save as

In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save the
same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as" button.
Help!

Is your Office Button (the "orb" in the top left corner) still blinking
because you haven't yet discovered it? Click on it to display a menu; that's
where you'll find Save As;
--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save
> the
> same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as"
> button.
> Help!

0
Suzanne
6/1/2010 11:26:33 PM
That big round thing in the upper left corner isn't just a decoration.
It's called the "Office button", and it serves the same purpose as the
old File menu (which appears again in Word 2010, admitting Microsoft's
mistake). Click it to open a menu with such things as Open, Save As,
and Print.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:06:01 -0700, Tracy
<Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save the
>same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as" button.
>Help!
0
Jay
6/1/2010 11:42:21 PM
You may find the macros at http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm
useful, These can easily be adapted to save the document either to different
locations or as different file types (or both). If you cannot figure it out,
post back what you need.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save
> the
> same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as"
> button.
> Help!

0
Graham
6/2/2010 5:33:55 AM
Curious how the mind works. After getting used to the Office button in 2007,
I found myself wishing they had not changed it back to 'file' in Word 2010
<LOL>

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> That big round thing in the upper left corner isn't just a decoration.
> It's called the "Office button", and it serves the same purpose as the
> old File menu (which appears again in Word 2010, admitting Microsoft's
> mistake). Click it to open a menu with such things as Open, Save As,
> and Print.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>

> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:06:01 -0700, Tracy
> <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save
>>the
>>same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as"
>>button.
>>Help!

0
Graham
6/2/2010 5:35:29 AM
They do say that keeping the brain active helps keep it healthy -- and
changing up the s/w is MS's way of doing that for us. :-)
bj

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Curious how the mind works. After getting used to the Office button in
> 2007, I found myself wishing they had not changed it back to 'file' in
> Word 2010 <LOL>

0
bj
6/2/2010 2:49:25 PM
In article <P5GdnZBxSfUc7pvRnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@giganews.com>,
   bj <bjones44@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> They do say that keeping the brain active helps keep it healthy -- and
> changing up the s/w is MS's way of doing that for us. :-)
> bj

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> > Curious how the mind works. After getting used to the Office button in
> > 2007, I found myself wishing they had not changed it back to 'file' in
> > Word 2010 <LOL>

Nope! being a total cynic, MS only change things to annoy the users...
For example when bringing out a New OS they have to change things we've
taken time to learn, just to make the UI less user friendly.

Once a GUI was a joy to use, now it has become a PITA, all style over
substance, and where each new version is changed to make things a bit less
user friendly.

The same applies to many applications.

But then I'm a cynic... ;-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0
"Dave Symes" <dave@triffid.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <P5GdnZBxSfUc7pvRnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>   bj <bjones44@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>> They do say that keeping the brain active helps keep it healthy -- and
>> changing up the s/w is MS's way of doing that for us. :-)
>> bj
>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> > Curious how the mind works. After getting used to the Office button in
>> > 2007, I found myself wishing they had not changed it back to 'file' in
>> > Word 2010 <LOL>
>> >

> Nope! being a total cynic, MS only change things to annoy the users...
> For example when bringing out a New OS they have to change things we've
> taken time to learn, just to make the UI less user friendly.
>
> Once a GUI was a joy to use, now it has become a PITA, all style over
> substance, and where each new version is changed to make things a bit less
> user friendly.
>
> The same applies to many applications.
>
> But then I'm a cynic... ;-)
>
> Dave

and then so am I....
But then, computers isn't the only thing that when they trumpet "We've
improved it!!!!!" it means "Watch out, they've ruined it (and probably taken
away the features you liked best....)" :-(
bj

0
bj

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Daylight Savings Time #2

Save csv format to dbf format

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....

Transfer from Checking into Savings account...
OK all, Now I'm really confused. I'm using M05 Deluxe and I set up an ING Direct savings account. I transfered $20.00 into the ING account from checking but when I look at the ING savings account register, it shows a poitive Decrease of 20.00 and a balance of (20.00). As if I owe 20.00 to ING. However, when I click on the Home tab, it shows that ING has a positive amount of $20.00. What gives? Am I doing something wrong or is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks, Steve Essential Register and/or downloaded transaction data? What type of Money Account is the ING Savings ...

Save All...
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP2 Hi, Is there a way to do a Save All (all opened files) in a similar fashion as clicking Shift|File|Close All ? Failing that, any macros out there I could use? Thanks a million! Here is one I use to save and close all opened files including the file housing the macro and leaving excel. Sub CLOSE_ALL() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each w In Application.Workbooks If w.Name <> ThisWorkbook.Name Then w.Save w.Close ' w.Close SaveChanges:=True 'MsgBox w.Name End If Next w ThisWorkbook.Save Applicati...

daylight savings #2
It may be daylight savings. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338 ...

Saving spell-check results in Excel
Each month I have to check spelling in Excel (~7000 items). They contain the same spelling errors. Is there a way of saving the spell check so that I don't have to start from scratch each time? Are you saying that you have 7000 misspelled words that need to be corrected? Or are you saying that you have 7000 words that excel flags as misspelled? If the words are flagged in error (for your jargon), then couldn't you just add those words to your custom dictionary? Excel (and other office applications) will include your custom dictionary and not flag them anymore. If the words are act...

cannot save
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C95C58.03E0EE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden I can no longer save Excel 2007 files. It crashes and = tells me that I need to download an update. When I try to update I get = error number:0x8DDD0002. This is new. Help? --=20 Rick Wolfe Malaspina Coach Lines ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C95C58.03E0EE80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-...

Save password under send/recive action
I have 3 email acounts. En when checking for new mail, the send recive box apears, and want me to chose outlook to remenber my password. I chose yes, but i get the same question everytime under send/recive. Outlook wont remember my password to my email acounts allthough i choose it to do so.... I have outlook 2002 and win. XP PLEASE HELT ANYONE !!! Thanx.. ...

Save As versus Save
I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers. They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with their information. How do I force them to use the "Save As" command versus the "Save"? "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C8BDF0-17D1-4341-AD36-FF5CC9C7B36C@microsoft.com... > I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers. > They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with > their > information. How do I force ...