ruler in inches

My ruler has centimeters.  How do I change to inches please?
http://mcatprep.yolasite.com/

Whether they are centimeters or character units, see the following page of
fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"k" <mcatest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My ruler has centimeters.  How do I change to inches please?
> http://mcatprep.yolasite.com/

0
Doug

Make rulers available in excel!
This is a quote from Office Excel Help, "Unlike Microsoft Word, Excel does not provide a horizontal or vertical ruler, and there is no quick way to measure the width or height of a worksheet in inches." Well, why not? (Just the fact that it is written so clearly in Excel Help means I am not the only one to look for it. Make rulers available in ALL office apps, not just Word. Getting columns and rows to fit correctly on a page is important. It shouldn't be a chore. Just make the rulers available so we can see what we are doing without having to go into and out of page...

Ruler Increments
I need the ruler to measure in 16ths of an inch instead of the default of 8ths. Is this possible? I know I can change the unit of measurement or I can make it not snap to grid, but that's not what I need to do. Heather Crowe <Heather Crowe@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need the ruler to measure in 16ths of an inch instead of the > default of 8ths. Is this possible? I know I can change the unit of > measurement or I can make it not snap to grid, but that's not what I > need to do. The ruler measures in whatever it can reliably sho...

centimetres to inches
can anyone tell me how to change from centimetres to inches when i dra a box in excel? in Word you can simply change it under Options bu where oh where is it in excel? PLEASE! :eek -- aladdi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aladdin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2692 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40150 If u are looking for a function then try =CONVERT(number,from_unit,to_unit). From and to units in inverted comas("). Hope u r looking for this. Itty -- itty ...

Reset the ruler
Using Publisher 2002 and XP. How may I change the ruler settings to inches and ensure that this change becomes the default? At present whenever I've reset to inches and carry out a task in another prog or switch off, when I return to publisher, the rulers are back in metric. Help. Look in the Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel to be certain you have the US selected. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John" <non_such@blueTONyonder.cNEo.uk> wrote in message news:q9ggf0dm9d85hcmi94i541...

is there a macro that will convert from inches to feet and inches
I need to work and calculate in feet and inches, sometimes converting from inches to feet and inches and back again. Is there any function or macro I could use to accomplish this?? Be sure the Analysis Toolpak is installed (Tools>Add-ins), then look up the CONVERT() funtion in the help file "cable guy" wrote: > I need to work and calculate in feet and inches, sometimes converting from > inches to feet and inches and back again. Is there any function or macro I > could use to accomplish this?? ...

rulers
I am trying to create a form on Excel (office 2000) putting all the fields on it from a paper form I have to copy from. I was just wondering if there are any rulers in the program to use so I can more accurately place my fields. The way I have been doing it is to make all the cells on the sheet just one character in widith to start out with and then merge cells to create the fields and put in the text I need. Ross Ross Excel has no rulers feature. Trial and error/hit and miss. OR build a Template that replicates the form. Then just fill in the appropriate data cells and print. ...

Feet and Inches #3
I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that I could convert to just inches, but I'd really rather not if it can be avoided. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.1.5. Tom, You can convert inches to feet/inches with the following formula: =INT(F18/12) & "' " & MOD(F18,12) & """" -- Regards, Eddie http://www.HelpExcel.com "HighJumpTom" wrote: > I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that > I could convert to just inches, but I'd really...

ruler in inches
My ruler has centimeters. How do I change to inches please? -- K http://mcatprep.yolasite.com/ Whether they are centimeters or character units, see the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "k" <mcatest@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:53AF0BA5-57E2-407E-B5C2-47175BC9806F@microsoft.com... > My ...

Scale/Ruler displays incorrectly
I have a simple drawing, 1:1 scale, inches, nothing fancy. The kind you get by pressing the "new" button and not changing anything. I'd like to have 100% zoom display as actual size (1 in on screen = 1 in on diagram). However, 100% zoom appears to be displaying closer to a 114% factor. I know Photoshop has a way to tell it what your screen DPI is. Is there a way to fix this problem in Visio? Thanks! Carlos ...

Displaying a ruler
Is there a ruler to display in Microsoft Office Onenote? If you think of a ruler similar to the one in Word, then no. However, you can have ruled lines if you go to Format > Rule Lines and then select a style for ruled lines. I hope this helps. "stutz123" wrote: > Is there a ruler to display in Microsoft Office Onenote? ...

Scrollview with Rulers
Hi all, I need to develop a CScrollview derived class with rulers. Does anybody have an idea of how to do it or does anybody have a sample application ? which would be very helpful. Thanx in advance thanvir thanvir, You might want to experiment with two dialog bars docked to the left- and top side of the frame respectively - as you will probably not want the scrollbars to move the rulers as well :-))) I did a project with a ruler here: http://www.codeproject.com/richedit/rulerricheditctrl.asp where you will find an implementation of a window and a ruler that might be of some guidance to ...

