Open documents in new window

I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances
of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new
windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change
it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago
when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is
done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

0
WhiteRat

uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the
Microsoft Office Button.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"WhiteRat" wrote:

> I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances
> of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new
> windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change
> it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago
> when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is
> done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> David
>

> .

Sibling Window KillFocus Issue (MFC)
I have a Dialog based MFC application that emulates a windows based browser with my own widgets and etc. Above the main window I have 4 children windows that are the primary focus of the project. The child windows in question have the capacity of minimizing and maximizing. Each of the 4 child windows act as siblings. Now the problem: I would like a maximized child window to automatically minimize when another child window is focused. I assumed OnKillFocus would accommodate this but it doesn't. More over, I do not have access to OnActivate, as they are children and only produce an O...

Can a custom checkbox be added to a Scroll Window?
Hello all, I've added a custom checkbox field to GP. I have created the field in a separate table with a one to one relationship per the suggestions of various documents. My problem is now this, I cannot get the checkbox to work in a Scroll Window. I have the checkbox related to the PO Line table and can get it (the checkbox) to work on the PO Line Detail screen, but I really would like it to work on the PO Entry screen with the Scroll Window that contains all the PO Lines. I have added the checkbox onto the Scroll Window but it doesn't seem to work or be possible to fill t...

New Certificate problems
Our scenario We have been running with SBS 2003 for several years and our Certificate is pop3.olddomainname.co.uk (where our old domain name is now changing) For one reason or another, we've never got it qualified to DNS,, and with only 2 of us accessing OWA, we just use https://<external_IP>/exchange and our PDA's could get email OK on the move. Now, we have built a linux box to run the support part of our website, we have a new external domain, so we got support.newdomainname.co.uk added to DNS We need the PDA/iPhone to use SSL so that they and OWA use the 443 po...

Publisher 2000

Perpetually new messages
Hello, One of the people I work with has a weird problem. Every time she checks her messages, the ones currently in her inbox show up as new. They appear to be downloaded a second time, and then the duplicates disappear, leaving the new items only. I think that the mailbox may be corrupted because there the mailbox has some extra numbers appended to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Jeff ...

Process stealing window focus
Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing window focus? I want my process to run completely silent, no UI interuptions at all, so this includes when it steals the focus from my top window. Not sure exactly what you mean by this? Is the top window in the same application or a different application. Does the "process" do any UI at all? When does it interrupt your main window? Tom "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9430ED69-207F-4266-9467-003F11BC11B7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing wi...

opening links in outlook

I don't show on windows friends list
I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked list? He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online. appreciate any help on the situation, Bruce Is he using the same ID that you are using? I have had that experience where I used a different ID on WLM than elsewhere. -- rext "brucefl" wrote: > I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to > online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am n...

Problem trying to open old money file

Adding a new Interface in MS CRM
Hi, I don't want to use the "Add Lead" form to create a lead. I have developed my own page for this using the MS CRM APIs. But I have to change the linked page of "Leads" link in the left menu ( Sales) and point to my custom page. How can I do this? Thanks, -Jaison Well this is a little different as you will have to recreate the outer shell of CRM. We did this using the ASP.NET controls from Infragistics for one of our clients. Sean "Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message news:OCDt3caaEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > >...

Windows goes to the background
Hi Everyone, I am having a wiered problem. I have a Dialog based application that has a Modeless Child dialog. The child dialog is mostly hidden. I show the child dialog when I am syncing with the server to show progress message, and at the same time I disable the Main dialog with EnableWindow(FALSE), to simulate a modal dialog. Anyway when everything is done and I hide the Child dialog and call EnableWindow(TRUE) on the main dialog. When I do this the main dialog jumps behind all the other applications on the screen. This happens because of EnableWindow(FALSE), if I remove that line eve...

Windows Vista and RMS 2.0
Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. I'm running it on my laptop without issues. But this is just for demos and research. Have not intalled it in production yet "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com... > Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1 "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

My windows Mail
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no, server error: 0x800ccc90, error number...

In place CRM and Windows upgrade
I have a customer that has CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2000 and SQL 2000 Server. The customer wishes to upgrade to CRM 4.0 and Windows 2008, and remain on the same physical server. What is the best approach for this? Here what I am thinking: 1. Backup CRM databases 2. Format and Upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 3. Install SQL 2005 4. Install CRM 3.0 from Existing Database Option 5. Upgrade to CRM 4.0 6. Backup CRM 4.0 databases 7. Upgrade to Windows 2008 Is there any other critical steps I am missing for this? Hi, It sounds like a plan, however I think CRM 4.0 still hav...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links