find/replace

Win XP, Word 2003

I exported a field in FileMaker Pro.  It is a repeating field with two dates 
in one field.  I thought I could import the field into Word and find the 
marker that separates one date from the next and do a Replace All and put a 
Tab between the two dates and then put the dates into two different fields, 
the way they belong.  I have the field in Word and there is a small 
rectangle between the dates. So far nothing I have used as a Find has 
"found" it, except for White Space (^w), but when I do a find ^w and replace 
^t, Word replaces thousands of the occurences but the demon white rectanges 
remain.  I even tried copying and pasting the rectange into the Find box but 
that is not working.

I have a posting on a FileMaker Pro board to see if someone can show me how 
to separate the dates from with FileMaker, but it seems I should be able to 
do it from within Word.

Does anyone have a suggestion??? 

0
Stephen
6/2/2010 9:15:17 PM
word.newusers 801 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
877 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

If you send the file to me at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org I will have a look 
at it.

-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:hu6hl7$iue$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> Win XP, Word 2003
>
> I exported a field in FileMaker Pro.  It is a repeating field with two 
> dates in one field.  I thought I could import the field into Word and find 
> the marker that separates one date from the next and do a Replace All and 
> put a Tab between the two dates and then put the dates into two different 
> fields, the way they belong.  I have the field in Word and there is a 
> small rectangle between the dates. So far nothing I have used as a Find 
> has "found" it, except for White Space (^w), but when I do a find ^w and 
> replace ^t, Word replaces thousands of the occurences but the demon white 
> rectanges remain.  I even tried copying and pasting the rectange into the 
> Find box but that is not working.
>
> I have a posting on a FileMaker Pro board to see if someone can show me 
> how to separate the dates from with FileMaker, but it seems I should be 
> able to do it from within Word.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion??? 

0
Doug
6/2/2010 11:16:11 PM
Have you tried copying the unknown character & pasting it into the Find
box... You'll need to use Control+V to do the paste. I don't know if that
will work, but it may be worth a shot.

The basic problem is that the 'separator' between the 2 dates is an uncommon
unidentified character. Unless the suggestion works or you can find some way
to identify it accurately there isn't much you can do in Word's F&R without
some crafty criteria... Perhaps Graham Mayor, macropod, or one of the other
gurus can come up with something.

I think your best bet is going to be in FM, though. It's been years since I
worked with it, but I seem to remember an option for outputting the content
of repeating fields as separate fields. You might also consider importing
the data into Excel to see if the dates get picked up correctly... And Excel
also has a 'Text to Columns' feature.

HTH |:>) 
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 6/2/10 5:15 PM, in article hu6hl7$iue$1@news.eternal-september.org,
"Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Win XP, Word 2003
> 
> I exported a field in FileMaker Pro.  It is a repeating field with two dates
> in one field.  I thought I could import the field into Word and find the
> marker that separates one date from the next and do a Replace All and put a
> Tab between the two dates and then put the dates into two different fields,
> the way they belong.  I have the field in Word and there is a small
> rectangle between the dates. So far nothing I have used as a Find has
> "found" it, except for White Space (^w), but when I do a find ^w and replace
> ^t, Word replaces thousands of the occurences but the demon white rectanges
> remain.  I even tried copying and pasting the rectange into the Find box but
> that is not working.
> 
> I have a posting on a FileMaker Pro board to see if someone can show me how
> to separate the dates from with FileMaker, but it seems I should be able to
> do it from within Word.
> 
> Does anyone have a suggestion???
> 

0
CyberTaz
6/2/2010 11:16:38 PM
The unknown character is a Group Separator (ASCII 29) and to deal with it 
you must use

ActiveDocument.Range.Text = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range.Text, Chr(29), 
Chr(9))

-- 
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:hu6hl7$iue$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> Win XP, Word 2003
>
> I exported a field in FileMaker Pro.  It is a repeating field with two 
> dates in one field.  I thought I could import the field into Word and find 
> the marker that separates one date from the next and do a Replace All and 
> put a Tab between the two dates and then put the dates into two different 
> fields, the way they belong.  I have the field in Word and there is a 
> small rectangle between the dates. So far nothing I have used as a Find 
> has "found" it, except for White Space (^w), but when I do a find ^w and 
> replace ^t, Word replaces thousands of the occurences but the demon white 
> rectanges remain.  I even tried copying and pasting the rectange into the 
> Find box but that is not working.
>
> I have a posting on a FileMaker Pro board to see if someone can show me 
> how to separate the dates from with FileMaker, but it seems I should be 
> able to do it from within Word.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion??? 

