internet files

when i want to open files from net i can not read it in my microsoft word, it
is unreadable

Are you sure the files is in a format that can be opened by Word? Have you tried
saving them to your hard drive and then opening them? (I'm assuming you're being
cautious so that you don't download a virus.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"badraddin" <badraddin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i want to open files from net i can not read it in my microsoft word, it
> is unreadable

0
Stefan
6/5/2010 1:44:19 PM
Are they Word documents?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"badraddin" <badraddin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i want to open files from net i can not read it in my microsoft word,
> it
> is unreadable

0
Graham

change path of storage, log files etc.
Hi, I just installed new Exchange 2003. Exchange is installed on default partition c:\ I want to move storage, log files and other stuff which possible to move to D:\ How I can do it automatically without changing path manually. One guy mention that I have to click on server icon in ESM and utility is there... I didn't find it :) Please help. thx. Michael. On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 19:02:02 -0800, "MLA!" <MLA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I just installed new Exchange 2003. >Exchange is installed on default partition c:\ >I want to move storage, log fil...

error in script from internet explorer
when i use online help i cannot click a link without getting an error from I.E. concerning the script ...

Install the internet pack for Internet Explorer
--sstgmprmnanztmshb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dyatvmthbtnsg"; type="multipart/alternative" --dyatvmthbtnsg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbkzxamyh" --fbkzxamyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain ...

Excel file won't open
When logged in under my own profile and I try to open an Excel file fro Explorer I get the following message - 'Cannot find the file filename.XLS (or one of its components). Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all require libraries are available. ' Excel itself opens but the file won't. However If I open the fil through Excel using File | Open it works fine (i.e. not throug Explorer). I've tried the fixes suggested on the MS site but they don' work, I've also uninstalled and reinstalled office. Strangely when I log on under a different profile on m...

Orphan Ost file
is there any way to convert an old ost file to a pst file? or merge two ost files togeter ? I'm using Exchange server 2003 Outlook 2003 Thanks Norm Yep, got some money left? http://officerecovery.com/exchange/ -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Norman" <norman@scallycomputechs.com> wrote in message news:901d4269.0404121109.6aa01f9c@posti...

Manually remove folders file (Outlook 2000)
hello, MS Office 2000 (Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 IMO) I have a user who appears to have 2 open folders, when i click on one of them i get the following error: "Unable to display the folder. The requested information store could not be found in the active profile." But his normal Outlook Today - Personal Folder is active and running properly. I can't remove this "dummy" folder file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, yt AirYT <airyt@funkychickens.org> wrote: > MS Office 2000 (Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 IMO) > I have a user who appears to h...

Money 2004 internet update
My 2004 is not updating properly, infact not at all. When I press update now it will crash the program. My internet settings and bank setting are correct. This problem is only happening on my Dell computer running windows 2000. Ijust installed a new graphix card and I am running a dual monitor setup. It updated once after I installed the card then not again after that. I loaded the program on my laptop to test it and all features work fine. Are there any known issues in regards to graphix cards ore running in a dual monitor set up? Well... It is definatly the video card. I disabled ...

Changing File Location on General Tab
I know how to change a file location in Excel for the default location on the general tab. My problem is that location no longer exists, so I need to change it. Now I cannot get the General tab to open because it simply gives me a message that it cannot find the old location. Is there a way around this so I can get the General tab open and make the location change? Office XP Thanks! You can use RegEdit to change it: Change the value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\Options\AltStartup HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "mfanclub" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Internet Explorer
I am running Win XP 2 and have automatic upgrades ticked. IE upgraded to 8, then problems. I cannot open a MS window, try's to open but closes half why through. Same when I try to open Win Media Player, opens but when I click to play window closes. Reverted back to IE 7 but problem remains. Can open MS windows using Firefox but not media player. Tried running IE diagnostics but problem remains. Any-one any idea's? Its driving me crazy. -- clanbull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clanbull's Profile: http://forums.techarena.i...

Please help with txt file
I would like to save a file as a txt file and then see the tab character when I open it up in notepad. Anyone know how? I don't think Notepad will show the tabs. Can you open it in MSWord and turn on Tools|options|View tab|Check Tab Characters. Or you can hit the pilcrow (the funny looking backward P character on the standard toolbar) to see all the formatting characters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilcrow (to see what icon I mean) sleepless in san jose wrote: > > I would like to save a file as a txt file and then see the tab character when > I open it up in notepad. A...

Command Line Utility to split text file by number of lines
I'm looking for an windows command line utility that can split files by number of line. Most of them are by bytes... can anyone recommend ? Thanks. You could write your own or try this: <http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/> If you tell me what you want to do, I can do it for you and send you by email. Send me a sample file and tell me how many lines in each file and I will do it for you. Make sure the files are text files not binary files because lines only apply to text files. hth dingdongdingding wrote: > > I'm looking for an windows command line ...

How can I move files?
I have stup my system so that from time to time I use a Ghost copy and start fresh. I only play two games - EA Sports Madden 2007 and EA Sports ML Baseball 2005. They both have files one can move to another drive and start fresh from. What folder can I copy and then apply after a Ghost? thanks "webfinder" <find@grindere.com> wrote in message news:Xns9A0633F2283FFfinner@207.115.33.102... >I have stup my system so that from time to time I use a Ghost copy and > start fresh. I only play two games - EA Sports Madden 2007 and EA Sports > ML Baseball 2005. They ...

