[Word 2010] Don't replace "quotes" by << angular brackets >>

Hello,

How and where can we tell Word 2010 don't replace "double quotes" by <<
angular brackets >> ?
Thanks

Robert

0
Robert

There are two issues here. The first is the autoformat as you type setting
(I don't have Word 2010 to hand but it is probably Word Options > Proofing .
Autocorrect Options > Autoformat as you type) which will convert straight
quotes to smart quotes.

The second concerns the type of smart quote which is determined by the
formatting language at the cursor, so if for example the language at the
cursor is French, you will get the � (ASC 0171) and � (ASC 0187) quotes -
wheras in English you would get " (ASC 0147) and " (ASC 0148).

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How and where can we tell Word 2010 don't replace "double quotes" by <<
> angular brackets >> ?
> Thanks
>
> Robert

0
Graham
5/30/2010 9:11:07 AM
That doesn't work for Word 2010.
Do you have an idea to do this in Word 2010,
Thanks

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> a �crit dans le message de news:
eH%23EJg9$KHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> There are two issues here. The first is the autoformat as you type setting
> (I don't have Word 2010 to hand but it is probably Word Options > Proofing
> . Autocorrect Options > Autoformat as you type) which will convert
> straight quotes to smart quotes.
>
> The second concerns the type of smart quote which is determined by the
> formatting language at the cursor, so if for example the language at the
> cursor is French, you will get the � (ASC 0171) and � (ASC 0187) quotes -
> wheras in English you would get " (ASC 0147) and " (ASC 0148).
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> How and where can we tell Word 2010 don't replace "double quotes" by <<
>> angular brackets >> ?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Robert

0
Robert
6/3/2010 1:06:03 PM
I found it !
Thanks, that works!

"Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> a �crit dans le message de news:
uk%23TH2xALHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> That doesn't work for Word 2010.
> Do you have an idea to do this in Word 2010,
> Thanks
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> a �crit dans le message de
> news: eH%23EJg9$KHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> There are two issues here. The first is the autoformat as you type
>> setting (I don't have Word 2010 to hand but it is probably Word Options >
>> Proofing . Autocorrect Options > Autoformat as you type) which will
>> convert straight quotes to smart quotes.
>>
>> The second concerns the type of smart quote which is determined by the
>> formatting language at the cursor, so if for example the language at the
>> cursor is French, you will get the � (ASC 0171) and � (ASC 0187) quotes -
>> wheras in English you would get " (ASC 0147) and " (ASC 0148).
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> How and where can we tell Word 2010 don't replace "double quotes" by <<
>>> angular brackets >> ?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Robert

0
Robert

VBA Quotes using IIF
In CODE 1 below, I have a working SELECT statement that is the RowSource for a combo box named cbotrackID. I'm trying to write it out in VBA, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the quotes. I didn't put my failed code in CODE 2 because I didn't want to confuse anyone. Can someone help me convert the SQL in CODE 1 into a VBA statement that I can use in VBA to set the RowSource with a code version of the sql? CODE 1 ********** SELECT t.trackID, t.trackNum, [trackNum] & ") " & [trackSong] & IIf(IsNull([trackTime]),""," (" & [...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

find Words between quotes
Hi, I need to find all the words between quotes in an .rtf file and mov them to an excel -sheet. Is there an easier way than by just searching for the first quote an then checking each next character? Does anybody have an idea? Thanks, spoef -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FIND() has an optional 3rd argument to specify the number of of the occurance, so you can potentially determine the character position of the first and second quote. MID() pulls out a substring, so you could potentially extract the string between quotes. Given that substring, you could identify ...

single quotes issue
Hi, I am passing comma separated values to a stored proc within which that value is used something like this. select col1, col2 from tablename where col3 in (select * from FnStringSplitter(@strParam, ',')) it works fine as long as one of the string has a single quotes in it. I tried like select col1, col2 from tablename where col3 in (select * from FnStringSplitter(Replace(@strParam,'''',''), ',')) still the data doesn't show up. Any idea what i need to change in the query. Regards Pradeep The problem is in your function...

XMLTextWriter (VB.NET) problem with quotes and brackets
I am writing an XML file using XMLTextWriter and running into a problem with the following code xtm.WriteAttributeString("subject", fullsubject.Trim) fullsubject here is a string like "a quick 'brown' fox jumped < over the "cow" who was sleeping" The xml file output replaces the " and < etc with stuff like &quot; &lt . Problem is this file is then read into tnaother program which doesnt substitute the &quot; &lt with the actual characters they represent. Is there a way to get past this? Fix the bug in the other progra...

