Microsoft Word email ?

I recently typed a document on Word and would now like to find out how
to send it to someone as an attachment.  The only thing is it does not
give me a highlighted option to email.  Also do I need an INTERNET
SERVICE PROVIDER or it also said I needed to setup email servers:
INCOMING EMAIL SERVER TYPE: POP3,IMAP,HTTP.  Then it says INCOMING
EMAIL POP3 OR IMAP SERVER, then it says OUTGOING EMAIL SERVER(SMTP)
NAME, then last it says: OUTGOING SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION.  I
just want to know how to send this Word Document to someone.  Thanks.

--
joepinger
0

If you have Word 2003 or earlier, go to Tools | Options | General and check
the box for "Mail as attachment." Then use File | Send To | Mail Recipient
(as Attachment). This assumes that you have an internet connection and a
local mail client such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows
Live Mail (this won't work for Web mail applications). The messages you are
getting suggest that you do not have email set up on your computer. If you
are using Web mail, you will need to look at its interface to see how to
attach a file, then navigate to your saved Word document and attach it.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"joepinger" <joepinger.5bcc13c@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> I recently typed a document on Word and would now like to find out how
> to send it to someone as an attachment.  The only thing is it does not
> give me a highlighted option to email.  Also do I need an INTERNET
> SERVICE PROVIDER or it also said I needed to setup email servers:
> INCOMING EMAIL SERVER TYPE: POP3,IMAP,HTTP.  Then it says INCOMING
> EMAIL POP3 OR IMAP SERVER, then it says OUTGOING EMAIL SERVER(SMTP)
> NAME, then last it says: OUTGOING SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION.  I
> just want to know how to send this Word Document to someone.  Thanks.
>

> --
> joepinger

0
Suzanne

Inserting Word Count in a document
Hello, I know there is a word count tool in Microsoft Word, but is there any way that number can be inserted in the document anywhere, i.e. the header or the footer? Thanks! Insert the NUMWORDS field where you want the word count. Note that this field (like most fields) won't update automatically. If you choose to insert it in the header or footer, you can update it by switching to Print Preview and then back to your favorite view. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "MacNut2004" <MacNut2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C41...

Track pst emails on CRM
When trying to track on CRM email from local pst file and not from default pst, there is an error "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft" Suggestion: add the option of tracking email of other pst files the default pst. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Importing Word Doc with Pictures
Hi, I am importing a Word doc with pictures and the pictures are not being formatted correctly. They are cut off. This is for a book sized page, 8.5 by 11. Is there a way to adjust this so the pictures appear as normal? Should they be reduced and re-entered? This may cut down resolution. I'm not a graphics expert, so if there is a way to keep the resolution high (required) please let me know. -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com/ ...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

Mail merge to word #2
I have a sheet with 246 columns with a header row and one row of data. Each field contains text data varying in length. Some fields are empty. I have trued to merge directly to Word but get the error "can't open the data source". When I save the sheet to a txt file and merge to word it prompts me that record 16 is empty and each subsequent record is empty up to record number 245 (which necessitates hitting Enter for each record) and inserts a paragraph mark for each empty field. I have tried umpteeen ways of saving the data and creating the merge with no improvement. Fir...

Extract data from email attachment and add to datbase?
Is there any way I can automate the following... I want outlook to spot emails with a particular subject, open the attachment, and parse certain data to a ms access database ready for upload?? Would love some support! P.S. The attachments are excel files, there are a bunch of names, and certain long/lats linked to each one which i need to extract according to the name field. http://www.outlookcode.com is the best place to begin looking for = assistance and some VBA code to start. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsoli...

Microsoft Word to Visio conversions
Hi, Can Visio import Microsoft Word drawings. i.e. I have drawn quite a lot of flow charts using the MS word drawing tools. This was very tiresome and if Visio can easily import the drawings I will purchase a copy. Thanks there is no formal import facility to move word drawings to visio. if you would post a small example I'd be happy to test it (please nothing confidential or proprietary). al "Paul Betteridge" <pmb@REMOVE_THISpb-net.co.uk> wrote in message news:v75gh11ehkjm98320dvbgorkarthpdepnq@4ax.com... > Hi, > > Can Visio import Microsoft Word drawin...

Microsoft outlook 2000 professional
Outlook/Word only loads minimally. get an error msg. that says can't load fonts. I bypass that, machine requests windows 98se disk to finish install. Got program with this machine used. Program originally worked fine. Downloaded undesireable programs which integrated themselves into outlook and word 2000. In removing undesirable programs, damaged word and outlook. Can anyone suggest an on-line fix that does not require me to purchase and install whole new outlook/word/office programs ...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007
I'm changing computers and i want to move my personal folders to the new pc. How can i accomplish this task? Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007. You don't mention if both machines are connected to your home/personal network, but I have found copying the PST file(s) to a common removable/network drive share the best way. Once you get the PST file(s) moved over to the new machine on one of its local drives, just create a new mail profile on the new machine and use your old data file. "LNNO" <LNNO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4089CD-B...

address of new email
When I update an email address of a person in contacts and address book, then send a new message to that person, often the address auto entered when I start to type in the address is the old address. Where does outlook look for the correct address when auto entering the email address after I start entering the name? -- \\\|/// \\ ~ ~ // ( @ @ ) --oOOo-(_)-oOOo--- Charlie Woll It uses a resolved cache of typed names. Since you don't mention your version, the file could be one of two files. However, for your problem, ...

