How to define a style to include built-in text?

I need a style that has its own text. For example, Caution_Head would say
"Caution" without my having to type it. I don't see where this is entered in
the style dialog. Thanks for any tips.

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

christophercbrewster

The only way to do this is as a "bullet." See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (Word 2003 and earlier) or
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm, as appropriate.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" <u3143@uwe> wrote in message
>I need a style that has its own text. For example, Caution_Head would say
> "Caution" without my having to type it. I don't see where this is entered
> in
> the style dialog. Thanks for any tips.
>
> --
> Christopher Brewster
> Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Suzanne

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

find and replace text
I want to delete part of the text in several cells. When I use the find and replace tool it deletes all the text in that cell rather than just the one word I want deleted How do I delete just the one word in a cell Or even just replace the one word in a cell? What is the text you want replaced, and what are some examples of the contents the cells you want worked on? Sounds strange that using find/replace will replace anything other than what you ask it to replace.. If you want a function, you can use =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"replace this phrase","with this") "fitz"...

How to save a worksheet into a ";" sperated text file
You could change windows list separator to semicolon and then save as a .csv file. Windows start button settings|control panel|regional settings|number tab List separator: (near the bottom) Remember that this is a windows setting and may affect other programs. Or you could use a macro that Earl Kiosterud wrote. It's at: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ Look for Text Write in the left hand frame. It has a lot of options that you may like. Daphne wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Application-defined or object-defined error
Hi, I find myself stumped by an incredibly easy piece of code and one that I have used before. I am getting the error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error I am getting the error when I run the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks.Open "\\depot02\rel\www\internal\business_areas\edg\Metrics\Phones\HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls" Workbooks("HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls").Worksheets("data").Cells.Copy _ Workbooks("phoneholdtime...

Finding a text and save it's address
Hi all, In a specificspred sheet list,I am look for a specific text.after finding the text,I need to save it's position . my hinge is to use combination of .find ()& .address....If you know the answer,please let me know Thank you very much! I have a VBA procedure at http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Findall.aspx that will find all occurrences of a value in a specified range of cells. As its result, it returns a Range object that references each cell in which the value was found. Using that function (posted at the end of this message), you can do something like: Sub AAA() Dim RangeT...

Confusion about Visual Styles
I'm a programmer, but I'm not a UI guy. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 to write a new application and I'm dealing with "Visual Styles" for the first time. From what I can figure, when you enable visual styles, you're telling NET to ignore some formatting commands and instead to format controls according to the system settings. That's fine, except that the feature seems to be poorly documented and inconsistent. Right now, I'm trying to create a SplitContainer control that has a TreeView in Panel1 and a UserControl in Panel2. I've set the border ...

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

Display text with Unicode format (ex: Chinese) on controls written by VC6.0
Hi all, We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese Idea? Thanks. >We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode >format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the characters). Dave Tittle bar, menu, button can display text with Unicode format when i build a debug Unicode project? We can use fo...

Some text displays as #################
I have an Excel (2007) sheet with three columns. All are formatted as text. In some rows, the third column contains several hundred characters. Those cells display as ################, but if I select that cell, the display window above shoes the actual data and if I press F2, I can see all of the data. This would not be a problem, but when I export this sheet, the csv file contains the ##########s and not the actual data. What am I doing wrong? "Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in message news:6aijo59pi23mtlnp9j0n6qh6c2jgprkiob@4ax.com... >I have an Excel (2007) sheet ...

pushbutton style?
Does pushbutton have a style of "being pressed down"? when I click again on that button, it would resume original state. I saw this very often. thanks Use the checkbox and enable its PushLike style. ( BS_PUSHLIKE ) -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OufFIxdZEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does pushbutton have a style of "being pressed down"? when I click again on > that button, it would resume original state. I saw this very often. >...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Is including Excel9.olb in the installation files necessary?
I made an Inno installer script for a program that automates Excel, based on my P&D setup.lst, which includes the Excel object library: [Setup1 Files] ..... File8=@EXCEL9.OLB,$(WinSysPath),,$(Shared),3/19/99 10:00:32 PM,638976,9.0.0.2719 I read here that this file is installed with Excel when part of Office 2000: "File Description: Microsoft Office 2000 component". http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/filedb/excel9.olb-22355.html --- This MS page verified that, and mentioned a new location of the object library in Office 2002-3: "...If you are automatin...

Types of Styles and Methods of Changing Style
A style beginner is confused by the terminology. Trying to understand the differences in "style" types: global, all styles, user defined styles, styles in use and available styles. And maybe there are others. Plus, what appears in the style window in the Formatting Toolbar does not match up with what is presented in the style list in the Formatting Palette or in the Style window under Format/Style. Is there a place to go in Word Help or online to understand this? I haven't found it yet. BTW, I'm using Word 2008. Thanks for any tips. Hi Norm, <br...

HOW DO I CHANGE FONT IN A TEXT STING
I am trying to print text with inserted fields in a text box. No problem. Now I would like to underline the inserted fields and change the font size for portions of the text. Your help is appreciated. RingedNeckDuck wrote: >I am trying to print text with inserted fields in a text box. No problem. >Now I would like to underline the inserted fields and change the font size >for portions of the text. That is not an available feature of text boxes. Look around www.lebans.com for a couple of different ways to get that effect. One I know of uses separate text boxes for the nor...

