Word Auto Summary Option

I do home inspections and use Word for my reports.  I would like to create a
automatic summary page of all defects I list in my report instead of having
to copy and paste them one by one.  Is it possible to have word search for a
specific "key word" then capture that canned statement and put it in a
seperate summary document automatically?

For example...

Defect -- The house needs ect ect

I want word to look for all canned statements that starts with the word
"Defect".

That would be simple enough. Does the term 'Defect' begin a paragraph?  Is
the defect contained in a single paragraph. Then the following macro will
list those paragraphs in a new document.

Sub ListDefects()
Dim oDoc As Document
Dim oList As Document
Dim oRng As Range
Set oDoc = ActiveDocument
Set oList = Documents.Add
oList.Range.Text = "List of Defects" & vbCr
Dim oPara As Paragraph
For Each oPara In oDoc.Range.Paragraphs
    If InStr(1, oPara.Range, _
    "Defect") = 1 Then
        Set oRng = oPara.Range
        oRng.Start = oRng.Words(2).Start
        oList.Range.InsertAfter oRng.Text
    End If
Next oPara
End Sub

 If not how are the defects listed and what ends the description of the
defect.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"stlhomeinspector" <stlhomeinspector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B11EDCE8-D10D-4692-8E2C-0F55BA5A7B2A@microsoft.com...
>I do home inspections and use Word for my reports.  I would like to create
> automatic summary page of all defects I list in my report instead of
> having
> to copy and paste them one by one.  Is it possible to have word search for
> specific "key word" then capture that canned statement and put it in a
> seperate summary document automatically?
>
> For example...
>
> Defect -- The house needs ect ect
>
> I want word to look for all canned statements that starts with the word
> "Defect".

0
Graham

Printing WORD docs from a form

Repost: "Save target as..." option
When I used to use Outlook Express, I could right click on links (to PDFs, pix, etc) in message bodies and select the option "Save target as...". This option doesn't appear to be available for links in emails in Outlook 2003, and I'd be grateful for advice on whether this is a feature of Outlook, or a setting I need to change in the options somewhere. TIA It is a setting in the OS and not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Check Date on ATB with Options Report
How can I add the check date for payments on the Aged Trial Balance with Options report in GP10? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Encoded Word Documents

Where are my saved word?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

auto rcvd email retrieval
Hi, 3 mos. new to this world, after a ten-year hiatus, this AM, for, starters, I'm adding a disconnected table to a burgeoning contractor's .mdb. tblMyControlNumbers shall be keyed with a string I can find in the Author property of some .docs and maybe .xls's and it looks like this: "Jim Shores_1040000, Jim Shores_1040001, _1040003, and so forth and so on. Well, yesterday, there was a online order-form field at some mail-order house that called for a .Purchase Order Number'. Which means I have recieved a email with "Jim Shores_1040029" in its body. How ...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Decimal Point Auto Entry and Other Options
Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 2004 to Money 2005?? I just upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium and am unable to find the "Automatically insert decimal point in amount field" option, and the many other options like it, that are normally under the "Editing" tab in options. I have been a loyal user for 6 years and have loved the product, but to remove these sort of time-saving features seems silly. In microsoft.public.money, gheatly wrote: >Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 20...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

"Do not send before" option
I've noticed that with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 the "Do not send before" option does not function correctly i.e. it only works if the client software is running. With Oulook XP and Exchange 5.5, this also worked on the server alone. I've tried turning off cached Exchange mode, but still have the same problem. Is this a compatibility issue with Exchange 5.5, an Outlook 2003 bug or just a reduction in Oulook functionality? ...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Toolbar won't auto-hide
Why is it that the auto-hide feature on my toolbar will not stay working (XP, Vista, 7)? I'll set it and it will work for a few times and then stop working. If I take it off and reset it the toolbar will usually auto-hide for a little while and than the whole thing starts again. Am I doing something wrong? Is Bill doing something wrong? Thanks in advance... Bob Well, Bob... It's almost as if no one is monitoring this group. How many MVPs are represented here? My post is sitting there ignored as well. What you are seeing may be related to my own pro...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

MFC Forum Summary Report
In the past we use to gate microsoft and borland newsgroups into our system, but that stopped. A few days ago, I started to gate the mfc newsgroup again to see whats going on with lost mail. With the local copy of mail, I can run a stats with our old 1996 iMail utility - yup, with have iMail, iFTP products way BEFORE Apple thought of "I" this or that - they probably got it from us. :) Anyway, for your FYI, here are the stats since just for the past four days. I might decide to continue gating and do a monthly stats. iMail News Gateway Server v3...