I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on

I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on every 5 min. to
the file it is from.

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"charliebuck" <charliebuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on every 5 min.
> the file it is from.

0
Suzanne

I would like to
I would like to have the Sales rep printed on the receipt, how do I accomplish this? Craig, Download the Receipt - 40 column with Sales Rep from here; http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu You must have access to CustomerSource. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** &qu...

Saving to HTML in Publisher 98
How do I save all pages at once to HTML rather than one page at a time. This seems so long winded, and if I just do it once then most of the links do not work. The upgrade to Pub 2003 is worth it. P. "Ian Pengelly" wrote: > How do I save all pages at once to HTML rather than one page at a time. This > seems so long winded, and if I just do it once then most of the links do not > work. ...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

File atachment is automatic
When I send an E-mail, the main body of the text repeats itself appearing as a file attachment. Sorry for this Newbie question. Is one of my Outlook Express settings wrong. I am using Windows XP NEIL HAMPSHIRE <neil.hampshire@btinternet.com> wrote: > When I send an E-mail, the main body of the text repeats itself > appearing as a file attachment. > > Sorry for this Newbie question. Is one of my Outlook Express settings > wrong. I am using Windows XP Ask in an Outloko Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Word 2007 document view stretched with new wide screen monitor
I have a new Dell computer with a 21.5" W Full HD monitor. It stretches the view. How can I get my docs to be in normal view or in scale. This is also happening with other software (photoshop, etc.) which I have had to purchase the latest versions to be able to correct. Any ideas? Someone offered a macro to correct it, but that is all new to me. Not certain how to even start. Suggested macro below: Sub Makro1() With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom .PageFit = wdPageFitFullPage .Percentage = 25 .PageFit = wdPageFitNone End With End Sub ...

Making Excel act like a database.
I need some help on a common problem in our company. We have several clients that we have agreed to do some Excel 2003 spreadsheets for. The spreadsheets analyze our performance for them. These spreadsheets follow a very specific formatting that the clients have gotten use to and are unwilling to change. When we have to update the spreadsheets once a month, it can take all day to do the updating for each client because we are currently using copy and paste to get the data in the right cells. I'll explain more in a second, but what I am hoping to find out from this posting is alternate...

how do i save .pub document in html?
I upgraded from Pubs98 to Pubs 2003. In 98 when I would save as HTML, the folder was about 1-2 mb in size. When I save in html in 2003, my folder is 25-30 mb and has duplicate images in .png (?) format. Am I doing something wrong? No you are not. Significant changes took place in version 2002 and also 2003. Visit the web forum - microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign - to catch up and visit the FAQ page - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "LarryJon" <LarryJon@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

WBS
I'm spending almost all of my time working in a schedule (with +/- 2500 lines) that was first setup by someone else and when I insert new tasks or move existing ones around, project doesn't automatically adjust the WBS the number so that it matches the sequence of the tasks. So after I've put tasks into the order that I want them, I have to edit the WBS so they are in order. However, I noticed that on a schedule that I recently created from scratch, the WBS numbers do renumber when I move or add tasks. Keep in mind that I'm referring to what I call the "termin...

Saving password on email account with XP Pro
I have entered 'save password yes' with setting up a pop3 email account using outlook 2000 and XP pro. It does not save the password. Any help would be appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >I have entered 'save password yes' with setting up a pop3 >email account using outlook 2000 and XP pro. It does not >save the password. Any help would be appreciated. >. >Refer to Knowledge Base Article 290684 For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW...

COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA
I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. DATE CUSTOMER PART MACH # QTY TOTAL 8/9/2004 A 111 B9 2 13.46 8/9/2004 S 123 B9 4 26.92 6/4/2004 S 123 C14 5 31.95 6/1/2004 M 2131 C14 12 29.88 7/22/2004 B 13123 C3 1 0.75 7/5/2004 A 12312 C4 1 0.75 7/5/2004 ...

Office Save to current folder
Everytime I open a folder and I want to do a save as to the current = folder=20 that I open the file from. Office (word,Excel) go back the the folder = that I last=20 save to. Does any one know how to set up Office to save to the current=20 folder where you open the file from? What version are you using? I think this is a known design flaw in Office 2001 and X, and don't recall that there was a solution. One workaround for 2001 is setting up the Favorites and Recent icons (folder and clock) that are in the Save As dialog, so that you at least have easy access to your commonly used folde...

"Edit and Continue" not working with VC6
I use VC++ 6. If I create a new project, 'Edit and Continue' seems to work OK, but it doesn't work with the old project I'm working on which is an old project, that I had created with a previous version of Visual C++. I'm pretty sure that I have all the right settings enabled. But the 'Apply Code Changes' menu command is always greyed whenever I make changes, and E&C doesn't work whatever I do. Has anyone come across this before and have any ideas of things I could try? TIA Simon I'm probably not much help here since I haven't used 6...

