OT: need free on-line punctuation checking only

Help. Need URLs to correct punctuation only.
2
Robert

www.google.com would be a good place to start looking.

"Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
: Help. Need URLs to correct punctuation only.

0
No
6/4/2010 7:35:10 PM
Why online? Can't you use one of the offline tools like OpenOffice? It's
free and should provide everything you need. I guess that if you really
wanted it online, you could host it yourself somewhere...

Yves

"Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
> Help. Need URLs to correct punctuation only.

0
Yves
6/4/2010 8:29:58 PM
On Jun 4, 1:29=A0pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why online? Can't you use one of the offline tools like OpenOffice? It's
> free and should provide everything you need. I guess that if you really
> wanted it online, you could host it yourself somewhere...
>
> Yves
>
> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

> > Help. Need URLs to correct punctuation only.

thank you for this suggestion.   With 148MB of download rpepresenting
8+ hours at dial up speed, plus the aversion to installing and
installing and installing; I've put off getting OpenOffice.  Will it
run on Win98?

Does OpenOffice really critique punctuation? Have you installed
OpenOffice?  Does it automatically mark punctuation errors? Or better,
suggest corrections?

0
Robert

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CB0441.EB484B00

OO probably doesn't check grammar any better than Word. No machine can =
check grammar or punctuation like an educated human mind. I guarantee =
that you will be disappointed.

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  On Jun 4, 1:29 pm, "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
  > Why online? Can't you use one of the offline tools like OpenOffice? =
It's
  > free and should provide everything you need. I guess that if you =
really
  > wanted it online, you could host it yourself somewhere...
  >
  > Yves
  >
  > "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message
  >
  > =
  >

  > > Help. Need URLs to correct punctuation only.

  thank you for this suggestion.   With 148MB of download rpepresenting
  8+ hours at dial up speed, plus the aversion to installing and
  installing and installing; I've put off getting OpenOffice.  Will it
  run on Win98?

  Does OpenOffice really critique punctuation? Have you installed
  OpenOffice?  Does it automatically mark punctuation errors? Or better,
  suggest corrections?

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CB0441.EB484B00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">OO probably doesn't check =
grammar any=20
better than Word. No machine can check grammar or punctuation like an=20
educated&nbsp;human mind. I guarantee that you will be=20
disappointed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Robert Macy" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:macy@california.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:macy@california.com">macy@california.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:ce1c6ab5-257e-44e0-991a-a18055185ead@23g2000pre.googlegroup=
s.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:ce1c6ab5-257e-44e0-991a-a18055185ead@23g2000pre.googlegroups=
..com">news:ce1c6ab5-257e-44e0-991a-a18055185ead@23g2000pre.googlegroups.c=
om</A>...</DIV>On=20
  Jun 4, 1:29&nbsp;pm, "Yves Dhondt" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:yves.dho...@gmail.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link" =

  href=3D"mailto:yves.dho...@gmail.com">yves.dho...@gmail.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt; Why online? Can't you use one of the offline tools like =

  OpenOffice? It's<BR>&gt; free and should provide everything you need. =
I guess=20
  that if you really<BR>&gt; wanted it online, you could host it =
yourself=20
  somewhere...<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Yves<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; "Robert Macy" &lt;<A =

  href=3D"mailto:m...@california.com">m...@california.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in=20
  message<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:badfabba-7c95-482f-a1b2-831e01ad1485@11g2000prw.googlegroup=
s.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:badfabba-7c95-482f-a1b2-831e01ad1485@11g2000prw.googlegroups=
..com">news:badfabba-7c95-482f-a1b2-831e01ad1485@11g2000prw.googlegroups.c=
om</A>...<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; Help. Need URLs to correct punctuation only.<BR><BR>thank you for =
this=20
  suggestion.&nbsp;&nbsp; With 148MB of download rpepresenting<BR>8+ =
hours at=20
  dial up speed, plus the aversion to installing and<BR>installing and=20
  installing; I've put off getting OpenOffice.&nbsp; Will it<BR>run on=20
  Win98?<BR><BR>Does OpenOffice really critique punctuation? Have you=20
  installed<BR>OpenOffice?&nbsp; Does it automatically mark punctuation =
errors?=20
  Or better,<BR>suggest corrections?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CB0441.EB484B00--

0
Terry

OT...check this out...OT
http://www.escapeyesterworld.com/ try all the controls -- John Inzer Thanks John...pretty nifty. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message news:uuhImG%23mFHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > http://www.escapeyesterworld.com/ > try all the controls > > -- > > John Inzer > > ...

Macro Help needed #2
I'm trying to record a macro but I'm having difficulty with a particular action. I'm trying to copy text from a particular cell, Lets say Cell A1, and then go to the "Sheet Tabs", currently labeled Sheet 1, and paste the text to rename the sheet. Can Someone tell me what I'm missing from the following macro to make this happen: Sub Macro() ' ' Macro Macro ' Macro recorded 8/18/2005 by Anthony Amato ' ' Range("A1").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet 1").Select Sheets("Sheet 1").Name = " &qu...

Need help!
Hello, I need help. I generate charts, using macros, for my company. The macros are a fast tool when you have to do 40-50 charts a project. Well, my company had changed colors to the charts. As a result, I'm responsible updating the macros. Unfortantely, I'm not familiar with visual basic. The person who created the macros left the company. Can you please take a look at the excel files? Hopefully, this makes sense. Any suggestions and solutions are fully welcomed. Thanks in advanced! link: http://www.geocities.com/echenwick/ e-mail: echenwick...@SPAMMEyahoo.com ...