0
Doug
6/3/2010 11:09:09 PM
Thank you for your help and the file you worked on.  The finished file is 
just what I was trying to do.  I think my only question would be, How did 
you know that the separating mark was ASCII 29?


"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:477B636B-FABD-46B1-BA01-F87F806BCC6B@microsoft.com...
>
> The unknown character is a Group Separator (ASCII 29) and to deal with it 
> you must use
>
> ActiveDocument.Range.Text = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range.Text, Chr(29), 
> Chr(9))
>
> -- 
> Hope this helps.
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:hu6hl7$iue$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> Win XP, Word 2003
>>
>> I exported a field in FileMaker Pro.  It is a repeating field with two 
>> dates in one field.  I thought I could import the field into Word and 
>> find the marker that separates one date from the next and do a Replace 
>> All and put a Tab between the two dates and then put the dates into two 
>> different fields, the way they belong.  I have the field in Word and 
>> there is a small rectangle between the dates. So far nothing I have used 
>> as a Find has "found" it, except for White Space (^w), but when I do a 
>> find ^w and replace ^t, Word replaces thousands of the occurences but the 
>> demon white rectanges remain.  I even tried copying and pasting the 
>> rectange into the Find box but that is not working.
>>
>> I have a posting on a FileMaker Pro board to see if someone can show me 
>> how to separate the dates from with FileMaker, but it seems I should be 
>> able to do it from within Word.
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion???
> 
0
Stephen
6/4/2010 11:07:52 AM
The following macro will give you the value of a selected character

Sub ANSIValue()
S1$ = "Because the selected text contains"
S2$ = " characters, not all of the ANSI values will be displayed."
S3$ = "ANSI Value ("
S4$ = " characters in selection)"
S5$ = " character in selection)"
S6$ = "Text must be selected before this macro is run."
S7$ = "ANSI Value"
Dim strSel, strNums, LastFourChar As String
Dim iPos As Integer
strSel = Selection.Text
If Len(strSel) > 0 Then
    For i = 1 To Len(strSel)
        strNums = strNums + Str(Asc(Mid(strSel, i)))
    Next i
    strNums = LTrim(strNums)
    If Len(strNums) > 255 Then
        LastFourChar = Mid(strNums, 252, 4)
        strNums = Left(strNums, 251) + Left(LastFourChar, 4 - InStr(" ", 
LastFourChar))
        MsgBox S1$ + Str(Len(strSel)) + S2$
    End If
    If Len(strSel) = 1 Then S4$ = S5$
    MsgBox strNums, 0, S3$ + LTrim(Str(Len(strSel))) + S4$
Else
    MsgBox S6$, 0, S7$
End If
End Sub

http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

-- 
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>


"Stephen Larivee" <larivees@grafton.k12.ma.us> wrote in message 
news:huamqa$i2u$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> Thank you for your help and the file you worked on.  The finished file is 
> just what I was trying to do.  I think my only question would be, How did 
> you know that the separating mark was ASCII 29?
>
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message 
> news:477B636B-FABD-46B1-BA01-F87F806BCC6B@microsoft.com...
>>
>> The unknown character is a Group Separator (ASCII 29) and to deal with it 
>> you must use
>>
>> ActiveDocument.Range.Text = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range.Text, Chr(29), 
>> Chr(9))
>>
>> -- 
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:hu6hl7$iue$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>> Win XP, Word 2003
>>>
>>> I exported a field in FileMaker Pro.  It is a repeating field with two 
>>> dates in one field.  I thought I could import the field into Word and 
>>> find the marker that separates one date from the next and do a Replace 
>>> All and put a Tab between the two dates and then put the dates into two 
>>> different fields, the way they belong.  I have the field in Word and 
>>> there is a small rectangle between the dates. So far nothing I have used 
>>> as a Find has "found" it, except for White Space (^w), but when I do a 
>>> find ^w and replace ^t, Word replaces thousands of the occurences but 
>>> the demon white rectanges remain.  I even tried copying and pasting the 
>>> rectange into the Find box but that is not working.
>>>
>>> I have a posting on a FileMaker Pro board to see if someone can show me 
>>> how to separate the dates from with FileMaker, but it seems I should be 
>>> able to do it from within Word.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a suggestion???
>> 


