How do I find a document in Word 2007?

I realize that I can search for a document using Windows, but is there a way
in Word 2007 for me to search for a certain document, or a word within a
document?
--
jeannine

In Word 2007, there is no longer a specific user interface for searching
from within Word.

However, to search a folder in, say, the Open dialog box, you can
right-click its icon and choose Search from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jldube" <jldube@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I realize that I can search for a document using Windows, but is there a
>way
> in Word 2007 for me to search for a certain document, or a word within a
> document?
> --
> jeannine

0
Stefan

Workbook cells won't hold formatting in Office 2007
I have Office 2007 running in Vista Home Premium. My system got FUBARed and had to be reloaded. Now my Excel workbooks won't keep the proper formatting in cells. I have them formatted as general so that I can type in something like 4 - 1. As soon as I do that it converts the formatting to Custom and puts it in as a 1-Apr. If I try to reformat the cell as general I then get 39904. If I enter it as space 4 - 1 then it enters correctly. How can I make the cell give me the correct information without putting a space in front of it? One way in to format the cell as Text B...

Existing word documents made on PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a number of documents made on a PC that include images - scanned, from the internet, etc. They look fine when opened by Word for PC, but when the same file is opened by me using Office 08 for Mac, some (not all) of the pictures appear absolutely minute, in the top left of the image box. The image box is still there, so the text alignment is not affected, but the rest of the text box is blank. I have even had a colleague open the file on her PC to show me the image is fine, then email me the same image - with the s...

Trusted locations for 2007 Access
I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with it. I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases. It is my understanding that I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them with Access 2007. All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along with a lot of other files. My first question is will I have to move my data bases individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted" at one time? Not being familiar with "Trusted FIles", my second question is there some ...

How can I add Paste Special to the Word 2007 context menu?
Excel 2007's context menu includes Paste Special; Word's does not. I have frequent need for Paste Special in Word and the many trips to the Ribbon get tiresome. I'd like to know how to add commands to the context menu in general, but a solution for Paste Special is the immediate need. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

INSERT Option in Word 2003 problem
When I click on INSERT option, the dropdown list repeats previously inserted word forever. I need to scroll through hundreds of the same word before i get to SYMBOLS or other options. Any ideas how to fix it. I tried repairing the installation and total re-installation, nothing works. In Tools | Customize, click the Toolbars tab. In the list of toolbars, select "Menu Bar" and then click Reset. Does that help? If/when you are prompted to save normal.dot, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "b***n" <b***n@discussions.microsof...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Linking Contacts in Outlook 2007
I just converted from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003 at the bottom left of the address card was a field in which you could link the open contact to other contacts in your address book. That field does not appear in the address card in Outlook 2007. Can someone help me figure out how to make that field appear? Thank you. That option is here: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms -- Russ Valentine "JMD01519" <JMD01519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACF9C2B-6FAC-48F4-B...

Find (but not find)

Changing publisher 2003 document to a pdf
I created a postcard mailer in Pubisher 2003 using a template. The printer said I have to change the format of a PDF so he can open it and print it. I can't seem to do it. When I go to File and Send e-mail, the only option that shows up is sending it as a publisher document. That's because you need third party software to do that. Adobe's Acrobat is the "real deal" but there are several low-cost or free alternatives. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Chris A." <Chris A.@dis...

how do i show figures as words?
I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a cell, and there was another cell which must have contained a formula to show that figure in words (eg. for writing a cheque), does anybody out there know how to do this? It's probably really simple!! Cheers Carolyn See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E0BBB2-F03E-4383-8BA1-3F0F40AA52AB@microsoft.com... > I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a ce...

excel 2007 autofilter change to 2003 autofilter functionality?
Is it possible to make the 2007 autofilter change back to the 2003 autofilter functionality? You have at least one response at one of your other posts. jonnybrovo815 wrote: > > Is it possible to make the 2007 autofilter change back to the 2003 autofilter > functionality? -- Dave Peterson ...

Finding an event

2003/2007 compatibility
i work on the same .xls files as the rest of my collegues, but i am the only one that made the jump to 2007. even though i open their files with more or less no problems, ever time they open mine the charts are all messed up. The textboxes loose their background, the printable box gets unchecked, and they seem to get resized so not all of the text even fits in the box. Is there something that i can do to avoid this and solve this problem? I will be forced to change back if i cannot because it is much too counter-productive. ps. i wondered if there is a way to have the same function...

Lost Recent Documents List
Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix this? SeattleMike56 wrote: > Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office > applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix > this? You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this: 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. 2. Click ...

Where is the graphics selection pointer in excel 2007?
I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now? It's to be found in - Insert tab - Illustrations - Shapes - select a shape and insert into w/s and immediately the new drawing tools format tab opens up -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Bruce" wrote: > I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the ...

Signing XML documents
I am working to develop and application which will generate XML files. I would like to sign these documents at the time of creation to allow someone to verify them at a later date. What would be the best way to sign an XML document using ASP.NET. I have considered using the SIGNTOOL.EXE from Microsoft and simply use VBSCRIPT to use the command. Is there an simple and easy method from ASP.NET to apply a digital signature to the XML files. We plan to use an SSL certificate to sign the documents. Thanks! Have you taken a look at the classes in the System.Security.Cryptography.Xm...

cannot find database

How to set up IRA Account in Money 2007
I am trying to set up my IRA in Money. It is through a bank, so there are not investment type transactions, just the bank's own listings of interest. Do I set this up as an investment account or something different? For best treatment by things like Tax Estimator, I'd set it up as an Investment (IRA) account. You may never have any Investments in the Investment half of the account. It may just have interest earnings in the Investment Cash Account. This essentially wastes the Investment Account, but that's probably not a big deal. "Rick" <Rick@discussions.micr...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find