How to record a macro to automatically format a picture in Word 20

Hi, I'm stuck here at 2AM trying to figure out how to create a macro that will:

copy a PowerPoint slide, paste into a Word document as a JPEG, then format
the picture so it's recolor to grayscale, resize to 2.06 x 2.75 dimensions

It seems to macro does not record the actual formatting portion of the
process!

HELP please.

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

How to change the color of a cell using conditional formatting?
The question does not really detail my issue, so here it is. How do I change the color of a cell based on three conditions. How should I structure the conditional format rule if the cell is "not blank" and is "not equal to" two specific numbers. For example, F4 is not blank, F4 does not equal 12345, and F4 does not equal 98765. I know its probably something extremely easy to do, but the checking for "not blank" is stumping me. Use this formula: =AND(F4<>"",F4<>12345,F4<>98765) <>"" means: not equal t...

Need Unprotect/Protect for Excel Macro
Hello there, I need the code to put into a macro to go in and unprotect a sheet (just long enough for me to insert some data)...then re-protect the sheet before saving. This way....the user cannot destroy the data or formula in teh protected sheet. How do I do this? Is there a global command or do I have to imput my password when I ask it to follow me recording the macro. Please help! Anyone!! Thanks!! Wade Previous post of J E McGimpseys will give you the syntax Sub Toggleprotect2() Const PWORD As String = "ken" Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each sh ...

How to remove automatic calculate function?
My excel always 'calculates' even when I am only typing a word or just a number. There are no filters or formulae, it happens when I just open a new book. How do I avoid this? Check out the options under Tools>Options>Calculation.. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Carol" wrote: > My excel always 'calculates' even when I am only typing a word or just a > number. There are no filters or formulae, it happens when I just open a new > book. How do I avoid this? There must be Volatile Functions in your Workbook. -- Regards Dave Haw...

Conditional Formatting 11-07-07
Is it possible to apply conditional formatting if the field contains a certain word along with any other text? I want to highlight a record if a certain field contains the word "report." Yes, it is possible. Instead of conditional formatting of Field Value is = "Report Due" Try EXPRESSION is [SomeField] Like "*Report*" -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "amandap83" <amandap83@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Start Up Macro
How do I create a macro that runs automatically when the spreadsheet i opened -- colinfraser@prosealuk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- colinfraser@prosealuk.com's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=523 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=126905 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i right click the excel icon in the upper left next to file>select workbook open> put it in there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "colinfraser@prosealuk.com" <colinfraserprosea...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

automatically unprotect vba-project
Hi, is it possible to unprotect a password-protected excel-addin by code or does the user needs to enter it allways manually? neither the unprotect method of the coressponding workbook object nor the password-parameter of the "open" function seems to do what I need :-( kind regards It can be done, but it involves the use of SendKeys which isn't too stable. This is an example, but you may need to tune it With Application .SendKeys "%{F11}", True ' VBE .SendKeys "^r", True ' Set focus to Explorer ...

VBA MACRO Emergency!!!!
My spreadsheet has hundreds of rows with blank rows in between. The only way I know that I am at the end of the data is to find 20 consecutive blank rows. Example below. I need to evaluate row, if this is not the last row then proceed with my other logic so forth and so on. If it is the last row, I need to return to A7 and proceed with my other logic. A 1.XXXXXXXX 2. 3.XXXXXXXX 4.XXXXXXXX 5.XXXXXXXX 6. 7. 8. 9.XXXXXXXX 10.XXXXXXXX 11-20 are blank Thanks in advance OS The easiest way to find your end of data is : LastRow = [A65000].End(xlUp).Row Regards. Daniel > My spread...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

automatic markup calculation dependent on price vale
I need to create a sheet that will calculate markups on based on purchase price eg if cost = a markup = 200%, if cost =b markup = 150% if cost = c markup = 135%. I have tried following but get zero for an answer on any figure entered '=IF(OR(G6<=10),H6=G6*2,IF(OR(G6>10,G<30),H6=G6*1.5,IF(OR(G6>30),H6=G6*1.35))) This should work =IF(G6<=10,G6*2,IF(OR(G6>10,G6<30),G6*1.5,G6*1.35)) entered into the cell H6 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Veg-man" <Veg-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B3...

