adobe reader

I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on screen)
in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

0
Stewart

Did you try simply highlighlighting the text you want, copy and paste it
into Word?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
> print what I want.
> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
> would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
> Thank you.

0
JoAnn

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CB026E.A2E55DF0

If you use the AR (Adobe Reader) print as a booklet. It prints two pages =
on each side of a single sheet of A4/Letter paper to create a booklet. =
That's 104/4 =3D 26 pages. So why not save the time and print a booklet =
from AR?=20

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message =
  I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on =
screen)=20
  in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
  I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify =
and=20
  print what I want.
  Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
  I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if =
this=20
  would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
  Thank you.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CB026E.A2E55DF0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">If you use the AR (Adobe =
Reader) print=20
as a booklet. It prints two pages on each side of a single sheet of =
A4/Letter=20
paper to create a booklet. That's 104/4 =3D 26 pages. So why not save =
the time and=20
print a booklet from AR? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Stewart" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:anyone@supanet.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:anyone@supanet.com">anyone@supanet.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A title=3D"news:hu5r6d$nad$1@speranza.aioe.org&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:hu5r6d$nad$1@speranza.aioe.org">news:hu5r6d$nad$1@speranza.a=
ioe.org</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on =
screen)=20
  <BR>in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.<BR>I wish to copy the pages =
I need=20
  in to a word document and then modify and <BR>print what I want.<BR>Is =
there=20
  any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?<BR>I remember reading that =
Word has an=20
  OCR capability but do not know if this <BR>would work from the Adobe =
Reader=20
  screen.<BR>Thank you. <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CB026E.A2E55DF0--

0
Terry
6/2/2010 3:14:11 PM
If that particular file allows it (which depends on how the instruction file
was created), you can click the Tools menu in Adobe Reader, click Select &
Zoom, and click Select Tool. The mouse cursor should become an I-beam when
positioned over the text area, and you can drag it across & down to select
text and pictures. Press Ctrl+C to copy the selection, switch to a Word
document, and paste.

OCR probably won't be necessary, because the copied text should paste as
editable text. The formatting may be different, though.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Stewart wrote:
> I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
> screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
> and print what I want.
> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
> this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
> Thank you.

0
Jay
6/2/2010 3:22:32 PM
To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print the
entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document, have
you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through Adobe Reader?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
> print what I want.
> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
> would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
> Thank you.

0
Suzanne
6/2/2010 4:43:00 PM
The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not permit
me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I want.
My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and have a
small compact note to go in the camera pouch.
Thanks again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print the
> entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document, have
> you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through Adobe
> Reader?
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
>>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
>> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
>> print what I want.
>> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
>> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
>> this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
>> Thank you.

0
Stewart
6/2/2010 7:22:54 PM
In article <8D58DE68-AFA9-4988-8DF9-701096E383FF@microsoft.com>, Stewart
<anyone@supanet.com> wrote:
> The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not
> permit me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I
> want. My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted
> and have a small compact note to go in the camera pouch. Thanks again.

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print
> > the entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word
> > document, have you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF
> > through Adobe Reader?
> >
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > http://word.mvps.org
> >
> > "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
> >>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
> >>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages. I wish to copy the pages
> >>I need in to a word document and then modify and print what I want.
> >> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this? I remember reading
> >>that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this would work
> >>from the Adobe Reader screen. Thank you.

A couple of things to consider...
Something like Serif's PagePlus X4 can import a lot of PDFs and Edit them.

Does your printer dialogue not have various options to print to a scale of
some sort, like multiple pages per sheet etc...?

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Dave Symes" <dave@triffid.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <8D58DE68-AFA9-4988-8DF9-701096E383FF@microsoft.com>, Stewart
> <anyone@supanet.com> wrote:
>> The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not
>> permit me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I
>> want. My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted
>> and have a small compact note to go in the camera pouch. Thanks again.
>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print
>> > the entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word
>> > document, have you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF
>> > through Adobe Reader?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> > Words into Type
>> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> > http://word.mvps.org
>> >
>> > "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>> >>

> A couple of things to consider...
> Something like Serif's PagePlus X4 can import a lot of PDFs and Edit them.
>
> Does your printer dialogue not have various options to print to a scale of
> some sort, like multiple pages per sheet etc...?
>
> Dave
>
> --
>
> Dave Triffid

0
Suzanne
6/2/2010 8:16:14 PM
What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to Word?

--

> The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not permit
> me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I want.
> My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and have a
> small compact note to go in the camera pouch.
> Thanks again.
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print the
>> entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document, have
>> you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through Adobe
>> Reader?
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>>>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
>>>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
>>> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
>>> and print what I want.
>>> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
>>> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
>>> this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
>>> Thank you.

