Extracting the Contents of a Field

Is there a simple way to extract the text contents from a field and
paste as text while retaining the formatting?

What works is selecting half the text, copy, paste. Select the other
half, copy, paste.

If I select it all and paste, I get the field against. I thought paste
special might work but has given me no joy.
0
faceman28208

Paste the field and then unlink it (Ctrl+Shift+F9).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

<faceman28208@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a simple way to extract the text contents from a field and
> paste as text while retaining the formatting?
>
> What works is selecting half the text, copy, paste. Select the other
> half, copy, paste.
>
> If I select it all and paste, I get the field against. I thought paste
> special might work but has given me no joy.

0
Suzanne

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

HELP: Trying to Automate Documention Content
Greetings--new user; first post! I have a rather sophisticated feature I'm trying to do in Word, but don't know how to accomplish. I'm a technical writer and produce the user manuals for our company. One product has sixteen different variations of the same manual, 95% of which is the same with subtle differences peppered throughout the document. I have a new manager who has asked me to automate the structure of the document so we have one manual that can be constructed as any one of the sixteen variants on the fly. I don't know how to do this in Word. The ...

Filter to select from various fields on opening a form
I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field); DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field). At the same time, I want the option not to select anything in each of these fields. Please could somebody give me the steps to do this. I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database. Thank you for any help. I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say becau...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

delay in displaying cell contents
Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code but I dont know how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dave Hi have a look at the Wait method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave" <dave-rawlins@beeb.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9995bde6.0410151425.1688ff24@posting.google.com... > Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents > of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code > but I dont know how...

How to turn off automatic links when generating table of contents
This is the first time I have seen this happen. After selecting different levels for section titles in a document I generated the table of contents. Usually I can scroll through the table and edit entries if needed, but this table the mouse pointer turns to the finger pointer and when I click it takes me to that section title (normally I have to hold the Ctrl key and click). How can I change this so I can click in the table and not go to whatever section title? Thanks for the assistance! This is an Options setting. You don't say what version of Word you have, but in W...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

Removed content in right columns and limited size of spreadsheet
I was trying to get rid of the contents in the columns to the right of my spreadsheet and instead I accidently deleted everything to the right (area is now grey). Now I can't insert new columns because I have limited the size of the spreadsheet. How can I recover columns to the right? I can't just click undo because I have saved and gone out of the spreadsheet. The data in deleted columns is lost I do not understand how you think you have limited the size of the worksheet That is not possible tell us more best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Lost in-box contents
When hitting send/receive in-box contents diappear ...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Formatting Cells Containing Date Fields That Are Text
Someone here at work imported into Excel a column of text data that looks like mm/dd/yyyy form but need to be mmddyyyy. I thought I could simply highlight the columns, click on Format/Cells/Custom and create mmddyyyy. I do this but the data doesn't change UNTIL I highlight each cell and press F2 or double-click in each cell or create a formula using Right, Mid, etc. When I press F2 or double-click, I notice that an X and a check mark both appear to the right of the Row/ Column box. There's got to be an easier way to do this besides 'onesie-twosie' but we can't figure it...

Saving CSV files that have spaces in some fields
I want to I save a CSV file created in Excel 2003. If a field has spaces in it, I want it surrounded with quotes. For example, I want the output file to look like: ID,FirstName,LastName 10,Bob,Jones 11,"Mary A",Smith etc. TIA "Bob Richardson" <bobrNO@SPAMhidbey.com> wrote... >I want to I save a CSV file created in Excel 2003. If a field >has spaces in it, I want it surrounded with quotes. > >For example, I want the output file to look like: > >ID,FirstName,LastName >10,Bob,Jones >11,"Mary A",Smith >etc. Did you try doing thi...

Exchange 2003 vs OWA NDR content handling
In Outlook 2003, and 2000, I only have an attachment with the title "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender". If I open up this attachment, I simply see the reason codes for the delivery failure. In OWA (Exch 2003) I will also see the message with the attachment, "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender". When I open this up, I will see the reason codes for the delivery failure AND I will also have an attachment which is the original message that failed. How come this does not show up in Outlook but it appears in OWA for the same message? Is there and Exchange setting that determi...

Extract Text
Dear all I have this text in a field: 200701-I 200701-II 200701-III 200701-IV and I need to separate only the data after the six first data: -I -II -III -IV How can I do it? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Take a look at Access HELP for the Mid() function. Open a query in design view and add a new field something like: NewField: Mid([YourField],7) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:11893397...

Can I extract unique cell values from every nth column?
I have a range that covers B5:XA160. For each row, data is entered in 11-cell groups: date, some numbers, description (a text value), more numbers, and more numbers. At first it was enough to merely count how many times certain descriptions appeared, because those were the only ones we would see - or so the story went. Now, I need to extract the unique descriptions AND provide a count! Actually, I'm cheating a bit. I'm using SUMPRODUCT to return the number of times the expected descriptions appear, and by subtracting these from the total number of text values I get a count of &quo...

Extraction Tool
Do anyone know of a tool or script which I can use to extract users email address from a windows 2000 domain we are using exchange 2000 w Here's a script to extract ALL email addresses form a domain: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/09/how-to-export-all-email-addresses-from.html Do you need something for a single user? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "wmb" <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote in message news:efxeuymMGHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Do anyone know of a tool or script which I ca...

Extracting data to make mailing list
My neighbour has a .PUBS name and address doc. The doc is 10 pages long. Each page of the document is a table with 10 rows and 3 columns. Each cell is name on top the line followed by 2 or 3 lines of address. She then just cuts the full sheet Avery into mailing labels. This has become too difficult to manage, sort, filter, etc. Anyone have a suggestion how to extract this data so I can make a Publisher mailing list? Thanks. -- Ross try bringing it into Excel...you'll some "massaging" to do. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Ross"...

Calculated items/fields in pivot table
Dear all, I am new to excel pivot table and I would like to ask you all a question regarding the calculated items/fields in pivot table. I am making a pivot table whose data source is shown below: Team Salesperson Amount Sold Price each Team Person Amount Sold Price each Paper A 50 35 Paper D 60 25 Pen D 500 4 Desk C 20 400 Desk A 10 700 Pen B 700 3.5 Clip B 500 2.5 Clip C 600 2 Desk B 15 600 I am thinking if it is a way to add a field in the pivot table which can show the total sale of each Team. For e...

MID formula not extracting what I want.
I'm trying to extract the date from a cell using the MID formula and all I'm getting is some weird number that does not seem to make sense. I have tried formatting the target cell but still no change. Any clues about it? How can I do this? 1/13/2006 12:16:29 AM =MID(E5,1,9) 38730.011 -- wayliff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wayliff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29860 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501062 Hi That's because Excel stores dates as...