Markers on the ruler
In Publisher 2000, whenever I placed a picture or text box, there were small black lines just inside the rulers that moved with the picture or text box, showing me the exact placement. I now have Publisher 2003, and it doesn't seem to have this feature. I'm hoping that it is available, but I just haven't figured out how to "turn it on" yet. llm wrote: > In Publisher 2000, whenever I placed a picture or text > box, there were small black lines just inside the rulers > that moved with the picture or text box, showing me the > exact placement. I now have Pub...

resetting ruler
I want to set my ruler by 1/8 inches--like an architect's or landscape designer's ruler. I.e., I want to view the units as 1/8 of an inch. CAn I do that? Charley My rulers are already marked in .125 increments. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "macmartin@igc.org" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b0b01c4afaf$2341a9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want to set my ruler by 1/8 inches--like an architect's > or landscape designer's ruler. I.e., I want to view the > units as 1/8 of an inch. CAn I do that? > > Charl...

cm to inch conversion
How, do you change the margins from cms to inches through the page set up or any other set up in Excel Look up CONVERT in Help, lots of variations on conversion. In your case =CONVERT(H7,"cm","in") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aa801c3a082$8bf3cff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How, do you change the margins from cms to inches through > the page set up or any other set up in Excel LOL, you did wha...

How to display ruler and its indentation (tab) marks in Outlook?
I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without having Word)? I would like to move some tab/indentation marks (not sure what those graphics are called)? "rlpmjp" <rlpmjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B6F332-9182-4196-A552-248BCB0D08FD@microsoft.com... > I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor > as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without > having Word)? ...

tab formatting on ruler
When creating a document and I set my margins and tab the stylus (or whatever that pointer thing is called) lines up perfectly with the marks on the ruler. After saving document and then I go back to edit the document, when I try to move the stylus, it does not line up with the mark. It is either a little before the number of a little after. If I hold down the Alt key and move the stylus it moves in small increments and I can line it up. Any idea why this does this and how I can fix it. It is very time consuming to have to do this. Thank.s If you are trying to use t...

Changing ruler increments?
Is there a way to change the ruler increments, thereby changing the snap to increments or does it just default to the 16th of an inch only? I'm trying to make all text carrying boxes the same size and can come close but can't snap them into the same size. It's really close enough but I was just wondering if I can make the snaps and nudge increments smaller than they ar Thanks Hi Catt (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to change the ruler increments, thereby changing the || snap to increments or does it just default to the 16th...

Rulers in word 2007
I've just installed office 2007 professional. I cannot get the rulers to display in word 2007. I've told them to display in word options and by clicking the thingy at the top of the vertical scroll bar. I've checked the ruler box in the show/hide tab on the ribbon. I am in page layout view. I've watched the demos and read all the pages relating to them in the online help files. They just refuse to display. Thanks for any help, Jim "JimB" wrote: > I've just installed office 2007 professional. I cannot get the rulers to > display in word 20...

I would like to insert a ruler across the top and side of my scree
This seems like it should be simple but I can't find it Barb, There isn't one. You could make one with the Drawing toolbar. If it's linear measurement (such as inches or cm), you're interested in, a ruler would apply only to printing, not the screen, since the screen can be zoomed up or down, different size monitors can be used, and the monitor resolution changed, all affecting the physical size of the stuff displayed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Barb33949" <Barb33949@discussio...

ruler & scale
Hi, Can I set the ruler to start at a specicif measurement in x amount of intervals. Eg. i want the ruler to be from 0-22-44-66-88. So the intervals must be 22. IS this possible? Also can i start the ruler at 418 and also increase intervals of 22. That means the ability to start at any number which is divisble by 22. Thanku Already answered in microsoft.public.visio.developer - Chris "jess" <jessnair@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:en5axca1FHA.1564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can I set the ruler to start at a specicif measurement in x amount of >...

Can't move the ruler
I have tried the directions in Help...change the curser and drag, but that doesn't seem to work. I know I have done it in eariler versions. All I get is a line with no ruler???? Thanks, Carole MS Pub 2003 Win XP Home Dell Inspiron 5100 Lots of disk space 1G ram All updates current Hold shift..and drag. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carole" <ckhelmig@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:qEald.1954$G36.129@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have tried the directions in Help...chang...

Need MFC Rulers
I have the need to some simple rulers (horizontally and vertically) for my application. One thing that is a bit non-standard is that I need to have the rulers scroll with the view. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm Jonathan Wood wrote: > I have the need to some simple rulers (horizontally and vertically) for my > application. One thing that is a bit non-standard is that I need to have the > rulers scroll with the view. > > Can anyone ...

reset ruler origin-can't dbl click
Apparently, when using horz and vertical rulers together, dbl clicking on the sqaure where they meet is suppose to return them to zero. It doesn't so I've tried dbl clicking and SHIFT, and CTRL, and ALT. Can't make it happen. No prob w/Publisher 2002, but 2003 won't work. I'm trying to measure different rectangles on one page and need to start with zero with each to know their size. W2000 driving me nuts. Thanks in advance. Richard ...

Keyboard shortcuts & resetting ruler zero points
I recently moved to Visio '07 from 2000, and I find that many of the keyboard shortcuts available in the older version appear to be missing. For instance F8 used to call up the Align Shapes dialog. Are they no longer used, or might there be an "add-on" to the app that has the shortcuts or allows them to be set? Also, is there a way to reset the zero points on the rulers or are these points fixed? Thanks -- Ron On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:35:03 -0700, RonDay <RonDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently moved to Visio '07 from 2000, and I find that many o...

Ruler in Publisher 2007
The horizontal and verticular rulers (set to display inches) are not properly proportioned. A business card that is 3.5 x 2 inches appears to be a perfect square and prints that way. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. I am using a business card sent to me by another Publisher 2007 user. When she printw them, they were correct. When I print them, they are too large. You probably need to re-set your page. Are there 10 cards per sheet? File, Page setup, Advanced (on the right), Page Layout, Multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jannise" <Jannis...