FATAL error : Language database file
Dear All, Have any one experience this problem?? FATAL error : Language database file c:\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\MGRLanguage.dat not found. Plus.... the application store manager/store pos/store administrator cannot be open.... it was saying not a valid win32 application. It happen in two shops with data residing on it. I'm using 1.3.0203 GregDxb wrote: > Dear All, > > Have any one experience this problem?? > > FATAL error : Language database file c:\documents and > settings\administrator\desktop\MGRLanguage.dat not found. why you hav...

Internet Explorer Problem
I have a weird one that I haven't been able to solve and need some help. My Internet Explorer browser on my XP machine will not run in 'Admin' mode but runs fine in any of the user modes on the machine. I've done what I can to reset IE to original settings and no luck which leads to to believe that the program, in of itself, is okay but there's apparently some registry key I need to tweak to get it running again in Admin mode. If I boot up into a general user mode OR 'switch user', it's fine. So I'm hopeful that a MS engineer might see this and b...

excel file can't be opened #2

Duplicate Files Created
Have a user who is working on a spreadsheet. When she saves her changes, and exits out of the spreadsheet, it creates a duplicate file. It is an unassociated file, but it does open with Excel. Are you sure it's an exact duplicate??? When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name. Common things that get blame...

*.srs file causes "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message when you click Send and Receive in Outlook <1169176071.683743.154260@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
I found that when ever a new profile is created in outlook a new *.srs (send receive settings)file exists. The *.srs file contains hard coded paths to the local cached pst files in documents and settings \blah\blah. Answer: Close outlook, simply delete all the *srs files from %userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Outlook. EG C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.srs When outlook is re-opened it will create a new *.srs file (* = the name of your profile in outlook) Answer 2 When using IMAP with outlook we found that on some PC's they hang when ...

Rmsnet and Internet order
It seems that information on this subject is hard to come by so I am hoping someone here has a little insight. Way back when, we used to use Quicksell 2000 for our brick and mortar POS. We also use Storefront V5 for our web store. SMSPOS used to host a server where we could export our Storefront orders in Yahoo XML format to a specific directory. This was done from within the Storefront software using the HTTP POST method. The XML was posted to an asp script which I suppose parsed the XML and created a file suitable for import into Quicksell. We would then connect to that server via a keystro...

.pdf file not working in UserForm
SITUATION: want to place a .pdf file in a UserForm so when a user clicks a CommandButton in a worksheet, the UserForm comes up displaying the .pdf file and the user can scroll through the pages. WHAT’S BEEN DONE: 1. UserForm3 created. 2. Adobe AcroPDF1 control inserted/confirmed in UserForm – from Toolbox. 3. CommandButton1 inserted in worksheet. 4. The following code inserted in Module1 [thanks go to Jacob Skaria on MSDN]: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With Me.AcroPDF1 .LoadFile "S:\.........\DTM-09-007.pdf" [the ...

Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) not facing the internet
I have microsoft sharepoint running with small business server 2007 on an application server. I'm trying to host Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Internet Facing Deployment (IFD). I've set up the DNS to point to the server where CRM is running on IIS I've opened up permissions for it in IIS The Firewall is as open as I can figure out to get it. Port forwarded and translated in the NAT policies I even set up a sub-domain on my domain provider to point to the the static IP And that static IP points to our private IP in the DNS(as stated above). I ran the IFD tool, I believe correctly, beca...

PST file won't open #2
I reformatted my hard disk and saved (exported) PST files before doing so - but now office 2003 won't reload the PST folders on my CD rom. I saved them first to the desktop of course. Outlook tells me the file is not a personal folders file even though I can see the PST extension. It simply refuses to open the old files even though I composed them as an exported file from outlook 2003 before reformatting the HD. I tried pstscan.exe and various proprietary recovery tools with no help. I am running win XP as well. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks - F Did y...

Millionaire at 31...on the internet #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Import csv file of users into Exchange 2003
Hi, I am using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have recently been asked to incorporate a list of 2000+ users/e-mails from a csv file so that our internal users can use select the names from the address book. It is likely that this list will be update on a monthly basis, therefore I need to be able to remove entries and re-populate with the new list. Is the best method for doing this via the Csvde utility? Do the users have to become a part of Active Directory? Can I create them into a separate list which can be accessible via internal users accessing the address book and selecting a "...

Attaching Files in Business Portal 4.0
Hello: When I try to load a picture file to a web part in Business Portal 4.0, it only shows the little white box with a red x. I type the path correctly and when I “test link” it even opens the file, but it does not display. Maybe I can only display a certain picture file type? I’ve tried jpg, tiff, and eps. All return the white box with red x. I have some pictures in the library. How can I link to a picture file in the library? Thanks! childofthe1980s Have you added your BP site to your IE trusted sites? -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Bus...

Corrupt *.pst file
Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and has become corrupt. Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe mode, but Outlook still can not open. Have created a new *.pst file and attempted to import from the old, same results. No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through adding new folder to existing Outlook. Any thoughts ?? Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail. "metric4u@yahoo.com" wrote: > Have a large *.pst file that was running during a ...