How do I undo the paragraph marks after each line?

I was updating my resume and references.  I copied and paste my references to
the bottome of my resume.  Everything was going okay, then I don't know what
I might have pressed, but every line has a paragraph symbol and the right
arrow.  I need to undo this mistake and don't know how.

It's not a mistake and they don't print.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chita" <Chita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was updating my resume and references.  I copied and paste my references
> the bottome of my resume.  Everything was going okay, then I don't know
> what
> I might have pressed, but every line has a paragraph symbol and the right
> arrow.  I need to undo this mistake and don't know how.

0
JoAnn
6/1/2010 10:06:14 PM
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Chita" <Chita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was updating my resume and references.  I copied and paste my references
> the bottome of my resume.  Everything was going okay, then I don't know
> what
> I might have pressed, but every line has a paragraph symbol and the right
> arrow.  I need to undo this mistake and don't know how.

0
Suzanne
6/1/2010 10:10:22 PM
Hello Chita,

it is not a bug it is a feature, you just have accidently turned on non
printing characters.
They are usually empty spaces but can mess the structure of the document.

For how to display/hide them see this link:
http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/05/microsoft-word-tips-and-tricks/what-are-non-printing-characters-and-how-to-use-them/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"Chita" wrote:

> I was updating my resume and references.  I copied and paste my references to
> the bottome of my resume.  Everything was going okay, then I don't know what
> I might have pressed, but every line has a paragraph symbol and the right
> arrow.  I need to undo this mistake and don't know how.

Server: Msg 207, Level 16, State 3, Procedure PROC_CLN_DATA, Line
Need help. Received the above error when I execute the following Thanks. SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF GO --drop proc PROC_CLN_DATA ALTER PROCEDURE PROC_CLN_DATA AS BEGIN set nocount on DECLARE @SYS_DATE DATETIME, @sys_dt char(10),@l_count int,@sys_dt1 datetime ...

Undo save?
Hello people! I have a user who inadvertently saved his workbook after deleting a worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to restore his file to the previous version when he last saved his file. I know there exists the backup copy function, but I am still curious to know if there is a way to backup in the file modification history after a save. (and a bad modification). Thanks! Louisp -- louisp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ louisp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25880 View this thread: htt...

Pivot Table missing lines
Hi Folks! I have a pivot table derived for a worksheet of about 250 lines. When I add additional rows to the work sheet, sort it, and sav it followed by refreshing my pivot table, I'm missing the last two item in this pivot table. I can repeat this every time. When I creat another identical pivot table for the same updated worksheet, my las to items are in this new pivot table. Always the last two items! Any suggestions. I thank you in advance for your feedback. Best Regards, Slewrat -- Slewrat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Slewrate's ...

When I hold down the shift key to long |||||| lines appear.
When I hold down the shift key to long |||||| lines appear. How can I stop this from happening. One effect of holding the Shift key down too long is enabling Accessibility Options (see Windows Control Panel). I don't know why this would cause lines, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "harlodude" <harlodude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9412D42-A29A-459C-AEBA-4230D7D1DAC2@microsoft.com... > When I hold down the shift key to long |||||| lines appear. How...

How do I make a water mark on an excel spreadsheet?
Is it possible to add a water mark to an excel spreadsheet with the word Confidential? There is an example on this site: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html It's the third download file from the bottom. Another alternative is to use Excel's WordArt feature. You can position the art where you want it on the worksheet and then make adjustments to the graphic. ---- John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Lelindar" wrote: > Is it possible to add a water mark to an excel spreadsheet with the word > Confidential? ...

is their a filter for Sage Line 50 v7 for Msoft Small Business Fi.

Message(s) Not Being Marked As Read
I have "Mark message read after displayed for" '0' seconds checked. But in my Junk e-mail folder the messages don't get marked as read when I select them, only when I open them. I'm assuming this is because there isn't a the reading pane for the Junk e-mail folder even though I have "Show reading pane" checked in "Layout" a reading pane doesn't display in the Junk email right pane. Is this normal? I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to mark it as read. James > I'd rather just c...

inserting quotation marks
I want to insert quotes in front of text in 1280 cells that already have values in them. Is there an easy way to do this with a macro. Select those cells Dim cell For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = """" & cell.Value Next cell -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dave glynn" <daveglynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98222BFE-C867-4C00-B356-3CA6625650D5@microsoft.com... > I want to insert quotes in front of text in 1280 cells that already have > values in them. Is there...

Outlook Format and line spacing.
I write a message/letter on HTML format single line spacing, and when the Reply comes back to my Inbox my original message is in double line spacing. Even when I write a "test" letter to myself, again in HTML single line space, the letter appears in my "In box" in double line spacing. How can we cure this? ...

Macro to change position of chart labels on line chart
Hello all, I have quite a trickly problem to solve and I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a dashboard page in a worksheet which shows financial KPIs (i.e. sales) as forecast this year versus last year. There are a number of line charts on the dashboard showing the differing forecasts; the user of the dashboard can choose a business unit to view. What I would like to be able to do is to have the chart labels for these charts automatically change their aligmnent so that they display properly. I have set the chart labels to display "Above" for the new forecast and "Bel...

