Can Save As PDF enable comments?

When I use the Save As... | PDF option, is there a way that I can
enable comments and/or markup so that the person I sent it to can add
annotations?
0
Sesquipedalian

If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sesquipedalian Sam" <sesquipod@nowhere.noway> wrote in message
> When I use the Save As... | PDF option, is there a way that I can
> enable comments and/or markup so that the person I sent it to can add
> annotations?

0
Graham
4/6/2010 7:14:02 AM
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:14:02 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
<gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:

>If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
>PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.

The Adobe website

	http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html

seems to indicate that users with only Reader can annotate PDF files
that were created and "enabled" by someone using Acrobat Pro. I was
just wondering if the Word add-in or some other tool was capable of
turning on the the enabling bit.
0
Sesquipedalian
4/6/2010 11:59:28 AM
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:14:02 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
> <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
>
>>If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
>>PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.
>
> The Adobe website
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html
>
> seems to indicate that users with only Reader can annotate PDF files
> that were created and "enabled" by someone using Acrobat Pro. I was
> just wondering if the Word add-in or some other tool was capable of
> turning on the the enabling bit.

It is not done as part of the PDF creation even in Acrobat. It is an
'enhancement' applied from the Acrobat interface.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

0
Graham

Converting to PDF #2
I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Do I need to upgrade to Publisher 2003 or can this be fixed? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Banks <Banks@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher > 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Publisher sends printable information to the printer driver. As you cannot click a hyperlink on a printed piece of paper, Publisher doesn&#...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

Can I only allow printing to pdf in Excel?
I have created a template in Excel which has been set up so that the layout is perfect when printing to pdf (which is how the document will mostly be used) but the layout changes if printing direct to our printer. Is there a way that I can ONLY allow printing to pdf from this document? Hello You may consider using some VBA to achieve this. One way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event and specify the pdf printer in the PrintOut method, eg: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PrintOut copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="CutePDF Writer on CPW2:" End Sub Pl...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

Progress bar doesn't appear when saving
The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document - even though we have the Status Bar on. We are using 2003 SP2 with the Adobe & LiveMeeting integrations. Even with disabling the integrations and removing macros, we cannot seem to get the progress bar back. any ideas? My support guy says to uninstall/reinstall Office to fix this, but with 67 users, I would rather not. khw ---------------------------------------- Hello? khw ---------------------------------------- "khw" wrote: > The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document -...

publication designs in publisher
i am trying to create a flyer in publisher. basically, i have about 7 or 8 different sheets, all with the same content, but i want to have a different publication design for each one, so i can show my boss variations. however, when i try to change the publication design on say, page 3, it changes it on page 1. i can't seem to have 7 or 8 different sheets, all with different publication designs. is this because it sees all these sheets as one publication rather than 7 or 8? any help would be much appreciated. thank you! Read the HELP file how to turn off the Synchronisation. -- ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Need to merge multiple records in to one.. Can it be done?
I have a table with thousands of records containing a clients name in one field, a date in a second field and then a note in a third field. A new record is created each time a note was entered for that client. Example: Client A 01/01/01 First Note Client A 01/05/01 Second Note Client A 02/10/01 Third Note Client B 01/01/01 First Note What I need to do is convert this information so each client only has one record and in that record are all of their notes and the dates for those notes. The data is going to be imported in a new program so it must be in the new format. Can someone ...

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

how can i start using excel for the first time?
i cant figure out how to get excel to work for me and im a first time user of it? i Cant get nothing to work on it? can anyone please help me here Paul Can you get Excel to start up? Can you get a blank workbook to open via File>New? For basics on Excel see.......... http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Microsoft Training Courses. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:39:02 -0800, "Paul Scheffer" <Paul Scheffer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i ...

Can't open attachments in Outlook Express
I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the name of the attachment is shown. I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? Or is this a setting problem? I need some help ASAP as I have students who are depending on me for some answers Thank you very much Tim wrote: > I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed > access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the > name of the attachment is shown. > > I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? > Or ...

