you do not have credentials that allow you to open this document

When i open a existing .doc document.It shows message "like you do not have
credentials that allow you to open this document.Do You want to open it using
a different set of credentials? " i can't able to open any .doc document

excel wont open file
I have just instaled excel , and when i try to open a file it opens i Internet explorer , how can i fix this , what did i do wron -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Most likely fix for this problem is from within Excel: Tools > Options > General Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" OK Close Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel in the Registry using the following routine. Close Excel On the Windows Taskbar Start > Run Type the following exactly including the space between exe and / excel.exe /regserver OK....

Opening Outlook 2000 Error message URGENT!!!! HELP!!!
The outlook 2000, we've here, after being reinstalled, doesn't start, it keeps giving back this error message: error in the module outllib.dll 0167:3a61f688 Please help, Most grateful Cristina Hi cristina, Maybe this fix it 1.. Quit all programs. 2.. On the Windows Taskbar, click Start, point to Find and click Files or folders. 3.. In the Named box, type extend.dat. 4.. In the Look in list, click to select your hard drive. 5.. Click to select Include subfolders and click Find Now. 6.. In the Name list, right-click the file Extend.dat, and on the context-sensitive menu,...

Ran Design Checker now can't open document
Hello, I work for a county extension office in 4-H and produce a monthly newsletter that is usually large size 4-5 M. I run XP and I have at least 1032 RAM, more I think. While running the Design Check I kept getting a Windows low memory warning. (I didn't have anything else running). So I saved it and rebooted. Now I can't open it. The program starts, but I get a box saying Publisher can't open. My colleagues who have Publisher can not open it either when I email it to them. What happened? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.c...

Powerpoint 2003 hangs when trying to open or save a file
100% failure rate, uninstalled and reinstalled office 2003, installed all security updates (each time checking between SP's to see if they had solved the issue), reimaged entire hard drive, also purchased a new HD (just in case that was the issue)...still nothing...office tools that help you to recover a program just have it crash and an error pops up that I send to Microsoft.... have sent error to Microsoft 30+ times to hopefully get a resolution.....I have tons of presentations due in the morning and this has been going on since yesterday....all other office products work j...

comparing numerically two documents
Hi all, I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the text in the two docs is different. Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like "The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of document A" Is anythig like this available? thanks ...

Exchange 2007 OWA Documents config
Hi, Have transistioned from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and mail appears to be flowing freely. I wish to exploit some of the new functionality in OWA for my users (school). I notice that it is now possible to add a shortcut to network shares directly in OWA. I have several shares I would like to be mapped automatically and included in the documents folder. Two are fixed and the third would depend on %username% Is there any way of automating this or do I have to explain this to my 1700 users some of which are bound to have problems! My second question relates to unified messaging a...

Problem opening serialized file via Open command associated with file type
I have an SDI MFC application that produces a serialized project file via CObject's serialization support. The application can read the file from within the application just fine. The installer registers the program and the file extension properly and associates the file type with the application. However, when I double click on the project file, the application generates an "Unexpected File Format" message. Is there a method in the document class that needs to added to handle this functionality? I want to try and debug the problem but not sure how to invoke the debugg...

Prevent Access To already open file
Hi, I am new to excell and this forum. Is there a way of preventing someone else opening an excel spreadsheet whilst it is being edited by someonelse even read only. Regards Dave:confused: -- ashtod1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ashtod1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30168 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498523 ...

how to always open a word doc at 100%
MS Word 2003 opens up at 88% sometimes 64%, how do you set word so your new documents open up at 100% everytime? See the AutoNew and AutoOpen macros at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. MMN wrote: > MS Word 2003 opens up at 88% sometimes 64%, how do you set word so > your new documents open up at 100% everytime? ...

Exclude paid transactions in Open Status from statements in RM
It would be helpful to be able to run statements in the middle of a period that only showed unpaid sales/invoice transactions. Therefore I would like to see this added as an option under Statments - Print for: Exclude Fully Applied Payments and Fully Paid Sales/Invoice Transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...

OL2002 won't open when clicking on web links
I have WinXP home ed., Office XP small bus. ed., with outlook 2002. It was working fine but now when I click on a link on a web page I get a message saying "cannot open microsoft outlook. can't create item." I tried reinstalling officeXP and also went into file associations and made sure the URLmailto was associated with outlook. In IE 6.0 it does show outlook as being the default mail client. Email me if you can help! Thanks! ...

