How do I stop lines of text breaking where I don't want them to?

>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>> rules
>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>> from talking
>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.

How do I make the lines wrap correctly?
-1

If you click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and it reveals a ¶ after the words
"rules" and "talking", See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the
 Web” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
Doug
3/12/2010 3:23:46 AM
Press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button to display nonprinting
characters. If there are paragraph marks (� symbols) or manual line
breaks (left-pointing arrows) at the ends of lines, delete them. Press
Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button again to turn off the marks. (See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.)

If there's a lot of this text, you can use the Replace function to
remove them. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:10:02 -0800, Diet Simon <Diet
Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
>How do I make the lines wrap correctly?
0
Jay
3/12/2010 3:32:00 AM
Try this. Got to:

http://www.papercut.com/emailStripper.htm

and download emailStripper. It works great to eliminate all the >'s, line
ends, and paragraph breaks inside of a paragraph. It works in one pass and
is very quick. It does insert a short advertising paragraph at the end of
the cleaned up document but it is easy to remove.  It is free.

Gordo

"Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural)
>>> rules
>>> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated)
>>> from talking
>>> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence.
>
> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
gordo
3/12/2010 2:28:51 PM
Stripmail is a similar tool that you can download from my web site and has
no advertising.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"gordo" <none@phony.net> wrote in message
> Try this. Got to:
>
> http://www.papercut.com/emailStripper.htm
>
> and download emailStripper. It works great to eliminate all the >'s, line
> ends, and paragraph breaks inside of a paragraph. It works in one pass and
> is very quick. It does insert a short advertising paragraph at the end of
> the cleaned up document but it is easy to remove.  It is free.
>
> Gordo
>
> "Diet Simon" <Diet Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> How do I make the lines wrap correctly?

0
Graham

Change text color in report
Is it possible to change the text color of a report field if an option button is checked in a form. Form Printlabels has option2 = red option4 = blue option6 = white is it possible to change the forcolor of txtbox(text1)in report( rptlabels ) depending which option is chosen in form Printlabels any help is appreciated stumpy wrote: >Is it possible to change the text color of a report field if an option button >is checked >in a form. >Form Printlabels has >option2 = red >option4 = blue >option6 = white > >is it possible to change the forcolor of txtbox(text1)in...

Borders
I am creating a quote template in excel. To get the correct 'look and feel', I have used borders. This is fine if the quote can be contained on a single printed sheet, however, as soon as I go into a second page, I cannot get the border to recognise a page break. In other words, I have a series of vertical border lines but no horizontal border to signafy the end of one page and the start of another - Can this be automated? Many thanks! Excel 2002 ...

Windows Update won't show the updates that it wants to install
Hi All I just got the new updates for my Vista Biz OS. Problem is that it won't show the name of the updates that it is going to install, it just shows that they are 5. Now, I need to know *what* I am installing before I do that, right? How come it is not showing that? Bug? I checked the computer with my AV and antispyware software: system is ok. Any ideas? thanks Are you telling us that when you go to Windows Update or Microsoft Update and you do the scan for Updates then when the scan finishes all it shows you after that there are 5 of them but it does no...

Checking of lines between 2 pairs of co-oridantes corsses
Is there a way in Excel that I can check if a pair of co-ordinates would create a line that would cross another line between a pair of co-ordinates (I'd have a big array of sets of co-ordinates). For example (0,0) (1,1) would cross the line (1,0) (0,1), is there a way I can check this in Excel? I hope I've made myself clear, a little tricky to explain, TIA, Ian. ...

IMAP header refreshing
I'm using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro to check my gmail account via IMAP. Every so often, I'll go to the folder to check a new message, and it'll decide to reindex all my headers. There's about 12k of them, so it takes a bit of time. Is there any way to stop this? I'd like to have the full archive there, but the vast majority of the time I only want the last 24 hrs. ...

how to change the font color in the subject line
i like to know if i could change the font color (red, blue,...) in the subject line? if yes, please advise the steps. thanks, cwong668 you can't for sent messages, but you can change the look in your inbox by using views - specifically the automatic formatting option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com J...