0
JoAnn
6/3/2010 2:38:32 PM
Out of curiosity (and because I enjoy a challenge), what model camera? Let
me see how long it takes me to throw in the towel.  ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
> print what I want.
> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
> would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
> Thank you.

0
JoAnn
6/3/2010 2:39:26 PM
JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool (windows 7) and
then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it to read a screen shot
using OCR.
The long way round would be to print the bits I want from Adobe Reader, then
scan back in and use OCR to get into word format.
That is cumbersome.
The camera is Panasonic Lumix  DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems to be a
beauty.  I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss Contarex single lens reflex
(too heavy now), a Nikon underwater (no longer use) and an Olympus compact
(heavy for my pocket) so I can make comparisons.
Thanks again.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to Word?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>> The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not
>> permit me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I
>> want.
>> My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and have
>> a small compact note to go in the camera pouch.
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print
>>> the entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document,
>>> have you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through
>>> Adobe Reader?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>>> Words into Type
>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>> http://word.mvps.org
>>>
>>> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message

0
Stewart
6/3/2010 3:20:54 PM
Security in pdf is overrated, it's just a suggestion for pdf viewers to
implement such a thing. There exist viewers which completely ignore all
security settings. Downside is, they are mostly viewers on linux based
systems, not Windows.

Yves

"Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
> The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not permit
> me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I want.
> My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and have a
> small compact note to go in the camera pouch.
> Thanks again.
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print the
>> entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document, have
>> you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through Adobe
>> Reader?
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>>>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
>>>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
>>> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
>>> and print what I want.
>>> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
>>> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
>>> this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
>>> Thank you.

0
Yves
6/3/2010 6:31:37 PM
Finereader OCR software would extract whatever you select in the document to
a Word document, It even comes with a screenshot reader applet that allows
you to copy anything you see on screen to a Word document (or a whole raft
of other places).

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool (windows 7)
> and then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it to read a screen
> shot using OCR.
> The long way round would be to print the bits I want from Adobe Reader,
> then scan back in and use OCR to get into word format.
> That is cumbersome.
> The camera is Panasonic Lumix  DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems to be a
> beauty.  I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss Contarex single lens
> reflex (too heavy now), a Nikon underwater (no longer use) and an Olympus
> compact (heavy for my pocket) so I can make comparisons.
> Thanks again.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to Word?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>>> The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not
>>> permit me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I
>>> want.
>>> My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and have
>>> a small compact note to go in the camera pouch.
>>> Thanks again.
>>>
>>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
Graham
6/4/2010 5:13:36 AM
Graham, I have now installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging and that
enables me to scan with OCR a document into Word; the draw back is that the
image has to be in TIFF format so again it is a bit cumbersome.
The copied document no longer had its format so I have to do that myself.

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Finereader OCR software would extract whatever you select in the document
> to a Word document, It even comes with a screenshot reader applet that
> allows you to copy anything you see on screen to a Word document (or a
> whole raft of other places).
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>> JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool (windows 7)
>> and then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it to read a
>> screen shot using OCR.
>> The long way round would be to print the bits I want from Adobe Reader,
>> then scan back in and use OCR to get into word format.
>> That is cumbersome.
>> The camera is Panasonic Lumix  DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems to be a
>> beauty.  I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss Contarex single lens
>> reflex (too heavy now), a Nikon underwater (no longer use) and an Olympus
>> compact (heavy for my pocket) so I can make comparisons.
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>>> What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to Word?
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message

0
Stewart

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CB03E1.15EEFD60

If you open the saved TIFF in something like the Free IrfanView, you can =
convert it to any graphics format. IrfanView supports over 100 graphic =
formats.

