About Equation Tool

 To who are to be concerned,

I am Chew Chit Siang, a student from TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN COLLEGE from Malaysia.
I am the last year student and doing my final year Computer Science and
Statistic project right now. My fyp topic is EasyMath software that allow
users to enter the equation and the software will calculate the answer for
users and also included steps for getting answer. This sound interesting and
makes me want to complete this project but I facing one problem that
inserting mathematical equation like Equation Tool in MS Word 2007.
So the purpose of my email is wanna to ask about can anyone to help me in
inserting equation? or can I integrate the Equation Tool into my fyp software
to be developed?

Thanks first! Cheers...

Best Regards,
Chew Chit Siang
Student of TARC

Hello Chew

I remember the TAR who was your PM from when I live in Singapore back in the
sixties (which will give you a clue about my age).

IMHO, I don't believe that the new Equation Editor (EE) in Word 2007 is
ready for serious prime time use. So I recommend you use the legacy Equation
v3.0. You get to this from Insert | Object  and choose Microsoft Equation
3.0. (You can add a shortcut to the QAT).

Once you have selected the legacy EE, it is a matter of typing numbers and
selecting the type of equation in the required order. I suggest that you
experiment with it. EE 3.0 is actually a cut down version of MathType and
you can upgrade to the full version. There is a 30-day trial of MathType
that you can download to install and if you find that you don't want to
purchase it at the end of the month, it reverts to reduced functionality but
it will still maintain more functionality than the native version in Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"cchitsiang" <cchitsiang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To who are to be concerned,
>
> I am Chew Chit Siang, a student from TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN COLLEGE from
> Malaysia.
> I am the last year student and doing my final year Computer Science and
> Statistic project right now. My fyp topic is EasyMath software that allow
> users to enter the equation and the software will calculate the answer for
> users and also included steps for getting answer. This sound interesting
> and
> makes me want to complete this project but I facing one problem that
> inserting mathematical equation like Equation Tool in MS Word 2007.
> So the purpose of my email is wanna to ask about can anyone to help me in
> inserting equation? or can I integrate the Equation Tool into my fyp
> software
> to be developed?
>
> Thanks first! Cheers...
>
> Best Regards,
> Chew Chit Siang
> Student of TARC

0
Terry

Copy to Outlook Business Tools
I have Outlook 2003. I installed its Business Tools. How do I copy the standard Contacts in Outlook to my Business Contacts? I want to copy them all then just delete what I don't need. Thanks, Mike Just do it -- copy the contacts into the Business Contacts folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Mike Klick" <mike@grayce.net> wrote in message news:OiAu2hVsEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2003....

equation editor
I just installed Office mac 2004 student teacher edition on my brand new MacBook. I can't seem to use equation editor. Since I am a math teacher, that sucks - to say the least! Error message says somethng like - make sure it has been installed, or maybe it has been renamed etc. All I did was install. Short of using my 2nd product key to fix the problem what can I check. Find brings up no info on equation editor. I don't think Eq Ed is automatically installed with a standard installation of Office 2004 - it needs to be included in a custom install or added later. You can install it no...

2 variables in 2 quadratic equations in excel
Dear ms excel user/programmers: I hope this question is not repeated before. But anyway highly appreciate anyone can tell me how (or hint) to use ms excell and/or visual c/c++, basic, or octave(emulate matlab) to solve: (12-x)^2 + y^2 =15^2, (16+y)^2+x^2=25^2 (by programming or using its built in function)? that ^2 mean square. looking to any excel user, mathmatician, and/or programmer's help, eric, fsshl@yahoo.com Hi Eric The brute force way (requiring the least mathematical analysis) is to calculate the left hand side as functions of two reasonable first guess x and y inputs...

MS Word equation editor won't open when double-clicking on an equation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a document (.docx) using the Office 2008 version of MS Word some time ago (2 months or so). Recently I wanted to correct an equation in that document and re-opened the document (on the same system and with the &quot;same&quot; copy of Word) and attempted to double-click the equation to edit it. Instead of the equation editor I get the &quot;Format Picture&quot; dialog box. In the interim I did install an update (I tend to try to stay up to date) and am at 12.2.4 (100205). <br><...

Linear trendline:wrong equation
Hi, I created a bar chart in Excel from the following data: X Y 73 6.6 78 5.7 86 4.8 The SLOPE and the INTERCEPT functions returned -0.136 and 16.4448 respectively. The resulting equation is Y = -0.136X + 16.448 which seems good enough to me. Then I added a linear trendline to the chart. Excel displayed the following equation: Y = -0.9X + 7.5, R ^2 =1 which is way off (and it's not a rounding problem)!!! The data seemed farly linear to me, how come Excel can't come up with the right equation??? Thanks Jan M. Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart. When you...