Undo Posting to AP
Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the charge? About the only thing you can do is pull up the AP transaction and void it. It'll reverse out the GL entry it creates for you. "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D153CA-C8A9-4827-BDA2-EF43BE417ED8@microsoft.com... > Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the > charge? > ...

print Grid Lines
when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected inside with a solid black line. i have also checked the "page setup" and the "sheet tab" and chedked "grid lines" but i still cannot print grid lines. will some one please help me. >-----Original Message----- >when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have >tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected >inside with a solid black line. i have also checked >the "page setup" and th...

Contract Lines and Invoices
When a Contract Line is complete for a Contract and we need to bill for the Contract, what is the best practise with the Invoices system within CRM 3.0? There seems to be no relation with Contracts and Invoices? I thought that by "Invoicing" a contract it would appear in the Invoices area in CRM? Can this be a feature in the next update? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Using Mignon font increases width between lines so more pages
I have replaced my Times Roman Font in normal style with Mignon but it has wider space beteen the lines. How do I control this so the width is same as TR not wider as it becomes? TIA/gary If the letters in Mignon are wider than the letters in TNR, it's naturally going to take more space. If you want to squash the letters together so they start to overlap, go to the second tab of the Font dialog and set a number for "Condensed." If you're talking about line spacing, if your paragraph style is set to Single or Double (etc.) spacing, if Mignon's letters are ...

Undo a catlogue merge?
I am making a booklet and was playing with the catalogue merge thing. I've decided not to do what i need to do that way but now whenever I open that file it keeps asking me about merging that file. How do i make it stop doing that? It took me a long time to get the master pages set up the way I want them and get some of the stuff placed right. Can somebody help this noobie? Annie Open your document, tell it to open without the data source. Tools - Mail and Catalog Merge - Cancel Merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsof...

how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra
how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i need to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when i set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by using backspace. i am using word 2007. Open your normal.dotx template from within Word (using the Open command in the Office button), select the paragraph mark in the otherwise blank typing area (Show Non-Printing Characters: Ctrl- Shift-8), and apply the style Normal. Save the template. The next time you make a new document, the cursor will be at...

I wrapped a two line cell. I sorted but the wrapped cell didn't g.
I am putting a list of names on excell. Some have to go on two lines in one cell. I wrapped that cell. But when I sort data from ascending to descending the wrapped cell does not go with that info. Any suggestions When I format a cell with Wrap Text, and sort the list, the formatting stays with the cell. Are the values typed in your list, or are they links to other cells? Mike's cells wrote: > I am putting a list of names on excell. Some have to go on two lines in one > cell. I wrapped that cell. But when I sort data from ascending to > descending the wrapped cell does...

Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA
Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA It seems that my users whom use OWA to send email always seem to send along an "?" question mark at the beginning of their email messages. I am trying to find out why that is happening and how to go about eliminating it. If clients are XP SP2, check kba 883543 and apply the hotfix. Pe-XP SP2 clients: reinstall the S/MIME control from OWA - options. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message new...

undo a macro
Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or workbook can be captured prior to running a macro so that the results of the macro can be undone by using the the undo button. -- Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike Archer" <MikeArcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC161A31-95C1-4DC8-9FC2-2AC3F68FF3BB@microsoft.com... > Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or > workbook > can ...

How do I invert a paragraph?
I am printing a "made by" box on the back of a greeting card, and I need to invert it after I type it. How do I do this. The "flip or rotate" on the draw toolbar doesn't work. See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

VBA- Undo?
v2007 Is there no Application.Undo in PPT? If not, has anyone had success using another strategy in VBA for reversing the last action a user did in a slide edit? Thanks, Melina You can call on the Undo button using the following code: Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso "Undo" - Chirag PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html "Mel" <mel.turco@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:89f5064e-0901-428a-bdce-9d61f1d2cce0@15g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > v2007 > > I...

how do I right flush part of a single line
In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text, I simply hit alt-F7. How do I do that in MS Word 2003 Thanks Joe Matthews Gibsons, BC On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:06:01 -0800, Joe Matthews <JoeMatthews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text, >I simply hit alt-F7. > >How do I do that in MS Word 2003 > >Thanks > >Joe Matthews >Gibsons, BC Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many other respects. In Word, you set...

how to remove paragraph, tab, and return symbols from view?
Somehow my word got switched to show all the carriage functions. It used to be in reveal codes, but I am at aloss asd to how to even switch the thing off. It is maddening. Please help. Hi, You may have accidentally pressed Shift+Ctrl+8 when you meant to press Shift+8 to type an asterisk (*). Just press Shift+Ctrl+8 again, and everything will return to normal. -- Hope this helps, Pesach Shelnitz My Web site: http://makeofficework.com "shouldagottamac" wrote: > Somehow my word got switched to show all the carriage functions. It used to > be in r...

Why is my 3rd x axis values only showing the bullets & not line?
I have 3 values for my x axis. With each value I have chosen the line graph. My 3rd value only shows the bullets and not the line. I have tried changing the color but that doesn't work. My first 2 lines are correct. Can't find where I am doing something wrong Are there gaps in the data? If so, select the chart, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart, and in the top section, choose the option to interpolate over blank cells. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ &quo...

undoing conditional formatting
Hello and great day today. I use conditional formatting to find an error(s) in many rows and columns when my grand totals aren't matching both down and across. I might have 15 columns and 45 rows with data and currency listed. I must make sure each row across matches to a grand total and same down with the columns. The conditional formatting is great for high-liting discrepancies But it also highlites rows that are not really errors when put together with another row. So I fix the row with an actual error but how do I get rid of the highlite on the rows which are not really errors. I can...