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  Graham, I have now installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging and =
that=20
  enables me to scan with OCR a document into Word; the draw back is =
that the=20

  "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message=20
  > Finereader OCR software would extract whatever you select in the =
document=20
  > to a Word document, It even comes with a screenshot reader applet =
that=20
  > allows you to copy anything you see on screen to a Word document (or =
a=20
  > whole raft of other places).
  >
  > --=20
  > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
  > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
  >
  > My web site www.gmayor.com
  > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
  > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
  >

  > "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message=20
  >> JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool =
(windows 7)=20
  >> and then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it to read a =

  >> screen shot using OCR.
  >> The long way round would be to print the bits I want from Adobe =
Reader,=20
  >> then scan back in and use OCR to get into word format.
  >> That is cumbersome.
  >> The camera is Panasonic Lumix  DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems =
to be a=20
  >> beauty.  I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss Contarex single =
lens=20
  >> reflex (too heavy now), a Nikon underwater (no longer use) and an =
Olympus=20
  >> compact (heavy for my pocket) so I can make comparisons.
  >> Thanks again.
  >>
  >> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message =

  >>> What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to Word?
  >>>
  >>> --=20
  >>> JoAnn Paules
  >>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
  >>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
  >>>

  >>> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message=20

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CB03E1.15EEFD60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">If you open the saved TIFF =
in something=20
like the Free IrfanView, you can convert it to any graphics format. =
IrfanView=20
supports over 100 graphic formats.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Stewart" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:anyone@supanet.com">anyone@supanet.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:9EED6E14-1C04-4D75-A926-FF930566E63A@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:9EED6E14-1C04-4D75-A926-FF930566E63A@microsoft.com">news:9EE=
D6E14-1C04-4D75-A926-FF930566E63A@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Graham,=20
  I have now installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging and that =
<BR>enables me=20
  to scan with OCR a document into Word; the draw back is that the =
<BR>image has=20
  to be in TIFF format so again it is a bit cumbersome.<BR>The copied =
document=20
  no longer had its format so I have to do that =
myself.<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Graham=20
  Mayor" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org">gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uIQwxS6ALHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:uIQwxS6ALHA.3880=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  Finereader OCR software would extract whatever you select in the =
document=20
  <BR>&gt; to a Word document, It even comes with a screenshot reader =
applet=20
  that <BR>&gt; allows you to copy anything you see on screen to a Word =
document=20
  (or a <BR>&gt; whole raft of other places).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- =
<BR>&gt;=20
  &lt;&gt;&gt;&lt; &gt;&lt;&lt;&gt; &gt;&lt;&lt;&gt; &lt;&gt;&gt;&lt;=20
  &gt;&lt;&lt;&gt; &lt;&gt;&gt;&lt; &lt;&gt;&gt;&lt;&lt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
Graham=20
  Mayor -&nbsp; Word MVP<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; My web site <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.gmayor.com">www.gmayor.com</A><BR>&gt; Word MVP web =
site <A=20
  href=3D"http://word.mvps.org">http://word.mvps.org</A><BR>&gt; =
&lt;&gt;&gt;&lt;=20
  &gt;&lt;&lt;&gt; &gt;&lt;&lt;&gt; &lt;&gt;&gt;&lt; &gt;&lt;&lt;&gt;=20
  &lt;&gt;&gt;&lt; =
&lt;&gt;&gt;&lt;&lt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  "Stewart" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:anyone@supanet.com">anyone@supanet.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:92FBB59B-723D-45E8-8EE7-65C97324E88D@microsoft.com">news:92F=
BB59B-723D-45E8-8EE7-65C97324E88D@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool (windows =
7)=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt; and then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it =
to read=20
  a <BR>&gt;&gt; screen shot using OCR.<BR>&gt;&gt; The long way round =
would be=20
  to print the bits I want from Adobe Reader, <BR>&gt;&gt; then scan =
back in and=20
  use OCR to get into word format.<BR>&gt;&gt; That is =
cumbersome.<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  The camera is Panasonic Lumix&nbsp; DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems =
to be a=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt; beauty.&nbsp; I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss =
Contarex=20
  single lens <BR>&gt;&gt; reflex (too heavy now), a Nikon underwater =
(no longer=20
  use) and an Olympus <BR>&gt;&gt; compact (heavy for my pocket) so I =
can make=20
  comparisons.<BR>&gt;&gt; Thanks again.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; "JoAnn =
Paules=20
  [MVP]" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com">jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com</=
A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:OxbyxpyALHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:OxbyxpyALHA.420@T=
K2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to=20
  Word?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; -- <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; JoAnn=20
  Paules<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; MVP Microsoft [Publisher]<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Tech =
Editor=20
  for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For=20
  =
Dummies"<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =

