Missing Rows and Columns Pasting into Word from Excel

I posted this question earlier, but no one responded. I've tried to reword
to clarify this time.

When I Paste Special and select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) of a large set
of cells from Excel (2007 12.0.6514.5000 SP2) into Word (2007 12.0.6504.5000
SP2), instead of pasting the entire copied range, the rows and columns that
would fall off the page when I paste are actually missing. In other words,
even if I shrink the picture by grabbing the little square handles and
dragging it down, so it only takes up half the page, the missing rows and
columns are still missing. They're not just off the page, they're MISSING.

This just started happening - the very same range of cells pasted properly a
few weeks ago. And I have pasted even larger ranges in the past - always as
long as I drag and resize the image so that it fits on the page, all the
rows and columns appear, however tiny the print may end up.

I'm afraid I have no idea what changed in Word or Excel that this now does
not work.

If I do it as a Paste Link, then I go to look at the linked object's
properties, it correctly shows the full cell range spanning all the rows and
columns selected and copied in Excel, but in Word it still only shows the
very limited range. It doesn't show in Word, the rows and columns it says
are linked.

Right now, I'm very angry with Word as I need to embed financials for a
business plan and don't have time to screw around with Word's peculiarities
(I assume it's Word, since Excel is just providing the data), but I
acknowledge it's possible that I may have done something that caused this
function to stop working.

What's going on and how do I workaround this? Do you need any more info from
me to help diagnose this?

Thanks,
Colin

0
WebColin70

XP confusing Excel and Publisher
When I try to access the Excel Help files, XP tries to install Publisher, then tells me I'm missing a PUB file. If I try to close Installer with Task Manager, Excel itself crashes. Help! Thanks ...

Missing files

I cant see pictures inserted into word/publisher #2
On reopening saved files I can't see pictures inserted into Word or Publisher. ...

Installing all excell functions ...
Any body nows how to let available all the functions (financial ones),I'm trying to use that formula to check the Yield to Maturity (YIELD) but is not working, I have re-instaled alredy, but is still not working, any Ideas? It's VBA instrument??? Hi Oswald! As well as installing from the CDROM you need to select it using: Tools > Addins Check Analysis ToolPak OK Thereafter the functions will be available every time you open Excel as long as you don't de-select. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Oswald" <annimo@di...

Combine multimple columns into one, automatically
I've posted the following question in the "excel.charting" newsgroup, but haven't gotten a response, so I'm wondering whether it isn't really a "charting" question, but is instead a problem that requires me to recalculate my data before drawing a chart. I'm trying to create a chart that will automatically combine into one column what are now several columns when displayed in an ordinary column chart. The columns I want to combine all have the same value on the X-axis, but are shown (in an ordinary chart) as separate columns because they have differe...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Linking In Excel
I am linking from an Excel sheet to files which use other applications and I want to change the application that these files open with. The normal way of changing file associations does not work i.e. opening a JPEG file with ACDsee as the default opens with "Microsoft Photo Editor" through the Excel Link. Any Ideas? Solution to this would be most appreciated. Regards, Robotnik ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It is a Windows setting. O...

Column Charts
I would like to chart three series. I would like two columns in each group. The first column in a group would be series 1. The second column in a group would be series 2 and 3 stacked on each other. Is that possible? I've come close by using secondary axis but the columns are plotted over each other. Check out Jon Peltier's site at www.peltiertech.com I know he has something there on this, but I don't have time to look it up right now. "jtd1" wrote: > I would like to chart three series. I would like two > columns in each group. The first column in a...

Align receipt column to the left
Hi All, I have the following XML code from my a4 receipt. All I am trying to do is make the row <ROW> "||Discount||" Entry.ReasonDiscount.Code "|" align left so that it appears under my lookup code or description (i'm using entry.comment) I cannot seem to get this to work and I am very confused by the alignment command. Can anyone please help? It's an full page receipt using Opos drivers. I have included the code concerned below; <TABLE> <TOP> HeaderHeight + MarginTop </TOP> <FONT> "Small"...

How to hide or disable toolbars and ribbon in word with vba or vb6
I am trying to hide or disable the ribbon and toolbars in Word 2007, within a VB6 program, but have been unable to get it to work. I am using early binding so that I can see the Word objects and methods, but have been unable to find a combination that will work on my files. Have tried Dim wrd As Word.Application Dim obar As Office.CommandBar For Each obar In wrd.CommandBars obar.Enabled = False obar.visible = False Next I assume there is something I am missing here. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Norm ...