0
Graham
6/4/2010 11:16:33 AM
Thank you!!

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:huanaj$k2o$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> The following macro will give you the value of a selected character
>
> Sub ANSIValue()
> S1$ = "Because the selected text contains"
> S2$ = " characters, not all of the ANSI values will be displayed."
> S3$ = "ANSI Value ("
> S4$ = " characters in selection)"
> S5$ = " character in selection)"
> S6$ = "Text must be selected before this macro is run."
> S7$ = "ANSI Value"
> Dim strSel, strNums, LastFourChar As String
> Dim iPos As Integer
> strSel = Selection.Text
> If Len(strSel) > 0 Then
>    For i = 1 To Len(strSel)
>        strNums = strNums + Str(Asc(Mid(strSel, i)))
>    Next i
>    strNums = LTrim(strNums)
>    If Len(strNums) > 255 Then
>        LastFourChar = Mid(strNums, 252, 4)
>        strNums = Left(strNums, 251) + Left(LastFourChar, 4 - InStr(" ", 
> LastFourChar))
>        MsgBox S1$ + Str(Len(strSel)) + S2$
>    End If
>    If Len(strSel) = 1 Then S4$ = S5$
>    MsgBox strNums, 0, S3$ + LTrim(Str(Len(strSel))) + S4$
> Else
>    MsgBox S6$, 0, S7$
> End If
> End Sub
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>
> -- 
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
>
> "Stephen Larivee" <larivees@grafton.k12.ma.us> wrote in message 
> news:huamqa$i2u$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> Thank you for your help and the file you worked on.  The finished file is 
>> just what I was trying to do.  I think my only question would be, How did 
>> you know that the separating mark was ASCII 29?
>>
>>
>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message 
>> news:477B636B-FABD-46B1-BA01-F87F806BCC6B@microsoft.com...
>>>
>>> The unknown character is a Group Separator (ASCII 29) and to deal with 
>>> it you must use
>>>
>>> ActiveDocument.Range.Text = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range.Text, Chr(29), 
>>> Chr(9))
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>>
>>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>>
>>> "Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:hu6hl7$iue$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>> Win XP, Word 2003
>>>>
>>>> I exported a field in FileMaker Pro.  It is a repeating field with two 
>>>> dates in one field.  I thought I could import the field into Word and 
>>>> find the marker that separates one date from the next and do a Replace 
>>>> All and put a Tab between the two dates and then put the dates into two 
>>>> different fields, the way they belong.  I have the field in Word and 
>>>> there is a small rectangle between the dates. So far nothing I have 
>>>> used as a Find has "found" it, except for White Space (^w), but when I 
>>>> do a find ^w and replace ^t, Word replaces thousands of the occurences 
>>>> but the demon white rectanges remain.  I even tried copying and pasting 
>>>> the rectange into the Find box but that is not working.
>>>>
>>>> I have a posting on a FileMaker Pro board to see if someone can show me 
>>>> how to separate the dates from with FileMaker, but it seems I should be 
>>>> able to do it from within Word.
>>>>
>>>> Does anyone have a suggestion???
>>>
>
> 
0
Stephen
6/4/2010 12:31:10 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

I need to compare 3 numbers and find the one in the middle
I have three numbers in a single row and would like to identify the middle number enter that number in another cell. Example: 1st # 2nd # 3rd # result 628 678 720 678 655 625 700 655 748 720 725 725 is there a function in excel that can do this? Thanks, Eddie Try =LARGE(A1:C1,2) VBA Noo -- VBA Noo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3383 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56811 fasteddie wrote.....

Find Duplicate names and delate
Dear experts, I have a small doubt could you clarify that??? That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing… 1. Select the range of data including the header. You need to have headers for these columns 2. From menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location 3. In 'copy to' specify the target cell and check 'Unique records only' 4. Click OK will give you the unique list -- Jacob "Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote: > Dear experts, > I have a small ...

Finding a Median
I'm trying to write a query that will return a median for various values taken from a previous query. I've seen some suggestions in my searching, but I haven't been able to get them working. They are also all from before 2003 and refer to Access 97 and 2000. Has any functionality been added to 2003 for this? Or is there a non- code-based way to do it? I've seen it suggested to write a code to open the query, sort it, find the total number of records, divide it in half, then seek out the middle record using that value. I'm still very green when it comes to code, though...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs
I have a row of values that shows the total cumulative number of sales of items by month. Occasionally, there may be no sales in a month for an item so the cumulative value would stay the same for more than one month. I want to select a number in the row the first time it occurs and not select it if it repeats. What are you wanting to do with the info? To return position (column number) of number 1234 within row 2: =MATCH(1234,2:2,0) A formula that signals it's the first occurence: =COUNTIF($A2:A2,A2)=1 This could be used in a helper row, or as a conditional format f...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0
I'm using Windows ME and I've switched from RichEdit 1.0 to 2.0 for my CRichEditDoc/View application so that I can use the ITextDocument interface and can do things such as suspend/resume the Redo buffer. Problem is, now the Find/Replace dialogs don't seem to do anything. If I revert back to RichEdit 1.0 they do! What's going on? BUMP! adriangibbons@yahoo.co.uk (Adrian Gibbons) wrote in message news:<34a2acd5.0404130713.123dbaab@posting.google.com>... > I'm using Windows ME and I've switched from RichEdit 1.0 to 2.0 for my > CRichEditDoc/View application...

