Is it possible to detect...

Dear Sir/Mam

Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has not
been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or clipboard,
etc.,

Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone
copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily right?
and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually they
didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to
find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed
manually rather it is brought from a notepad or clipboard.

Is it possible to find it using MS-word code behind files?

Please help if any body knows about it it's urgent please....

Thank you.

0
indiana

Most unlikely, especially if it was plain, unformatted text from Notepad.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"indiana" <u57718@uwe> wrote in message news:a28d0899afae1@uwe...
> Dear Sir/Mam
>
> Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has not
> been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or
> clipboard,
> etc.,
>
> Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone
> copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily
> right?
> and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually
> they
> didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to
> find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed
> manually rather it is brought from a notepad or clipboard.
>
> Is it possible to find it using MS-word code behind files?
>
> Please help if any body knows about it it's urgent please....
>
> Thank you.

0
Terry
1/23/2010 6:16:18 PM
Indiana,
Don't think there is a way to detect that.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"indiana" <u57718@uwe> schreef in bericht news:a28d0899afae1@uwe...
> Dear Sir/Mam
>
> Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has not
> been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or
> clipboard,
> etc.,
>
> Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone
> copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily
> right?
> and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually
> they
> didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to
> find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed
> manually rather it is brought from a notepad or clipboard.
>
> Is it possible to find it using MS-word code behind files?
>
> Please help if any body knows about it it's urgent please....
>
> Thank you.

0
Luc
1/23/2010 6:28:12 PM
There is no way to test this directly in Word but if I was your teacher I
might recognise that the text was not written in your normal style and be a
little suspicious - there is software available that can analyse text for
this purpose as well. My advice to you would be to not try to cheat - if you
have copied something, or are quoting somebody else, say so.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

"indiana" <u57718@uwe> wrote in message news:a28d0899afae1@uwe...
> Dear Sir/Mam
>
> Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has not
> been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or
> clipboard,
> etc.,
>
> Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone
> copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily
> right?
> and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually
> they
> didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to
> find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed
> manually rather it is brought from a notepad or clipboard.
>
> Is it possible to find it using MS-word code behind files?
>
> Please help if any body knows about it it's urgent please....
>
> Thank you.

0
Tony
1/23/2010 6:40:59 PM
Adding one more bit to what the other replies said, there is no such
thing as "MS-word code behind files". Code-behind is a concept from
ASP.NET, MXML, XAML and similar technologies. It doesn't exist in
Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 18:03:10 GMT, "indiana" <u57718@uwe> wrote:

>Dear Sir/Mam
>
>Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has not
>been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or clipboard,
>etc.,
>
>Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone
>copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily right?
>and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually they
>didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to
>find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed
>manually rather it is brought from a notepad or clipboard.
>
>Is it possible to find it using MS-word code behind files?
>
>Please help if any body knows about it it's urgent please....
>
>Thank you.
0
Jay
1/23/2010 7:13:01 PM
Dear sir/Madam,
Actually i am not trying to cheat any body, i am trying to be fair with my
client.

First of all thanks for your needful reply, if it is not possible for me to
detect, is it possible to any software or programmed servers to find that?
Actually why i am asking more specifically because, i am a freelancer and two
boys works for me from remote place and they the will have to perform some
manual typing tasks given by me, in which they will have to type text on any
jpg file into word doc manually, this is the strict requirement of my client
too. So i have a doubt weather they are typing manually or using any
conversion s/w. Anyways finally they will send content filled word docs to me
through mails and i will have to send these docs to my client, if anyway my
client recognizes that those doc files have not been typed manually, he will
cut my deal.This is the problem actually i am facing. So will it be possible
for my client to find that those files have not been typed manually, using
any software or would any information be available behind the word codes
which are not seen by common mans like me.
Thanks.

indiana
1/24/2010 9:06:31 AM
Luc wrote:
>Indiana,
>Don't think there is a way to detect that.
>
>> Dear Sir/Mam
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>>
>> Thank you.
Dear Sir/Madam,
[...]

1/24/2010 9:07:21 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

Terry Farrell wrote:
>Most unlikely, especially if it was plain, unformatted text from Notepad.
>
>> Dear Sir/Mam
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>>
>> Thank you.

indiana
1/24/2010 9:07:51 AM
If the copy and pasting is done from a web page or from a heavily formatted
Word document and no effort is made to remove the styles and formatting of
the originals, then it would be suspicious by still not proven.  But if they
do this but paste into Notepad first or the use Paste Special, Text Only
feature, there is no way to know.

What you could do is to install Key Loggers onto their computers which
silently log EVERY keystroke they make on their computer. However, you MUST
explain to them that it is a requirement of the contract to type everything
and that the Key Loggers are a mandatory part of the contract.

