Default font and size for Word 2007

Hi,

I have Word 2007. I am trying to set a default font and size for a new Word
file when I open it. I followed the instruction in the Microsoft website
below, but it doesn't work.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP100144081033.aspx

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Something could be preventing you from correctly saving changes to the
Normal template. Try the following: Click Ctrl+O; in the dialog box, click
Trusted Templates (on the left). Select Normal and click OK. You have now
opened the Normal template as a document. Make the font changes as described
in the help topic, and then save and close the file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Word 2007. I am trying to set a default font and size for a new
> Word
> file when I open it. I followed the instruction in the Microsoft website
> below, but it doesn't work.
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP100144081033.aspx
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Lisa

0
Stefan
11/12/2009 8:02:32 PM
Hi Stefen, thank you for your reply. I click Ctrl+O, my Trusted Templates
folder is emply. Why does this happen? no any files there. Please advice!

Thanks,
Lisa

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Something could be preventing you from correctly saving changes to the
> Normal template. Try the following: Click Ctrl+O; in the dialog box, click
> Trusted Templates (on the left). Select Normal and click OK. You have now
> opened the Normal template as a document. Make the font changes as described
> in the help topic, and then save and close the file.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Word 2007. I am trying to set a default font and size for a new
> > Word
> > file when I open it. I followed the instruction in the Microsoft website
> > below, but it doesn't work.
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP100144081033.aspx
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Lisa
> >

> .

That I didn't expect. If you show hidden files and folders (in Control
Panel, click Folder Options), then can you see Normal in the templates
folder?

--

> Hi Stefen, thank you for your reply. I click Ctrl+O, my Trusted Templates
> folder is emply. Why does this happen? no any files there. Please advice!
>
> Thanks,
> Lisa
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Something could be preventing you from correctly saving changes to the
>> Normal template. Try the following: Click Ctrl+O; in the dialog box,
>> click
>> Trusted Templates (on the left). Select Normal and click OK. You have now
>> opened the Normal template as a document. Make the font changes as
>> described
>> in the help topic, and then save and close the file.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have Word 2007. I am trying to set a default font and size for a new
>> > Word
>> > file when I open it. I followed the instruction in the Microsoft
>> > website
>> > below, but it doesn't work.
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP100144081033.aspx
>> >
>> > Please help!
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance!
>> >
>> > Lisa
>> >

>> .

0
Stefan

Access 2007 Close button disappears..
When opening some reports from within an adp the close, restore, and minimize buttons all disappear, while the help button remains. This seems to happen when the form in which the report was called from is also maximized. When this happens my users click on the first close button and it closes both the form and the report, or sometimes the database and the report. All the buttons are enabled in the properties. One hack (and it is a very poor hack) is to issue the docmd.restore command right before the report is opened, this causes the report to open in the non-maximized vi...

Embedded Fonts in Publisher
Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without asking me? Thanks. Indian Publisher wrote: > Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my > files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without > asking me? Thanks. Do you mean embedded or missing? When you use a font in a publication it isn't embedded unless you specify (and many designers won't allow their fonts to be embedded). If Publisher cannot find an installed font it will promt you every ti...

Outlook 2007 #39
I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific text" OR "other text" not for "specific text" AND "other text". How can I get it to search using an "AND" argument? Thanks. > I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming > messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The > problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific tex...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Word documents
What does this mean ~ in front of a word document? Typically its either a temporary document that Word creates when you create, edit or open a document which should disappear when you close the document or it a corrupted document, you may be better asking this question in one of the Word Newsgroups though "scheekh" <scheekh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96B39510-AC34-4D8A-B09B-AE2179FBC68E@microsoft.com... > What does this mean ~ in front of a word document? Usually that document has a alphanumeric name and a .tmp extension. It was a document tha...

PowerPoint 2007 not playing sound files
Hi please can you help. When I link sound files to PowerPoint 2007 it shows them as being there but they do not play unless I embed them. I have tried everything, the only way I can get it to work is to package as CD and start from there, this seems to defeat the object. Please can anyone help before I pull all my hair out. Regards Steve Try putting the files into the same folder as you presentation and reinserting them to see if that makes a difference. I'm assuming .WAV files as they are the only sound files that are embedded. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - Power...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Editing, encoding and saving messages in OUTLOOK 2007
I came across a very peculiar phenomenon in OUTLOOK 2007. I edit received messages by deleting the “history” (the previous correspondence included by the sender) and leave only the new text written by the sender. I then save the messages “AS PLAIN TEXT”. The motivation is to keep the PST file small. When I reopen one of those edited received messages, I notice that the ENCODING is “Western European (Windows)”. When I change the ENCODING to “US ASCII”, ALL THE DELETED TEXT REAPPEARS! The described strange phenomenon implies that OUTLOOK didn’t actually delete the text rem...