Trendline equation not giving correct results
I was trying to form a trendline with following data : Y X 1.128 -20 1.128 -15 1.128 -10 1.128 -6 1.111 -5 1.084 0 1.056 5 1.0276 10 1 15 0.971 20 0.944 25 0.9144 30 0.884 35 0.8524 40 0.82 45 0.788 50 After plotting the chart, I added trendline (Polynominal with order 6) alongwith its equation which read as below : y = 6E-07x6 - 3E-05x5 + 0.0006x4 - 0.0057x3 + 0.0215x2 - 0.0318x + 1.1429 and R2 = 0.9998 The trendline in the chart neatly fitted over the curve. However, when I used above equation and fed in same values of X as shown above the computed results are entirley different fro...

multiple lines tool tip
Hello group, Can someone please tell me how can I display multiple lines in a tool tip? When I try to display the string "Line one\r\nLine two", the \r and \n are not interpreted as escape characters and are replaced with two squares. Thank you, Geo Take a look at the CToolTipCtrl::SetMaxTipWidth() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Geo" <ckarakiro@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:055d01c3721f$0ef0a370$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello group, > > Can someone please tell me how can I display mult...

Excel equations
I posted this before, but for some reason, it never showed up. I want to be able to take a list of months in a spreadsheet and add these months to an equation without having to type it out every time. Let me explain: I have a column of text ranging from January to Dec. I also have worksheets titled from Jan to Dec. I need to reference various cells in each of the spreadsheets in a summary spreadsheet, but each reference cell is the same for each month, i.e. always January!$A$1, February!$A$!, etc. Is there a way I can write an equation that will allow be to copy the months in the summar...

Can I change the Excel Queries Developed From Reporting Tools
I have created the Excel iqy queries from the third party reporting tools and during the process there is an option either to pass the User Login id and Pass word as a parameter or not. We have developed some queries using generic id so that the users do not have to pass the Login id and password and now we want to change that. Is there a way to modify that excelquery.iqy file without redoing that. can i see the sql script of that "iqy" file. can i modify that? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!! .. ...

Set minimum values for equation results
Hi all, I've been searching the queries here and can't find an answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned as 0 but positive values should remain true. THis needs to be within the original equation as opposed to a separate equation doing a find and replace. Appreciate any answers (preferably by e-mail!). Jim. Try using IF(), for example: Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1) which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value with zero & positive values remaining true Hope the above helps. M...

Visual Studio Tools with 9.0
I'm trying to place a new menu on the Transactions | Sales | Collections Main window using Visual Studio Tools. I can see all kinds of miscellaneous forms in the intellisense. e.g. static SopEntryForm SOPEntryForm = Dynamics.Forms.SopEntry; static RmCustomerMaintenanceForm custMaint = Dynamics.Forms.RmCustomerMaintenance; But for the life of my I can't find the Collections Main or Collections Task form. Does anyone know the name of this form or even what module it is considered part of. e.g. RM or CM. -Randy Randy, You cannot find the collections window in the Dynamics...

Equation Editor- problem when editing an equation
I use Equation Editor a great deal, and I constantly have the same problem. If I create an equation, and later go back to edit it, the font and spacing of the equation change. I try to resize the equation by enlarging or decreasing the size of the window, but all that I accomplish is either "bunching up" or "stretching" my equation. How do I get it back to what it looked like originally? ...

Outlook 2007 Pst repaire tool
Hi. I have started to use Office 2007. And I wounder where I can find Scanpst.exe file. Have looked into my computer, but can not find it. Thank you in advance. Dag N I think it's in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 directory "Dag N" <dag.naestvold@intertanko.com> wrote in message news:ONh7CIcGKHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi. > I have started to use Office 2007. And I wounder where I can find > Scanpst.exe file. > Have looked into my computer, but can not find it. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm -- Diane P...

I am wondering if someone could help me solve this equation
A car wash makes $4000 profit on sunny days and loses $4000 on non-sunny days. Assuming independence, if it is sunny 75% of the days, (and, therefore NOT sunny 25% of the days) what is the expected (daily) profit (or loss) for the car wash? (MEAN = EXPECTED VALUE) Let me know via email or can you please forward me to someone who can help me with this formula? Thank you. "Miles" wrote: > A car wash makes $4000 profit on sunny days and loses $4000 on > non-sunny days. Assuming independence, if it is sunny 75% of the > days, (and, therefore NOT sunny 25% of the days) what...