Terry

"indiana via OfficeKB.com" <u57718@uwe> wrote in message
> Dear Sir/Madam,
> First of all thanks for your needful reply, if it is not possible for me
> detect, is it possible to any software or programmed servers to find that?
> Actually why i am asking more specifically because, i am a freelancer and
> two
> boys works for me from remote place and they the will have to perform some
> manual typing tasks given by me, in which they will have to type text on
> any
> jpg file into word doc manually, this is the strict requirement of my
> client
> too. So i have a doubt weather they are typing manually or using any
> conversion s/w. Anyways finally they will send content filled word docs to
> me
> through mails and i will have to send these docs to my client, if anyway
> my
> client recognizes that those doc files have not been typed manually, he
> will
> cut my deal.This is the problem actually i am facing. So will it be
> possible
> for my client to find that those files have not been typed manually, using
> any software or would any information be available behind the word codes
> which are not seen by common mans like me.
> Thanks.
>
> Terry Farrell wrote:
>>Most unlikely, especially if it was plain, unformatted text from Notepad.
>>
>>> Dear Sir/Mam
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>>>
>>> Thank you.

Terry
1/24/2010 10:12:05 AM
I hesitate to reply, but in the bizarre circumstances you describe, where
specific text must be entered in a document, it is possible that there are
non-display characters in the original text that could get copied across,
although they should all be visible if you set Word to display everything.
That said, I don't believe you can copy text from a jpeg, so it is all moot.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

> Dear sir/Madam,
> Actually i am not trying to cheat any body, i am trying to be fair with my
> client.
>
> First of all thanks for your needful reply, if it is not possible for me
> detect, is it possible to any software or programmed servers to find that?
> Actually why i am asking more specifically because, i am a freelancer and
> two
> boys works for me from remote place and they the will have to perform some
> manual typing tasks given by me, in which they will have to type text on
> any
> jpg file into word doc manually, this is the strict requirement of my
> client
> too. So i have a doubt weather they are typing manually or using any
> conversion s/w. Anyways finally they will send content filled word docs to
> me
> through mails and i will have to send these docs to my client, if anyway
> my
> client recognizes that those doc files have not been typed manually, he
> will
> cut my deal.This is the problem actually i am facing. So will it be
> possible
> for my client to find that those files have not been typed manually, using
> any software or would any information be available behind the word codes
> which are not seen by common mans like me.
> Thanks.

Tony
1/24/2010 10:18:52 AM
No but you could (probably) extract it with OCR.

I am however having difficulty understanding why this matters. It shouldn't
matter a jot whether the text is type, pasted or whatever as long as the end
result is the same. *Anything* can be copied. The (often minor) difficulty
is in reproducing the copy to match the original. In the case of Word, paste
special as unformatted text, should give results identical to typed text,
and there is no way of determining whether it was typed or pasted.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Tony Jollans" <My forename at my surname dot com> wrote in message
>I hesitate to reply, but in the bizarre circumstances you describe, where
>specific text must be entered in a document, it is possible that there are
>non-display characters in the original text that could get copied across,
>although they should all be visible if you set Word to display everything.
>That said, I don't believe you can copy text from a jpeg, so it is all
>moot.
>
> --
> Enjoy,
> Tony
>
> www.WordArticles.com
>
> "indiana via OfficeKB.com" <u57718@uwe> wrote in message
>> Dear sir/Madam,
>> Actually i am not trying to cheat any body, i am trying to be fair with
>> my
>> client.
>>
>> First of all thanks for your needful reply, if it is not possible for me
>> detect, is it possible to any software or programmed servers to find
>> that?
>> Actually why i am asking more specifically because, i am a freelancer and
>> two
>> boys works for me from remote place and they the will have to perform
>> some
>> manual typing tasks given by me, in which they will have to type text on
>> any
>> jpg file into word doc manually, this is the strict requirement of my
>> client
>> too. So i have a doubt weather they are typing manually or using any
>> conversion s/w. Anyways finally they will send content filled word docs
>> to me
>> through mails and i will have to send these docs to my client, if anyway
>> my
>> client recognizes that those doc files have not been typed manually, he
>> will
>> cut my deal.This is the problem actually i am facing. So will it be
>> possible
>> for my client to find that those files have not been typed manually,
>> using
>> any software or would any information be available behind the word codes
>> which are not seen by common mans like me.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --

