Fill-In Form Problem

I have a number of fill-in forms I created with Word 2000. Many have
dropdown boxes that contain a number of responses as well as a "blank"
option (created using blank spaces) to allow us to 'clear' the field if
nothing has to be filled in. We recently switched to Word 2007 and we have
been unable to select the "blank" entry in the dropdowns, therefore, we can
no longer clear a field if no entry is required. Am I overlooking something?

0
DG

If you use the legacy dropdown fields in a protected form then Word 2007
will certainly allow a blank entry consisting of a number of spaces. Ensure
the 'blank' is the topmost dropdown entry.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a number of fill-in forms I created with Word 2000. Many have
>dropdown boxes that contain a number of responses as well as a "blank"
>option (created using blank spaces) to allow us to 'clear' the field if
>nothing has to be filled in. We recently switched to Word 2007 and we have
>been unable to select the "blank" entry in the dropdowns, therefore, we can
>no longer clear a field if no entry is required. Am I overlooking
>something?

0
Graham
2/10/2010 3:37:02 PM
I found that it works on my home computer but not on my office computer
(both are Windows XP and Word 2007). For some reason, I'm unable to use the
'blank' to clear the field in my office. And it happens in more than one
document. Yes, they are the legacy dropdowns in a protected form and the
'blank' is the topmost entry. Are there any settings I'm missing that would
cause this problem on my office computer? The only difference I'm aware of -
and I assume this shouldn't matter at all - my office computer has Office
Professional Plus 2007, my home computer has Office Standard 2007, and both
have the latest updates.

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> If you use the legacy dropdown fields in a protected form then Word 2007
> will certainly allow a blank entry consisting of a number of spaces.
> Ensure the 'blank' is the topmost dropdown entry.
>
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
> "DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have a number of fill-in forms I created with Word 2000. Many have
>>dropdown boxes that contain a number of responses as well as a "blank"
>>option (created using blank spaces) to allow us to 'clear' the field if
>>nothing has to be filled in. We recently switched to Word 2007 and we have
>>been unable to select the "blank" entry in the dropdowns, therefore, we
>>can no longer clear a field if no entry is required. Am I overlooking
>>something?

0
DG
2/11/2010 3:51:34 AM
Sorry but I can't think of a reason why this would not work.
Does it work if you start Word in its safe mode (hold the CTRL key whilst
starting and positively acknowledge the ensuing prompt)? If so see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

>I found that it works on my home computer but not on my office computer
>(both are Windows XP and Word 2007). For some reason, I'm unable to use the
>'blank' to clear the field in my office. And it happens in more than one
>document. Yes, they are the legacy dropdowns in a protected form and the
>'blank' is the topmost entry. Are there any settings I'm missing that would
>cause this problem on my office computer? The only difference I'm aware
>of - and I assume this shouldn't matter at all - my office computer has
>Office Professional Plus 2007, my home computer has Office Standard 2007,
>and both have the latest updates.
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> If you use the legacy dropdown fields in a protected form then Word 2007
>> will certainly allow a blank entry consisting of a number of spaces.
>> Ensure the 'blank' is the topmost dropdown entry.
>>
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>
>> "DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a number of fill-in forms I created with Word 2000. Many have
>>>dropdown boxes that contain a number of responses as well as a "blank"
>>>option (created using blank spaces) to allow us to 'clear' the field if
>>>nothing has to be filled in. We recently switched to Word 2007 and we
>>>have been unable to select the "blank" entry in the dropdowns, therefore,
>>>we can no longer clear a field if no entry is required. Am I overlooking
>>>something?