Tool bar colours
Is the number of colours used in a CToolBar limited to 16? [I seem to have discovered that it is but can't find any reference to it in the documentation.] If so, is there any convenient way around this in an MDI app with floatable/dockable MFC tool bars? Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mzusers/mailinglist.htm http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/07/c/ "David Webber" <dave@musical.demon.co.uk> schreef in bericht news:ei%23na7kvGHA.5088@TK2MSFTN...

Editing equation in rtf doc: "Word equation too large to convert"
I have an academic paper that I have written and need to share with my co-authors who use MS Word. I converted it from latex to rtf format. I can open the document in word 2007 and edit it, however, whenever I try to edit an equation I get a dialogue box with the error message “Word equation too large to convert". The contents of the equation get erased and I have close the equation editor and press Crtl-z to get the contents of the equation back. The problem occurs even with very simple equations, such as the fraction 1/2. I have searched the web and others seem to ha...

Install Equation Editor on Toolbar
Hello, I am having difficulty installing equation editor on my toolbar in Word. I can see it if I click on Insert and then Object and then go to equation editor, but how do I get it as an icon on my toolbar? Thank you. Not really a 64 bit OS related question, I would suggest reposting to one of the Word groups. -- -- "Laura C" <LauraC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61D34976-78A0-40A7-84C2-D0529432D107@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am having difficulty installing equation editor on my toolbar in Word. > I > can...

Professional Services Tools purchased by customers should be list.
When I log in to Parter Source and go to Voice, I can easily see the registered modules, expiration date, type of enhancement plan, etc. for all of our customers. It would be very helpful, if I could also see what Professional Services Tools a customer has purchased for their Great Plains or Solomon software. Right now, the only way (I know of) to get access to that information is to send an email to Kristi Leach (kleach@microsoft.com). Having that information available in Voice, under the customers record, would be most helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micros...

Publisher 2007, should have the tool bar like Word 2007
I think Microsoft Publisher 2007 should have the toolbar like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint 2007, not the menus. I like the toolbar, it is more user friendly. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defa...

Deployment tool cannot publish customization
I've re-installed my CRM using existing databases on a website I created with port number 4000 (As prep for deploying CRM Mobile). Everything works fine except the deployment tool cannot publish customizations. I select the module to publish, try to add a CRM server to publish from and the deployment tool puts up a dialogue saying 'Looking for a CRM Server...' and then waits for ever. I've also noticed that the Workflow Manager and Monitor only find the server if I tell it to use the servername:portnumber rather than just the servername. I've probably broken some in...

Possible Tool For.....
Is there a product that can scan individual mailbox e-mails (in and out) without the owner of the mailbox knowing about it. Looking for something that could be turned on or off on a sporadic basis for specific users. Thanks in advance For viruses? Otherwise you can turn on journaling for a specific store if its for messages - users won't know about this. Then you can open the journal mailbox and search it with Outlook. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, p...

Letters in Equations
I'm trying to use Word 2007's built-in equation functionality, but often times when I try to type a letter in an equation (e.g. y=2x), the letters (so the y and the x) just show up as boxes. The only way it seems I can get it working is to copy and paste from a previous equation that worked with letters, clear out the irrelevant equation and type in the new one. However, I feel there MUST be a better way of doing this. Any help would be appreciated. The 'old' equation editor is included with Office 2007 and works just as before. It is not installed by default so...

how to use today's date in a equation to caculate somebody's birth
If DOB is in A1, then =Today()-A1 should return the number of days. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Guyster" <Guyster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C36C64E-5777-4802-BB79-CEE3265DF320@microsoft.com... > ...

Debugging Tools for Windows
Hi, I came across an article talking about "Debugging Tools for Windows - WinDbg". Is it free and better than the debugger built in VS .Net 2005? I wonder why not many people talk about it if it's good. Your opinion is appreciated. Thanks. Tony On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:18:54 -0800, JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I came across an article talking about "Debugging Tools for Windows - >WinDbg". Is it free and better than the debugger built in VS .Net 2005? > I wonder why not many people talk about it if it's good. Your opinio...

Excel development tools?
Hi, I want to develop some tools at work for Excel using Visual Basic. The goal is to make an exe file which will prompt the user for data input files and create spreadsheets. What tools do I need? Do I need to install Visual Studio Express and develop the VB code? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Why not just use the built-in tools in Excel? You could have a 'template' workbook with the functions built right into it through VBA and UserForms. Or create .xla files (Excel Add-Ins) to add functionality to Excel on user's systems. Or you can go with th...