Can I change default workplace "All" filter to "Appointments"??
Hi all, We heavily use the Appointments section of the CRM Workplace, and have defined a number of important Appointment views (Today's Appointments, Tomorrow's Appointments, To Be Scheduled Appointments, Waiting for Callback), etc. (We heaviy customized Appointments to add a status value, and links to our custom entities. Very useful!) The views all work fine, except they don't show up in the main set of activity views. They DO show up when the Type = "Appointment", so using these views require the user to: a) Click on Workplace b) Change the Type from All to Appoin...

how can I keep top-level windows in their relative z-order
A top level window will come to the top of the z-order (here I am assuming no always-on-top windows) when activated, say by clicking on it. But the owner of a top-level window will never be brought above its owned windows. Does anyone know of a simple way to prevent the top-level windows of an application from changing their z-order when activated? Why do I want to do this? I have an application that allows transparent Flash controls. As you know, transparent Flash control must be housed in a top-level window (Actually, they must be housed in a WS_EX_LAYERED window and a WS_EX_LAYERED...

Report Generation/PDF
Here is an option. OctoTools is an easy to use document management tool suite that encompasses Forms Design, Report Formatting, Electronic Distribution, Printing, and Text to PDF conversion. Advanced features include GUI based design environment, Built-in Post Script and PCL printer output, Drag and Drop placement of all elements, Automatic dynamic text and forms merge, Text boxes for dynamic and static text & Data Design elements, objects, images & text boxes, User defined "green bar" type striping, "Watched" directory support, Conditional based data formatting, D...

saving attachments #5
I have a PC running WinXP Prof., and Outlook XP. When I click on an email that has an attachment, open the attachment (let's say it was a Word document), then click file, save as in Word, it wants to save the file to some mystery folder in the following path: Documents and Settings, DANNT, Local Settings, Temporary Internet Files, OLK2. I can't find this OLK2 folder for the life of me! I've tried all the folder options and nothing seems to work. Tried searching, but came up empty. Any ideas? Thanks so much Why don't you save it to the hard drive first then open...

Certain mailboxes can be read by anyone, others can't
Hi Everyone :) Bit of a weird one: Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 and I noticed today that any user can access my mailbox via the Open Other User's Folder function in Outlook (both 2000 and 2003). I have tested with a few other mailboxes, and some are accessible while others aren't. I have checked in AD > Exchange Advanced > Mailbox Rights, and we all appear to have the same permissions (except in cases where I have needed access in the past and given Administrator account access). Furthermore, the permissions *appear* to be working correctly, as you cannot open a user...

How can i customize a Exchange Template?? Which is the tool for this ?
I want to modify the templates of exchange to add more data in mail. Someones knows how to do this or if exist any tool to do this?? thanks ...

can't copy and paste from clipboard into word
My client has been copying and pasting to no end but now suddenly Word won't let her pste anything that was copied from outside the Word document. She uses Word as her Outlook editor and can't copy text from another email into the new msg. Copy/Paste outside of Word works fine. The only thing we've done recently is install the Compatibility Pack, I'm wondering if this may have broken Word. I did run Repair but it hasn't made a difference. Thanks for any help. Office 2003 (w/ latest SPs) ...

Can't send Internet Mail with Exchange 5.5
Using Exchange 5.5 behind a Proxy 2.0 server I can receive mail from the internet, send and receive mail on our domain, BUT can not send mail out to the internet. The message leaves my outbox and is put in my sent items. No mail is going into the IMS queue for Outbound mail. Ports 25, 143, 110 are open. Any ideas? Thanks David Check your DNS settings. DNS should be the Internal IP of server and DNS should be set up to forward requests to a root server. It's a start >-----Original Message----- >Using Exchange 5.5 behind a Proxy 2.0 server > >I can receive mail from ...

I can't get any sound out of my media!!
Its telling me that I either have another device using my sounds or device is not installed. i tried everything & just want to be able to listen to my music On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 04:05:05 -0800, Brends_88 <Brends_88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Its telling me that I either have another device using my sounds or device is >not installed. i tried everything & just want to be able to listen to my music Is this the exact error message, or something else ? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/9series/playererrors.aspx#c00d11ba_0x00000000 Can ...

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically
How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? What do you want to change it to? On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally spaced fonts single spacing is correct. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...