Word Document 01-14-10

I have two Word documents saved.  Everytime I access one of these documents
to make a change, the cursor just freezes as soon as I hit any key.  I have
to hit Ctnl, Alt, Del to exit the document because the entire page is locked
up.  What causes this and how do I get by this freezing?  Thanks.
--
tramonte50

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

tramonte50 wrote:
> I have two Word documents saved.  Everytime I access one of these
> documents to make a change, the cursor just freezes as soon as I hit
> any key.  I have to hit Ctnl, Alt, Del to exit the document because
> the entire page is locked up.  What causes this and how do I get by
> this freezing?  Thanks.

0
Jay

Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document
I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my pages within the booklet. If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square. Help! Try inserting it as an Object. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D1BC77-CE3F-4D3D-BC93-C168FE9DA2AA@microsoft.com... |I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in | Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my ...

Printing WORD docs from a form

Outlook Web access #14
My IE is totally gone when I reply or forward an open message in Web Outlook. It was working fine last week and I did not install anything new to my Win XP system. Can some one help? You will need to be a bit clearer in your explanation of what you mean by "IE is gone." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Ellen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | My IE is ...

Documentation for HTML Format, Syntax for AutoSize
An Excel file can be stored as HTML. Two questions... [1] Does anybody know whether the format is documented somewhere? [2] Is it possible to specify an autosize for a column? -- Michael G. Schneider MTLookup http://www.mtlookup.com Movable Type Weblog http://www.movable-type-weblog.com/ ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel It's been over three months since I first asked this question and still no response from Microsoft. I'll try again. <br><br>When I try to use Document Connection to connect to my Office Live Workspace using my Windows Live ID, Document Connection does nothing. The gear just spins and I do not receive a message of any type indicating any problem. I can use my Office Live Workspace via Safari just fine. Why doesn't Document Connection work? Well, whatever the problem was, it was fixed wit...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Locked for Editing 04-09-10
We are constantly having someone open up an excel workbook within our network and not closing it before they go home. This does not allow us to continue adding entries into the workbook throughout the night. We are forced to save the workbook just as a copy then the next day we have to go back and enter all of the entries that occurred over the previous night, a lot of tedious work. Is there any Macro or other function that would enable me to force this document to be closed on the network? We've tried communicating the necessity of closing the document but to no avail. Is ...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Basic Question on Creating XML documents
Hello: I am learning XML technology. I have a question on creating an XML document that conforms to a DTD/XSD. While there is a function that I can call to make sure that the XML document is valid, I would like to know how I can create it. Do I have to understand the DTD/XSD and code my module so that the XML document is valid? Or, are there tools available to do this? What if the data is in SQL Server but I have to create an XML rendition of the data that conforms to a DTD/XSD? Thanks. venki vvenk wrote: > Hello: > > I am learning XML technology. I have a question on cr...

Outlook 2007 problems 03-08-10
Hello guys, When I run Outlook, the first thing I see is Outlook Today, which is good. But I cannot see my calendar entries on it. I have my work schedule, birthdays, public holidays all in separate calendars in outlook, but none of them show up on outlook today at all, I've search the net but cannot seem to find the answer help please... Are they all in subfolders of the default calendar or do you have anything IN the default calendar folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/out...

Need Help 04-17-10
I have several forms that i am working with. The main form is called Audit scedule. There is a subform that updates when I enter new data. There is another form called Audit results. I want to be able close out the schedule when I enter information on the audit results form. I want the line in the subform to be removed from the schedule. Does any one know how this can be done? If the subform is open when you want to remove the record from its record source, you could have a public function on that subform that deletes the speciified record and then requeries the subform. You w...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Excel documents not displayed when excel is opened
When I open excel and select file and open documents that I've saved are not displayed, however if I go into my most recent documents these documents are displayed. Why are they not being displayed in excel vs. my most recent documents? -- rabhatty Depending on how you opened the file and the version of excel, not every file that you worked on appears at the bottom of the File dropdown (in the Most Recently Used file list). Files that are opened by doubleclicking in windows explorer under xl2k (IIRC) won't appear. (xl2002 (I think) changed this behavior.) You may want to post ...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...