Graham
1/24/2010 11:00:12 AM
Thanks for your needful advice.
Terry Farrell wrote:
>If the copy and pasting is done from a web page or from a heavily formatted
>Word document and no effort is made to remove the styles and formatting of
>the originals, then it would be suspicious by still not proven.  But if they
>do this but paste into Notepad first or the use Paste Special, Text Only
>feature, there is no way to know.
>
>What you could do is to install Key Loggers onto their computers which
>silently log EVERY keystroke they make on their computer. However, you MUST
>explain to them that it is a requirement of the contract to type everything
>and that the Key Loggers are a mandatory part of the contract.
>
>Terry
>
>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>> First of all thanks for your needful reply, if it is not possible for me
>[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]

indiana
1/24/2010 2:24:13 PM
Tony Jollans wrote:
>I hesitate to reply, but in the bizarre circumstances you describe, where
>specific text must be entered in a document, it is possible that there are
>non-display characters in the original text that could get copied across,
>although they should all be visible if you set Word to display everything.
>That said, I don't believe you can copy text from a jpeg, so it is all moot.
>
>> Dear sir/Madam,
>> Actually i am not trying to cheat any body, i am trying to be fair with my
>[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
>> which are not seen by common mans like me.
>> Thanks.

indiana
1/24/2010 2:25:34 PM
Hello,
Many schools use software for this. And not only teachers, it can be very
heplfull for students as well.
Example:
http://www.icto.tudelft.nl/en/icto-showcase/anti-plagiarism-software/
Or just search the Web on plagiarism-scanners/checkers

Flip

"indiana" <u57718@uwe> schreef in bericht news:a28d0899afae1@uwe...
> Dear Sir/Mam
>
> Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has not
> been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or
> clipboard,
> etc.,
>
> Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone
> copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily
> right?
> and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually
> they
> didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to
> find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed
> manually rather it is brought from a notepad or clipboard.
>
> Is it possible to find it using MS-word code behind files?
>
> Please help if any body knows about it it's urgent please....
>
> Thank you.

0
Flip
1/25/2010 12:38:23 PM
I don't think that this is appropriate. These people have jpegs (scans) of
documents that must be turned into editable text by typing in what they see
and not by pasting in the text as pictures. I don't think they are trying to
stop plagiarisms.

Terry

"Flip" <flipatkonitechpuntnl> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Many schools use software for this. And not only teachers, it can be very
> heplfull for students as well.
> Example:
> http://www.icto.tudelft.nl/en/icto-showcase/anti-plagiarism-software/
> Or just search the Web on plagiarism-scanners/checkers
>
> Flip
>

> "indiana" <u57718@uwe> schreef in bericht news:a28d0899afae1@uwe...
>> Dear Sir/Mam
>>
>> Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has
>> not
>> been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or
>> clipboard,
>> etc.,
>>
>> Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone
>> copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily
>> right?
>> and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually
>> they
>> didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to
>> find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed
>> manually rather it is brought from a notepad or clipboard.
>>
>> Is it possible to find it using MS-word code behind files?
>>
>> Please help if any body knows about it it's urgent please....
>>
>> Thank you.

0
Terry

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Exchange Groupshield Detected Items Problem
I've called McAfee on this problem and they said it was an exchange problem. In Groupshield I see items in the detected items list with a detected date of today, but when I look at the information icon it indicates it is a message from say 2 months ago. I've used the exchange utilities to perform an offline defrag and repair. Any help would be appreciated. Robin On Fri, 27 May 2005 09:12:03 -0700, "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've called McAfee on this problem and they said it was an exchange problem. > >In Groupshield I see it...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...

How is possible?
I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is still there and working. I cannot understand how this is possible. Would you anybody explain me? Thanks and regards Hello Salicilico, you wrote on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:21:32 GMT: > I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. > In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is > still there and working. > I cannot understand how this is possible. > Would you anybody expl...

possible R-NDR attack, not sure, please help
Thanks to all who help and hope to help others with same issue. Since yesterday a user on domain sent a mail out to 10 or so people. Ever since then everyone who was being sent the message including the sender is getting a message like this. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Donald Permenter Sent: 10/21/2005 5:54 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: username@aol.com. on 10/21/2005 5:55 AM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book,...

Is it possible to enter Credit Notes in CRM?
Hi, I'm having a problem entering Credit Notes in MS CRM. I'm migrating Credit Notes and Invoices into CRM from our accounts system for Sales History reference. Invoices and Invoice Details are migrating fine, Credits aren't. Invoice Detail lines with a negative quantity are not calculating the Extended Value (or feeding through to the Invoice total value). When I open the Invoice Product screen for these lines an "Invalid Quantity" message appears at the top of the screen, although it does display negative values like '-1'. I've modified the Invoice Produ...