  "Stewart" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:anyone@supanet.com">anyone@supanet.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:8D58DE68-AFA9-4988-8DF9-701096E383FF@microsoft.com">news:8D5=
8DE68-AFA9-4988-8DF9-701096E383FF@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt=
;=20
  The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; permit me to copy however as you have suggested I =
can=20
  print the pages I <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; want.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; My =
idea of=20
  using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and =
<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  have a small compact note to go in the camera =
pouch.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  Thanks again.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; "Suzanne S. =
Barnhill"=20
  &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:sbarnhill@mvps.org">sbarnhill@mvps.org</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:#LrGxLnALHA.5536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:#LrGxLnALHA.5536=
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the entire manual as a booklet or copy =
selected text=20
  to a Word <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; document, have you considered just =
printing=20
  specific pages of the PDF <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; through Adobe=20
  Reader?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; --=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Suzanne S. Barnhill<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Microsoft=20
  MVP (Word)<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Words into =
Type<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  Fairhope, Alabama USA<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://word.mvps.org">http://word.mvps.org</A><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt=
;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  "Stewart" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:anyone@supanet.com">anyone@supanet.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:hu5r6d$nad$1@speranza.aioe.org">news:hu5r6d$nad$1@speranza.a=
ioe.org</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I=20
  have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104=20
  pages.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I wish to copy the pages I need in =
to a=20
  word document and then modify <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; and print =
what I=20
  want.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Is there any way I can use Word 2007 =
to do=20
  this?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I remember reading that Word has an =
OCR=20
  capability but do not know if <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; this would =
work=20
  from the Adobe Reader screen.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Thank=20
  =
you.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<=
BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CB03E1.15EEFD60--

0
Terry
6/4/2010 11:25:58 AM
That's why I suggested Finereader :(

Finereader is a fully functional OCR package which handles PDF directly,
whereas MODI isn't and doesn't

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
> Graham, I have now installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging and that
> enables me to scan with OCR a document into Word; the draw back is that
> the image has to be in TIFF format so again it is a bit cumbersome.
> The copied document no longer had its format so I have to do that myself.
>

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Finereader OCR software would extract whatever you select in the document
>> to a Word document, It even comes with a screenshot reader applet that
>> allows you to copy anything you see on screen to a Word document (or a
>> whole raft of other places).
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Stewart" <anyone@supanet.com> wrote in message
>>> JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool (windows 7)
>>> and then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it to read a
>>> screen shot using OCR.
>>> The long way round would be to print the bits I want from Adobe Reader,
>>> then scan back in and use OCR to get into word format.
>>> That is cumbersome.
>>> The camera is Panasonic Lumix  DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems to be
>>> a beauty.  I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss Contarex single lens
>>> reflex (too heavy now), a Nikon underwater (no longer use) and an
>>> Olympus compact (heavy for my pocket) so I can make comparisons.
>>> Thanks again.
>>>
>>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message

0
Graham

Adobe
Which editions of Adobe Acrobat will enable the emailing of PDFs? I know Adobe Acrobat Professional will (that's what we use), but my client wants to spend as little as possible. Both the Standard and Elements editions can create PDF documents. ------=_NextPart_0001_06E71395 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, The requirement for emailing reports as PDF files from Microsoft Dynamics is any Adobe Acrobat edition which has either Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter. Visit the following url for an Adobe product comparison - http://www.adobe.com/product...

In todays world pdf is an important format BUT adobe makes our lifes complicated...
Hey, I;m using PDFMaker 5.0 and i need to automate the conversion to pdf, I am currently printing to a pdf file, the problem is its asking me for a file name every time, how do i bypass this prompt ? from vba I would like to specify a name and save the file. Can someone please help ?? Regards, Alexandre use _ACCESS_ in order to make your reports; and then just view with snapshot viewer-- it is included with Office installation. Adobe is too stupid to make reliable products. Sorry. -Aaron aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote... >use _ACCESS_ in order to make your reports; and then just vie...

How to get rid of adobe
I have Outlook 2003 on WinXP. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6. Every time I want to create a new e-mail message, and annoying Attach as Adobe pdf icon appears on a toolbar that fills up a full extra line, thereby reducing my working screen area. Although I can make it go away through View | Toolbars | uncheck Adobe open the Attach as Adobe pdf toolbar, it comes back with the very next new message. I.e., getting rid of it doesn't get rid of it even during the time I have Outlook open. Is there some way to get rid of this unwanted, annoying-but-persistent feature? Thanks. -- Bob In news:ba...