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

Find (but not find)
My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the name. If it cannot find name, how do you do an If/End to Exit Do while or find out if name has been founf? I have "On Error Resume Next" in program. Thanks again for all your help Gordon As ALWAYS, post your code for comments & suggestions. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1184612089.486737.144020@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the na...

Finding an event
Hello, I am developing an app that uses a single worksheet to enter data. When user double clicks a button, a new window (in same workbook) opens with a new sheet. My problem is that excel does not seem to have any events for close of window if there are multiple windows in a workbook. Can someone help Peter Peter, That triggers the Workbook_WindowActivate event, you can use that. HTH Bob "Peter Ostermann" wrote in message news:i9m5v8$7bv$02$1@news.t-online.com... Hello, I am developing an app that uses a single worksheet to enter data. When user double clicks a button...

Find value in a column and insert rows above
The set up looks like this: ColU ColV ColW ColX Y N N N Y N N N N Y N N N N Y N N N Y N N N Y N N N Y N N N Y Y Columns will always be U through X and will always be sorted in this order. I need to find the first Y in each column and insert 2 rows above that row. On the blank row above the first Y, I need to highlight in yellow and put title in the first cell, such as New, Old, Existing, Deleted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time, Dee If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this ...

Sum if Condition is Equal in Range Date and find column
I want to make a sum if Range is a week number and if style is Equal to CONC-92 or CONC-45 Week# 49 Week# 50 CONC-92= 27 CONC-92= 30 CONC-45= 27 CONC-45= 30 Datas are in a pivot table and... Pivot table looks like this: Date CONC-92 CONC-45 CONC-92 CONC-45 12/7 5 5 10 10 12/8 2 2 10 10 12/9 5 5 10 10 12/10 5 5 10 10 please help -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician ...

cannot find database
I have an excel spreadsheet that is supposed to update a access db. Whenever I try to save the .xls I get an error stating cannot find db. Even when I open the db with access, I get the error and the db opens anyway?????? This only happens on 2 out of 20 pc's and I cannot figure out why???????? Thanks ...

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find
I use the code below to store a row number to a variable after a find. I would like to trap a NO FIND if the find is unsuccessfull Any ideas. FSt1 provided the code below Sub macfindrow() dim rn as string dim rng as range dim therow as long rn = inputbox("enter something to find") if rn <> "" then Set rng = nothing Set rng = range("A1:IV65536").Find(what:=rn, _ After:=Range("A1"), _ Lookin:=xlformulas, _ Lookat:=xlpart, _ ...

How do I find the out of office reply?
My out of office reply is missing from tools. How can I retrieve it? Out of Office reply <Out of Office reply@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My out of office reply is missing from tools. How can I retrieve it? Unless you are using an Exchange server, you will not have the Out of Office Assistant. See this: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Finding numbers in rows and highlighting them
Hi everybody :) I need help. This is a lotto system. I have a spreadsheet with 508 rows and 45 columns. In each row there are 45 numbers mixed (1 to 45). I need a script or some other way to find where particular (drawn) numbers are in each of the 508 rows. If my explanation is not clear please ask for farther clarification. Thank you in advance for your help. Joh -- Johncobb4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Johncobb45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

How do I find data from a list (or table) and insert it in a row?
I used to use a spreadsheet program (2 years ago) that allowed me to lookup an item and insert it into the worksheet. I know the program was at least a year old at that time (2002). How do I create a list, reference it , and then insert an item into a row of my choice? Example: Make of item, item description, and cost. Does the data go on one worksheet and then get referenced and inserted into the list of another worksheet? If so, how? I can't seem to get any answers by reading books on the subject. I no longer have access to the old workbook from which to study. Maybe that ...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

find smallest positive number among datas
How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? Try =MIN(data_rng) -- HTH Bob "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter) Adjust your range to suit. -- David Biddulph "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > H...

Replacing USBSTOR.sys
Is it possible to replace USBSTOR.sys? How can we start developing driver to replace USBSTOR.sys? What are the responsibilities of USBSTOR.sys that must be fulfilled to be able to replace it? > Is it possible to replace USBSTOR.sys? ImagePath registry value. > What are the responsibilities of USBSTOR.sys that must be fulfilled to = be=20 > able to replace it? Conversion of SCSI CDBs to USBSTOR URBs Enumeration of the child devnode for the storage LUN Supporting all IOCTLs the storage port driver should --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraf...