Posting word file as ectension by Tbird

My default mail client is Mozilla Thunderbird.
If I attempt to send a file from Word (2007) as attachment T'bird just
opens with no new email with attachment window. It works fine with Wordpad
and Publisher. Is there a known problem with Word/Thunderbird?

I have tried T'bird in Safe Mode to exclude extension problems.
It works OK with Outlook and Seamonkey, but then they are not my mail
clients.
--
Jim S
        Tyneside UK

What do you see in the Registry under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail?

For Thunderbird to be used, you should see

(Default)    REG_SZ    Mozilla Thunderbird

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Jim S" <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in message
> My default mail client is Mozilla Thunderbird.
> If I attempt to send a file from Word (2007) as attachment T'bird just
> opens with no new email with attachment window. It works fine with Wordpad
> and Publisher. Is there a known problem with Word/Thunderbird?
>
> I have tried T'bird in Safe Mode to exclude extension problems.
> It works OK with Outlook and Seamonkey, but then they are not my mail
> clients.
> --
> Jim S
>        Tyneside UK
>     www.jimscott.co.uk

0
Doug
6/4/2010 12:28:57 AM
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:28:57 +1000, Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

> What do you see in the Registry under
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail?
>
> For Thunderbird to be used, you should see
>
> (Default)    REG_SZ    Mozilla Thunderbird

That is how is.
I have done a registry check and it seems fine.
I can email from MSPublisher and Wordpad with no problem which is why I
have come to the Word ng having had no success in the Thunderbird ng :o(
--
Jim S
        Tyneside UK

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

clip art and word art not showing
i've been trying to update my mthly newsletter and all of sudden i an upable to see any clip art or word art i've placed in the docs (it will show on printed doc's only) very diffcult if not impossible to work on a doc without seeing all items and their placement on a page. i went to other pub docs and found all pub docs saved are doing the same. have uninstalled and reinstalled have done ck on fixes nothing seems to work. has anyone had or have this problem other then me and if you did have and fixed how thanks for a quick response. i have to have this doc out by the 15...

Right click to create new file with Excel 97
We use Excel 97 at our office on Windows XP Professional. A couple of users want to be able to create new files by using new from the right click menu and selecting Microsoft Excel Worksheet. The creation of the file works fine in that the filename is filename.xls. When they open the file and add information and then try to save the file, Excel wants to save as tab delimited. Creating a file by opening Excel first works just fine. We have tried this on several computers and the results are the same. For convenience is there some way to change this behavior? ...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

Publisher and Word Pictures Visible Occasionally???
I am only able to see the pictures I insert about half of the time. Sometimes when I save the picutres I can only see the box where the picutre should be, but no picuture is visible. How can I correct this glitch? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "USMCSGT" <USMCSGT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7499973F-AE98-42C9-8B26-CFE4C66F23A3@microsoft.c...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

form text field wont change font size word 2007
I have read the other discussion this issue? But it does not make any sense to me. I had a previously made a fill in form in a different version of word, i found how to edit it by protecting and unprotecting the doc. The font is set to comic sans MS, and when i fill in the fields, it makes them another font and style? How do i get them to be the same font as the rest of the document. Can someone put this in English for me? Thanks You will have to apply the formatting to the text paragraph before inserting the field. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dlb1228...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Save as a dbf file changes datatype
Why is it whenever I save a worksheet as a dbf file, it will change my numbers from a text format to a number? I always format my column to text, and when I close out of the file, the column still displays text, but when I reopen the file a minute later, it still comes up as a number? -- araki ------------------------------------------------------------------------ araki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15334 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486430 ...

Text Rotation in Word 2007
I am trying to rotate a small text box in Word 2007. In Word Help, it says under "Rotate a picture, shape, text box, or WordArt " :- "Click the picture shape, text box or WordArt that you want to rotate. Do one of the following: Drag the rotation handle" But I can not find the rotation handle - I am going mad trying to get it to work. Sorry for being such an idiot, but can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? In addition, under the Text Box Format Menu, there is a 'Rotate' button which when you click it has all the options greyed out except &#...

Mail merge with Word
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Can anyone tell me how to merge Entourage Address Book records into a Word or other mail merge to make mailing labels? LaoWai@officeformac.com wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to merge Entourage Address Book records into a > Word or other mail merge to make mailing labels? I don't have a copy of Office 2004 installed anymore, but the instructions for doing this in Office 2008 may be of help to you. Have a look here: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?target=3f6268f9-d...

Converting a publisher file
Hi I create a business card with publisher but I need to convert this file to either a tif or jpeg. Can anyone know of a file conversion that can do this? Thanks Depends what version you did not tell us. In Pub 2003 try Save As. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "Budadm" <Budadm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880D6399-87EE-4C2C-9C8B-E6A0B53F55E4@microsoft.com... > Hi > I create a business card with publisher but I need to convert this > file to > either a tif or jpeg. Can anyone know of a file conversion that can do > this? > ...

Trim rightword letter in a word
I have a list in which the last letter is x e.g DDLX, BBLX, XCVFX. I want the final list to look like DDL, BBL, XCVF. TIA/Amag "amag" <amitntu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134730622.474055.131770@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a list in which the last letter is x e.g DDLX, BBLX, XCVFX. I > want the final list to look like DDL, BBL, XCVF. > > TIA/Amag > For a list in column A starting at A1, put this formula in B1 =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) and copy down as far as necessary. If you want, you can then copy column B and use Edit > Paste Special &g...

Transferring Trial version files to full version
I bought a copy of Money Delux & Business and started using it. Recently, I purchased a new laptop, which came with a trial version of Money, for a lengthy road trip. After weeks of inputting expenses for the trip, I tried transferring the files to my desktop version of Deluxs & Business. The results was a total failure. It will NOT restore any backup file made in the trial version. It will NOT read a copy of the (non-backup) file from my laptop. I get a variety of error messages including an invalid source path (not true) and statements that my file(s) are write protec...

Bug? Rebuild of database lost Entourage 11.2.1 links to Word 11.2 documents
After a rebuild of the Entourage 11.2.1 database, I discovered that links from several Entourage Notes to Word 11.2 documents were gone. Does a rebuild of the database automatically wipe out ALL links among components of Entourage, Word and Excel? If so, is there any way this could be prevented by Microsoft developers in the future? Respectfully, Norm On 14/11/05 23:36, in article BF9E5F9B.113AE%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > After a rebuild of the Entourage 11.2.1 database, I discovered that l...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

File Transfer Wizard Question
Hello: Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but after reviewing several of the forum posts on the File tRansfer Wizard, I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. Does the File Transfer Wizard move or copy data from source to target computer and is this option configurable? Thanks in advance, Bob -- Robert Lindholm University of Rochester http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457074.aspx Robert Lindholm wrote: > Hello: > > Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but after reviewing several > of the forum posts on the File ...

Deleted Payroll File
In September I accidently deleted a Payroll from Jan 08 while training a new individual. I know that I need to enter manual checks to get the balances back correctly, what I dont know is do I a make the checks for the Sept date that I deleted it or for Jan. Jan payroll still shows correct but Sept. payroll reports show the wrong number because it had that delete in there. Also once I enter the manual checks is there any other ajustments that I need to make. ...

Word table of Contents automatically linked to Excel?
Hi I am wondering if this is possible: I have a word document that contains a TOC (table of contents). Is it possible to automatically import the TOC into excel? I have tried embeding the document but it imports the entire document, i only need the TOC. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :) How about selecting the TOC, copy, right+click a cell, paste (or use a Paste Special option)? HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/9/06 7:03 PM, in article uvzG0uFBHHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, "Sydney" <sydneygal25@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am wonderin...

Outlook 2003 Crashes when Attaching Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C42095.7B4916E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a client who recently ugraded from Office XP to Office 2003 - Now = each time she tries to attach any file type to Outlook, Outlook crashes = and this error appears in the log. Looks like the only add--in that = might matter is Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 8.1. I have tried with = the add-in deselected and with Exchange Protection disabled. I have = been able to find this several places, b...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Major file bloating in Word97, is it fixed in Word 2003
I needed to do a document and also prepare a PowerPoint for use on a laptop. unfortunately, due to Murphy's Law, the only laptop I have in working order at the moment is an ancient Windows 98 system with Office 97 that I haven't used in years. I thought it might be easier to prepare the stuff in Office97 rather than worry about accidentally using something that would make my document incompatible. While putting a few tables and charts from Excel into a Word document, my file size swelled. Worse, when I was revising and deleting a few charts, then making a few new ones it didn...

Sending email closes out Word
Whenever I send an email, it automatically close out my Microsoft Word. Any suggestions? ...