Fillable Form

Using Word 2003.  I'm trying to make a fillable authorization form for our
website so volunteers can type in it at their own computer, save it and
attach to an e-mail and send in for an authorized signature.  I have tried
making a form to put on the website, but the grey fillable area did not
expand when I tested it.  The area only would only the number of characters
that Word allowed and did not "grow" to include more letters for an
explanation or even a name.  Could you please help me so that the fillable
area expands?  Is there anything else I should know when posting a form on
our church website so that no one can change the form's wording or content?
As always, thank you so much for your help!

See:

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Word 2003.  I'm trying to make a fillable authorization form for our
> website so volunteers can type in it at their own computer, save it and
> attach to an e-mail and send in for an authorized signature.  I have tried
> making a form to put on the website, but the grey fillable area did not
> expand when I tested it.  The area only would only the number of
> characters
> that Word allowed and did not "grow" to include more letters for an
> explanation or even a name.  Could you please help me so that the fillable
> area expands?  Is there anything else I should know when posting a form on
> our church website so that no one can change the form's wording or
> content?
> As always, thank you so much for your help!

0
Doug

publish form
This is probably a question asked over and over, however i cant find a satisfactory answer that i underastand. I have designed a form using outlook 98 , this form is used by others and i am currently the only recipient who will ever read its results. The only way i can get this form to the users of it is to place a copy of the form on their computer (Currently the desktop). How do i get the form into Outlook 98 itself i.e to be able to select it from a menu like you would for a New Mail message for all users. I would like to be able to do this in one fell swoop, we do not use exchange or a...

Subform to form events
I have a form with a subform (which is a datasheet). I found that the subform control OnClick event will fire when I move from the form to the subform, however, I can not find an event that will fire when I move from the subform back to the parent form. I have tried Form_Activate, Form_MouseClick, Form_KeyDown, etc. MouseMove seems to work once in a while but not stable enough to trust. Does anyone know how I can get code to run when I switch from a subform back to a form? Hi, there is an on exit event for the subform. This fires when the user leaves the subform and returns to the main f...

How to select other form's Treeview item
Examples: I want create new project and two Button. (Button Click: Control other program's Treeview like outlook have Folders. ) When I click button1 Outlook Express folders selected item is 'Inbox'.click button2 selected 'newsgroups.borland.com' ...

form creating new row in table1, looking for field value in table
Please can someone help as I have been battling all week with this problem, and haven't had a response. I have a form which uses some data from table1 to create an entry in table2 (i know duplication is bad, but as this is a live database, and i am working on a new section, this makes this complicated task easier), which works fine. however, i have a third table that has the unique ID from table1 and table2 in order to show when a table1 row of data is needed in table2 via a checkbox. This third table3 is created when elsewhere. The problem lies with bringing in the unique ID value...

creating a fillable area in a fillable forms...
I have creted a fillable form with drop downs and fields, but I have a couple of areas where I am trying to create defined areas where the person can enter a short paragraph of text. I guess I'm looking for a field which is defined and the text wraps automatically to the next line(without altering the rest of the document). So far I have tried a simple text field with unlimited characters but the text does not wrap inside the box. Any thoughts? You can place the text form field inside a (border-less) table cell whose width is fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

form repaint
Hello I have a form with a graph. When I click on a combo box, selecting a criteria, the graph will update itself with the relevant information. That was in w2k. I switched to win7 and now it doesn't refresh itself. When I open another form over the graph, and closes it, I am able to see the graph. I have tried to repaint the form using me.form.repaint, on the after update event of the combo but it doesn't work. How do I overcome this issue? Many thanks for your help in advance. Richard Richard, What version of Access? It would also help to see the code y...

Pass form parameters to query expression
Hi All - Given: 1. Stand-alone Access 2003 mdb database. 2. Custom dialog form with two textboxes for user input (latitude & longitude). 3. btnOK on the form sets Me.Visible = False, but does not close the form. 4. A stored Select query based on an underlying table. 5. A controlling VBA procedure that opens the form, waits until btnOK is pressed, then continues executing. Question: Can the form variables ‘latitude’ and ‘longitude’ be passed from the open form (or from the controlling VBA procedure) to an expression in a query field of the stored query without using an SQL statement? ...