Need suggestions in upgrading from 5.5 to ?
We have about 250 users and my db is about 15GB. We are going to migrate to AD and then to either Ex 2000 or 2003. Both offer 16GB limits unless we spend a lot of more money for Enterprise version. Should we add new 2003 server with Ex2003 then migrate some mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003 and run both? (I'm not crazy about that) or ??? what based on your experience with the company of the same size would be the best solution? Mark If your goal is to move to E2003, then you should do it all 100% and not try to keep both 5.5 and E2003 any longer than you have to. If you are that pinched fo...

Need to change Autofilters behaviour in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges? Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan see response to your earlier posting -- Regards Roger Govier Bertrand wrote: > Hello, > > Does any...

Obtain Mcse,Mcsa,Mcdba,Mcsd.Net,Ccna,Ccnp Certificaitons Without Exams(Pay After Check Results)100% Passing Gaurantee..!!!!
All Certifications Like MICROSOFT,CISCO,COMPTIA,SOLARIS,ORACLE,SAP,MICOSOFT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS,EMC at your doorstep without exams..and with 100% passing guarantee...No need to go to any testing centre...we will do everything on behalf of you... We own several test centres worldwide and are able to offer you this fantastic service. If you would like a 100% guaranteed pass, then please read on further...... Mail only at this email id :- all_certs@yahoo.com We are able to offer a guaranteed pass for the following: Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia, Oracle, Solaris. Please send a request for any test th...

Public Folder Replication Problem [need help]
I'm 90% done migrating my Exchange 2003 server to new hardware, I'm having trouble finishing this step - replicating the Public Mail Store.. I've added the new server to the replication tab in ESM, the folders are showing up under the new server, and are in sync! However in ESM when I go Administrative Groups -> First Admin Group -> Folders -> Public Folders, there is a list here.. this list is what shows on Outlook clients under "public folders".. when I right click this folder and say Connect to.. and select the new server's public mail store, I get ...

VC and Cobra and OTS
Hello, Can i use VC to build a project using cobra and OTS to communicate with other UNIX system? Do you mean CORBA? WTH "So Sick" <Sug@sug.com.hk> wrote in message news:OJ6KUh%232DHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Can i use VC to build a project using cobra and OTS to communicate with > other UNIX system? > > > > yes ..... sorry. "WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> wrote in message news:u09iMT$2DHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Do you mean CORBA? > > WTH > > "So Sick" <Sug@sug.com.hk>...

unable to display check/radio box with transparent background
I am not able to get check boxes/radio buttons to be displayed with a transparent background in my dialogs. The general technique for displaying controls with transparent backgrounds is described in more than a few postings (e.g. http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer/browse_thread/thread/e5d77d8f30350f3a/22ea8e331b6cd993?lnk=st&q=dialog+bitmap+static+text+background+transparent#22ea8e331b6cd993 ). The general technique in MFC is as follows: HBRUSH CInsDialog:nCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); retur...

Plug in needed

Replicate free and busy
I am using the InterOrg Replication utility to replicate public folders and Free and Busy information. The public folders portion is working and one direction of the FB is working. My Exch5.5 users can view the FB schedules of my Exch2003 users. However, my Exch2003 users cannot view the Exch5.5 users schedules. I get "Unable to get collector from folder Ex:/o=organization /ou=site' on server [Exch2003]. I have created mail-enabled contacts on Exch2003 for some of my Exch5.5 users. And as per KB316022, they all have a legacyExchangeDN attribute - Mailbox /o=Exch55-org/...

Adobe error limit check Offending command
I can't seem to convert my file to adobe - I have been doing it for years and all of a sudden i am having problems. The error massage says: error limitcheck; offending command; image distiller stack. at the very bottom is says warning; Post Script error. I am at my wits end. -- Jan Jan W wrote: > I can't seem to convert my file to adobe - I have been doing it for years and > all of a sudden i am having problems. The error massage says: error > limitcheck; offending command; image distiller stack. at the very bottom is > says warning; Post Script error. a) Adobe is...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

No spell check in Outlook web access-webmail
When I go to send an email there is not spell check to rely on. Any ideas how we find it? Can we download spell check? Thanks for your help. Which version of Exchange server? Ex2003 has it builtin, older versions need an addon. http://www.slipstick.com/exs/owa.htm#tools -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com ...

OT
OT - OFF - TOPIC Hola amig@s; El gobierno Colombiano en su continuo inter�s de ofrecer oportunidades acad�micas y profesionales a todos sus habitantes y a todos los interesados en capacitaci�n ha preparado una de las mejores plataformas de educaci�n virtual, con cursos virtuales "certificados" con cero costo. Los invito a visitar la WEB del Servicio nacional de Aprendizaje, nacionales o extranjeros pueden acceder a una de las plataformas educativas gratuitas mejor estructuradas y pagadas por todos los Colombianos. Hay cursos de inform�tica, office, outlook , cursos de Excel...

need help badly

I need Help

Killing the off-line database
Having to kill the off line database to add new records seems a little extreme if you have to do it every day but thank you for the answer. I think they will should have a wireless connection anyway. I am sorry I really don't know how Windows wireless works. In any case what about Active Server pages? Is it secure for only a company intranet. Is there a way to only allow connections to the database via Active Server pages only from desinated IP's? Also, say the .mdb database is on a wireless network can those people still navigate through the network to get to the .mdb database. ...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...