SQL form code not working properly
Hello. I am using the following code in a form in OnCurrent and AfterUpdate field. However, when it is initiated, I receive a debug error. Any idea what I am doing wrong with this or how I can change it to make it work? Thanks. On Current and Type_AfterUpdate Private subs Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.Type = "Oil" Then Me.Gallon_Rate.Enabled = True Me.Gallon_Quantity.Enabled = True Me.Total_Cost.Enabled = True Me.Bill_Period_Start.Enabled = False Me.Bill_Period_End.Enabled = False Me.KWH.Enabled = False Me.Charges.Enabled = False ElseIf Me.Type = ...

run macros automatically
i have got around 10 macros in a excel spreadsheet. i want all of them to run when i open the file. or there should be a button which will runs all the macros whenever the user wants. You can do it either way really, First create a new macro, that runs all the ten macros that are in your workbook. If you want this macro to run whenever the sheet is opened, save it with the name 'Auto_Exec' and it will run automatically when you open the book. If you want to execute the macro on a button press, you can call it any name you wish. Next you will need to create a new button, so go ...

Improve Documentation on Notes and Comments
One area that I believe the online help could really be improved upon on screen level help. To understand the difference between the notes and comments, how they are stored, and availability on forms. I had never paid attention until it became an issue I was asked about. Anyway, just a thought for future improvements from MSBS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

send/receive not work automatically in OL 2002
I'm new to Outlook 2002 after having used Netscape 7.1. I cannot receive email automatically. I have to click the Send/Receive Button to get new messages and that does work. In Netscape the messages are downloaded automatically and I also tried Outlook Express, which downloaded automatically too, but this is not happening in Outlook. I'm stymied. I have DSL. Account type is POP/SMTP I've gone to Tools> Options> Mail Setup> Send/Receive> Setting for Group "All Accounts"> When Outlook is Online > Schedule an automatic send/receive every 7 minute...

Automatically Starting a Excel Addin
Hi We are using Excel 2000 and have a Addin that create a extra Tool bar. What we want to do is get this automatically loaded everytime someone loads Excel. If I go to Tool \ Addin and tick our addin it loads everytime OK. But we don't want to get all our users to have to do this themselves, if we know either the regit key or file that we needed to puch out to our users we could turn this setting on for them. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Paul www.purenetworking.net Jan Karel Pieterse used a helper workbook that added an addin in his namemanager utility. You can find it a...

My Headers are Spam Like
I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. I think it's a dns problem because SERVERA.COMPANYB doesn't resolve to anything. Is there any way I can get a .COM into that header? dlw wrote: > I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages > say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is > SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. > I think it's a...

Automatic add-on to individual calendars
I would like to send several meeting invitations to the whole company - 42 people. However I would like to add them to the individual calendars without having to send an invitation to the individual, and be dependant on their accept. Is this possible - maybe with some kind of rule? Rules won't do it. If you have write permissions to their calendars you can add appointments directly, but it would be a lot of work to do it 42 calendars. Its easier to send the invites and tell them its required and they must accept. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express?
Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express, where they appear underneath the message body? Alternatively, can I "preview" them, rather than having to start up my image editing program just to see them? Thanks. No you can't view them inline. Have you tried changing the default program for opening images to your preview program so that it starts up automatically when you double click on an image attachment? "tasbill" <bill_griffin1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02c501c393c4$d8bc5480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can I view ima...

Unable to Save Free/Busy Information
We are using Outlook 2003 SP2 (11.8002.6568) with Exchange 2003 SP2 and are experiencing the message "Microsoft Office Outlook Unable to Save Free/Busy Information" on some of our systems when creating an appointment on the local calendar. If creating an appointment in a public folder calendar the message is not displayed. We have tried to run Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch, but receive the message "Unable to clean your local free/busy information." We have also tried to recreate the users' mail profile on the local system and that has not helped. We ...

Can I update the sender filtering list automatically
I have a list of senders, about 300 that I would like to filter from my exchange server. The sender filtering tab, only lets you add them one at a time. How can I have exchange reject the entire list of senders, without having to enter them one at a time. Hello, Sender filter is stored in AD in a field named: msExchTurfListNames of the organization. you can write a script that read data from your text file and populate this attribute Hope this info help you Thanks Fadi Nabil "steve tysinger" wrote: > I have a list of senders, about 300 that I would like to filter from...

How do I protect work sheet against the "Delete" function?
I have a shared worksheet full of textual data (names). I want the users to be able to freely move the data around the sheet by simple pointer movement or through cut and paste. However, deleting any data (even if immediate re-entering elsewhere is intended) must not be allowed in any circumstance. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks Kevin Nurse If I had to do this, I think I'd provide a macro that did exactly what I wanted done and no more. I'd protect the worksheet and then ask the user to select the from range and to range and do the copy in code (also unprotecting and th...

Sent items suddenly stopped being saved in Outlook 2000
Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this post. I have a user whose sent email suddenly stopped being saved to the sent folder. This is the same for all messages; new, replied and forwarded. I have checked all of the settings (several times). The email options and advanced email options are as they should be. All of the messages appear to have been received. However since many of our clients tend to lose things, having these messages saved is imperative. I even saw mention that the sent items folder might have a size limit. I tried clearing some stuff out. That didn&#...

Send Brochure Electronically like It appear as if in print
I am re-posting this because someone replied to send as an attachment, but that doesn't have it appear as a 3 page panel brochure- does someone know how to do this (see below) I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I...