How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007

I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but their
particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save In
Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
Tearing hair out.

Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from
the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must
be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a
trusted folder or move them to an already trusted folder. You can then
select the template from the 'New from existing ...' option in the Office
Button > New dialog, thereafter it will appear in the recently used
templates.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"IreneS" <IreneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
> templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but
> their
> particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save
> In
> Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
> Tearing hair out.

0
Graham
2/7/2010 7:56:06 AM
Look at the current setting for template locations. Word Options | Advanced
| File Locations button at the bottom of the long dialog and note the User
Template location. Add your templates to that location. Or as Graham has
indicated, you can make this any location you want though by editing it.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"IreneS" <IreneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
> templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but
> their
> particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save
> In
> Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
> Tearing hair out.

0
Terry
2/7/2010 10:00:13 AM
I think you've misunderstood the instruction to "Save in Trusted Templates."
If you are running Word 2007 under Windows XP, then Trusted Templates will
be one of the "places" in the Places Bar in the Save dialog. Click on that
to save a template there. For the purpose of moving the templates, follow
Terry's instructions to locate the Templates folder using Office Button |
Word Options | Advanced | File Locations.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
http://word.mvps.org

"IreneS" <IreneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to install existing templates from word 2003.  I can add them under
> templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but
> their
> particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon.  I run XP but no Save
> In
> Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions.
> Tearing hair out.

0
Suzanne

Checking for the existence of a dynamically added style
I have a custom control that I would like to have add style rules to the Page that contains it. I know how to do this, using the following method: Me.Page.Header.StyleSheet.CreateStyleRule However, I only want to add the style rule once, since it is the same for every instance of the custom control. When adding scripts, I would simply use the following two statements to add a script and check whether it was already added: Me.Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock Me.Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered But I could not find anything like this for stylesheets...

This email already exist in this organisation. ID: c10312e7
Hello, We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4 workstations) I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder. This email address previously was assigned to a (the only) distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group either. If I send an email to this address the notification states that it's refused by the public folder store. Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7. I have tried th...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

How do I export WORD or PUBLISHER files to AOL instead of Outlook
I would like to imbed docs and pubs in AOL, not OUTLOOK, but I can't figure out how to do it. It can't be done. Your only option would be to use Outlook Express with your AOL (assuming that can still be done) and send them that way. And to be honest with you, I'm not 100% certain that will work. I dumped AOL several years ago so I don't know if they still support OE or that that process will work with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.micro...

if exists
Hello, 1> IF EXISTS (SELECT * from TABLE_A WHERE A = 1) EXEC StoredProcedure 2> IF EXISTS (SELECT B from TABLE_A WHERE A = 1) EXEC StoredProcedure I'm hesitating between 1> and 2>. There are 1000 rows and 23 columns. Do you think 2 is better than 1? or it's same. Thanks for your advise in advance. No difference. It doesn't matter whatever you put in the column list, the optimizer know it is an existence check for rows and doesn't care to materialize any column anyhow. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sq...

RE-Installing

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

contents in cells are not visible when word wrap is selected
It appears the profile or standard template for excel has been changed on my machine. Spreadsheets I worked on earlier this week that contained cells with word wrap as well as new spreadsheets I create have the same problem... When using word wrap, the contents of the cell "disapear" but are still visible in the formula bar. I've removed all formating and unchecked any cell formats with no success. I've checked all the file, edit, view, ect. settings for anything that appears to be unusual. Any sugestions would be appreciated... my IT department cannot look at my ...

outlook 2003 #69
i have problem sending messages from pop3 accounts in outook 2003 when i configure exchange server for intranet, even when i select pop3 account as defalut account and exchage is second option, if i select pop3 account as default then i am unable to send messages local exchange server, if i configure the same in outlook xp then every thing is ok pop3 and exchange any body can help me to solve this problem or it is a bug in outlook 2003 Configure the account (POP3 or Exchange) that you use the most as the default. When you want to send using the other account, select that account from...

DPM 2007 not working with TS2900
The unit has a configuration of 8 +1 tapes. One appears always in use. The error messages is "error when backing up to tape" These are the data from the software we're running: Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard x64 Microsoft System Data Protection Manager 2007 DPM Reporting tool - MPSRPT These are the hardware data Tape Drive IBM System Storage TS2900 Tape Autoloader IBM Server Intel Xeon X3330@2.66ghz Memory 5gb already tested the operation of the tape drive. this is the log i got with MSRPT: http://www.itecnis.com/logs/2010-5-7_11-8-41.cab Any help ...

Word Numbering
I have been reading post about numbering. I have set up Headings 1,2,3. They are linked by the multi level list. Heading 1 is set to be followed by Heading 2 which it does beautifully Heading 3 is set to be followed by Heading 2 which it does beautifully My problem is with Heading 2 which is set to be followed by Heading 3 My starting position might be 1.1 1.2, and I would want 1.1 1.1.1 1.2 I then press return at 1.1 (level 2), and i get the following 1.1 1.2 1.1.1 1.3 That seems strange, but weirder still is the fact that the new 1.2 claims to be ...

Value Pak Installer

Locate existing record-update it on the form
I placed a command button on a form and want to use it to search for an existing record and then populate the form with that record so I can update/add to it. The form's record source is a table (tblRFPTracking). I'm having a mental block on how to accomplish this and appreciate any help. Linda Here's one approach... Add a combobox (unbound) to the form (I stick mine in the header). Have that combobox list the records available for editing. I usually only include the bare minimum necessary to distinguish one record from another. Use a query to "feed" t...

Installer for my access application

Installation #4

Outlook 2003 Deleting Deleted Items!
This annoying problem is driving me nuts! I'm running Outlook 2003 w/SP1 (Exchange 2000) on Windows 2000 Pro w/SP4. Recently, Outlook has been automatically emptying my Deleted Items folder to Recover Deleted Items! I've checked my Rules as well as AutoArchive settings but can't find the cause of these mysterious deletions. The problem persists even after I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 Pro. Actually after I did this, Outlook behaved itself for a whole day but the problem returned the next. Sometimes after recovering my deleted items, I can find my Deleted Item...

Issues with Word Wrapping in cells after a number of characters
I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Jig. What is the number of characters? Look in help for specifications, excel can only display about 1024 characters in a cell Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jig Bhakta" wrote: > I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell > and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops > working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? >...

Access 2003 functions
I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have a geometric mean function. I can do it using common logarithims and anitlogarithims, but I can only find a natural logarithim function and an exp function that also is based on natural logs. Without going into excel, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Chris U�ytkownik "crhiggins" <crhiggins@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:A7BF21FF-F298-4983-8C03-F34A23E6B2FF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have >a > g...

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

Exchange 2003 ESM errors
when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System Manager I am receiving the following error; The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; tim Tim, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125 E "TimW" <tim.watson@republink.com> wrote in message news:05a501c3c34e$ca07a570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System > Manager I am receiving the following error; &...

Outlook 2003 / BCM
When you pull up the Opportunities page in Outlook 2003 / BCM - it sorts the stages alphabetically - (e.g. Closed Lost, Negotiation etc.). Is there a way for the view to open with the stages sorted by "stage" - (e.g. Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, etc.)? Please advise, BSW ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.