0
Graham

Filling cells in between pairs of numbers
Hello all, I am trying to find an easy way to fill in cells in between pairs of numbers each of which is exactly the average of the pair's difference averaged by the number of these cells greater than the previous. So I have 1 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 8 20 9 10 12 13 14 15 45 I want: 1 1 2 3.333333333 3 5.666666667 4 8 5 11 6 14 7 17 8 20 9 23.57142857 10 27.14285714 11 30.71428571 12 34.28571429 13 37.85714286 14 41.42857143 15 45 I know I can do a Fill, Series, but then even with a macro that does a "control shift up fill series enter",...

undefined variable in form
Hi, when opening the form 'product' to create a new product, the script error appears in IE: Line: 137 Char:9 Error:'quantitydecimal' is undefined Code:0 URL:http://<pc>.<domain>.de/Products/Product/edit.aspx The values in the field 'supported dezimals' are stored correctly in Database after saving the new product. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks Sounds like someone made a change to the form and removed the Quantity field. Put it back on the page and this should go away. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------------------------------...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. conta
I am using Outlook 2003. I am just now encountering an error when trying to schedule to new calendar entries. Message: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator". One change made to system today, I sync'd my I Phone that had calendar entries to this computer. My computer that I have been using since 2002 is dead. Right click on the contact folder and choose properties. What form is set as default? It should be ipm.contact. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Case filled out from SharePoint
I need to have a simple form my users fill out to submit a case. This would include the Business Required fields on the CRM Case form. Is there an easy way to do this using SharePoint? In other words, the user would go to the SharePoint site, click a link to "Submit a Support Request". This would open a form (Infopath perhaps?) where they fill in a few simple items, click submit, and a new CRM Case is created. This then would fire any pertinent workflows as if the case had been created from within CRM itself. I'm aware there are 3rd party solutions out there but would...

Publisher 2000 Problem
I've had & used Publisher for years & think it's great but I just ran accross a problem I'vr never heard of before....Everytime I go into a publisher file or Publisher itself my computer shuts down & restarts ....Any help anyone can give me would be great. Thank you so much Open the file in safe mode, if it works then you need to upgrade your printer driver. Publisher is critical about printers. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill LeClair" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Code Duplicate problem
Hi I am using the code below and it works fine if i am editing an existing record. My problem is if i create a new record then it ignores this code. Where else does this code belong so i don't have a problem? Thanks Private Sub case_no_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim strMsg As String If IsNull(Me.Case_No) Or (Me.Case_No = Me.Case_No.OldValue) Then Else If Not IsNull(DLookup("ID", "tblLawsuitTracking", "ID = " & Me.ID)) Then Cancel = True strMsg = "Case number already exists" & vbCrLf & _ ...

From field filled in
Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am using Office 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have a second mailbox setup in my profile. When I reply to an e-mail sent to the other inbox, the From field is automatically filled in with that name. So for example, if the other inbox is "HelpDesk" and I reply to an e-mail in that inbox, the from field is automatically filled in as "HelpDesk". Hope that makes sense. Thanks!! <twytch111@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175611189.053649.28340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am...

Problem in online transactions
I am still getting the OFXHTTP400 error on T Rowe Price accounts. It gets the pricing information but no additional transactions. I suspect this is a corrupted file. I ran a cleanup and it 18 transactions, none of them TRP but I know the records are intermingled... I have tried this on Money 2004 and Money 2006 on separate computers. Both exhibit the same behavior. I am really starting to get to my wits end - this software is far from the reliable type one needs for perosnal finances. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks ...

Problems with printing

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

Have one fill to auto fill aother
My question is simple. I would like to have field 27 = field 25. So when someone enters the data for field 25, the same data auto populated in field 27. Any help is appreciated! Kaylen, In the CotrolSource for Field 27 type... =[field 25] ....assuming of that you are talking about a form in Microsoft Access or did you mean to post this question in the Excel newsgroup? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions....

How to set password to open form
Hi all, I have created a form , in that command button is created when clicked it will open another form. but i need when button is clicked a input box should appear requiring password. when password entered then only that form should open. pls help me these 2 things. 1. when password is entered in inputbox , i want to display message box with entered password ... how can i do it. Naveen, Something like... If Me.txtPassword = "ugh" Then DoCmd.OpenForm "YourForm" Else MsgBox "You do not have permission to view ...