Progress shows sending large number emails
When I hit the send and recieve button, the progress indicatior at th bottom right shows sending a large number of emails. Sometimes thi number is over 10,000. I have no mail in my out box. How can I find ou what is being sent? The more I press the send and recieve button th lower the number gets. Any help wuld be great, Thanks Office 2003 Win XP Pr ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Microsoft Money 2007 Crashes when I do Online Updates
Hello, I hope that someone may be able to help me. I run Money 2007 version 16.0.120.1303 on Windows XP sp2. I have used Money for quite some time and worked fine until now. When I try to do the online updates the windows error message: "Microsof Money has encountered a problem and needs to close..." appears. When I send the error report Money closes. Is anyone experinecing the same problem? Are there any fixes? Thanks for any help P.s. Oh! By the way. . . Money does not accept either the files downloaded from my financial institutions. So, even the manual updates is not ...

Link Email as History to BCM Opportunity
Email does not show up in the BCM Opportunity record. I've tried using the "link to history" box from the email screen, dragging and dropping, and the add button from the opportunity screen. Is there some filter that allows you to view emails as history? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Vodafone MMS emails not showing pictures outlook 2002
If anyone could help me out here I would be very grateful. I have windows xp and outlook xp (2002) I have service pack 1 installed. Whenever I send an email from a mobile phone using MMS and attaching a picture (handset does not make a difference), the receiver gets the email but the picture is not visible. The pictures are always JPG and if I go to save attachment it knows they are there and lets me save them. If I go to properties after opening the email, it tells me that there are x attachments correctly. I cannot see them in the body of the email. They do not show up on the header bar...

Microsoft Clustering on Exchange 2003 #2
We have been running two MS Clusters on Exchange 2003 for about a year now and we have never benefited from the redundancy. To the contrary we have actually had a significant amount of down time due to the cluster failing over when it shouldn't or becoming unstable. (The configuration is one active node and one standby server in the cluster.) The real kicker here is the convergence time. I was familiar with Linux clusters that take a few seconds to fail over, so you can imagine my surprise when the Exchange cluster can take up to 10 minutes to fail over! The MS consultant who was helpin...

email links not working
Hi All I have posted on the following forums; http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20506459-Outlook-Outlook-2007-and-links-within-emails and wonder if someone can help with resolving this issue of email links in outlook 2007 been restricted. Thanks you coulda just posted the error message. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for solutions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: da...

Microsoft Office 2000 and Microsoft Vista
I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine. Are the Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista? Thanks Kevin You gave yourself permission to do this? Kevin wrote: > I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it. I am > running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine. Are the > Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista? > > Thanks > Kevin > These are the errors generated ...

Outlook changes font in Word attachments
When I receive Word attachments in Outlook 2002 the font of the Word document is automatically changed to Palatino. I have deleted the normal.dot for MS Word to see if it was that, but it still does it. I have also done a complete uninstall/reinstall of Office XP but it continues to do it. The Word attachments are definitely sent with Times New Roman font. Any ideas? ...

Cannot run Microsoft published on my machine
All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft! And cannot get updates from the update site. You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine. I have already added microsoft update to the trusted zone. Any ideas? winxp sp3 Sue By the way: there WAS a windows re-install on this machine..... "Sue J Thomas" <sueastro@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OGteOia$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft! > And cannot get updates from the update site. > ...

Error message when sending email via Microsoft Outlook
My ISP is via Cox, a high speed cable. I switched over from using Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving my emails. I am encountering great difficulty in sending email, sometimes no matter the size. It seems if it is larger in size it is even more difficult to send at times. I tried to send 2 photos via email (512 KB) and it stayed in my outbox for days. I put it in my drafts folder then brought it back to my outbox and attempted to resend....it did not go through. My error message is "Task 'pop.west.cox.net - Sending and Receiving reported erro...

No clipart on microsoft site
When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any clipart. Thanks Jo Jo Dude You are supposed to click on that little box below those pictures and then click on download. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jo Dude" <not@here.com> wrote in message news:%23X4JimUbGHA.1008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever > come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any > ...

Microsoft Map #2
I've been using DataMap in previous MS-Excel versions, now that I upgraded to MS-Excel 2002 I lost that vectorial mapping functionality. Which is the alterantive application or add-on? I guess it is MS MapPoint -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:625001c47509$f3917c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've been using DataMap in previous MS-Excel versions, > now that I upgraded to MS-Excel 2002 I lost that > vectorial mapping fun...

Problem when adding new toolbar on NewInspector when editor type is Word
Hi, I am getting problem when i am trying to add new toolbar on NewInspector window of Outlook 2003. 1) I am able to add a new toolbar, but my first problem is that, this added toolbar is also gets visible/enable when i open the Word Application. That is the CommandBar of Word Application also gets modified when i modify the CommandBar of Inspector collection of Outlook 2003. 2) And my second problem is---- I have added the button on this new toolbar. It works fine for single instance of Inspector, but when there are multiple instance of Inspector then on click of button the f...

Active X problem in microsoft Outlook
Whenever I retrieve e-mail in Outlook I receive the following message : "An Active X control on this page is not safe. Your current security settings prohibit running unsafe controls on this page." Do I need to install Active X? Do I need to reinstall Outlook? Please help. Thank you ...