Does newsgroup have a way to search the list?

It would be helpful.
Patti

0
Patti

If you use a newsreader the messages are filed and searchable on your own
PC - http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm
Otherwise the archive at Google Groups is searchable.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Patti Barden wrote:
> It would be helpful.
> Patti

0
Graham

Is there a newsgroup for Wndows 7?
Haven't been able to find one. TIA Try this link and select the appropriate M$ forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > Your ISP may not carry it, but there is alt.windows7.general. If not, then you can...

Compare two lists #2
Hello friends, I want to compare two excel sheets with long lists. In both lists the items are almost the same, but there are some exceptions. Now I want to compare this two sheets Copy the parts which are only in the second list and paste it on another sheet. How do i get that? Thanks for your help Best Regards Visit Chip's site at www.cpearson.com where there is lots of info on duplicate checking best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email <qmailace@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:a5ac5649-93b0-4afe-904f-76b...

Converting data list into spreadsheet
How do I convert a long 1000+ list of numbers into a table? http://tinyurl.com/669cb -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11ed01c4a323$c788ca30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I convert a long 1000+ list of numbers into a > table? How is the info laid out? What's the format of the file? ASCII, comma delimited, tab delimited? More info would be best, however you should be able to open the list in Excel. The Import Wizard should start automatically and walk you through the import. G...

SQL 2005 all the way to 2014
Our devs would like to stay on SQL 2005 all the way until 2014 or so.. They believe they will retire the app by then. What should we keep them informed about as far as the cons of that approach ? I understand mainstream support comes to an end next year... and we can go extended support ... What does that really mean ? Are they the same kind of support from MS ? I understand they wont get the new features,etc.. and they don't care.. So I'm looking at some potential operational/licensing/support issues that we need to consider if we do decide to run with SQL 2005 for the...

AutoResponder For Distribution List
Hi All When i send a mail to a particular distribution List , the sender should get a auto response from that DL , is there any way of doing it Cheers Swap Hi, yes, you can change the way the DL is managing the "autoresponse" in the property of the Distribution List (in AD users and Computers management). Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexchange.dyndns.org Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm "Swap" <swapnir@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1102859095.852993.195620@c...

Default contacts list
In 2007 how would I change the default contacts list so that whenever I select the To button I cet the Contacts folder not the Global Address Book. Thanks Ctrl+Shift+B - then Tools, Options. It's the first screenshot here: http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/contacts/contacts.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NE...

Outlook and Newsgroup Handling?
The last time I looked at Outlook back when I was using W95B it did not support Newsgroups. Can anyone tell me if any of the newer versions, (Outlook 2000, 2002) supports? Thanks no, outlook does not support newsgroups. you need OE or another newsreader for that. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com M...

Media List Pane sort
Is there anyway to change the default 'by Title' to 'by File Name'? On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:35:32 -0400, "Theo" <Theoleo54@optonline.net> wrote: >Is there anyway to change the default 'by Title' to 'by File Name'? You mean the Playlist panel ? Click the small dropdown on the top-right (on WMP12 this is to the right of the green 'Play To' icon) Then choose Sort ... By File name to order the playlist by that instead of title HTH Cheers - Neil ------------------------------------------------ Digital Media MVP : 2004-201...

Money File list
I moved my Money file to another drive but the old location still shows in the File List as a duplicate name. How can I remove the old file name from the list of Money files shown under Files? In microsoft.public.money, Ed Spuler <Ed Spuler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I moved my Money file to another drive but the old location still shows in >the File List as a duplicate name. How can I remove the old file name from >the list of Money files shown under Files? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841213 Thanks, worked fine. "Cal Learner...

Change search for products
Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it searches by product id and not name? I'm referring to the "Find Products" function on the product screen. My client knows the id better than the name. Thanks! The Find Products function is not customizable. Unfortunately you cannot change it. Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "John" wrote: > Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it > searches by product id and not name? > > I'm referring to the "Find Products" funct...

Best way to "copy down" for 60,000 rows
I have a fairly large worksheet (60,000 rows). I need to add some columns with calculations. With smaller worksheets, I enter the formula in the first row, then drag that cell down to the last row to replicate it. With 60,000 rows, that gets tedious. Is there a quicker way to copy H3 to H4 through H60000? Hi If there is continuous data in the adjacent column, just Double click the fill handle and it will copy down the complete range. -- Regards Roger Govier "Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@moo.gov> wrote in message news:hbe786dmi86igq850uttrm3cs6395jrdhr@4ax.com... > I have a ...

I need to list multiple related records within a single report she
I have a report which shows data, one sheet per school, for secondary schools. On each school's sheet I need to list the feeder primary school(s). At the moment, when there is more than one feeder primary school, the report is creating one duplicate sheet per secondary school, each with a different primary listed, rather than listing, say, 2 or 3 primary schools on the one secondary school reoport sheet. How do I solve this? Any help would be much appreciated. The primary school data is drawn from a different, but related, table to the secondary data, with a one-to-many join on the...

newsgroup
why does windows email select a random message instead of the last message when i go to this newsgroup? I. ...