Cannot get into Word Documents
When I click on Mocrosoft Word, I get a blank page. If I click anywhere on that page I get a toolbar at the top of the page stating that it is 'not responding'. The only way that I can get out of that page is Control, Alt, Delete. Then I get the 'Send Error report'. Sometimes but not always if I reboot it works for one document but usually not more than one. But on that one document that does open up, I cannot print because the program does not recognize my printer. I am gettiing very frustrated by this. Hi Pencilpusher57, Have you tried repairing your Wo...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

How to render modified XML DOM to HTML document when using CHtmlVi
Hi, I used CHtmlView component for my app. I navigated to an XML file and then retrieved the XML DOM using IDispatchEx (ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebteam/html/webteam05072001.asp Straight XML). The XML DOM was appended with a new element but the change doesn't reflect in the view. How do I update the HTML Document without re-loading the file (as changes are made in the DOM and not the file). ...

how to open project from MSVS 2005 in MSVC ++ 6.0
Is any program or something which (convert) makes possible open project which was writting in MS Visual Studio 2005 in MS VC++ 6.0 ?? When I try open project in VC++ 6.0 I got error: INK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc80d.lib" because the project was writting in MS visual Studio 2005. There are many warnings too. Is any way to get rid of this problems ? Create a dummy project of the same name in VS6, but in a different subdirectory. Then delete all the .cpp and .h and .rc and the entire contents of the .res directory. Then add the files back in from your current VS...

Allow Word type formatting in Excel text boxes
Suggestion ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b19c57c-86dc-4019-88ed-5063c6cd518c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc ...

Can you get Excel to start with no automatic new document?
Hi! I can add a "/n" switch to the target in my Word 2000 shortcut to get Word to start without automatically creating a new document. But the same thing doesn't work in Excel. Is there a different switch for Excel, or some other way to get Excel to start without having it automatically create a new document? Thanks, Lori Check XL help for 'Customize how Excel starts' specifically the 'Use startup switches when you start Excel' section. I believe you are looking for the very first start up option 'Prevent display of the Excel startup screen and a new bla...

Autonew creates a new document from template and a new blank docum
I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a template, but it's also creating a new blank document. This is not happening for other users running the same autonew macro. Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the solution is? Thank you! Post the autonew macro code. Word version? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

Office X apps open VERY slowly, but run fine.
I am an Office v.X (10.1.6) for Mac (12" G4 laptop; OS X; 10.3.9) user (posting for first time). I experienced recent application crash (Entourage and other apps open at the time) after which I experienced new onset problem of all Office apps opening VERY slowly (e.g, 3-5 minutes during which spinning color wheel appears and can hear hard drive being accessed at an intermittent regular rate; ~ 1 Hz). Once open, all apps run without difficulty or speed decrement. With Entourage, the delay occurs after splash screen opens; with all others, the delay is after file opens on screen (but the...

How do I save the same document in 2 different files
I save my budget document during each use. In Excel 2003 I was able to save it once a week to a 2nd 'safety' file as well. Now with 2007 there is no 'save as' (at least not that I can find) so am not able to save a 2nd copy for safety. It's a very different program and I realize I have to get use to the changes. Can anyone help? hi click the office button. the save as command is on the drop down. also check this site out. it might help in the future. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101491511033.aspx also ron has a good one. http://www.rondebruin.nl...

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

Grant Management Note function should allow importing a document
Currently the note function in Grants Management only allow the user to type a note. The ability to import a document or cut & paste from a document would be helpful to attach supporting documents. Also the ability to be able to attache more than on note would allow for a centralized location for documents such as Grant Applications and Award Letters. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer Bellefairejcb.org ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agr...

Changed Template; Apply to 'Child' Documents?
So I've created a template with about 12 or so Layouts, all of which are used in my presentation. I'd like to change ONE of the elements on ONE of the Layouts in the template (changing a company logo), and apply that change to the documents using that template and Layout. Without having to do lots of retyping! Thanks rjb Hi Just change the one layout.... But there's more to the question than that isn't there? Are you having problems with it? If it's that you cannot select the element you wish to change, then you'll need to right click the ba...

Can an OL folder's Home Page be a non-htm, editable document?
If I right-click on an OL folder and go to Properties/Home Page, can I somehow get a document (.doc, .txt, .wri, .rtf, whatever) to show up in that folder that I can then edit as a normal document? I know I can get an .htm page to appear in there, but I can't edit it. I pointed the browse function to a word .doc and got something with all the formatting characters showing up, but I couldn't edit while in the OL Note. Notes is a pretty meagre environment in which to write anything more than a short, well, note. So I'm hoping there's some way I can use something more po...

Allow user to delete only records created by them
Good Morning! What would be the best way to allow a user to only delete records that were created by them? Better yet....is there a way to prevent users from deleting tasks and email that were created by workflow? I thought about stopping the deletion service, periodically run a query against the activity pointer base to check state code and iscreatedbyworkflow..change the record state code, then start the deletion service allowing it to run during the night to clean up other deleted records, then stop it again. Is there a better way to do this? I don't really want to update th...