How do you move an inserted picture in word 07

I have inserted a pic into my document but when I try to move it it doesn't
go where I put it.  It goes just above or below etc.  I have turned off the
snap to grid feature but still can't move stuff to where I want.  How can I
fix this?

Inserted pictures are (by default) inserted in line with text, thus they
behave much as a large font character. In order to move them around you need
to select and change the wrap to something other than in line.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have inserted a pic into my document but when I try to move it it
> doesn't
> go where I put it.  It goes just above or below etc.  I have turned off
> the
> snap to grid feature but still can't move stuff to where I want.  How can
> fix this?

-1
Graham
6/2/2010 6:06:17 AM
right click on it
then go to text wrapping
then click on tight

--
kristain Hayes

kristain
6/2/2010 7:55:09 AM
Hello Kirsten,

you have just displayed so called non printing characters that are usually
empty spaces but sometimes can mess up the structure of your document.

To learn how to show/hide them and how to use them to your advantage, see
link bellow:
http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/05/microsoft-word-tips-and-tricks/what-are-non-printing-characters-and-how-to-use-them/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks
-2
Hello Kirsten,

what you should do is to make your text flow around the picture, then you
can move it freely.

See this tutorial for help:
http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/05/word-2002/how-do-i-make-text-to-flow-around-my-image/

"Kirsten" wrote:

> I have inserted a pic into my document but when I try to move it it doesn't
> go where I put it.  It goes just above or below etc.  I have turned off the
> snap to grid feature but still can't move stuff to where I want.  How can I
> fix this?
-1
I know it can be done but I've struggled with it too. I'd suggest using
Publisher if you have it. You can put that photo anywhere you want.  ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have inserted a pic into my document but when I try to move it it doesn't
> go where I put it.  It goes just above or below etc.  I have turned off
> the
> snap to grid feature but still can't move stuff to where I want.  How can
> fix this?

0
JoAnn

Inserting images
Is there a way, or an add in, that will insert one image per page? I have a 42 page document and I want to add 42 different images, one per page. I don't know any add-in, but I'm pretty sure this could be done quite easy with a macro... Jan "James E Middleton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OIT60KoeHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way, or an add in, that will insert one image per page? > > I have a 42 page document and I want to add 42 different images, one per > page. > > Thanks, that's a start...... Hey, an...

Moving license to a new computer

Word wrap in excel?
Hi, Is there word wrap functionality in excel? If in cell A1 I have a string of text say 5000 chars long, Is there functionality in excel to wrap this text around when the text reaches the vertical page break? Thanks, DK "David Kennedy" <dkennedy85@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:use8PWeMIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there word wrap functionality in excel? > > If in cell A1 I have a string of text say 5000 chars long, > Is there functionality in excel to wrap this text around when the text > reaches the vertical page break? You...

Safe to Move?

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Word 2007 Headings
At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that they are visible all of the time? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:44:05 -0800, longmere <longmere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click >on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that >they are visible all of the time? Thanks. There are multiple ways: - Double-click any of the items. - Press Ctrl+F1. - ...

Manipulating embeded exccel in word (Repost)
Hi there, I have seen quite a few posts on this and know it is "easily" accomplished, however I have a bit of a different requirement. I have a Word document that I have embedded the following: - 1 Sheet that holds score data that users can edit within word - 6 Graphs (from the same workbook) that report the data in different ways. What I want to happen is that when the data in the embedded worksheet is edited, then all the other graphs update to reflect the edited data or scores. Any ideas ? I have one, which is to cycle through each embedded chart and copy the data scores ...

Error class not registered in Outlook 07
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2007 (over XP SP2). Recently, whenever I start Ooutlook (first screen is Outlook Today) I'm getting an error message: "Run Time Error" plus "Error: Class not Registered". When I run Microsoft Script Editor, the breaks the flowing statement: "document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();" However, when I'm not confirming the debug execution I can get into Outlook sending and receiving email normally. When I try to get into first screen (selecting top follder - Personal Folders) the error message is prompted ...

Calendar 05-02-07
I want to keep a monthly calendar of patient appointments but can't find anything except dealing with Outlook. Is there a way to create a calendar function in Access to track appointments? If so, can someone give me a clue as to how/where to start. I know how to do the table, query, form & report thingee, just do not know how to set up calendar to automagically perform calendaring functions. Thanks in advance. KP KP A Flex Grid Control will probably do what you want. Have a look at - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.mdb&#...

Moving Exchange 2000

Slow opening folders when inserting attachments
I run Office 2003. Now, when I create a new message and I wish to add an attachment I click on the paper clip icon. The "Open" dialog box appears. If I click on the "Look in" drop down box, the white field which displays the current folder disappears. It reappears about ten or so seconds later. I then click on the up button to navigate to the folder where the desired attachments are located. However, when I drill down to that folder, again, Outlook sits there for around 10 seconds before the folder is opened to display the files. It does the exact same thing with Excel an...

Why the change in default color palette in Word 2007?
My team has been using the bright blue in Word 2003 default palette for specific need. We recently upgraded to Word 2007 (about time) and we've found this specific blue is no longer available in the defaults. In fact, the palette as a whole seem to be more muted and more "natural," which I really prefer. I'm trying to make a case for the new blue and wondered whether Microsoft conducted any surveys/studies (that I can access) to explain the color changes. It is still available. If you click on More colors you can select the colors you used in 2003. I also pref...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

bar graph: how do you insert a break in scale (squigglly line)?
With a wide data range or one number that is much larger than others in a series, how can one insert a break in the scale, often represented by 2 squiggly lines? Thanks! Hi, Here are some examples of how to produce a broken axis effect. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy Zach wrote: > With a wide data range or one number that is much larger than others in a > series, how can one insert a break in the scale, often represented by...

Formatting numbers as words
I found the link to http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm suggested in an earlier question. How do I attach this to a specific field? I have a dollar amount that I need to print in words and I don't know how to accomplish that. Thanks for any help. On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:28:02 -0700, kltino wrote: > I found the link to http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm suggested > in an earlier question. How do I attach this to a specific field? I have a > dollar amount that I need to print in words and I don't know how to > accomplish that. Thanks for any help...

Moving Folder error

Word macro based on following text
Hi, I need to call a date convert macro from Word. I have the macro which can covert the date from one format to another but every time need to run the macro. Let me put that as an example. Last Due Date : 40170 - this is relative date. I have macro to convert this. as soon as i type the macro behind the number, it should convert it. Last Due Date : 40170=cdate ---should call the macro and next moment macro does Last Due Date : 40170=23-12-2009 issue here, how can activate the macro :) thank you very much for your help. regards, Dwija Instead of typing =cdate, ass...