Office 2007 Configuration Question

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on this

Am running WORD 2007 from MS Office Enterprise Edition.
Yes, it's a legal copy.

PC is about 4 years old, and running XP.

Everything is fine for a month or so, and then it wants to go into a
Configuration setup (again),
which takes about 5 minutes to do.

Then, everything is fine again for a month or two.

Any ideas why this might be ?

Thanks,
B.

0
Robert11

Do you have both Word 2003 and 2007 on the machine?  If you start Word 2003
and then later start Word 2007, the configuration will be reperformed,
unless you make the change to the registry detailed on the following page of
fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website

http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"Robert11" <rgsros@xnotme.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on this
>
> Am running WORD 2007 from MS Office Enterprise Edition.
> Yes, it's a legal copy.
>
> PC is about 4 years old, and running XP.
>
> Everything is fine for a month or so, and then it wants to go into a
> Configuration setup (again),
> which takes about 5 minutes to do.
>
> Then, everything is fine again for a month or two.
>
> Any ideas why this might be ?
>
> Thanks,
> B.

0
Doug
11/12/2009 10:24:25 PM
Applying certain updates will also cause Word to be reconfigured. I have
both Word 2003 and Word 2007 installed and have performed the Registry edit
to prevent Word 2007 from reconfiguring every time it is started, but this
morning, after installing updates last night, I got "Please wait..." the
first time I started Word 2007 today.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Robert11" <rgsros@xnotme.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on this
>
> Am running WORD 2007 from MS Office Enterprise Edition.
> Yes, it's a legal copy.
>
> PC is about 4 years old, and running XP.
>
> Everything is fine for a month or so, and then it wants to go into a
> Configuration setup (again),
> which takes about 5 minutes to do.
>
> Then, everything is fine again for a month or two.
>
> Any ideas why this might be ?
>
> Thanks,
> B.

0
Suzanne

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Outlook 2007 DST/Time zone issue
I have a network with 4 computers running Office 2007, XP Pro connected to SBS2003. Outlook is connected to the Exchange 2003 component of SBS2003. Computers were deployed using a single, new image inside the last 3 months. New Zealand has had changes to the daylight savings change over dates, and as part of this process the required Microsoft Updates were deployed to the workstations, using WSUS, and applied to the server. Two of the computers have no problem, while two have an issue where calendar entries are 13 hours out. They appear to be defaulting to GMT, instead of NZT (GMT +1200)...

general questions.. please help
can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? how can we do to convert data from text files to xml? is it possible? to generate xml from jsp is it done automatically or manually? thanks in advance! appreciate if there are any links helpful... thanks all of u! jeremy *-----------------------* Posted at: www.GroupSrv.com *-----------------------* Hello Jeremy, > can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? not normally by hand, but it can be done. Doing it with a program is better. > how can we do to convert data from text files to x...

Out-of-office twin replies

How to get an reply to your question
The web forum that interfaces with the Office newsgroup (NNTP) has been broken since Sept. The people that volunteer their time to answer questions do not use the Mactopia forum and can't see your messages. If you use a newsreader rather than the Mactopia interface to this newsgroup you can download old messages and search for answers or start a new question. If you are not familiar with a newsreader, Entourage's basic newsreader already has the Microsoft News server included. All you do is subscribe to the newsgroups you want. See this page for help: <http://www.entourage.mvps.o...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

questions for an interview
i'm not a developer but need to interview some people to help out with some CRM customizations. I'm thinking a Uni-grad who will self learn. small business simple stuff. What skills should i be looking for in the person? It depends on the type of customizations you're looking for: Form Customization - JavaScript/JScript development (Note that I'm not talking about JAVA) - Dynamic HTML (Internet Development) - AJAX and XML (optional, for calling CRM web services) Server-Side (Callout development, Custom Workflow Assemblies) - Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 / Visual Studio 200...

Windows Active Directory Interview Questions
Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see them http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html Cherry wrote: > Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions > on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows > 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see > them > http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-dire...

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Access 2007 security warning...
Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the security warning on a packaged access 2007 database. I create and sign the database but it still seems to appear. Is the only way to purchase a signature off someone like thwate? Adrian If you used the self-signing certificate that comes with Office, that's only accepted on your own computer. The only solution I found was buying a code-signing certificate. If you are part of a Windows domain that includes a Certificate Server, you can probably generate the code-signing certificate there (for free). Then your users would have to trust your ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Outlook 2007 not saving email passwords
Windows XP This issue has been dealt with using all the "known" methods to no avail. Outlook has been removed and reinstalled. Before reinstalling it, Outlook Express was set up and IT keeps the passwords fine. After reinstalling it, the same issue remains. Immediately after typing in the account information, clicking on the Test Account Settings brings up the dialog asking for the password as if it had never been typed in at all. Any good suggestions? Thanks, Fred "Fred Marshall" <fmarshallx@remove_the_x.acm.org> wrote in message news:e$mDQ3jkJHA.500@TK2MS...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...

Configuring Resource Settings?
Are there any other ways of configuring Outlook resource settings besides OWA? I have tried to change some setting using OWA and it seems that they will not work. What are my options? Thanks What settings are you trying to set? What version of Exchange? The admin may be able to make some changes on the server, otherwise, you need to do it in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips...

Sharing Workbook 2007
Excel 2007 says you can have multiple users editing a workbook at same time using sharing. I can get this to work via a server using sever 2003 but when I share the file on a peer to peer network only the first person to open the file can edit it eveyone else gets a read only version. What am I doing worng. ...