Adding tooltip text user functions
Hi, I don�t know how can add tooltip text to my user function. Also I need add text description for parameter in user function. say attachement Thank for your Help Carlos A rodriguez -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi AFAIK you can't add tooltips (even the Analysis Toolpak functions don't have them). For parameter descriptions you may use the Funcustomize add-in: (http://longre.free.fr/english) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > I don�t know how can add tooltip text to my user function. > Also I need add text description for parameter ...

Vertical page breaks
I have a spreadsheet that is 40 columns wide, and except for the 1st column (which will be repeated at the left), I want a page break after each column. Is there a quick way to do this (as opposed to going into Page Break Preview and pulling over the right page break 40 times)? Try going into Print Preview and increasing the left and right margins by dragging inwards. You should be able to narrow it down to one column per page. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:29:01 -0800, Staceyglow <Staceyglow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a spread...

=> AutoFilter
AutoFilter - Amount of shown lines (LineCount) ================================= I want to get the Amount of Lines of an AutoFilter result. (the amount of lines shown after I made my AutoFilter choice) How can this be done? {Excel or Excel-VBA) I'm looking for something like: CountAutofilterResult(Range) Thanks for your Help Alexander Hi Alexander in addition to your answer in the German newsgrou: =SUBTOTAL(3,A1:A100) for a VBA solution have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Count -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alexander wrote: > AutoFi...

how to paste data from word with line breaks (^l) to excel
whenever pasting a table from word to excel with cells containig line breaks, excel unmerges those having ^l into separate cells of line instead of seeing all those line breaks as "hard" carriage returns like ALT+ENTER. Any advice for keeping those line breaks in one cell so that no alignment problem will rise? Dave Peterson posted instructions in the following message: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=40F325DA.1B131B76%40msn.com vixenyx wrote: > whenever pasting a table from word to excel with cells > containig line breaks, excel unmerges those having...

graph lines will are not visible, just the points
I can see the markers of my graph, but the line joining those markers are not visible On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ben <ben@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I can see the markers of my graph, but the line joining those markers are not >visible Press F1 and search for a Help item called something like "Change colors, patterns, lines, fills, and borders in charts" -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Are there ga...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Money 2002 stopped recognising exports from my bank website
I am using Money 2002, which is the latest version supported by my bank (Barclays, UK) The system is set up so I log onto their website, select export data, select Money 2002 and then download the data. I do not get any normal download prompt, I just see a small file download and then a box pops up prompting me to start Money to import the file. This worked fine until yesterday. Now the file appears to download correctly, but after it is downloded, nothing happens. Even if I go into Money manually, no import is triggered. I have spoken to Barclays online support, and they assure me th...

formula to add number comined with text
i am currently using a basic weekly diary in excel and need a formula that will count cells which contain numbers along with text Row 1 -> w/c 12/7/09 12/14/09 12/21/09 12/28/09 Total > Col A days 3mtw 5 1w 4mtwt 13 days I need formula that will give total of days across each month as above not sure if countif formula will work for this or not each cell will have the number of days used in that week followed by initial of the day I need the formula to count the number that is at the ...

outlook xp has stopped working
I am running office xp pro on vista home premium and now get the error "outlook has stopped working" When I click 'check online for a solution' it wants me to upgrade to a newer version. It then closes outlook and will not start. I don't want to upgrade. Any suggestions on how to get outlook to run without upgrading? If you reboot the PC does outlook then work? Inserting the Office cd and running detect repair doesn't help? If you search to include hidden for *.pst what are the sizes of the resulting files? "rustybatz" <rustybatz@disc...