MSProject 2003 Kicking End Dates Way Out
I am having a problem with MSProject moving task end dates way out into the future, even though I haven't changed duration, nor have I resource leveled the task. For example, an 80-hour task, fixed work, 75% complete, with resources working full time ends up with an end date getting kicked out several months. It's not a predecessor problem. This usually happens when I've updated resource loading or pasted a task into the project from another project. Regardless, the end date makes no sense. Any advice as to what is going on here? -- aclaar877 -----------------...

How do I add a list of times to get an average time?
I am doing a study of the time it takes to process a form. The form goes through three stations. I have "total time to process" at the end. I would like to add these times and determine an average time to process a form. How is this done? I have tried different formatting with no success. I am using Office 2003. =average(a1,b3,c9) or =average(a1:a3) You may want to format the cell as: [hh]:mm:ss Matt75 wrote: > > I am doing a study of the time it takes to process a form. The form goes > through three stations. I have "total time to process" at the end. I...

Newsgroups
Does Outlook let you access Newsgroups? -- Thank You, Robert Runkel P.O. Box 1816 Monterey, CA 93942-1816 Home Phone: 831-648-8651 Cell Phone: 831-402-4943 FAX Phone: 831-649-7174 Below is the email address to contact Bob Runkel: <mailto:BRUNKEL@ACM.ORG> Not directly. By default, Outlook uses a news only version (i.e. no mail functions available) of Outlook Express as its newsreader. You can get to it from within Outlook by using View | Go To | News. If you'd prefer to use a 3rd party newsreader such as Agent or Gravity, you would just need to change your default news client...

Getting User List using WebDAV
Hi, Can anybody plz tell me how to get the list of Exchange User list using WebDAV in ASP.Net in Windows 2003. Vishu ...

Reading newsgroup in Outlook Express
Need a review........... Had it set up in format incarnation. Now my system is back at Step One. Would some kind soul please help me find out which server to point OE to so that I can read this group in something other than the web. The search functions here aren't the greatest. Thank you :-) Murphy's Law says that I no sooner submit the request when I find the answer for myself. "JL Amerson" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:037001c3795c$658430a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Need a review........... > > Had it set up in format incarnation. Now...

deleting rows using X search and last row
I have a column H that has numbers in it. I want to find down the column for an X. When the X is found I need to select that row that X is in and select the last row with data and delete the selected rows. Hi try the following macro: Sub delete_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For row_index = 1 to lastrow If Cells(row_index, "A").Value= " X" then Rows(row_index & ":" & lastrow).delete exit for End If Ne...

Need combination Distribution List/Group.
I have the need to create a Distribution Group that I can added SMTP addresses to it, but this dristribution group needs to be able to be emailed from outside the organization. It seems that if I create a standard dristribution group, I can only add names to it that are in the address book. If I create a distribution list in public folders, then I can add an SMTP email address without it being in the address book, but this group/list is not addressable from outside the organzation. This is on Exchange 2003. Any ideas? Thanks Stacey Stacey wrote: > I have the need to create ...

List control Korean Unicode Chars
I tried to recreate the same problem discussed in thread "CListCtrl unicode doesn't display korean characters correctly" under VC#2005 Express in WinForm dialog-box, and there is no problem in that context. I also gave a look with Spy++ to the list control of the .NET world, and it seems a different thing from the Win32 controls (its class name is "WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.b7ab7b"). I wonder if the .NET developers: 1. rewrote the controls from scratch (not reusing Win32 controls) 2. put a BOM in front of each Unicode strings... :) 3. ? Still no answer ...

Selecting from a randomized list
I would like to randomly assign people to different teams, from a list of names. For example: I have a list of 50 people out of which I have selected 30 names. I want to randomly assign these 30 people to 6 teams of 5 each. Hi, Let's assume your names are in Col A starting in A1. Put this formula in b1 =RAND() copy down to the length of Col a Select the 2 columns and sort on column B and the names will be randomley grouped. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently a...

Best solution: list, tree, map, or ??
I have a prgoram I'm trying to write that takes data from a server every few seconds and will input this into a container for temporary storage so that it can be viewed in a GUI. The server sends 3 elements: ItemA - temperature; ItemB - Location, ItemC - Strength of Connection Status for an ItemB location. An example of data: ItemA ItemB ItemC ----- ------ ------- 97 Tucson 2 88 New York 1 74 Los Angeles 3 97 Tucson 0 What I'd like to do is place these records in some sort of container and have them sorted by the highest temper...

Is there an easy way to denote significance on charts
The only way I know how to add significance to charts, such as an asterisk above a bar chart, is by adding a text box. Any adjustments to the chart require rearranging the text box. Adding significance to charts is quite common and I can't believe Excel would not have an easier option for this. Another option is to apply shapes to hidden series. For example, if the shape were an asterisk you could then control the position of the asterisk based on your source data. The asterisk could always appear over the bar even if the bar moved when the source data changed. -- John Mansfie...

Newsgroup
How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP server no longer exists. Dan server is msnews.microsoft.com newsgroup is microsoft.public.pos "DJ" <lane.dj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:37b6520e-018f-43ac-8f72-24724abc0220@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP > server no longer exists. > > Dan In this case, the server and group have been reborn. However, even if they go away, there is a solution: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/releases/view/47...