11 months and one version later: quotes still FUBAR
My XP Pro laptop (not my prime machine) has had M04 installed for three or four days. It got quotes the first day without further ado over the net/through the firewall. This afternoon, the desktop XP Pro M03 machine, through the firewall, goes off to never-never land "Updating Securities." (If the past is any indication, it will come back to life in about an hour or two, even if I press Cancel right now.) The M04 laptop, however, promptly comes back and says "Money was unable to complete the operation. There is a problem with your Money installation. Please reinstall Money fro...

Getting quotes to convert automatically to the French Chevron
Hi I'm always using the french Chevron which looks like this << to open a quote and >> to close a quote. I need to get this to come automatically instead of going to Insert, Symbol. I would love to be able to type the normal quotes and get the french ones. Anyone can help figure out this problem it would be awesome. Thanks Suzanne This method would allow you to still us quotes, while getting the French Chevron with only minimum effort: From the Excel main menu: <tools><autocorrect options> Replace: ~~ ........(that's 2 tildes...located in the upp...

Quotes
How do you delete quotes from Point of Sale? hi, as quote is the document which is not have any relation with your inventory, sales it is just a template document to present to customer and will valid till the time of expir you mentioned in configuration section. you can't delete it but you can cancel the quote transaction by recalling it and then press the escap key. Akber "kennyharrill" wrote: > How do you delete quotes from Point of Sale? Kenny - We delete quotes all the time as the Ex date set in SO config really does not remove 'old' quotes. To delet...

removing old quotes
how can I remove old quotes that were not been removed after there experation date? You can use this query - ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF DATABASE. In this query you can change the DayBefore = 30 to the number you want like 60 or 90. Declare @DayBefore Int Set @DayBefore = 30 Begin Transaction Update [OrderEntry] Set QuantityOnOrder = 0 Where OrderID In (Select ID From [Order] Where Type = 3 And Closed = 0 And Datediff(Day,[Time],Getdate()) > @DayBefore) Update [Order] Set Closed = 1 Where ID In (Select ID From [Order] Where Type = 3 And Closed = 0 And Datediff(Day,[Time],Getdate()) &...

Bad extra quotes in generated href

Quotes Server
I have not been able to update stock prices for some time. When I check the log I consistently get a message stating, unable to connect with quotes server. I have dial-up AOL. Is there anything I can do? In microsoft.public.money, jerry wrote: >I have not been able to update stock prices for some >time. When I check the log I consistently get a message >stating, unable to connect with quotes server. I have >dial-up AOL. Is there anything I can do? Does it work from you wife's machine? What version of Money? Please note that I am not the same Jerry who posted a ...

HELP: Need To Print Better Quotes
I am having a terrible time being able to print a good looking quote from MS CRM. it either prints the plain quote (Address, amount..etc) or i can print the product list (With no address, or nothing).. is there anyway to print a normal quote as others do where you can have the company informaiton and also all of the products that they are buying listed there? one would think that is the most basic feature that is not there.. don't you guys think? ANY help you can provide will be appreciated.. Thanks Quoteless In DC :-) Add a customized quote via Reports using Crystal. >-----Origin...

Money 2004 will not update stock quotes after initial update
The first time I loaded Money 2004 and updated stock quotes it worked. Since then, it provides a checkmark in the Call Summary Mesages next to the message "Your call was successful" in the Category "Quotes, New, and Exchange Rates". However, I see the time of the download is the time when I ran the first update, not the most recent. Money support has not yet fixed the problem. Has anyone else had the problem? More importantly, does anyone have the fix? I deleted the program and reinstalled. Once again, it did it the first time but then the same issue occurs...

Quotes to orders
We are on GP 9 and have a highly customized Sales Order module. The problem we have is that when a user enters a quote and then rolls to an order some of the items do not transfer and have to be reentered. Is it possible in GP to simply change the type from a quote to an order rather than having to go through the process of rolling a quote to an order? The idea is that all orders would then start as a quote and if that quote then needs to become an order the type is then changed to an order type. I'm sure that's over simplifying the process but wanted pursue that po...

workflow rule works on NEW quotes, but fails on REVISED quotes
We have a workflow rule (triggered on CREATE) that monitors a specific field, then updates other fields on that Quote, before it activates the Quote and routes the Quote for approval. This rule works fine and as expected. However, when a Quote is REVISED, this same workflow rule will go into the PAUSE state apparently because it cannot update the fields it is designed to update. The workflow rule system seems to interpret a REVISE as the creation of a new Quote because the workflow rule is triggered. Yet somehow it cannot update (custom) fields and it hangs, even though the Quote is...