How can I make a word 2000 page "read only" & unprintable
I am using word 2000 and I want to make myFile " Register" so that every one could not open the File without the user name and password,and how can I make my file "read only" and "unpritable" Thanks Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "sunny 2008" <sunny 2008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Column format when merging Excel data to Word labels
I have a four column Excel spreadsheet which I have Mail Merged into Word to create labels. One of the columns in Excel contains a list of four digit numbers. Some of those numbers begin with a zero. When I have merged the data into Word labels, the four digit numbers starting with a zero have the zero missing. I have tried all sorts of number formats in Excel but can't get the zeros to stay there when merged to Word. Can anyone help???? I'm using Office 2003. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Wo...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

The size of the Money Express dialog.
Am I the only one always trying to drag the Money Express window to a larger size? At a desktop resolution 1600 x 1200 the window seems ridiculously small. I wonder what software engineering complication would demand that the Money Express window be fixed at that size. Isn't having to needlessly scroll a cardinal rule GUI design somewhere? If I had any more than 2 or 3 Favorite accounts I get the feeling that I might not even see the upcoming events. ;) Thanks for letting me get that off my chest from over the years (currently using M04). Jon (who would be happy if someone called me a...

Rerun an open query in Access 2007
Hi, In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button on my Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had open (rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries). The queries I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to give different input. Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home" tab toolbar? -- Dan R Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize the Quick Access Toolbar. If you really want to customize the r...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Conversing Publisher 2002 to MS Word?
Is it possible to convert a Publisher 2002 paycheck stuff to a Microsoft Word template? Copy/paste? Is it all text? Save the Publisher file as "files of type" as a plain text document or .rft (rich text) or a Word document. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "djhilde" <djhilde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0374A72-D2D8-4911-A7F8-0EBDF2FF33BA@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to convert a Publisher 2002 paycheck stuff to a Microsoft Word > template? ...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

How big a record size is too big from a performance standpoint?
Hi, I'm pretty new to Access and I would like to know from a performance standpoing if there is a record / row size that is too big for an Access database. My record size will be about 4k to 6k and I will have a max of 10,000 record. They will be multiple users (1 to 4) accessing the database. I think Access 2003 and above will handle this, but I wanted to make sure before I got to far into the project. Thanks, ----- Dennis -- Dennis Dennis Use Access HELP and check "specifications". I believe you'll find that the max record length ...

2007 outlook doesn't suggest addressees when I start typing a To:
When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest recently used addresses to select. Is there a setting I have to set? | When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest | recently used addresses to select. | | Is there a setting I have to set? I had the same problem after upgrade to Office 2007. I had for the first time save an address in address book - if address exists just edit&save ( no changes required ). After that voodoo outlook started to cooperate as expected. If you've upgraded from an older Outlook versio...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Display a calculated number as text or words?
I have a query that calculates the number of days to complete a job. In other words it subtracts end date from start date. In a report I want to display the number of days in words. 1 = one, 2 = two, and so forth. I think this will point you in the right direction: Convert numbers into words (dollar values) How to print dollar values out in words: Check http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm at "The Access Web" -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "JanT" <JanT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CD08311-91AA-47CE-B9F1-CF022ACB6138@microsof...

tasks in 2007
I used to be able to copy tasks in 2003 - but there is no option for this in 2007. Does anyone know how to do this? or am I out of luck? "help!" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF6C7648-4FD9-4E53-94BC-121C29F46289@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to copy tasks in 2003 - but there is no option for this in > 2007. Does anyone know how to do this? or am I out of luck? Right-click the task and drag it to the new folder. Release the mouse button and choose Copy. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On 2/24/2010 12:16 PM, help! wrote:...

Public Folder Size
Hello, I was poking around my Exchange 2003 server, wondering where my disk space has gone and found where it has gone in the file system for my public folders. In Outlook, when I choose the top level of "Public Folders" and do Properties, Folder Size, the number is: 635,319 KB which is < 1GB. But when I go to the server's file system, in the \exchsrvr\PublicFolders directory, there are two files: pub1.edb is 6,752,648 KB and pub1.stm is 4,509,704 KB, in other words 11 GB. I have had problems in the past with NDR mail loops in public folders where we collect resumes. ...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...