How to limit text height entered into a Legacy Form Text Form Field

Hi folks
Hopefully someone can help me here as Ive spent hours looking on the
web for an answer :(
I have created a form which is protected, so people can only see the
form and then enter text into Text Form Fields. When I type into this
field, the text wraps around before it reaches the end (width) of the
box but not the height! How do I limit the text so that the number of
lines typed in is only as much as is visible within the box? (height)?
thanks

corelli
0
corelli

In the unprotected form template, right-click the Text Form Field and set
the maximum number of characters. You can work out the maximum that will fit
by typing 8s into the field and counting the characters (an 8 being the
widest character). You could add a few extra characters to that total
because it is safe to assume that someone will not fill it exclusively with
8s and Bs, but you will stop the problem.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"corelli" <corelli.566bba2@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi folks
> Hopefully someone can help me here as Ive spent hours looking on the
> web for an answer :(
> I have created a form which is protected, so people can only see the
> form and then enter text into Text Form Fields. When I type into this
> field, the text wraps around before it reaches the end (width) of the
> box but not the height! How do I limit the text so that the number of
> lines typed in is only as much as is visible within the box? (height)?
> thanks

> corelli

0
Terry
12/10/2009 4:15:36 PM
Although you can limit the number of characters as Terry suggests, an
approach often used by form designers is to place the form field in a table
cell with preferred column width (auto resizing disabled) and exact row
height. Although users can enter more than can be displayed or printed, they
will usually get the message when their text starts disappearing.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"corelli" <corelli.566bba2@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi folks
> Hopefully someone can help me here as Ive spent hours looking on the
> web for an answer :(
> I have created a form which is protected, so people can only see the
> form and then enter text into Text Form Fields. When I type into this
> field, the text wraps around before it reaches the end (width) of the
> box but not the height! How do I limit the text so that the number of
> lines typed in is only as much as is visible within the box? (height)?
> thanks

> corelli

0
Suzanne

Forms and Reports Don't Retain Size on Opening
I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my client's system (and on another computer of mine), forms and reports open in postage stamp size (or close to it). What could be the cause of this and how do I correct it? -- susan Check the pop-up property and make sure it is set to no. Or, if they are, you can expand them or set a new size, save them, and then they should open correctly. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Susan L" wrote: > I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my ...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Dollar text
Hi I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I write a Check? You might look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 -- Jim "Plumb34" <Plumb34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE4A7F72-B1BE-4AA1-95BE-630B662951A7@microsoft.com... | Hi | I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to | convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I | write a Check? | |...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

access2007 option group dotted line box around text
I have an access 2007 application with a form with a unbound option box with three option buttons and labels. When I select them sometimes the dotted box shows around 2 of the labels. The options have values 1, 2 and 3. Not sure why it is not just showing the dotted line box around the selected option? Any tips to fix it? Mark see my previous post for suggestions and resolution. I accidentally thought a deleted this one and it didn't post. Mark "Mark Andrews" <mandrewsNOSPAM@rptsoftware.com> wrote in message news:Okuv5ohaKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05....

Text box format
Hello, today I ask my first question in this forum *flourish* Can I "paste" the format of a text box to another in a similiar way as I can do with text formats ? I only found out, that I can set a standard for new text boxes. But I need more. *g* -- Andrea Dauwen-Ritter Marketing Support Germany How about you tell us which version of Publisher you are using!!! A baptism in fire!!! "°°MS-Publisher°°" wrote: > How about you tell us which version of Publisher you are using!!! > > A baptism in fire!!! *crawling out of the smoke with brai...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Form Appears Blank in Read Only .mdb
I have an mdb file that is located in a folder on our network where only I have write permissions. The mdb file has one form that views data from a linked table in another mdb file. When other users open the mdb file located in the read only directory, the message pops up "The database "*.mdb" is read-only. You won't be able to save changes made to data or object definitions in this database." This is fine, they don't need to save any changes. But when the form loads it is totally blank. How can I resolve this? Thanks, Graham Sounds like the form's DataE...

Hide a text box
On sheet 3 of my workbook I have created a button (button 62) and a text box (textbox 63). What I want to do is use the button to toggle the text box on and off. By that I want to be able to show the box or hide the box. I have tried to copy code from the MS Visual Basic Help but it did not work, basically because I have no idea what I am doing. Can someone lease help? Orf Bartrop Under my Excel - 2000 I don't think you can hide a text box But I hope Im wrong it would be a good idea Steve On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 05:45:55 +0100, Orf Bartrop <orf@southcom.com.au> = wrote: > On...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

How do I precisely set the height of rows in a table?
Having imported a table from Excel and resized it to fit the page, the row heights are now uneven - I want each row to be 1cm high. When trying to drag each row boundary to make the row 1cm high, the permitted increments seem to be uneven too and will not allow me to do what I want. Suggestions please! Publisher doesn't have exact cell measurement options. You can create guides and position the rows. Right-click a guide, click format ruler guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steve" <Steve@dis...