Adobe Reader in Vista
When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me I need Adobe Reader 9 or above which I already have and I have installed all the updates. I do not have an earlier version on my computer either to uninstall. Don't know where else to post this message. Could anyone help please. Margaret "Margaret Upton" <margaretupton@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:4C4D2E8F-9E18-4F54-96E5-E1A93D452C97@microsoft.com... > When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me I need Adobe Reader > 9 or ...

Can only print ~3 pages from Excel to Adobe pdf #2
I've got a 30+ page Excel workbook, with 23 sheets that I want to print to a pdf. I select all those 23 sheets, then do File / Print / <select Adobe PDF> / OK. It almost immediately comes up with the "Save PDF File As" dialog. If I click save, it only saves three pages. If I keep clicking save (or cancel) it staggers through it, wiping out the previous pdf and re-creating it with only two or three pages at a time. This happens whether or not I've clicked Printer / Properties and de-selected "View Adobe PDF results" and/or "Prompt for Adobe PDF ...

Adobe flash player
I have updated and downloaded Adobe Flash player but cannot get it to run, no matter what I try. It was working a few weeks ago but suddenly won't play any movies. I am using Vista and Mozilla firefox. I have tried all the settings and finally got a box that said I need to set permission, allow all, but there is no instructions on how to get there, nor can I find any help in getting the program to work. Any help, comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank jerry.nh@verizon.net Why are you asking that question in a forum dedicated to the Windows = Mail...

Adobe.CS3.Master.Collection.MAC.OSX.UB 4DVD, Adobe.Premiere.Pro.CS3.MAC 1DVD, QuarkXPress.7.3.Passport.MAC 1CD,
Adobe.CS3.Master.Collection.MAC.OSX.UB 4DVD, Adobe.Premiere.Pro.CS3.MAC 1DVD, QuarkXPress.7.3.Passport.MAC 1CD, Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/August/17, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite,...

Barcode Reader for Pharma Company
Hi, I'm looking for a Barcode solution to be applied to a pharma wholesale distributor company. The barcode given by Supplier is different from the barcode they use. What they want is when they receive the shipment, they scan the barcode of supplier and should detect the Item code and also create a barcode for the item based on their price list. Moreover, they use lots for the batch numbers. Thanks Janakiram +973 39475299 Janakiram, It may need some customizations but its doable, I did such solution to one of our customers but not sure if could be used at your customer end. Drop me ...

Converting files to Adobe PDF, or Printing to Adobe PDF.
Access 2003, Adobe Professional 7.0.9 (most current updates, also reinstalled).When I try to convert certain reports to adobe pdf, I get an error message that simply says: Adobe PDF printer failed to create the PDF file. No way of diagnosing that one... when I Print to PDF, I get a notepad output file that states the below pasted text. I will try updating my access, but I can convert &/or print all my other reports to pdf, just not certian ones. I am wondering if I need to change settings on a certain field, but for the life of me, I cannot diagnose what is failing to PDF on this one r...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

how to re install Adobe Acrobat in Excel? The adobe Acrobat work.
How to re install Adobe Acrobat in Excel? I received the following message every time I try to use the Adobe: " The create Adobe PDF writer monitor cannot be found. The Adobe Acrobat works fine in the other programs. If you have adobe 6 go to tools detect & repair You must have all other programs closed Cheers peterm "Execl error" wrote: > How to re install Adobe Acrobat in Excel? I received the following message > every time I try to use the Adobe: " The create Adobe PDF writer monitor > cannot be found. The Adobe Acrobat works fine in the other ...

How can I insert an Adobe Photoshop image into Publisher 2003?
I have an image created in Photoshop that is saved with a transparent background. If I save it as a jpg or tiff, it automatically saves everything on a white background. I am trying to overlay this image onto a gradient color background and want that gradient to show thru behind my graphic. Is this possible? Gary <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have an image created in Photoshop that is saved with a transparent > background. If I save it as a jpg or tiff, it automatically saves > everything on a white background. I am trying to overlay...

Publisher and acrobat reader
I want to make a two page doc created in publisher accessable on the internet. People would be able to open the file and print it out. Seems like acrobat reader is the most common. I don't think it's an is, maybe a was perhaps. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP www.publishermvps.com "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cP-dnXRvaYvA2ajcRVn-pA@suscom.com... > Yes, it is a very common program. And your question > is......................? > > -- > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Yes, it is a very common program. And yo...