XML Problem

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Opening a blank form
Hi guys, I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query that gather information from different tables, the problem is when I open the form it shows data already, I want a blank form when it opens, I already tried including DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRecord in the open from event, but I get “You can go to the specified record”, if I go to the query I can’t modify the data or add a new record that is why the acNewRecord is not working. I’ll really appreciate any help Thanks Maracay wrote: >I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query ...

Problem accessing deleted, recovered .pst file
Hi - I'm attempting to access a .pst file that had been deleted that I have recovered using a third party recovery tool. the file seemed to be successfully recovered, but Outlook is not recognizing it as a .pst file. I have tried using scanpst.exe, but that also does not recognize it as a .pst file. Since I've had varying luck with recovery tools, I've recovered the deleted file using several, but with no luck accessing it. Any suggestions? I'm on Vista, using Outlook 2007. thanks - Toby Can you confirm that the file extension is ".pst&...

Vc dll with VB problem
Hi Group I have created a dll (win32 dll) my other vc programs can use the dll without a problem But i have problem when running a vb app with this dll. It gives "Bad dll calling convention" I am sure there is nothing wrong with the parameter . The the vb compiled exe works ok with the dll, the error only happens during running in debug mode in vb. In cpp realm #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif #ifdef MYCPP_API_EXPORTS #define MYCPP_API __declspec(dllexport) #else #define MYCPP_API __declspec(dllimport) #endif ............. .......... MYCPP_API int fnone(voi...

How to create FORM at run time in VC++
Well.. i need to add controls at run time say i need a form view where i need to add controls like Datetime picker , edit box etc.. and access (or assign ) values to that editbox or date time picker through scripting (VB). how can i go about it ? i have done VB scripting in VC++ say if i need to assgn values to a text box ( the text box is placed in the dialog and scripting is done on a edit box which is placed in the dialog) i can do it through scripting . no i need to ad controls in a form at run time ..(Even the form should be created at run time . and one more doubt : is it possible to ad...

I have a problem with opening a form.
On the double click event of a button, I have the following code DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.OpenQuery "Qry CustApp", acNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OpenQuery "List Append", acNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OpenQuery "List Delete", acNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OpenForm "Queries Edit form", , , "QueryID = " & Me.QueryID & "" DoCmd.Close acForm, "menu", acSaveNo The button is on each row of a continuous form. When I double click the button it should run the queries and then open the edit form at the...

Filling in blank PO
Hi everybody, I have some question to you, when you create blank PO, then go to content and click Add Item you can see tw boxes. In top one there are all items from your database and in bottom one there are Items you are adding. If you reach number of rows visible in bottom window there is scroll bar comming on right hand side, and as you add more items every new ona is going to the very bottm of the list which is in invisible area. To get there and type in Qty you have to scroll down whole list every time when you add next item. I'm using most recent updates for RMS and I checked i...

Newbie (ish) problem
Ok - here is some of my data Company1 Text1 Company1 Text2 Company2 Text2 company2 text2 Company2 text4 Company3 Text here Company3 Text1 Company3 Texta What I what to do is take that data, put it into a worksheet, an transpose it like this Company1 Text1,text2 Company2 Text2,Text2,text4 Company3 Text here,text1,texta I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours.. and I can't ge it! Look forward to reading the answer. Do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Don, Here it is Sub MoveEm() Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim cLastRow As Long Dim rng As R...

range.insert problems
Any help would be appreciated... this is using Excel 2003 SP1 on WinXp SP2 The following statement works fine. It inserts a blank cell at F1 and shifts the column down. Range("F1").Insert xlShiftDown The following statement returns an error: "Insert Method class failed" Range("F1").Insert xlShiftDown, Range("B1") I've tried adding ".value" to the CopyOrigin (the second argument). , declaring a variant as the CopyOrigin, I've tried parentheses... I can't get it to work. What I want is to insert B1 at location F1 shifting colum...

sending forms
I have designed a form using outlook. I can fill in all the fields ok, but when I send it, the person I send it to cannot see it. Anyone know why? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I have designed a form using outlook. >I can fill in all the fields ok, but when I send it, the >person I send it to cannot see it. >Anyone know why? >Thanks -> I used the message format template ...