Missing text in OL2003 email messages.
The e-mail sender, recipient, and subject is viewable but the contents of the message simply don't show up. ...

Defining a variable to = MATCH
Dim thingy As Integer thingy = "=MATCH(""DiceC"",qperiodagentperformance!A:A,0)" ActiveCell.Formula = _ "=INDEX(qperiodagentperformance!D" & thingy & ":D13000,MATCH(""Agen Summary"",qperiodagentperformance!A" & thingy & ":A13000,0))" Range("D26").Select my thingy doesnt seem to work..... no comment Any suggestions on correcting this? Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try with thingy = Application.Match("DiceC", Sheets("qperiodagentperformance"...

Cannot include windows.h....
Hey, I'm running Visual Studio .NET 2005 Professional, default installation. I've somehow screwed over the paths for VS. I cannot compile or link anything (VC++), it simply reports that it cannot find the file (standard files, like mfc headers and even windows.h). I've tried adding INCLUDE/LIB environment variables manually, used the batch file provided with VS to do it automatically, deleting my VS settings file, etc. The only thing that seems to work is resetting the Visual Studio settings (Tools->Import and Export Settings->Reset all) and I am able to compile and li...

how can i auto text in excel
-- how can i auto text in excel Sue I assume you mean that you want AutoComplete. Go to Tools, Options, Edit and select the box at the bottom: Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values. To set up things to replace (for example I have my version replacing my initials with my name), go to Tools, AutoCorrect Options and set things up in there. HTH David "Sue" wrote: > > -- how can i auto text in excel > Sue ...

Include comments on another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that has lastname in column B. The lastname can be repeated several times in column B. In column C are comments that I want to capture. (Sheet1) I want to capture the comments on Sheet2. I have another worksheet (Sheet2) that I want to capture all of the comments if lastname = Jones. So in other words, if lastname = Jones and there are five comments in column C, then in Sheet2, cells B2, B3, B4, B5, I want to put the comments. Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this. Here's a little more information of what I am trying to do. If Sheet1!B2:B10...

plain text as attachment?
Starting yesterday, most of the e-mails I receive that are plain text show up with a .txt attachment that is the same as the body of the e-mail. Is this an outlook setting? Nevermind. I just found another post that clears it up. >-----Original Message----- >Starting yesterday, most of the e-mails I receive that are >plain text show up with a .txt attachment that is the same >as the body of the e-mail. > >Is this an outlook setting? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Starting yesterday, most of the e-mails I receive that are >plain text show up with...

Printing Text Boxes with a chart
Hi - sorry if this is a no-brainer but I can't get it to work I make a chart from figures on a worksheet - easy Then I add some text boxes on top of the chart to comment on specific features etc Then I go print and select "selected chart" - the printer prints the chart but not the text boxes on top of it How can I print the chart with the text boxes caontaining comments Thank DR Dave - When you select the chart, do the text boxes vanish? That's because they are not part of the chart. Select the chart first, then add your text box. In fact, just select the chart and star...

how to do self-defined regression in excel?
Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 functions in excel(by adding trendline). How can I do it? Thanks. The Analysis ToolPak - VBA addin has a regression function and probably everything else you want. Tools > AddIns then checkmark Analysis ToolPak - VBA Go back to Tools dropdown and it should be listed near the bottotm of the dropdown. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a >sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 >functions in excel(by a...

User-Defined type not defined?
I recently imported all my data into a blank DB now I am getting this error on: Dim wrk As Workspace Is that something to do with me importing into a new DB Thanks for any help...........Bob Sub SelAllNone(Optional SelectAll As Boolean = True) On Error GoTo stoprun Dim sqlStr As String Dim wrk As Workspace Dim db As Database Set wrk = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) Set db = CurrentDb sqlStr = "UPDATE [tblHorseInfo] SET [Worksheet] = " & SelectAll & ";" wrk.BeginTrans db.Execute sqlStr, dbFailOnError wrk.CommitTrans Exit_Here: Set wrk = Nothing Set db = Nothing ...

Net Worth Report NOT including unrealized gains
I need to produce a net worth report in Money and I would like to be able to run this report both including and not including unrealized gains and losses from my investment reports. This is an option that I became familar with in Quicken and I am not finding this feature in Money. The money net worth report only includes my investment accounts at the fair market values. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Rob I don't think there's a way to control this. You leave me wondering, however: You say "Net Worth Report NOT including unrealized gains" but you also...

user defined fields 01-12-10
I have created a user defined field "GHINno". Using copied code I can emumate user defined fields and find "GHINno". I have code the Sets folder to the "Folder"- "Set MyContact = MyFolder.Folders("Seven Hills Mens Club")". But I can't figure out how to get to the value(s) in "GHINno", either the first value or loop through all values. Any help with UserProperty or Userproperties or whatever would be appriciated. Joe See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38 for info on property syntax. You can use a F...