Re: Highest Version of Adobe Reader for Windows 98se
Hi 98 Guy, Thanks to you and everyone. FYI: The reason I mentioned, "remove "ine"...." incase someone decides to reply by email. I didn't want his/her email to "bounce". John On Sat, 08 May 2010 12:45:14 -0400, in microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion you wrote: >jaugustine@verizon.net wrote: > >> Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I >> can use on my Windows 98se computer? > >> PS, Remove "ine" from my email address > >Are you going t...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

Adobe add-in error
Has anyone recieved an error from publisher like this before. I was just opening publisher and this is what it said "Publisher experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'acrobat pdfmaker office com addin' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reactivated this add-in, click About Microsoft Office Publiser on the Help Menu, and then clic Disabled Items" It is a common error. You really don't need the Acrobat icon on your toolbar. This error doesn't affect the PDF printer. Try enabling the PDF maker, it maybe okay now. What are your ...

Adobe Acrobat 6.0
Hi, I currently am running Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as my e-mail editor. I previously had Office XP installed where I used Word 2002 as my email editor for Outlook 2002. Before upgrading to Office 2003, I had installed Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and had allowed it to integrate with Office (including a toolbar that appears now in Word, etc. that allows for turning the current document into an Adobe PDF). This is a useful feature, but unfortunately, there's a slight annoyance with it when it comes to using Word 2003 as my email editor for Outlook 2003. Initially, whenever I open a new email m...

adobe reader
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages. I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and print what I want. Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this? I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this would work from the Adobe Reader screen. Thank you. Did you try simply highlighlighting the text you want, copy and paste it into Word? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" ...

hyperlink to adobe Pdf file
I enter a hyperlingk to an Adobe Pdf file that is on my computer in a cell, but it does not open the file, it just gives a blink and nothing happens. I tried this link in Outlook and it worked, and I tried inserting hypelinks in excel to word and other programs and it worked fine, I only have a problem to link an Adobe pdf file in Excel. Maybe it's not excel. A few people complained that the Reader appeared and then disappeared. So make sure you have the latest version of the software: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=2713&fileID=2551 Jacob wrote: >...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

unable to remove Adobe PDF toolbar
In our office we are using Windows XP Professional SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP1. We also have Adobe Acrobat 7 professional in our offices. When we open Outlook (2002 version 11.8002.6360 SP1), the Adobe PDF takes up one entire row of 3 icons of the toolbar. We never use PDF conversion operation in Outlook. We can remove these icons in current session. We are unable to remove these Adobe PDF toolbar permanently. Everytime when we start up Outlook, this PDF toolbar takes up entire toolbar row. Please advise how to remove this toolbar permanently without removing the Acrobat program. Thank you. ...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

New * programming on C# For Barcode Scanners and Mag Slide Readers
Hi all ... I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but I hope there will be individuals who did it ... So here is my question ... I'm trying to write application on C# to capture data from Magnetic Slide Readers and Barcode scanner .... When it's a serial device you can get that information communicating through serial port., and there is no question about it, but if I use USB devices, the system gets information from it as if it was entered by keyboard ... I don't want to allow cashiers to enter this information manualy. So if i disable keyboard entr...

Adobe flashplayer
I don't appear to have any version of flashplayer loaded, I had a web page vid tell me that I needed to load V9 to view. Are their comments regarding the safety or problems caused to systems working ok with this. My O/S is win xp pro Sp2 Regards Roger "Roger" <Monkey@Zoo.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:eh8rxEHjKHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I don't appear to have any version of flashplayer loaded, I had a web page >vid tell me that I needed to load V9 to view. > Are their comments regarding the safety or problems caused to systems ...

Outlook 2003 RSS reader addon????
Hi! is there any RSS reader (subscriber) addon for Outlook 2003 available??? gicio I use Newsgator. Haven't tried others. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms gicio@gmx.de wrote: > Hi! > > is there any RSS reader (subscriber) addon for Outlook 2003 available??? > > > gicio > > Another vote for Newsgator. Excellent piece of software! -- Thomas Borchert, Tue, 25 May 2004 18:13 +0200 try IzyNews - newest kid around the block http://izynews.de http://izynews.com <gicio@gmx.de> wrote in message news:#yLLawmQEHA.3348@TK2MSF...