Importing Form
When i am trying to import data from another database i am running into a problem. It is allowing me to import all tables and queries however it will not allow me to import forms or reports. I can see the forms and reports however it is greyed out and will not let me hit select all. Any work around so i can import the data? Is it possible that the database from which you're trying to import is an MDE? Forms and reports don't actually exist in any usable form in MDEs. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "scott04" <s...

Form different size in form view vs design view
Hello A newbie question...Why when I set my form size to 6 inches width in design view it fills the page in Form view? Thanks for any input! Steve On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:24:01 -0800, SteveZmyname <SteveZmyname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The AutoResize property of the form should be set to Yes. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hello >A newbie question...Why when I set my form size to 6 inches width in design >view it fills the page in Form view? Thanks for any input! > >Steve Is it set to maximize on Open? Or possibly you have another form opene...

Out of nowhere, my forms all open as Maximized
Good Day, This wasn't happening before. All my forms have the default veiw set to single form and the Min/Max Buttons are both Enabled. When I veiw the forms in the Design Veiw, they show in a small area of the window, but when I go into the Form View, it takes up the entire area and the Min/Max Buttons are not available. Thank you very much! -debi- Hi Debi, If you didn't mess with the controls, you might have "Maximize" some in your code. "-debi-" wrote: > Good Day, > > This wasn't happening before. All my forms have the default veiw set...

Search Form.
I have asked this before, but I never got an answere. I guess because I was not very clear. I have a form that has plain text boxes and combo boxes. I enter data in the form and save them and then make changes to them later. For example I enter start dates, end dates and make selctions from combo boxes and save them. I would like to have another form on which I can search by start date, end date or by the selections from the combo boxes. I would also like to be able to chose more than one crieteria for my search. I want the form to display the result in the form footer. Here is the trick pa...

Executing record operations from a Master Form to a Subform
Hi All I have a single master form that is set up kind of like a web page in that it has frame areas. Heading, Company Logo, Main Work area - which is a subform, and there is a tree menu. Selecting nodes in the tree menu changes the subform and hence the operation being performed on the database. I also have a frame on the master form that has a standard set of buttons (I.e. Save, Delete, Move, Find, etc). My problem is that I want these standard buttons to operate on the data in the subforms Thus far I have tried: 1. Command from master form (format: DoCmd.GoToRecord , frmTreeMenu_SubForm....

"The custom form could not be opened" message in Outlook 2003
I have 3 users out of 10 who get “The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead" message when they try to open an “OFT” file. They are all running Win XP & Office 2003. All PC have the latest Microsoft updates. This problem started to occur after running the Microsoft updates. I have tried: Clearing the Outlook Forms Cache, by hitting “Clear Cache” button in Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Custom Forms/Manage Forms. I've renaming C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\local settings\application data\microsoft\forms\FRMCACHE.DAT I’v...

Identify index from any loaded form
Is there a way that when a form is loaded, it identifies which other form it was opened from? I was hoping there was something that could identify the loaded form, and then pass the index (which will always have the same field name) to the new record. What I'm looking for is something like this -- where RecordID is the field name linking the parent and child: Private Sub Form_Load() RecordID = [Forms]![(something to identify which form the new form was loaded from)]![RecordID] End Sub Why not reverse the logic and 'push' the id in the RecordID like: When form A needs to...

Fillable Form
Using Word 2003. I'm trying to make a fillable authorization form for our website so volunteers can type in it at their own computer, save it and attach to an e-mail and send in for an authorized signature. I have tried making a form to put on the website, but the grey fillable area did not expand when I tested it. The area only would only the number of characters that Word allowed and did not "grow" to include more letters for an explanation or even a name. Could you please help me so that the fillable area expands? Is there anything else I should know when po...