Is there a way to search through text in Publisher files?
Searching in my documents will not give results of text used in publisher files. Is there a way to search through them? sisterginny schrieb: > Searching in my documents will not give results of text used in publisher > files. Is there a way to search through them? whole text search is only in Pub 2003 Ananda ...

Multi-line cell in Excel
Hi, Given that I've split a string into its line components, how would I build up a multi-line cell using xmlDocument? What I want to end up with is something like: Address ======= First Name Last Name Address Line 1 Address Line 2 Address Line 3 Postcode Many thanks, Simon Lane ...

Stop Error on restart.
Hi all, I am presently getting this message whenever I reboot: Stop: c000021a {fatal system error} The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down. I am running XP Home SP3, RAM 1.5 GHz , CPU 864 MHz and recently installed a new Belkin wireless G Adapter ( I have the most up-to-date drivers from the Belkin website). It appears to be working fine, but the problem started since its installation. Anybody know what this might be. Thanks in advance. Gordie See the fo...

Converting numbers to text #2
Is there any formula (if so, I can't find it) that will convert currency in one cell to text in another cell? I mean that, for example, if I type €15,25 in one cell that the other cell reads "fifteen euro 25 ct." If the formula exists for the Dutch language it would be just perfect. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ewout Stoutjesdijk" <Ewout Stoutjesdijk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB3FA93-276A-4465-828D-67E0160ABC75@microsoft.com... > Is ...

Watermark text in Excel?
Is there a way to place water marked text onto a worksheet in Excel? If so, could someone please tell me how it is done? Thanks, glenraye -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I found this in a previous post about watermark. Check them out. http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to place water marked text onto a worksheet in Excel? >If so, could someone please tell me how it is done? > >Thanks, >glenrayel > > >--- >Mes...

554 Too many header lines without null line separator for message body
Hi Sorry to ask what is probably a really simple question but we've been scratching our heads over this for a bit. We've got an issue here whereby email coming into our Exchange server or going out sometimes comes back with : " 554 Too many header lines without null line separator for message body" I've done some testing and this only seems to occur on distribution lists where there are more than 49 recipients in the TO field. So far I've been unable to find a fix for this or hardly even a mention of the error message on the internet. Couldn't find any ...

Using TEXT function in VBA
I need to read a certain cell containing a date from a specific worksheet and extract the long month name for my macro. The Excel function would be =TEXT(Data!C9,"mmmm"). I have figured out how to write it in VBA if I am just interested in getting cell and not specifying the specific worksheet: Dim myDate as String myDate = Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(C9,"mmmm") How do I specify that I want C9 from a specific worksheet? I have been successful with the following code: myDate = Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(Worksheets("Data").Cell...

number stored as text 02-25-10
Hi, Using VBA How can I check if number stored as text in cell. I have a long list, converting whole list is time consuming, I want to identify trouble cells and change. Atif Select the column with the cells in question and then just execute these two lines from the Immediate Window (you can bundle them into a macro if you really want to though)... Selection.NumberFormat = "General" Selection.Value = Selection.Value NOTE: The above code assumes your values are constants and that there are NO formulas within the selection. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "...

lining up numbers on calendar?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C91045.3F6FA900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As I was setting this up, I thought it sounds kind of picky (LOL) There are probably other templates that do more what I want, I just got = to using this one. (I usually use the "understated" one and adapt it to = what I want or think will work good) On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) it seems like the numbers of the days = are too far to the left under the names of the days up top. It looks o...

Trend line phase changes
Hi. I am trying to figure out how to implement phase changes in an Excel chart trend line. This is possible on the charting here: http://www.interventioncentral.org/htmdocs/tools/chartdog/chartdog.shtml To explain, this would allow me to indicate a place on the x axis where I've started doing something differently that may affect the trend and I want the trend line to be recalculated from that point on the x axis where the change is implented. From the ChartDog Web site: "Marking Phase Changes . In ChartDog, you can mark significant 'phase changes' on the graph by clicking...