Detecting Mouse Clicks in SDI
Hi I am a newbie asking a newbie question. I am supposed to Develop an SDI application that Draws Rectangles & Circles on the screen. Its functionality is similar to the Paint Draw Polygon & Draw Ellipse wherein a user left clicks and drags the mouse till a rectangle/circle of desired size is obtained. I am only having problem in detecting Mouse Clicks & Cursor Position in CView. How do I go about it? Thanks in advance for taking the trouble to solve my doubt. >I am a newbie asking a newbie question. I am supposed to Develop an SDI >application that Draws Rectangles & C...

Is this possible in PowerShell?
Hi, I am fairly new to PowerShell and already in love. I am pretty sure this is possible, but not sure how to do this. I am running bunch of command line commands from PowerShell. Each command spits out a log (in a weird format). Here is an example of a log file: http://www.box.net/shared/mz32eremi6 I will have hundreds of these logs and need to parse that data (only few values are needed: command, IOs/sec, MBs/sec, min/max/avg latency) and store that in the database. I was about to do this with database cursor, but that's pretty crappy solution. How do I pars...

Integraion possibilities
Hi I'm looking at ways of integrating our bespoke application into Outlook. I'm hoping to find out what is possible and sensible before spending a lot of time on the details. The application involves queueing jobs, both audio files and word files. The user then needs to select the next job from a folder and launch the bespoke editing app. (setting status, typing content, setting parameters). This also calls MS Word for typing. I guess I need Exchange to provide the bespoke folders. Can I run the application within Outlook window, so it seems to be contained within Outlook? Or will ...

Notification possible?
Hiya Once a month I build a spreadsheet which other users access until I do the next one. There is a balance figure on the s/sheet which should always be zero until I come to build the next s/sheet. The other users should not do anything which will change the zero figure - if they do, it means they've screwed something on my lovely s/sheet! Is there any way I can set it so that if the figure changes from zero an email (or some other alert/notification) is sent to me, so I can immediately go and investigate the problem? Thanks for any help! -- TIA Da\/e Please reply to group Dave &...

Dates column Is this possible
Hello, I wonder if I can somehow set up a sheet, where column represents the date. And the current date is automatically entered i column A each time a new row is used? Can it be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That can be done. When you say a new row is used. How is it "used"??? That would influence how your desire is met. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Debptg >" <<Debptg.1b5bq4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Debptg.1b5bq4@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, I wonder if I can somehow set up a sheet,...

print in word not possible
hi everyone... i have my problems with microsoft word. when i want to print a doc, my word quit everytime. work with Mac osx 10.2.8, office x power pc g4 466 mhz 1.25 gb ram and i print with a hp deskjet 3820 thanx for your help.....greez rupi You definitely need to download and install the latest Office X updates, which are 10.1.2, 10.1.4, and 10.1.5 (10.1.3 is unnecessary). They�re available from Microsoft. Simply applying them all might fix the problem. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX> If that doesn't help, try repairing permissions. For OS 10.2....

Is it possible to bring back the normal menu?
When I click to create a new/blank template (File/New) it launches this annoying panel on the side of the app. It doesn't follow the normal flow of opening a new/blank file for most other Microsoft applications. Basically, I'd like to be able to click File, click New, then bam there is my blank excel document. don't make me hunt on the rgiht for another thing to click on. It doesn't do that if you select the new sheet icon on the standard format bar. I have Office 2002, so I don't know how it works on other systems. "Jason" <Jason@discussions.micros...

does it possible???
Hi, Does it possible to recover a field from a form in a toolbar? For example the web site from an account in the "ISV test" button? Thanks for your help... Not quite sure what you are trying to do. Can you provide more details? Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:49:08 +0200, "s.caron" <s.caron@e-svp.com> wrote: Hi, Does it possible to recover a field from a form in a toolbar? For example the web site from an account in the "ISV test" button? Thanks for your help... ok ...

Is this possible? 02-19-10
Hi all, exchnage 2003 sp2/outlook 2003 since we can not set any limit on the message size, most internal users send large size attachment each other. some times, it will cause our mail server queued up and delay messages delivery. Just wonder is there a way to set size on the internal messages (inside organization)? Thank you. Yes, there is a way. In ESM 'Global Settings', 'Message Delivery', 'Defaults' tab. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D874D13-1B39-4A4A-A194-CA99E488F62B@microsoft.com... &g...

Possible to undo declining a meeting invitation?
I am using Outlook 2003. Occasionally I decline a meeting invitation in error. The invitation is then moved to Deleted Items. If I open the invitation from my Deleted items folder and click on Accept, I get an error message "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." If I try to move the invitation back to my Inbox (by dragging or by using File | Move to Folder), Outlook just creates a new mail message with the meeting invitation attached. Am I out of luck if I mistakenly decline an invitation? Thanks. if you open it and use the move to fold...