Help needed urgently - Saved over the word doc by mistate

Hi guys, just want to know if anyone knows of free software that can help me
recover a saved over word document.

I really need this back. I have found the .tmp file but when you open it the
text are all wrong, actually the text doesn't make any sense or words. Keeps
saying uncompressed here or compressed there on the word document with all
these funny symbols etc.

The document I was writing was in Chinese and was done with one of those
writting pens. Can someone help me recover my original doc or tell me how to
change those mixed symbols back into proper words. A software program would
be most appriciated but if it needs to be done manual then please give me
instuctions.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jcyshin,

The simple solution is to restore your valuable document from a backup you've kept for just such a scenario.

If you haven't made a backup, there is no reliable way of recovering the original, especially if you've done any work since and/or
restarted Windows.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Jcyshin" <Jcyshin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFECF14F-7CB6-4C83-BF7C-CE82B31F7473@microsoft.com...
> Hi guys, just want to know if anyone knows of free software that can help me
> recover a saved over word document.
>
> I really need this back. I have found the .tmp file but when you open it the
> text are all wrong, actually the text doesn't make any sense or words. Keeps
> saying uncompressed here or compressed there on the word document with all
> these funny symbols etc.
>
> The document I was writing was in Chinese and was done with one of those
> writting pens. Can someone help me recover my original doc or tell me how to
> change those mixed symbols back into proper words. A software program would
> be most appriciated but if it needs to be done manual then please give me
> instuctions.
>
> HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0
macropod

Not in Recent Docs
W2K Why dont my Visio 2000 docs appear in Recent Docs? Is it only your Visio files that don't show up? They should appear if you save them again, even if you don't make any changes. ...

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

exch 5.5 help

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Can someone explain the styles term 'theme-aware' in Word 2007?
I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and themes. Can someone please enlighten me. On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:33:40 -0500, "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote: >I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and >themes. Can someone please enlighten me. If you look at the definition of a style and it says that the font name is "+Body" or "+Headings", and the color is "Text 1" (or another number) or "Accent 1" (or another number), then the style is theme-awar...

Your Help is Appreciated

CasesView For all Contacts of an Account
Hi I need to see all the cases relating to account when i click the case tab. The cases should include the cases of the contacts for the account too.Any help is appreciated Sarah Hate to say it, but this function is not native to CRM as far as I know. c360's Activity Summary does add this functionality though. www.c360.com It works very well. ...