Office 2000 Excel SP-3: Nasty intermittent bug during save.
The bug occurs in the following circumstances (although not every time). 1. Two files are open, - a 'book4' type temporary file that I couldn't care less about. - a rather large 10 sheet workbook that I've been working on. 2. I try to save the large file - instead - the _temporary file_ is saved _over_ the large file on the disk. - an error message is displayed saying the file has been saved but that it is out of memory and had to close it. - the temporary file is displayed. 3. Generally the large file disappears from the task bar. 4. If the large file doesn't disppea...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Excel 2007 : Full Screen for no reason
Hi, Having a problem with Excel 2007. The window turns to full screen after I switch to and return from another desktop on Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager (MSVDM). For example, if Excel 2007 is running on Desktop 1, by the time I switch to Desktop 2 and return, the Excel window changes to full screen view. I cannot return to normal view because no menu is available and ESC doesn't seem to work. Any solutions? Or is the problem with MSVDM? Thanks. ...

Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address
When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address. Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move rows/column/cells. Thanks Hi the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this cell. So you can't do it this way "Samad" wrote: > When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other > row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address. > > Can anyone advice me how...

Determining row number in which a value occurs
Hello, If I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet containing a column of numbers which are sorted according to magnitude. I want to determine which row a specified value occurs in, how do I do this? The value to be found is contained in a user-entry cell and is a Named variable. Is there a way to do this with the ROW function? If I for example assign the value the Name of "Sales" and refer to the cell where it is stored, how do I seek that value in my column of data and report the row number in which it occurs? Thanks, Harold Hi, Is this any help? Assuming your column of figures is...

hiding rows #3
Hello, I know how to hide a row or rows, but is there a way of automatically hiding rows that contains no data ? Thanks K You can hide blank rows using Autofilter but that would not be "automatic". Automatic usually means VBA. Do you want to go that route? On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:48:43 +0100, "dido22" <nospam@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I know how to hide a row or rows, but is there a way of automatically hiding >rows that contains no data ? > >Thanks > >K Too fast on the trigger<g> Give us an idea of what you wa...

Where is the text to speech in excel 2000
I know I have speech on my computer, it is in the control panel but I can't find it any where else. I have tried to search the help in excel and word with no luck. Any help would be great! Hi Hifly As far as I know this is only in 2002-2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826853 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Hifly" <Hifly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1053796B-ECEB-494A-BEC7-08C920847A87@microsoft.com... >I know I have speech on my computer, it is in the control panel but I can't > find it a...

Unhide rows?
In Excel 2002, rows that were previously hidden will not "unhide." Rows that are hidden now will only unhide by using the undo command. Columns hide and unhide successfully, but rows do not. Protection is not on for either worksheet or workbook. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Nevermind. I forgot that I had a column with instructions to filter certain rows, the rows I couldn't unhide -- gee, what a coincidence. "Scot" <greatscotinla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9Ea4f.1079$fc7.1027@newsread3.news.pas.earthli...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

counting data in a column
I have a column of part numbers that include duplicates. What I need i to count the number of different part numbers, avoiding duplicates, an display the total in a cell. What is the formula for this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Bob Umlas posted this today on the G list =SUM(IF(COUNTIF(B1:B19,B1:B19)=0, "", 1/COUNTIF(B1:B19,B1:B19))) -- Don Guille...

How set many row heighths = height of another row
Is there a nifty way to use paste special to copy a row and then select a bunch of other rows and set all of these selected row to the same height as the copied row? I need to do this for several rows on several sheets and first getting the height # of the source row, then setting heights of target row numerically is a pain. I appreciate your help, -John "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45F9935C-DCBB-4F20-9E58-371283CF72D7@microsoft.com... > Is there a nifty way to use paste special to copy a row and then select a > bunch o...

Linq to sql
Hi. There must be something I missed... If I do a simple linq query like this: var sections = from s in ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Person_Sections where s.Person_Id == "10" select s; The result is shown in a grid and a new itemrow is visible last in the grid. I can also change values in the grid. But if I change the "select s" with specific return values: select new { s.Person_Id, s.Section_Code, s.ER_Section.SectionName }; The new row is not visible and I can't change any values. The dataset seems...

limit comments to only 600 words
I have created a text box but I want the text length to be equal to or less than 600 words. How do I do that in Excel 2003 please Assuming you are using the 'Control Toolbox' textbox, in the worksheet module that the textbox is located [assuming the name of the textbox is TextBox1], put... Private Sub TextBox1_Change() If Len(TextBox1.Value) > 600 Then TextBox1.Value = Left(TextBox1.Value, 600) End If End Sub -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Tim" wrote: ...