excel macro mail send
Hello, I'm using this vb macro code for sending mail. --------------------------------------------------------------- Sub mailto_Selection() Dim Email As String, Subj As String, cell As Range Dim response As Variant Dim msg As String, url As String Email = "" 'create list below Subj = "Family Newsletter" msg = "Here needs to be named range from excel(some text)" '-- Create the URL For Each cell In Selection Email = Email & cell.Text & "; " Next cell url = "mailto:" &...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Can you make a Rule to test the absence of words?
Outlook 2003. Is there a way to create a rule that tests for the absence of words or phrases? For example, "move the email to x folder if the subject does NOT include "word y". Yes, you can construct a rule with no conditions, a move action, and an = "except if subject contains word y" exception condition.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcod...

how do i open a second workbook automatically
i have tried all of the following Double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code to the right code pane. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Workbooks.Open Me.Path & "\data.xls" End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() Workbooks.Open ("C:\data.xls") End Sub > Private Sub Workbook_Open() > Workbooks.Open Filename:="D:\lorne stewart\timesheet\2008\data.xls" > End Sub i have several answers but none work What do you mean when you say it doesn't work? Do you get an error message or does nothing seem to happen at all? If ...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Macro Keys no functioning via Keystroke
I have set up a number of marcos assigned to Function keys, but though they function fine when triggering them with the mouse, you can't use them via a Keystroke. ie Alt F11. Does anyone have any suggestions? were they created with a mouse? try creating them with the keyboard only. "Tom" <ttaylor@cherrybrook.com> wrote in message news:563701c5258c$4e5cf050$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have set up a number of marcos assigned to Function > keys, but though they function fine when triggering them > with the mouse, you can't use them via a Keystroke. ie Alt >...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

Configuring a single mailbox to automatically old email...
On a number of the servers that we maintain we route spam to a spam@domain.com mailbox... These boxes get pretty full pretty quick and then it becomes difficult for the persons monitoring them to delete anything in a timely fashion... Is there a way to set parameters for either a single mailbox or a group of boxes to say automatically delete anything older then say 15 days? Thanks, Q Logic Q Logic wrote: > On a number of the servers that we maintain we route spam to a > spam@domain.com mailbox... These boxes get pretty full pretty quick > and then it becomes difficult for the p...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Inventory Reconcile Macro
Does anyone have a macro already recorded to enter dynamics and run and inventoroy reconcile (including the manufacturing module where it reconiles picklists.)? If so would they like to share it? If I have to I will come in after hours to record but would like to avoid this if possible. thanks -- Doug You'll need a tool called auto-dim to make this work. It's available from support. That will allow you to schedule a job that will launch GP, run a macro and then exit unattended. I'm not aware of any limitations on the macro(s) that can be run. -- Jim@TurboChef &quo...

Excel 2002 Date Formatting
Assuming the date entered is "01.27.2005", I want to format as "JAN.2005" (not "Jan.2005") - is this possible? Can you use a helper cell and show the results there? =UPPER(TEXT(DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","/")),"mmm.yyyy")) Worked ok with my USA date settings (mdy). substitute() changed the dots to slashes. datevalue() made it a real date text() changed it to Jan.2005 and upper() changed the case. skoladycz wrote: > > Assuming the date entered is "01.27.2005", I want to format as "JAN.2005" > (not &...

Setting up pictures, etc on pages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C90473.04CE5130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm not sure what to call this. I think it something to do with = templates or master pages. =20 I'm making 2009 calendars, using one I made in 2007 to go by. Not sure = where I got that from, but I think I modified one from Pub 2003. I'm not = using Pub 2007 I changed the months to 2009 that was no problem. Now I'm putting new = pictures on the tops (it's 12 pages, with a picture...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...