Stock Quotes (FAQ?)
Interested in pulling in end-of-day stock qoutes for 15 - 20 stocks. I used to use the MSN Money Central add in, but it is apparently is no longer available. I'd like to be able to code it myself, (or at least be able to browse the source) but I need to get pointed in the right direction. Maybe in a FAQ list somewhere? Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions, JA If you Google "yahoo stock data excel" you will find lots of links to do what you want. A few years back I modified a Yahoo USA file to download stock data (20 min delay) from the Yahoo Australian site ...

Delete orders/quotes
Sometimes when I try to delete an order or a quote I´ve got the errormessage that I can´t perform the action because the Order/Quote is wrinting protected. Does anyone know how to delete it then...? I am a systemadministrator and it is VRM 4.0 Hi Martin If a Quote has been activated, or an Order fulfilled they then become read only and can only be closed or cancelled respectively, but not deleted. The only Quote and Order records that you can delete are a draft quote or an active order. Regards Dan "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

how to tell if online quotes server is up?
I have been trying to update stock prices online all day, and it keeps saying it's unable to connect to online quotes server, and suggests I check my internet connection. There is obviously no problem with the internet connection. How do I check if the server is really up or down? ...

Problem with Excel and Stock Quotes add-in
I use the msnsq addin for Excel and have for a long while. Recently, after updating stock quotes, and only on one computer, I get a crash in IE. It crashes after I close the disclaimer web page window after the update is complete. It doesn't affect the update, but it is irritating to get this same error every time Module shdocvw.dll. I note that when I get the error in iexplore.exe, it identifies an AppVer of 6.0.2900.2180. The ModVer of the shdocvw.dll is identified as 6.0.2900.2753 (at offset 000159a1). I've already uninstalled, reinstalled, updated , sliced, diced and pu...

Pasting text with double quotes
I'm trying to paste text that contains double quotes into Excel. Example: "Bob Anderson" 36475tmmn8766 Excel is stripping out the double-quotes upon pasting. I've look everywhere for an option or setting to override this but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks - Bob A. Some additional info...the stripping only occurs when a double-quote is the first character in the string. If there is more than one quote it will strip out the first two it encounters. On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:30:00 -0800, Bob Anderson <banderson1962@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

SQL Quotes help
Hello, I'm trying to write the WHERE part of a multi-part SQL statement IN VBA and the quotes within the DMin function are driving me mad! I have spent hours to no avail! I have searched this discussion group and cannot find a single example of a Domain Aggregate function within a VBA string SQL statement. The following is from the Query design SQL view which is what I want, but formatted as a string variable in VBA. (I added the stSQLw1= and opening/closing quotes.) stSQLw1 = "WHERE (((ClientAssignment.CASequence)=DMin("[CASequence]","ClientA...

Add or delete symbols Stock Quotes
I am trying to use MSN MoneyCentral to pull stock quotes into Excel 2003. However, if I want to add or delete a stock from the portfolio I am watching (after buying or selling), I have to begin all over again with a new monitor page. MSN Money Central will not permit me to simply insert a new position at the bottom of the current list. Since I then carry the stock quotes to a second page in the folder (to calculate the value of the gain or loss in the account), the symbols no longer correspond with the right cells on the first page. Any ideas? ...

Copy & Paste issues with "Quotes"
Hello All - I'm having an issue when I copy data from my POS software and then paste it into Excel. I believe the issue revolves around the use of " in certain fields. For example, one of the lines that I'm having problems with looks like this when I copy it to Notepad: "AVN12223" "Pipe Extension - 3"" 336.40" "Accessory" "9" "Each" When I copy the same data on the clipboard to Excel it comes out like this AVN12223 Pipe Extension - 3"336.40Accessory 9 Each As yo...

Auto-close Quotes when Closing Opportunity
We would like the ability to close an opportunity and have it ask if you want to close all the associated quotes. Right now, it says you can’t close the opp until you close all the open quotes and you have to each one of those one by one. Barring that, if we could select multiple quotes and click on a menu item (Close all selected quotes), that would be most useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Money (Not) Downloading Quotes
Deluxe 2004 has been taking longer and longer to (fail to) download all quotes (Portfolio/Update prices/Update prices online). OK, this is a problem that off and on plagues MSN MoneyCentral. Maybe it'll get fixed soon, maybe not. But if I use the Tools/Internet Updates/Update Now method, and make sure that the box for "Download quotes, news, and exchange rates" is ticked when I Connect, it updates quotes as snappily as ever. What's up with THAT? ...