Form Security
Thanks in advance. I'm using 2003, I've set up security, I want to prevent a specific user from being able to modify specific fields in a form that opens up in datasheet view. I've attempted the following behind the form & it's not working: Private Sub Form_Load() If CurrentUser() = "blackman" Then Me.ID = vbReadOnly Me.GageNo = vbReadOnly Me.EmpNo = vbReadOnly Me.GageOwner = vbReadOnly Me.QA = vbReadOnly Me.QARecDate = vbReadOnly Me.QARetDate = vbReadOnly Me.EmpNoRecd = vbReadOnly Me.CalCategory = vbReadO...

blinking form afterupdate
Hi, When i use this command: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70 The form blinks with every update. Is there a way to prevent the form from blinking ? I hope to hear from you ! Best regards and thanks in advance, Pierre This code requeries the form and displays any changes to the data. Where are you using that code - is it on a button or some other event? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Pierkes" <info@advisearch.nl> wrote in message news:4bf61674$0$31931$703f8584@news.kpn.nl... > Hi...

Back Order Qty Print on Picking Ticket form
Hi, I have 2 itmes on Invoice, One of the item is full filled partially and other are Back order while 2nd item has 2 qty and all of them are Back order. I would like to print the back order qty of 2 items on picking ticket forms. When I print the picking ticked it doesn't print the 2nd item as second item qty invoice and fulfill is zero. How do i print the second item on picking ticket when all the qty is back order and nothing has to invoice. Pls advise. Thanks I don't think you can. You can 'override the shortage' on the order and then it will ...

displaying a chart in a form
How do I display an excel chart in a form? cd, Add an image control to the form. Copy the chart. Paste directly (Ctrl + V) into the "Picture" property of the image in the properties window. Adjust the "Picture Alignment", "PictureSizeMode" properties to suit. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "cd" <deycd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1135274950.930389.39040@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com How do I display an excel chart in a form? I should have said I need the chart to refresh when the data ref...

Form
An former employee password protect an Outlook 2000 form. We don't know the password. What can an Administrator do to unlock the password. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/getformpassword.htm for sample code. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6F1D19-65E9-4443-9289-66BBB3A11FE4@microsoft.com... > An former employee password protect an Outl...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Changing Form background color conditional format
I am trying to fingue out how to get the conditional format for a Form. There is a field called [Reason For Test] and I am trying to write the code so that when someone chooses "Applicant" the form page (not continuous) background color is Green, and when they choose "Allied Agency" the form page background color is blue. I would really appreciate help with this. Forms, to my knowledge, don't have a conditional format property. You'll need to add a small bit of code to the After_Update event of this control ([Reason For Test]) to change the backgro...

Modify Form
I want to add some textfield to the wndor maintainance window.. Well i select the field to the list of field.... i saved the change, but i used the form i want to saved in that field.. the information that i writed was not saved... ???? It's not saved, because you have not told it to save it. Adding a field with Modifier to a window by itself will do absolutely nothing to save the data. Take a look at the material and sample code we (David Musgrave and I) presented at the Microsoft Dynamics GP Technical Conference 2009 which explains in detail various techniques to ...

update form after adding to combo box
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what's missing from my code. After adding a record, if its not already in the combo box, I need to update my form and subform to show the new record and related records (in the subform). The form is programmed to automatically add a client if the name is not already in the combo box. When the new record is created, I need my form and subform to show the new record, but it is showing information for a different record. The master and Child relationships are set on the forms, but I need some kind of code to make the connection between the new client that ...

Populate a footer on a protected form with text from mixture of text form fields & drop down form filed
I have a form which generates the filename from various drop down fields/ text fields(for extraction of text in one field, the text is split, only using PART of the entry) I would like to populate the footer with the generated filename BEFORE the file is saved with this auto generated name. The code I am using to create the fileneame & save with this name is (section after "Call RunSpellCheck": Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() If ActiveDocument.FormFields("classificationDD").Result = "ENTER REPORT CLASSIFICATION" Then MsgBox "You forgot to fill in th...