Text Form Fields
Not sure if I have posted this in the right area, but here goes. I am more familiar with excel so working with forms in word is new to me. I have been tasked with developing a number of forms at work in Word 2003 for posting on our website. A guy who left, and is now not contactable, developed a whole range of forms before he left. He made sure the forms could be filled in online by inserting text editable fields for client use (both the 'greyed out' section and dotted lines can be seen when viewing and completing online and the dotted lines auto-delete as text is inserte...

mapping and field length change
i created a custom entity added a custom attribute called 'test' nvarchar(100) then published. i then changed the length of the field to nvarchar(80) and published. went into relationships -> created a new relationship (many to 1) with Account, then when i tried to create a mapping i still see 'test' as being nvarchar(100) ? i tried refreshing, restarting iis, restarting the server, republished nothing seems to make a difference? the strange thing is when i go into attributes and look at the 'test' field i see it as nvarchar(80) so its changed it in the enti...

Problem with the default text-framework
Hi, first sorry for my bad english. I have a problem with Publisher 2003: I have a text framework on the first side of my "empty" publication provided and in accordance with this text field specified the "default attitudes for new text fields". The new text field produced by application looks also completely good at first sight, but the text framework is diffrent. There is a border and the distance between the columns a wrong. Where ist the problem? Is this a bug or is the problem at me. Many thanks Oliver ...

Line spacing in text boxes for web pages
For some reason, the text formatting menu in the web page project area doesn't have an option for changing the line spacing from double-spaced. I want the text on my web pages to be single spaced. In all the other projects, you can use the text formatting menu to change the line spacing but I don't see that anywhere on my web page project. Surely, web pages don't *have* to be double- spaced? They *don't* have to be anything. Have you read the HELP file? How *would* we know when *you* don't tell us what version of Publisher you are using!!! Pity you *don't* hav...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Foreground text color
Hi friends, Is there an algo to determine the foreground text color from the background color??? THanks Hi Chandra, this is a very uncommon question and something i have never heard before. The foreground color is a totally different thing compared to the background color. Foreground is foreground and background is background! Both are different colors and only can be determined differently,... Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Microsoft Live Space: http://kerem-g.spaces.live.com/ Latest Open-Source Projects: http:/...

How can I format the #of decimals, field types, etc. automaticall.
I am importing a delimited file, it can be a csv, tab delimted, doesn't matter, but I want it to come up in excel properly formatted to the # of decimal places each field is formatted with in the delimited file. I also want zip code to come in with a leading 0, not be interpreted as a number even though I have enclosed it in quotes. If you double click on a .csv file, excel will open it the way it wants. If you rename the file to .txt, you could see the import wizard and format each field as text--but that makes arithmetic a little more difficult. (I wouldn't do it this way.)...

Word 2002: Textbox Fixed width and autosize height
Hi. Is there a way to set an ActiveX textbox control to have a fixed width but an autosized height? When I set the textbox autosize and multiline properties to true, the behavior is not quite what I want. On testing it, if I enter the textbox and exit without typing anything, it shrinks to the width of a single character. When re-entering the textbox and typing something, it puts in one letter per line. I tried setting the width in code, but although it will set the width initially, the same behavior occurs as described above. Any suggestions? -- Jinjer ...

Foreign text -- why does this happen
Hi, all I've got a question regarding foreign text in Outlook. I write to people in Japan and China and hence sometimes write in these languages. I have used Systran and other translation packages, but when I copy and paste the text into the mail window, it shows up as garbage. If I paste it back into the translator, it shows as it should. If I use Babelfish or Systran from the web and then copy and paste the text that it gives me there (which is mostly the same), the text works and displays in Outlook as it should. Does anyone know why this is the case? I've tried forcing the font to ...

format a formula to general (not text)
I am importing a text (.csv) file into excel and formatting it via a Macro. in one column I have to insert a formula but when I do so, the formula is showing, i.e. "=TRIM(Z4)". I have tried to format to "general" but it doesn't work unless I click inside the cell and press enter. How do I apply the "General" formatting without have to manually click inside the cell? I want to do it in my macro. Here is my code: ActiveCell.Formula = "=TRIM(Z4)" Selection.NumberFormat = "General" -- www.bardpv.com Tempe, A...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...