > > if your BE is up the creek then you hav...

single instance YET ...
Hi, I wish to have my MDI based MFC application to be single instance. Let's assume I use the unique class name method. When my application starts, I check to see if there's already an instance running. If so, I set focus to active instance and terminate. But now I wish this: When a second instance is started with command line parameters, I wish to terminate that instance, but pass the command line parameters to the first instance (a file name, so that it can be openend as another document inside my MDI application). How do I pass this info? Is it possible to pass this via a window...

Jewelry Label-POS 2009
I need to print 2-up jewelry barbell type labels in MS POS 2009. There is no template for it. Is there a place to download templates that work in POS 2009? If there is no place to download a template, would anyone know how to create that label type in MS POS 2009? I know how to create other label types...the basic label create functions...it's just the 2-up barbell that I am having trouble with. I have been working on this for days, and cannot find a solution. Their pre-loaded label templates are few. Thanks in advance for any and all help or suggestions. EggHeadCafe - Software D...

OLXP AutoComplete: How to Delete Single Entry
Q289975 mentions "changing" a single entry, but not deleting it. Posts to this list on the same subject mention how to delete entries from the AutoComplete list, but those suggestions will not work to remove a single entry from the cache. Can anyone suggest a procedure to remove a single entry from the AutoComplete list that actually works? OLXP AutoComplete caches resolved addresses into the <profilename>.NK2 file. Deleting the NK2 file removes single instances but that is a rather extreme solution to the problem. Is there an editor that one can use to edit the NK2 file to re...

Printing UPC Labels
Is anyone using Dynamics GP to print UPC labels for items per order? If so, what method do you use? Can Dynamics do this directly, or do you use a 3rd party program? -- Randy Garcia IT Manager La Verne Nursery, Inc I could be wrong, but I believe all you need is the correct UPC font. When you create reports, just use the UPC font to display the UPC code. I know for a fact you can use this in Crystal Reports, but not exactly sure about Report Writer "Randy" wrote: > Is anyone using Dynamics GP to print UPC labels for items per order? If so, > what method do you us...

RPC HTTP Single Exchange Server / Seperate DC GC Server
Just a post that may help others trying to achieve the same objective. Single Exchange 2003 SP1 server (no front end server), seperate Domain Controllers (2003, no SP1) Clients, XP SP1 / SP2, O2 XDA via HTTPS There are many thorough Microsoft documents, but as many have found they expect either a single server that hosts all Exchange / AD roles, or a FE/BE setup. What is not easily catered for (at least in SP1) is having a dedicated Exchange server and having AD on dedicated servers (a recommended configuration). I found all the pieces of the puzzle from either the Microsoft Exchange Libra...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

Y-Axis Label Incomplete
I've had this problem with several versions of Excel on several computers, but only noticed the problem recently. I am currently using Excel 2003 with Windows XP. When I create a chart in Excel, and use the Chart Options to name the x- and y-axes, the last half of the y- axis title is usually cut off. It doesn't seem to matter how many characters are in the title--I've had a 2- character axis title get "truncated". Although I am able to reposition the text box containing the axis title, I am not able to resize it. Is this a known glitch? Is there some way of...

Single Mailbox Restore, SINGLE server! Exchange 5.5
Hi all I have a 3 server 5.5 organisation. (all 3 servers in different sites connected via a WAN) I do not have a spare server. I realise this is the way to go... but I cant do it this way so if anybody can offer any help? I have a good backup (entire mailbox store NOT individual mailboxes) from Friday night. Today is Monday night. (Veritas Backup Exec 9) I deleted a mailbox accidentialy today. Its gone! - If I restore the server using Firdays backup, It will re-appear I imagine. BUT when all the transaction logs get procesed from them until the time I begin the restore, will the ma...

What template do I use for Avery label 8395 in publisher
Label 5895 in page setup, it is the same size as 8395 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "suzannett" <suzannett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08305733-E0E2-4954-B425-E4B2CCE44626@microsoft.com... > ...

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit
This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check numbers in a single deposit? The deposit consists of a couple checks from my primary checking account which I'm depositing, along with some cash, as a single deposit transcation in a different checking account. Using MS Money Deluxe 2003. - sph In microsoft.public.money, hodgdon wrote: >This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I >can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check >numbers in a single deposit? > >The deposit consist...